Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? (1380 Views)

Real Reason Women Cheat In Marriage – Blessing CEO / Men Are Mostly The Reason Why Women Bleach Their Skin / 10 Reason Women Cry During Sex 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? by t00dugged(f): 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
I came across this article, which I will share with you shortly,i totally agree with the writer but then another question struck me, if men are the reason women bleach, why then do men bleach, yes, I know alot of guys in my area that are bleaching, even married men. I also know light skinned ladies that are bleaching too( maybe they want to become transparent undecided) so it seems to be beyond the dark skin
Here is the article

We are the reason why Nigerian women bleach
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
Skin bleaching and skin lightening is because of male preference and institutional colourism.
Let’s not lie, guys, the reason women bleach, tone and lighten their skins is because of us.
A lot of men have unknowingly helped the bleaching industry became big business. You might have never bought a skin lightening cream for your partner but you have in little and subtle ways push the narrative that fairer skin is more attractive than darker skin.

'Oyinbo pepper', 'light skin', 'yellow pawpaw', 'half-caste' are some of the terms Nigerian men use to describe attractive women of fairer complexion.
mention how many terms we have for beautiful dark skinned women. Zero. This imbalance shows societal preference towards light skin women. In the scale of attraction, light skin women rank higher than dark skin women.

'Omo Pupa' sang by Nigerian highlife legend Sir Victor Olaiya is a song about a man’s desire to bag a light skin woman. The record was released in 1961.
This shows to tell you that this preference for women of the fairer skin has been around for a while. Fela Kuti in 1976 had to release a diss record for women who bleached their skin. It was titled 'Yellow Fever'. It's a good guess to believe that Fela Anikulapo-Kuti had seen enough of Nigerian women bleaching that he did something about it.
From Yellow Fever to 'Bora' by Patoranking and Olamide, Nigerian singers have mocked women who bleach. Here is the funny thing though, check the average Nigerian music video and it is more than likely that light skin video vixens will be more than the dark skin ones.

Institutional colourism is pretty much everywhere. Put on your TV and you will notice that ladies of the fairer skin tend to be more than dark skin women.
Music video directors prefer to use fair skin vixens in their videos because they say they appear better on HD. The same applies to movies also.
Oh, and in case you didn't know the colour film was invented for white people and not black people. It would take years for this defect to be corrected.

At a certain time in the Nigerian banking sector, the new generation banks preferred to employ light skin women as its marketers. A particular bank was known for employing mostly light skin female women.
This disparity in taste is a reason why skin bleaching and lightening is big business in Nigeria. Some women think that if they make their skin lighter, they would be more attractive.
The choice to bleach or meddle with your skin colour or skin tone still boils down to the individual but societal preference and bias towards a certain skin type have made bleaching big business.
Re: If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? by phintohlar(f): 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2017
Like this stupid man wey dey my compound, bleach sotey bleach head joing
Re: If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
Simply bcoz a lot of dark skinned ppol are so obsessed of having a fair skin regardless of the gender..

Not only Nigerians are crazy about bleaching, whitening, lightening of the skin...Even Koreans and Japanese ppol are so obsessed as well despite of them having super fair skin complexion juz to own a snow white skin ... lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? by IamLEGEND1: 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2017
It is not a secret that women have a compulsive desire to gain men's approval in everything they do. It is the one thing in this world that gives them life.
Needless to say logic and common sense never come into play in situations like that.

4 Likes

Re: If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2017
undecided

There is nothing bad in tonning when you use the right cream

I hate seeing grownup men bleaching.

Bleaching of skin in men is caused by low self esteem and its always irritating to the eye.

1 Like

Re: If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? by t00dugged(f): 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
It is not a secret that women have a compulsive desire to gain men's approval in everything they do. It is the one thing in this world that gives them life.
Needless to say logic and common sense never come into play in situations like that.
what then do you have to say about men that bleach?

1 Like

Re: If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? by MyNewJackeT: 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
CEEcey:
undecided

There is nothing bad in tonning when you use the right cream

I hate seeing grownup men bleaching.

Bleaching of skin in men is caused by low self esteem and its always irritating to the eye.

toning of skin means you're trying to bleach.

the question is why do women deny bleaching?
Re: If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? by prestige2013: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
Bleachers are of Low self esteem....... Am proud of my skin even though d country is falling hands.
Toodugged is Black n proud of it Prestige is black n proud of it.
Re: If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? by pocohantas(f): 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
t00dugged:
what then do you have to say about men that bleach?

That was the question and he didn't even answer it... lipsrsealed

OP, I think the number one reason is low self esteem and the desire to be what you are not. They feel it'll make them more acceptable.

1 Like

Re: If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? by t00dugged(f): 8:28am On Oct 26, 2017
pocohantas:

That was the question and he didn't even answer it... lipsrsealed

OP, I think the number one reason is low self esteem and the desire to be what you are not. They feel it'll make them more acceptable.
Haha, he cleverly left that out, seems only the issue of women gives him adrenaline rush undecided
what baffles me most is that only women have been portrayed to have this trait especially in Nigeria, men are so perfect that they don't have low self esteem but right before our eyes we are seeing them turn themselves to house husbands because they want to have half caste children from white women
Re: If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? by t00dugged(f): 8:28am On Oct 26, 2017
prestige2013:
Bleachers are of Low self esteem.......
Am proud of my skin even though d country is falling hands.

Toodugged is Black n proud of it
Prestige is black n proud of it.

thanks smiley

(1) (Reply)

I Caught My Father Cheating With An Employee, Should I Tell My Mom? / Couple Cut Bread In Place Of Cake For Their Wedding Anniversary (picture) / For The Mr And Miss Single!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.