Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) (33924 Views)

Warri-Bayelsa-PortHarcourt Link Road: The Worst Road In South-South Nigeria / Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE / Which Nigerian City Can Road Traffic Be As Discipline As This? (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 6:43pm On Nov 27, 2023
Lagos State has been ranked as the city with the worst road traffic in the world.

This is according to Global Traffic Congestion Rankings 2023 by Traffic Index.

Latvian city, Riga, came second on the list, followed by Tehran, the capital and largest city of Iran.

In fourth place is Mexico City in Mexico, with Indian city Mumbai in fifth while Krakow in Poland occupied the sixth spot.

Here is a list of top 10 cities with the worst road traffic in the world.

1. Lagos (Nigeria)
2. Riga (Latvia)
3. Tehran (Iran)
4. Mexico City (Mexico)
5. Mumbai (India)
6. Krakow (Poland)
7. Istanbul (Turkey)
8. Lima (Peru)
9. Cairo (Egypt)
10. Bucuresti (Romania)

DAILY POST

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Zonefree(m): 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2023
Fake news.

Lagos in SW got the best road network in the world.

Source;
NBS.

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by CoronaVirusPro: 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2023

Fvck Global Traffic Congestion Rankings

37 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Iagos: 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by dominique(f): 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2023
Lagos is too heavily popular not to have heavy traffic jams. That's why we're praying for development and industrialisation in other states so Lagos can be decongested. NewYork city should be on the list IMO

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by reiddecuti: 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2023
Our dearest Lagos. That's the result of monopoly of economy practice in our dearest country.

Diversify the economy they said no. The want to teach the igbos Igbos a lesson.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by CharlesofJesus: 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2023
G
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Anytask01: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
Some people will rush into the thread thinking it's one Igbo man or grouped that said it.
Say any unpleasant thing about Lagos and they will start attacking the Igbo tribe. To them, it's always Igbo vs Yoruba/Lagos on Nairaland.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by fasho01(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
It's no surprise. The traffic here is in a class of it's own

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Toluabigr8(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
Lagosian spends half of their lifetime in traffic.

Source: nausabi

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Risingblue008(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
Thank God say no be me talk am
grin grin grin

I'll keep saying it
This Lagos na overrated state,
I prefer akwa ibom or Calabar to Lagos the lagoon state,

Even the lagosians can't develop their own state
grin grin grin
What a shame
I have never seen any sw build or get serious business in any other part of the country
SE dey even help Dem,
If u like blast me,
I be confirm Edo man,75% here knows I'm saying the truth

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Emergingnation(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
The glorified slums city represent every thing bad.😭😭

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Urheadmaster(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
cheesy

Bola Ahmed Tinubu Lagos Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Skyfornia(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
Decongest Lagos by making other states viable for investments and businesses, open more ports in other states, set up government presence in other states too...who says we can't have Neco headquarters in Portharcourt? Or Custom headquarters in Enugu?? Etc

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by tiswell(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ronu's left the group chat

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Fr33born(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
Lagos
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Bobloco: 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
The truth is that Tinubu is the reason lagos state always come tops in every bad indices

Lagos is the second most unlivable city in the entire world

Lagos rated city with worst road traffic

Lagos state records abysmally low in other indices like Gross National Income per Capita, Life Expectancy, Human Development Index (HDI) Health Index, Educational Index, Income Index

He is now the president, under five months, over 180 million Nigerians have been pushed into multidimensional poverty

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by seandurse(m): 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
Normal flex. Lagos will build you for anywhere in the world. So when you get there and see what people are complaining about, you will see it as normal thing. Eko Akete, Ilu ogbon

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by folks4luv(f): 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
Wow! It's that bad? Unbelievable
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
grin

The only time Lagos traffic is so EXCELLENT infact you will begin to wonder is in the month of December stroke January when 'THEY' all travel back to their villages for Christmas and New year. grin

19 Likes

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by adamusuleiman1: 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

The only time Lagos traffic is so EXCELLENT infact you will begin to wonder is in December stroke January when 'THEY' all travel back to their villages. grin

Lagos needs to be decongested. If their governors governed their domains right, there won't be a mad rush for Lagos State and other parts of the SW region.

Imagine the stress not only on infrastructure but healthcare services, education, welfare e.t.c.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by tiswell(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
dominique:
Lagos is too heavily popular not to have heavy traffic jams. That's why we're praying for development and industrialisation in other states so Lagos can be decongested. NewYork city should be on the list IMO
nice defence for Lagos...leave NY out of it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by saintkel(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
To be expected....nothing strange

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Pristine664: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
Looking for bad news about Lagos everywhere.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Addme: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
Our Lagos
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by AmazingELixir: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ok
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Flame333: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
Zonefree:
Fake news.

Lagos in SW got the best road network in the world.

Source;
NBS.

Pure lies..

I don drive everywhere I come give up..
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by tolumizzy(m): 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2023
Eko akete......ile ogbon

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Evolutionism: 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
The Worst place to live in the World filled with Vile beings.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Evolutionism: 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
Flame333:

Pure lies..

I don drive everywhere I come give up..

Lol you didn't get the Sarcasmgrin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Splitmind: 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
And so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

24 Things I Learnt While In Nigeria / Rotimi Amaechi Inspects Ebute-Metta Railway In Lagos (Photos) / View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.