Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed (50654 Views)

Hausa & Indigenous Gbayi Residents Clash In Abuja, 3 Dead, Many Injured (Graphic / Okada Riders & Traders Clash In Abuja. Pregnant Woman Killed, Properties Burnt / Thugs & Hausa Residents Clash In Osun State, One Person Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by SlayerForever: 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2022
Five Killed, Multi-Million Naira Property Destroyed As Yoruba, Native Residents Clash In Akwa Ibom Community

At least five persons have been killed and property worth millions of naira destroyed, in a communal clash between Yoruba residents and the indigenes of Ibeno in the Ibeno Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.

According to reports, though details are still sketchy, the fracas started as a cult clash before it turned into an ethnic war.

Sources said the Ilaje people, mostly fishermen, have started fleeing the community through bush paths, while their houses and tents are being looted and destroyed by the hoodlums.

A Yoruba indigene living in Akwa Ibom State, Barr. Oluwajuwon Ogunbiyi, told Daily Post that the situation was unfortunate. He called on the state government to set up a committee to investigate the crisis.

He said, “It is quite unfortunate that this crisis has led to the loss of innocent lives and destruction of properties. The Ibeno community had been a good host over the decades to both indigenes and non-indigenes. Everybody has been living there in harmony without rancour.

“I’m therefore using this medium to appeal for peace and an end to hostilities from both warring parties. I also want to call on the Governor of Akwa Ibom State as well as the heads of all security agencies in the state to intervene in the matter immediately in order to stem these waves of violence.”

https://saharareporters.com/2022/04/20/five-killed-multi-million-naira-property-destroyed-yoruba-native-residents-clash-akwa

Watch Videos : https://www.facebook.com/100058219861935/posts/406875941263065/?app=fbl

https://www.facebook.com/102261242331077/posts/141412818415919/?app=fbl

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by cherishmichael: 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2022
Nawaaa ooo

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by Zonefree(m): 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ever since Tinubu proclaimed that Yoruba and Fulani are one, Yorubas have been behaving like the Fulanis.

310 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by SadiqBabaSani: 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2022
Some people applaud such things like this because they think it favors their evil narrative, let them know that all would be affected in the long run,

#SayNoToViolence

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by SadiqBabaSani: 6:15pm On Apr 20, 2022
Nobdy benefit frm a crisis like this

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by mainkendo: 6:15pm On Apr 20, 2022
; angry grin grin angry angry

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by Sonoyom(m): 6:15pm On Apr 20, 2022
The people of AKS are some of the most hospitable people in the country but they certainly won't tolerate any nuisance behaviour from an outsider.

I know that the Government of Udom Emmanuel will bring the situation under control.

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by BloomingDale(f): 6:15pm On Apr 20, 2022
Seems most southerners are tired of Yoruba people.

188 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by OVB123: 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2022
Nigerians are not just united, disunity among the ethnic groups. When are will going to resolve crises related to ethnicism? God help us.

18 Likes

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by SlayerForever: 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2022
Zonefree:
Ever since Tinubu proclaimed that Yoruba and Fulani are one, Yorubas have been behaving like the Fulanis.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by NaughtyBrainiac: 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
Some Tribal bigots will soon start their foolishness

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by Rollsnjaguar(m): 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2022
Tobichimezie:
Great job by my brave Ibeno brothers, those people don't take any nonsense and I'm glad they treated those pigsty Yaribanza skull mining and fetish terrorist subhumans in the language they understand, they can take their dirty and ritual practicing useless selfs back to their shitholes in Ogbomosho if they can't respect their host.

Exactly

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by Nigerialabalaba: 6:28pm On Apr 20, 2022
Rollsnjaguar:
Yorubas should respect their host and stop constituting nuisance everywhere or they should go back to Ogun.
Just imagine OPC unleashing itself on dis minorities. I sabi say u be ipob terrorists and u like evetywhere to dey full of innocent people blood but for dis one, keep kwayet if u no wan join people wey dey call for peace. D ibeno itself no go fit wait if Ilaje do reprisal attack. Dem be minorities o. I no wan hear genocide o

33 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by duro4chang(m): 6:29pm On Apr 20, 2022
foryourmindlol:
The skull miners should carry their yoonity begging parasite self and go back to Ogun state the capital of rituals. cheesy

Akwa Ibom/Cross Rivers are one of the coolest people on earth. For them to fight you means you're Satan.

They are the only people we will allow into Biafra (if they indicate interest of course).
meth induced comment.

53 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2022
Their people plenty for south west.....when OPC starts I hope people won't start crying genocide.

56 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by Rollsnjaguar(m): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Just imagine OPC unleashing itself on dis minorities. I sabi say u be ipob terrorists and u like evetywhere to dey full of innocent people blood but for dis one, keep kwayet if u no wan join people wey dey call for peace. D ibeno itself no go fit wait if Ilaje do reprisal attack. Dem be minorities o. I no wan hear genocide o

If they burn them well, let them try any reprisal in Akwaibom. They will be wiped out.

Did you read the report that they are already running away through bush part grin

Where was OPC when ordinary herdmen where slaughtering Yorubas in Ogun, they even chase whole community on exile grin

123 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by Yoruba1stson: 6:34pm On Apr 20, 2022
Imagine the nonsense, so dem get mind to attack Yoruba abi, when OPC start killing those worthless subhumans, we no wan hear story

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 20, 2022
Rollsnjaguar:

If they burn them well, let them try any reprisal in Akwaibom. They will be wiped out.

Did you read the report that they are already running away through bush part grin

Where was OPC when ordinary herdmen where slaughtering Yorubas in Ogun, they even chase whole community on exile grin

Remember that you guys are not fulani and unlike fulani you guys live in the cities were you can be tracked down easily...

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by SisterFire(f): 6:35pm On Apr 20, 2022
...is that y I was hearing gunshots few distance from my hotel room ? angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by SlayerForever: 6:37pm On Apr 20, 2022
This news is no joke o. I just saw the pictures. Oh my God! shocked

Yoruba properties have been destroyed!

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by SisterFire(f): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2022
Akonamasi:
Yoruba don dey run o grin grin grin Who remembers one moniker like that mile12crises
...Stop joking u all are brothers who lack histories , the gunshots is disturbing

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed by Nigerialabalaba: 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2022
Rollsnjaguar:

I sabi say u want make ibeno become barren and blood stained like ur village and state but God no go gree for u.

Olodo, Land full ground for Yorubaland so tey Oyo state na d size of your whole Iboland. If Ilaje go one tiny village,na because d people good but now dem dey attack dem, e no good for ibeno. I no want genocide committed against minorities o

24 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Warri Sex Worker Fights A Client For Refusing To Give Her N2k After “Short Time" / How UNIOSUN Student Adebisi Rofiat Was Killed / Woman Slices Her Friend's Face With Razor For Dating Her Ex-Boyfriend (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.