Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

[help] Is It Advisable To Runaway From Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / [help] Is It Advisable To Runaway From Home (746 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere / My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? / 'I Want To Cheat On My Runaway Husband' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[help] Is It Advisable To Runaway From Home by faggins(m): 7:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
hi nairalanders. please help me out. here is my story. Am a young lad of about 20years and am currently staying with my parents but the problem is that i always have problems with my mum to the extent that she will start abusing me and sometimes we don't talk for days and now am thinking of running away from home cus anytime we had misunderstandings i will be sad, depressed, bored and sometimes i do think of suicide. I really want to leave home cus as am typing this am sad and depressed, pls help me out.
Re: [help] Is It Advisable To Runaway From Home by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
Disagreement with parents is normal once in awhile but it shouldn't be room for you to contemplate suicide.

If I may ask, want are the issues the give birth to the disagreement with your parents especially your mum?
Re: [help] Is It Advisable To Runaway From Home by FitnessDoctor: 7:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
I understand, at your age you are in the rebellious phase of your life which everyone had to go through, but running away wouldn't solue anything but simply expose you to the harsh realities of life. You are growing into a man and as a man you have to learn how to solve your problems and not run away from them.
So try to solue the toxic problems between you and your mum. African mums will always insult and abuse you physically and mentally but that doesn't mean they dont love you, my mum used to do it too and she never apologized even when she was wrong. I just had to embrace that fact and tell myself that no matter what she says to me when she is angry i know she loves me, because she feeds me clothes me and houses me, so i had to become more mature rather than look at her insults and let them affect me, I just understood that she is simply angry, annoyed or upset and also i have to start doing what she says whenever she wants so that the abuses could reduce.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: [help] Is It Advisable To Runaway From Home by faggins(m): 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2017
Dextology:
Disagreement with parents is normal once in awhile but it shouldn't be room for you to contemplate suicide.

If I may ask, want are the issues the give birth to the disagreement with your parents especially your mum?
actually she send me to do some work for her so in the course of doing the work,i got headache so i told her but instead she started abusing and insulting me that am a bad child, that am lazy and all that, this made me leave house angrily and uptill now i never returned back home, am just tired, my mum wahala is too uch
Re: [help] Is It Advisable To Runaway From Home by faggins(m): 8:08pm On Oct 28, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
I understand, at your age you are in the rebellious phase of your life which everyone had to go through, but running away wouldn't solue anything but simply expose you to the harsh realities of life. You are growing into a man and as a man you have to learn how to solve your problems and not run away from them.
So try to solue the toxic problems between you and your mum. African mums will always insult and abuse you physically and mentally but that doesn't mean they dont love you, my mum used to do it too and she never apologized even when she was wrong. I just had to embrace that fact and tell myself that no matter what she says to me when she is angry i know she loves me, because she feeds me clothes me and houses me, so i had to become more mature rather than look at her insults and let them affect me, I just understood that she is simply angry, annoyed or upset and also i have to start doing what she says whenever she wants so that the abuses could reduce.
aiit bro, but my mum wahala is too much, this type of incidence always leaves me sad and depressed.
Re: [help] Is It Advisable To Runaway From Home by FitnessDoctor: 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
faggins:
aiit bro, but my mum wahala is too much, this type of incidence always leaves me sad and depressed.
Actually you are the one giving her wahala, try to control yourself no matter what she says and give her the maximum respect as your mother, she might not understand how those words hurt or she might even be saying them to hurt you, but you have to man up and look beyond those words because she doesn't really mean them and she will never be angry forever.

1 Like

Re: [help] Is It Advisable To Runaway From Home by thorpido(m): 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
You are at that stage in life where disagreements are common.
Don't run away or commit suicide.Learn to manage it.
Try to cooperate with your mom.She is not going to be always right but learn to follow her instructions .
Re: [help] Is It Advisable To Runaway From Home by faggins(m): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2017
tnx for your comments and encouraging tips. tnx guys
Re: [help] Is It Advisable To Runaway From Home by holyboii: 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
faggins:
tnx for your comments and encouraging tips. tnx guys

Many of the above guys have good mothers. There are mothers who don't care like mine.

I did conductor for a minimum of 7 months while my mum who is in Europe flexing life did not reach out to me. Just like you op she insults and breaks down my self esteem.

Long and short, I stayed outside changed my state,finished school without her help and gotten an international certification. God willing our steps will be guarded
Re: [help] Is It Advisable To Runaway From Home by faggins(m): 8:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
holyboii:

Many of the above guys have good mothers. There are mothers who don't care like mine.

I did conductor for a minimum of 7 months while my mum who is in Europe flexing life did not reach out to me. Just like you op she insults and breaks down my self esteem.

Long and short, I stayed outside changed my state,finished school without her help and gotten an international certification. God willing our steps will be guarded
very sad. The way some parent treat they children is very bad..

(1) (Reply)

An Important Message To All Men Before Old Age / Could My Fiance Be Messing Around With His Married Neighbor? / How Manager Raped 14-year-old Girl In Restaurant’s Fridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.