Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

History Of Oduduwa (photo) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / History Of Oduduwa (photo) (6699 Views)

A Historical Narrative Of Oduduwa. / Exposed Origin Of Oduduwa / The True Story Of Oduduwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Of Oduduwa (photo) by obinnamerlin(m): 9:04am On Oct 26, 2017
Have you ever wondered what the history of Oduduwa and it's relationship with the Yoruba race was like, how the Yoruba's originated and why you always hear words like Oduduwa, Sango, and many other deities not mentioned. That is what I would be explaining here in this post.

Samuel Johnson account the Yoruba's originated from Lamurudu who was the father of Oduduwa has been criticised by many because it is believed to be historically incorrect. Other historians have given accounts that Oduduwa came from Mecca and settled in Ile-Ife where he established the first Yoruba political Kingdom.
Given the fact and oral history at our disposal, Oduduwa never came from Mecca. The question now is who is Oduduwa?. Oduduwa means odu to da iwa i.e. "how to behave". Oduduwa was a deity cum spirit and was not given birth by any human being. Lamurudu should not be confused as Oduduwas father. The creation of Ife began with Olodumare who sent Obatala and Oduduwa to the world for important purposes,while they were going, Obatala came across a group of men drinking palm wine, and decided to join them and abandoned the task given to him by Oduduwa. On seeing this, Olodumare instructed Obatala to collect cockerel on Obatalas shoulder and proceed to Ife to accomplish the assignment.

continue reading http://mandateinfo..com.ng/2017/10/history-of-oduduwa-and-yoruba-race.html

Re: History Of Oduduwa (photo) by johnnyhandsom(m): 12:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
hog wash
Re: History Of Oduduwa (photo) by seunny4lif(m): 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
Hmmmm
Which one we go belief
Re: History Of Oduduwa (photo) by HISTORY23000: 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2017
Next, history of superman, and then after that history of peter pan, and then after that history of batman, and then after that history of the flying carrot and bugsbunny. You guys should learn the difference between myth and history !
Re: History Of Oduduwa (photo) by BabaRamota1980: 11:59pm On Oct 27, 2017
obinnamerlin:
Have you ever wondered what the history of Oduduwa and it's relationship with the Yoruba race was like, how the Yoruba's originated and why you always hear words like Oduduwa, Sango, and many other deities not mentioned. That is what I would be explaining here in this post.

Samuel Johnson account the Yoruba's originated from Lamurudu who was the father of Oduduwa has been criticised by many because it is believed to be historically incorrect. Other historians have given accounts that Oduduwa came from Mecca and settled in Ile-Ife where he established the first Yoruba political Kingdom.
Given the fact and oral history at our disposal, Oduduwa never came from Mecca. The question now is who is Oduduwa?. Oduduwa means odu to da iwa i.e. "how to behave". Oduduwa was a deity cum spirit and was not given birth by any human being. Lamurudu should not be confused as Oduduwas father. The creation of Ife began with Olodumare who sent Obatala and Oduduwa to the world for important purposes,while they were going, Obatala came across a group of men drinking palm wine, and decided to join them and abandoned the task given to him by Oduduwa. On seeing this, Olodumare instructed Obatala to collect cockerel on Obatalas shoulder and proceed to Ife to accomplish the assignment.

continue reading http://mandateinfo..com.ng/2017/10/history-of-oduduwa-and-yoruba-race.html

Bullcrap!!!
Re: History Of Oduduwa (photo) by macof(m): 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Bullcrap!!!

Actually it's not. The op is very correct
Just that he concentrates on the spiritual aspect of oduduwa rather than the historical

Historical oduduwa came from Oke-ora

1 Like

Re: History Of Oduduwa (photo) by Cuddlebugie(f): 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
These untutored historians are a bunch of confusionists....
The custodian of the Yoruba culture and history had better publish a book on the true history of Yoruba before people like cuddlebugie who depends on the internet for information about the Yoruba race and the unborn generation gets brainwashed by our 21St century historians.

4 Likes

Re: History Of Oduduwa (photo) by ivolt: 9:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
Wrong title: "Oduduwa Mythology" would be more apt.

Aside his reign and struggle with the traditionalists, Oduduwa's
life still remains a mystery.

Neither Samuel Johnson's middle-east theory nor the deity hypothesis has any
validity.

But one thing is certain, he was not a foreigner.

2 Likes

Re: History Of Oduduwa (photo) by Olu317(m): 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
ivolt:
Wrong title: "Oduduwa Mythology" would be more apt.

Aside his reign and struggle with the traditionalists, Oduduwa's
life still remains a mystery.

Neither Samuel Johnson's middle-east theory nor the deity hypothesis has any
validity.

But one thing is certain, he was not a foreigner.
If he wasn't a foreigner,how come he used white ram as a sacrifice for his ancestors? How come he used white local chalk with kola and other things as well as killing of white cockerel/ doves etc in concentric circle to worshiped almighty God ? Some people seems to be too attached emotional to specific location but the truth will always showcase itself. Odu'a descendants know certain things that are alien to many people who don't know the man's history.
Re: History Of Oduduwa (photo) by ivolt: 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
Olu317:
If he wasn't a foreigner,how come he used white ram as a sacrifice for his ancestors?
He could have used a purple lion!
It doesn't matter what he allegedly sacrificed and we don't even know that.
There is always a first time for everything.

How come he used white local chalk with kola and other things as well as killing of white cockerel/ doves etc in concentric circle to worshiped almighty God ? Some people seems to be too attached emotional to specific location but the truth will always showcase itself.
Evidence please?
From the way you write it appears you are not familiar
with early Ife occultic practices and you seem to confuse
modern western anthropomorphic god with that of
traditional religion adherents

Odu'a descendants know certain things that are alien to many people who don't know the man's history.

Please check the meaning of "know" and "history", the two words are not
to be used when discussing myths and conjectures.

1 Like

Re: History Of Oduduwa (photo) by Olu317(m): 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
ivolt:

He could have used a purple lion!
It doesn't matter what he allegedly sacrificed and we don't even know that.
There is always a first time for everything.

Evidence please?
From the way you write it appears you are not familiar
with early Ife occultic practices and you seem to confuse
modern western anthropomorphic god with that of
traditional religion adherents

Please check the meaning of "know" and "history", the two words are not
to be used when discussing myths and conjectures.
I mentioned white ram, yet you seem not to do understand.... Oh k.
I am...
Omo Ooni Olofin/Olufin/Alaafin Odu'a
Omo Oranmiyan,
Omo lajamisan
Lajado ogun
Lafogido
Omo Luusi
Omo Laade (Orimolaade)
Omo Ajamaiye/Ajalaiye
My grandfather was one of legimate son of Ajamaiye/Ajamaiye
My biological father
Myself and sibling etc

Now,you can see that I will know my ancestors history. We are many but only stated my side of ancestors lineage....

I know my history very well.....

(1) (Reply)

Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel Int. Wants To Control Everybody / Everything In Ghana. / Edo/Idu People And The Colour Red / Respect Is Reciprocal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.