Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List (1316 Views)

Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) / 10 Most Populated Countries In The World; See Where Nigeria Falls / The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by diasporaman(m): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2017
WITH Paraguay removing its visa requirements for Singaporeans, Singapore now has a visa-free score of 159, making it the most powerful passport worldwide according to the Passport Index.

The index, developed by global advisory for residence and citizenship solutions, Arton Capital, ranks passports by the cross-border access they bring, assigning a “visa-free score” according to the number of countries a passport holder can visit visa-free, or with visa on arrival.

Historically, the Top 10 most powerful passports in the world were mostly European, with Germany in the lead for the past two years. Since April 2017, Germany has shared the number one position with Singapore, which has been steadily moving up the ranks. Other Asian passports in the Top 20 include South Korea’s in third place, Japan’s in fourth and Malaysia’s in sixth position with a score of 154.

“For the first time ever an Asian country has the most powerful passport in the world,” said managing director of Arton Capital’s Singapore office, Philippe May.

See full list here

https://diasporareporters.com/singapore-now-powerful-passport-world-see-full-list/

Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by diasporaman(m): 9:28am On Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful country but very expensive. I was almost deported back to Nigeria in 2012 despite having $1000 as BTA

1 Like

Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by walemoney007(m): 9:28am On Oct 25, 2017
Ftc
Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by obonujoker(m): 9:28am On Oct 25, 2017
If dem give you American or Singaporean passport, which one you go take??
Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by FarahAideed: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2017
Now thats a passport
Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by FarahAideed: 9:29am On Oct 25, 2017
diasporaman:
Beautiful country but very expensive. I was almost deported back to Nigeria in 2012 despite having $1000 as BTA

You know this
Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by hucienda: 9:31am On Oct 25, 2017
ECOWAS passport nko? cheesy
Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by diasporaman(m): 9:32am On Oct 25, 2017
Front page please

Let's celebrate the first Asian country's passport to become the most powerful
Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by madridguy(m): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by Oblitz(m): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2017
how about Naija passport?
Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by sunshineV(f): 9:47am On Oct 25, 2017
I know Nigerian passport is as worthless as the naira

4 Likes

Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 25, 2017
Green passport...
Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 25, 2017
If your passport is worthless it's because you as an individual are also worthless and of no value to the country restricting your entry. After all the only difference between an average Singaporean and a Nigerian is attitude.

1 Like

Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by 9japrof(m): 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
Pidgin2:
If your passport is worthless it's because you as an individual are also worthless and of no value to the country restricting your entry. After all the only difference between an average Singaporean and a Nigerian is attitude.

This your inordinate love for Nigeria is really perplexing, do you work for the government or what. The way you defend Nigeria so blindly to the extent that you turn blind eye to facts most times.

Well there is a good side of it, it shows rare patriotism which if half of the citizens would enbibe would make this country a better place

5 Likes

Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
9japrof:

This your inordinate love for Nigeria is really perplexing,do you work for the government or what. The way you defend Nigeria so blindly to the extent that you turn blind eye to facts most times.

Well there is a good side of it, it shows rare patriotism which if half of the citizens would enbibe would make this country a better place

National pledge: I pledge to Nigeria my country, to be faithful, loyal and honest, to serve Nigeria with all my strength and to defend her unity and to uphold her honor and glory so help me God.

3 Likes

Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by diasporaman(m): 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nigerian passport is as worthless as a tissue paper. I live abroad and I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
Pidgin2:

National pledge: I pledge to Nigeria my country, to be faithful, loyal and honest, to serve Nigeria with all my strength and to defend her unity and to uphold her honor and glory so help me God.

Who Nigeria epp
Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by seunny4lif(m): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
obonujoker:
If dem give you American or Singaporean passport, which one you go take??
Italian passport is even ahead of USA passport
Singapore citizens are not been target by any terrorist
Re: Singapore Passport Is Now The Most Powerful In The World. See Full List by ahmEenu(m): 12:02am On Oct 26, 2017
Ok mr abroad we've heard you. Thanks for announcing to the whole world where you live... Carry your wahala and go

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Cousin Has An Opportunity To Visit America. This Is His Only Problem. / Cost Of Rent In Accra / I Need Visa To U.s.a.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.