Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... (33799 Views)

Putin To Officially Recognise Breakaway Ukraine Regions / Putin Not Ready To Recognise Biden As US President Yet / CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by AZeD1(m): 7:15pm On Oct 27, 2017
hucienda:
It will be difficult for most countries to support 'cos they also dealing with secessionist movements in theirs - Scotland in the UK; Biafra in Nigeria; Lombardi, Corsica, Sicily in Italy etc.
Taiwan and other regions in China,
Bavaria in Germany
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2017
martineverest:
UK is scared

I see Europe getting shattered... That's y EU remain silent

I see countries like wallonia, Sicily, Basques, corsica, bravaria, Lombardia, Venice, piedmont, Quebec etc in next 5yrs
you may not be wrong, i suspect same.
not only these countries you have mentioned Above, i believe more and more countries may follow.
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by DonVikings: 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:

Una wan attach unasef to us by force. angry

we say NO! grin

Go dey ur own. grin
People whose Obis went begging an Aboki when they were given the order to relocate to Abiama Potor Republic. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by ivolt: 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2017
bidierichie:
What is their (UK) problem?

Must you force people to stay together?

If you did not recognise their independence, are you feeding them?

Do they ask for your aid?

UK abeg park well and let Catalonia live in peace.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-p9whylrqliM/Ud3R74x6NnI/AAAAAAAAN0A/nhChnQ6LnCw/s1600/adam-levine.gif[/img]

Take heart

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by dometome: 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2017
fvck them. Go go Catalonia!
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by 9jaDoc(f): 7:18pm On Oct 27, 2017
ivolt:

grin grin grin
Democracy and Geopolitics are two different issues.
Moreover, the US is never a democracy, neither is the
UK a total one.

The only true Democratic country is Switzerland, yes,
the looters haven.

I beg to disagree. How about 9ja? We are a true democracy. I am serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by seunjungle1(m): 7:19pm On Oct 27, 2017
Badt belle countries, they never support any good thing or idea...if USA says they will not support a country for something, we here that. But what of UK that has nothing to offer and still forming better country...your own Brexit dey there wey den never reach conclusion but you busy putting mouth for issue you are less concern with. 5tupid UK
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by Exclusive32: 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2017
ninjasta:
US State Department on Catalan independence: "Catalonia is an integral part of Spain".

remember that tillerson and trump are different people o. remember when tillerson told the media that USA will honor the Iran deal. remember one China policy when trump sold weapons to Taiwan .
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by ivolt: 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2017
9jaDoc:

I beg to disagree. How about 9ja? We are a true democracy. I am serious.

If you check the meaning of democracy, you will understand
my post. Nigeria like the US is a Republic, not a "true" democracy.
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 27, 2017
ivolt:

This is the submission of most people who don't understand the meaning
of responsibility and choice.
UK and US are not some kind of benevolent god, they make decisions based
on their interests, of course, you are free to whine about it.
thank God! the queen of England will not behead me for calling britain a crooked country, those days are long gone! some european countries are beginning to see their crookedness. nowadays grin
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by Omoluabi16(m): 7:21pm On Oct 27, 2017
Would there be a limit to secession agitations? No relationship is truly unworkable..dialogue is all we need.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by Exclusive32: 7:23pm On Oct 27, 2017
seunjungle1:
Badt belle countries, they never support any good thing or idea...if USA says they will not support a country for something, we here that. But what of UK that has nothing to offer and still forming better country...your own Brexit dey there wey den never reach conclusion but you busy putting mouth for issue you are less concern with. 5tupid UK
That was the department of state and not Trump. remember when tillerson said USA will honor the Iran deal and trump did the opposite. remember when tillerson was saying USA will dialogue with north Korea and Trump was saying different thinks.
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
Great! i am moving to Catalonia! grin i hear their women are very beautiful and sexy tongue with big butts and breasts.
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by IamtherealRita(f): 7:25pm On Oct 27, 2017
The US is not God neither is the UK, congratulations to the Catalonians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by enemyofprogress: 7:25pm On Oct 27, 2017
Talkwell:
The exact thing I just de reason cheesy

The funny thing b say wen ipob peeps wan give example of secessionist countries them go call Catalonia,dem go begin talk say Catalonia don get their independence why nigeria own go different grin
one thing those people no know be sey as Nigeria dey now pay America, Britain, Russia and others,na their own interest matter to them and not one yeye biafran interest grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by enemyofprogress: 7:27pm On Oct 27, 2017
IamtherealRita:
The US is not God neither is the UK, congratulations to the Catalonians
when CIA come carry you now,you go begin cry and beg sey no be you talk am

1 Like

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
Same way the world super powers will not recognise beerfraud

1 Like

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
The same UK that invaded African countries and subdued their Kings/Rulers into Colonialism?
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by KaptainAfrika: 7:32pm On Oct 27, 2017
Simple get recognition from Russia and China. And invite them to build bases there. CHECKMATE.
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
One thing that can never be withheld from a man is his desire for freedom. The same USA fought the American revolutionary war against the British Empire for their independence ( 1765 – 1783), Obviously for diplomatic reasons, the USA and every other world power would never publicly support a secessionist movement against one of their allies (keyword here being "publicly" ) BUT the world powers know very well that there are other means to offer support, by playing the "puppet master" behind the scenes.

The USA and the UK have been playing the game of both sides for centuries now, No be today dem start. Its left to the Catalans now to put up a united and defiant front against all adversity, once they show that they really, really mean business and by that I mean playing to the tune of the world powers for a certain period of time (An example could be offering one or two incentives at the feet of the world leaders, once they do that then every other thing would fall in place. Lets not forget the Catalan region are richer than the Spanish nation itself, do your research! so its safe to say the Catalans have at least one or two cards up their sleeves when it comes to offering incentives to the world powers)

Only a fool would expect the USA to come out to publicly support a secession. Some negotiations take place in public, others in private but one thing is certain - that negotiation did actually take place. If you think the USA would support the Catalans in public then you are a fool and if you think the USA would NOT support the Catalans secretly then you are also a fool.

THE USA SUPPORTED ENGLAND WHEN THEY WENT TO WAR AGAINST ARGENTINA FOR THE FALKLANDS / MALVINAS BUT GUESS WHAT? CLASSIFIED INFORMATION WERE RELEASED RECENTLY THAT SHOWED THAT THE USA ALSO SUPPORTED ARGENTINA'S CLAIM AND OFFERED TACTICAL INFORMATION TO THE ARGENTINIANS ON HOW TO DEFEAT THE BRITISH ARMY.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2254755/US-accidentally-helped-start-Falklands-war-encouraging-Argentinians-invade-island-admits-ex-CIA-chief.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4138454/CIA-s-secret-plan-Falklands-Argentina.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165945/Not-neutral-Ronald-Reagan-secret-plans-loan-U-S-warship-Britain-aircraft-carrier-lost-Falklands-War.html

All this time Margaret thatcher though Ronald Reagan was her ally lol. That's world politics for you. A colossal "loss" on paper / media could actually be a very strategic point gained behind the scenes. So to all of Una dey here they shout say Catalans don fail. I laugh in Aboki language.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by IamtherealRita(f): 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
enemyofprogress:
when CIA come carry you now,you go begin cry and beg sey no be you talk am

Did you see how stupid you sound
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by Yusuf54: 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2017
Catalonia was never a part of Spain before n by the way, who r the UK n US not to recognise Catolonia Independence,,Catalonia was a small Country before they were Conquered by Spain Armies

1 Like

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by Bullhari007(m): 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
if them no recognize them, we are not enemy of progress we will recognize them
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by goaldynman(m): 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2017
Bolustical:
[s]In International Politics, RECOGNITION (especially by the big powers) is the most important characteristic of a state as it boost the legitimacy of the government and provide avenue for international trade. This is what the likes of Kanu do not know, that the big powers in their own interests will not recognize the secession of any state any longer because of heir national interests.

And going by the stances of these powers as regards PALESTINE, the KURDS and now CATALONIA, I think those chanting secession here in Nigeria should see the hand writing on the wall.

Moreover, the last successful SECESSION that took place in 2011 (South Sudan) has created more humanitarian problems to the world than its intention of peace thus no one is ready to listen to anything secession or referendum.[/s]

RUBBISH

1 Like

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by chuose2: 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2017
Na so Nija wan do attachee to South oh!

We the ND stand with Biafra, in fact we dey for Biafra.
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by HeGeMon(m): 7:39pm On Oct 27, 2017
In the new world order, the western nations are against further balkanization of nations, and won't support new secession efforts by those who pursue them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by IamtherealRita(f): 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:

Well the people that count are with us.
Akwa Ibom people want Biafra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMuDJiKRyxY

I doint need to tell you that Rivers too wants Biafra.
Thats our capital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw3sYpenlmU

Na wetin Briggs go discuss with Kanu.
how we go waka together.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5626105_biafrabriggskanu_jpg5ae2e6aece8a46644b54debcc91c2535

Middle Belt too wants us. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WscHFtKJ8kQ

The sweetest thing in life is freedom cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by ninjasta: 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2017
This are the country's who won't recognize Catalonia independence
United States
Ukraine
Germany
UK
France
Spain...............
Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by IamtherealRita(f): 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2017
enemyofprogress:
e pain am
You are supposed to be on the children section of nairaland undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US, UK Will Not Recognise Catalonia Indepen.... by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 27, 2017
Why's this even news? We knew this was going to be the case ab initio. First,there was what the EU said and then Macron came out with his own position on the issue. The EU knows for a fact that it is up against something bigger than mere agitation movements. There might be something bigger than our imaginations behind some of these movements in Europe. Wish I could upload that link here...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. / Multiple People Shot In New York City Subway / "I Am Sorry" Tony Blair Apologizes For Iraq War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.