Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? (2086 Views)

My Father Wants To Chase Me, My Wife And Kids Out Of The House. / I'm Ready To Get Married But My Father Wants Me To Build First / 'I Want To Cheat On My Runaway Husband' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 18, 2020
Hello, please I have a friend with a problem and need your help urgently.

Hey bro, it has happened again. Dad tried to beat mum again today and I stood up to him for the first time. I told him if he tried it that I would deal with him, he was in shock at first, then he told me to do my worst and continued beating mom. I then looked and saw a hammer, then I took it and threatened to hit him with it, but he ignored me completely.

I then came closer to him and he didn't flinch, then I actually hit him. He fainted briefly and after waking up, he has been threatening me that he'll call police by the time he fully recovers. He said he can't raise a tiger in his house. If I'm a tiger then what is he?

He might take a few days to recover, he has a serious injury to the head (bandaged and sewn up by my mum, she is a nurse) and currently under drip. I actually didn't mean to hit him, I just wanted him to stop hitting mum. Mum says I should apologise but I can't, because the truth is I'm not sorry. I feel like if I apologise, he is going to do it again.

Please what should I do? Should I run away from my father's house? I'm only 16 and I don't know how to live in the streets and don't have any friends here either since we only moved in shortly before the lockdown.
My friend please help me...

P.S: Rather that troll, just jejely scroll and pass; nevertheless, I need your honest opinions. He is following this thread so please be responsible, he's just 16.
Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by izzou(m): 5:34am On Jun 18, 2020
Don't run away.

Infact, if you stay in Lagos, there's this agency for domestic violence that is run by the Lagos State Government. You can tag them on twitter or give them a call.

As for his mum, may God have mercy on her, and return her self esteem in a million folds.

12 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Righteousness89(m): 5:36am On Jun 18, 2020
Hitting your dad with a hammer was quite dangerous! It could hit the wrong spot! Separating them would have been better!
Don't run away!
Take a photo of your mum's injury!(For evidence purpose)
Don't keep grudges with your dad!
Greet Him ! And when things calm down, you apologize to him for using a hammer...

9 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Donald3d(m): 5:37am On Jun 18, 2020
grin

If he calls police, call your own too grin grin grin

As my oga above has said contact the agencies that handle domestic violence.

If the victim is in Lagos : https://twitter.com/dsvrt (Domestic&Sexual Violence Response Team)

You could also tag segalink on twitter

2 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by jeffizy(m): 5:38am On Jun 18, 2020
I'm sorry to read about you being caught up in squabbles between your parents.
Trust me, it's never a good experience, even for someone your age.

I'm being comforted with the fact that your mum is a nurse, it means she can always get a means of survival if she stays out of the house.

That's the reality, she got to move away, if it's permanent or temporary, it depends on the frequency of the malady .

The fact that you had to hit your dad means that you have crossed a line that will be difficult to rearrange..... You may have to leave the house too.... That's to avoid touching raw nerves.

Leave the house for now, your mum can make arrangements for a friend's place or a room within the neighborhood until nerves calm down........ If it ever will.

3 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Kobojunkie: 5:43am On Jun 18, 2020
Jezking:
here either since we only moved in shortly before the lockdown.

P.S: Rather that troll, just jejely scroll and pass; nevertheless, I need your honest opinions. He is following this thread so please be responsible, he's just 16.
Mother says you should apologize? Yikes!
The person you should be concerned with is your mother who condones such abuse from the man she is married to, and goes as far as to allow such a man to extend the abuse to her son who only tried to defend her when she would not do so. sad sad

2 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by suzzyboss(m): 5:43am On Jun 18, 2020
Lol.. I like your story.. I can't believe this... But are you looking for opinion in your next script or end credits on this one..

How can a father be beating his wife.. ( very bad) in front of is sixteen year old son.. Then you used hammer to hit your fathers head( head of all places) then he fainted but instead of taking him to the hospital you mom was a nurse she stitched the injury and gave him drip ( wow ) and you dad threatened to call the cops after assaulting your mom ( common na script be this jor

2 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Donald3d(m): 5:44am On Jun 18, 2020
Righteousness89:
Hitting your dad with a hammer was quite dangerous! It could hit the wrong spot! Separating them would have been better!
Don't run away!
Greet Him ! And when things calm down, you apologize to him for using a hammer...

Hitting him with the hammer was wrong, yes ?
Separating them ? Be practical and realistic with your advice Sir .
If you read well, he said he threatened him. That was an attempt to separate them.
If you have not witnessed domestic violence before, you would not understand what it feels like for the kids, most times they freeze in disbelief and shock.. When it becomes constant, some just get numb to it, others react !. You have no idea the psychological damage it causes.

For the guy to stand up to his dad, it would have taken a lot of courage, scratch that, it wasn't just courage but courage + love + defense. No one wants to sit and watch his/her mother beaten to death.

Some men don't have sense. You don't need to beat a woman to establish your authority, there are more effective ways, she would be literally crumbling at your feet in submission.

Men who are violent are the actual weaklings, their physical strength is all they rely on.

5 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Mother says you should apologize? Yikes!

I know right? lipsrsealed
Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by saintokwuluora(m): 5:53am On Jun 18, 2020
Please follow Righteousness89' s advice, after this I think your father will think twice before hitting your mum again, but you need to apologise to heal the home.
Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by tillaman(m): 6:00am On Jun 18, 2020
shocked
Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Donald3d(m): 6:05am On Jun 18, 2020
I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone here, but I find it very nauseating that some people are telling him to apologize to his dad and they are hypocritically ignoring the fact that the mother also should be apologized to.

Was the boy's approach wrong ?. Big Yes .

Does the father deserve an apology ? On the condition that he(the father) apologizes to the mum and promises to never repeat it again.

Any man who raises his hands to hit his wife, even if its just a "little" slap, doesn't deserve respect from anyone, especially his children.

And if you think such children would respect you, you are wrong. There is a very big difference between respecting someone out of honour and "respecting" someone out of fear.

If you are man and you are reading this, and you beat your wife, trust me you push your kids away from you gradually every single time you do this; spiritually, physically and emotionally.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by SavageMaster: 6:05am On Jun 18, 2020
suzzyboss:
Lol.. I like your story.. I can't believe this... But are you looking for opinion in your next script or end credits on this one..

How can a father be beating his wife.. ( very bad) in front of is sixteen year old son.. Then you used hammer to hit your fathers head( head of all places) then he fainted but instead of taking him to the hospital you mom was a nurse she stitched the injury and gave him drip ( wow ) and you dad threatened to call the cops after assaulting your mom ( common na script be this jor

Advise him or SHUT UP
You guys always make Nairaland look like a war zone.
Mpama!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 18, 2020
What charges would he want to charge you with,if you are a Tiger you should be fearless.Police are your friend,when you write your statement emphasize self defense,let us know if we should get you a lawyer.Biko you can't be an orphan at 16 .

3 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Bola146(f): 6:33am On Jun 18, 2020
Very bad of your father sad you could have apologized, then with love tell him not to beat his wife again. Or you are going to call the police or human rights people to interfere
Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:05am On Jun 18, 2020
Next time don't use a weapon, rather get a friend to assist you and tie that man down and give him a very good beating since he doesn't have sense and wants to be treated like an animal.
Report to the relevant agencies like someone said and be on your guard especially when it's time to sleep.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Abfinest007(m): 7:10am On Jun 18, 2020
report him to the police for domestic violence

1 Like

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 18, 2020
Jezking:

I need your honest opinions. He is following this thread so please be responsible, he's just 16.[/b]
if i'm the boy.... I will threaten my father again.... Or even arrest him sef with his money.. But since he has been seeing his father do it and not say anytin.. I'm not surprised.

Why people dey fear their parents sef??.... I remember the day i first attacked my dad almost becos of this same thing.... It was like a family problem... His elder brother over the phone, warned me and said i should do something.... Which i refused to do.. My dad said i should do it and i walked away angrily.... As my mum tried to defend me quarrel start.... I just told myself enough is enough, if i don't talk it will be like I'm afraid to talk.... Since that day.... The man don calm
apologize for using the hammer but advise am say next time you wont be so reluctant in dealing with him... Respect ur elders is outdated... Respect should be earned

5 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by suzzyboss(m): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2020
SavageMaster:

Advise him or SHUT UP
You guys always make Nairaland look like a war zone.
Mpama!!
I'll just act like I didn't see this post.. It's too early .. I'll just ignore you
Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 18, 2020
Righteousness89:
Don't run away!

Op, this man says you should Apologies for using hammer, next time use pestle

2 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by VirginFinder: 10:23am On Jun 18, 2020
Righteousness89:
Don't run away!
Take a photo of your mum's injury!(Ffor evidence purpose)
Greet Hhim ! And when things calm down, you apologize to him for using a hammer...

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Blackpearlous(f): 11:03am On Jun 18, 2020
Jezking:

Hey bro, it has happened again. Dad tried to beat mum again today and I stood up to him for the first time. I told him if he tried it that I would deal with him, he was in shock at first, then he told me to do my worst and continued beating mom. I then looked and saw a hammer, then I took it and threatened to hit him with it, but he ignored me completely.

I then came closer to him and he didn't flinch, then I actually hit him. He fainted briefly and after waking up, he has been threatening me that he'll call police by the time he fully recovers. He said he can't raise a tiger in his house. If I'm a tiger then what is he?

He might take a few days to recover, he has a serious injury to the head (bandaged and sewn up by my mum, she is a nurse) and currently under drip. I actually didn't mean to hit him, I just wanted him to stop hitting mum. Mum says I should apologise but I can't, because the truth is I'm not sorry. I feel like if I apologise, he is going to do it again.

Please what should I do? Should I run away from my father's house? I'm only 16 and I don't know how to live in the streets and don't have any friends here either since we only moved in shortly before the lockdown.

You should apologise for using an hammer on your dad, you don't want to be that kind of man it is not ok to hit someone like that ok?

Now snap your mum if there is an injury (keep the evidence when things gets heated.), he won't arrest you.
Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by lordm(m): 11:36am On Jun 18, 2020
if you have premium WordPress themes, please send to me. I want to use it for educational purposes. irhirhimoses@gmail.com or you could contact me in person if you want to sell it.
Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Mariangeles(f): 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2020
He shouldn't run away because it wasn't his fault, even though that was not the right action to take.
His irresponsible abusive father provoked him, and that could have cost him his life and his son's freedom.
There are reasons the bible says "Fathers, do not provoke your children"
He should be open to reconciling and making peace with his father if the father is willing.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by stacyadams: 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
Jezking:

Yeah,,before him hit ur mama again,he go think am twice,,,no run go anywhere,,make he call police,,Las Las him or ur mama go bail u...

Just prepare ur mind sha,naija police cell dey one kind...but u will be fine...

1 Like

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by stacyadams: 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
thariodamaniac:

if i'm the boy.... I will threaten my father again.... Or even arrest him sef with his money.. But since he has been seeing his father do it and not say anytin.. I'm not surprised.

Why people dey fear their parents sef??.... I remember the day i first attacked my dad almost becos of this same thing.... It was like a family problem... His elder brother over the phone, warned me and said i should do something.... Which i refused to do.. My dad said i should do it and i walked away angrily.... As my mum tried to defend me quarrel start.... I just told myself enough is enough, if i don't talk it will be like I'm afraid to talk.... Since that day.... The man don calm
apologize for using the hammer but advise am say next time you wont be so reluctant in dealing with him... Respect ur elders is outdated... Respect should be earned

Na so,,na so
Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2020
stacyadams:
Yeah,,before him hit ur mama again,he go think am twice,,,no run go anywhere,,make he call police,,Las Las him or ur mama go bail u...
Just prepare ur mind sha,naija police cell dey one kind...but u will be fine...
The same mama that allowed for this abuse to take place in front of her 16-year-old son? undecided
Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by bukatyne(f): 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Jezking:

Apologize to your dad.

It is hard and unfair; I know.

Does he deserve the hammering? Yes.
Is it in your place to do the hammering? No.

Except you have a way to fend for yourself in school, you are reliant on your father to put you through school. While apologizing, impress on him that he is not showing you and your siblings good examples by hitting your home.

While at school, also learn a skill you can monetize so you are leaving the house as soon as possible. Your mother has made peace with the abuse. I don't want you to carry bitterness in your young heart that ought to be your mother's burden.

If she not sorry for herself or looking for a way to jet out of the situation if it becomes unbearable for her, DON'T carry her burden please.

Channel the bravery and anger into productive ventures so you can come out tops and remove your siblings from that toxic environment.

It is well.
Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by techmo(m): 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
what is anyone supposed to do while their mum is about to get beaten to death.. ofcoarse repel the attacker

1 Like

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Eketem: 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
This is the problem with women staying in abusive marriages for " the sake of the kids" the kids will now feel obligated to defend them and get themselves in trouble while the woman still stays.

If your mother is tired of the abuse she can report him to the police, imagine now she is the one treating him.

Apologise this time because if he reports it is a serious case against you. Next time they want to fight put on your ear plugs and understand that your mother is an adult who has chosen to stay in a bad marriage.
Your life is just starting don't waste it because your mom is making a wrong decision

2 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Fidelismaria: 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
shocked

a 16yr old knocking his dad unconscious?

I'm stupefied

anyways

Don't run

Re: My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 20, 2020
He says: "Thank you all for your contributions. I got out of the house to one of mom friend's place."

He also managed to take a picture of his mom and report to the necessary authorities.

Me, I'm saying Thank you to those who contributed sensibly and to those looking for explanations and asking silly questions, wehdone ooh!

(1) (2) (Reply)

PLEASE!!! / Distress Sale: 5months Old Male Eskimo Going For Cheap / Great Sacrifise Of A Mother (a Mother's Love Is Forever)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.