Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City (67516 Views)

RCCG Asked To Remove Its Building Under A High-Tension In Lagos / See The RCCG Church Built Under High Tension Wire In Lagos / RCCG Church Built Under High Tension Mast In Lagos (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by Ayatullah(m): 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
Fiscabally:
ignorance is a .........

......Benin Lady heading for Italy!
Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by ayorhmeeday(m): 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

There are two possibilities :
1. Sloths fall asleep at odd positions and times and especially in daylight.
2. It got electrocuted after climbing up

You are quite capable of making these deductions yourself undecided

hmph!...
i've heard u sir.

i wud've refuted ur claims with another concrete argument but i don't av d TIME nor d BATTERY to engage in the endeavour.
so i bid u adieu.
Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by smart111(m): 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2017
this is not Bush Baby ooo it's is called sloth

Sloths are mammals classified in the families Megalonychidae (two-toed sloths) and Bradypodidae (three-toed sloths). There are six extant species of sloths. They are named after the capital sin of sloth because they seem slow and lazy at first glance; however, their usual idleness is due to metabolic adaptations for conserving energy.

here is a link if you would love to know more about it
https://www.nairaland.com/3757398/lovely-sloths

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by chiraqDemon(m): 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2017
RobinRay:
the cliche is getting overly annoying,
is it only electric pole that can catch witch
apparently the so called "witches" have the power to transform to animals, launch IBAs(Intercontinental Ballistic Arrows) to people on other continents, and other fascinating balderdash and poppycock......
but then their great weakness, the bane of their existence is NEPA POLE
we need to discard this Nollywood mentality abeg
I swear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by soshi(m): 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2017
claremont:
It's the African version of the Koala, but I have forgotten what the actual name is. This particular specie is very common in Nigerian tropical forests, it feeds and lives on bamboo trees. Nothing strange here, go find your witches elsewhere.

its called a potto

The potto ( Perodicticus potto ) is a
strepsirrhineprimate of the family
Lorisidae. It is the only species in the genus Perodicticus. It is also known as Bosman's potto , after Willem Bosman who described the species in 1704..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by WiseFool2(m): 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2017
quiverfull:
Strange indeed, but that narrator is a comedienne...with her warfi accent.
Taar.... Which Warfi accent? Even if she hadn't mentioned Benin, I still would have known that she is bini. They have a particular diction.
Hear correct waffi babe yarnies, u go know whats up. Lol
Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by Manofvalor1: 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2017
Dat na air commando wey develop air crisis come clash land.
Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by Proffdada: 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2017
poor lemur mistook an electric pole for a tree because of human encroachment of the forest cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by webgenius234(m): 1:03pm On Oct 28, 2017
confirm...benin kwenu

meanwhile run as fast u can from naijataxi....they are scumbags
http://www.naijaict.com/2017/10/12-proofs-naijataxi-is-scamfraud-ponzi.html
Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by indoorscholar(m): 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2017
ayorhmeeday:
you people givin seemingly ''rational'' explanations to this rather strange happening, should ask ursef...
how did a ''terrestial'' animal get to a height that's like 12-16ft??
doesn't that tell u that ''the powers that be'' av a hand in this

Leopards, pandas,monkeys, anacondas etc are terrestrial animals and they can climb higher than that. Watch national geographic you won't, instead you're talking nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by Yyeske(m): 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2017
Bini people and their weird beliefs atimes sef dey tire person.

That girl running commentary should shut her mouth up, creashure like her making noise for Africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by smart111(m): 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2017
neoapocalypse:

And who told you the animal was flying

sloth Sometimes, use electric lines to migrate out of the jungle

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by totorimi: 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2017
Those who don't know will say anything but we know ourslves in Naija.

This is not the first time an animal has been trapped in a high tension cable in this same Benin. The other time an old woman was found sitting on top of a roof.

Our elders say a child does not know jazz and he calls it vegetable.
Believe it or not 'na dem'
Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by freezze(m): 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
its called bla-haha in Yoruba land.... because of the noise it makes at night... stories have it that it was not party to a conspiracy to the sale of one of the village elders back in those days so after tey sold bla ha ha there was so much evil in town. it then kept saying I told you not to sell bla haha. it left the village and went into the forest and keeps shouting till date.
claremont:
It's the African version of the Koala, but I have forgotten what the actual name is. This particular specie is very common in Nigerian tropical forests, it feeds and lives on bamboo trees. Nothing strange here, go find your witches elsewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by niggi4life(m): 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
See Creature oooooooooooooo... This is Benin city Edo state grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by igwegeorgiano(m): 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
the indomitable airforce of benin kingdom i hail una o
Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
smart111:

sloth Sometimes, use electric lines to migrate out of the jungle

I know , I quoted the guy who insinuated that the sloth was flying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by udemzyudex(m): 1:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
quiverfull:
Strange indeed, but that narrator is a comedienne...with her warfi accent.

LOL.. The this is Buhari part got me laughing hard.
Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
claremont:
So what is it doing on high tension wire

1 Like

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by ayorhmeeday(m): 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
indoorscholar:

Leopards, pandas,monkeys, anacondas etc are terrestrial animals and they can climb higher than that. Watch national geographic you won't, instead you're talking nonsense

lols.
monkeys, panda, snakes...i agree..
buh LEOPARDS?! haba! fear God lah!

that'z a POLE and not a TREE
it would av 2 have d power of opposable thumbs b4 it can accomplish d feat!

are u sure d NAT. GEO u watch, isn't ABA made?!!...
grin
Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by femi4: 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
Spexo001:
does bushbabies fly?
Does monkeys fly?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by Muzikluva(m): 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Thank you sir. That's a sloth aka 'bushbaby'.
The educational system has truly failed this nation.
But come to think of it,sloth is the slowest animal ever and it doesnt fly. The question now is how did it get to the top of the pole?

1 Like

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by dazzlingd(m): 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
ayorhmeeday:
you people givin seemingly ''rational'' explanations to this rather strange happening, should ask ursef...
how did a ''terrestial'' animal get to a height that's like 12-16ft??
doesn't that tell u that ''the powers that be'' av a hand in this

you deserve credit for your state of ignorance and backwardness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by femi4: 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

So what is it doing on high tension wire
The pole is made from wood. Bushbabies and trees are like....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by drshrewd: 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
smart111:
this is not Bush Baby ooo it's is called sloth

Sloths are mammals classified in the families Megalonychidae (two-toed sloths) and Bradypodidae (three-toed sloths). There are six extant species of sloths. They are named after the capital sin of sloth because they seem slow and lazy at first glance; however, their usual idleness is due to metabolic adaptations for conserving energy.

here is a link if you would love to know more about it
https://www.nairaland.com/3757398/lovely-sloths

Africans especially Nigerians are brain dead ignoramus. linking every occurrence as spiritual.
I think the mods should put up the link to that post you put up there in the front page to educate Nigerians
Sloths can really be great climbers and probably the pic below from your link explains clearly what happens

Sloths Sometimes, use electric lines to migrate out of the jungle into dangerous cities shocked (this line in that link is prophetic)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
claremont:

Don’t mind the ignorant people !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
see that cute animal only in africa they see animals as evil so backward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by indoorscholar(m): 1:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
ayorhmeeday:

lols.
monkeys, panda, snakes...i agree..
buh LEOPARDS?! haba! fear God lah!

that'z a POLE and not a TREE
it would av 2 have d power of opposable thumbs b4 it can accomplish d feat!

are u sure d NAT. GEO u watch, isn't ABA made?!!...
grin

My point is, they all climb. And if that pole is made of wood a leopard can climb it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by FisifunKododada: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Are you kidding me

I give up

please shift let me faint

Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by ayorhmeeday(m): 1:23pm On Oct 28, 2017
indoorscholar:

My point is, they all climb. And if that pole is made of wood a leopard can climb it.

Naarh...
that pole is too "upright" 4 a leopard 2 climb. apart 4rm dat, it's weight as opposed to that of a monkey or a snake, wud make it extremely difficult 4 it 2 pull itself.

i doubt pandas can evn climb poles sef.
they're extremely heavy!!!
Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by myrrtle(m): 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
Flashmove:

I will need one... and if you can do a good sites, i can be giving contacts.. .

Thanks
emailed you as regards this, please check your mail and reply
Re: Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City by zikter(m): 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
richeeyo:
Instead of them to watch NatGeoWild Always football
and African magic with zeeworld

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Biography Of Orimolade Tunolase Moses, Founder Of Cherubim And Seraphim Church / Pastor Bakare Mocks Bishop Oyedepo For ‘Making Noise About His Private Jet’ / One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.