Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Love Until It Hurts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Until It Hurts (337 Views)

Christians Come And Explain This My Heart Hurts (photos) / What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? / Kicking God Where It Hurts Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Until It Hurts by Antoeni(m): 7:11am On Oct 29, 2017
LOVE UNTIL IT HURTS
Many find it difficult to perform acts of love to others. It is better said “I love you” than doing it. But he who knows the health and spiritual benefits of love takes it serious. St. Mother Theresa did not find it easy in her initial stage of caring for the destitute in the streets. She has this paradox to share: if you love until it hurts, there will be no more hurts but more love. As part of spiritual benefits, love covers many sins and keeps you in good terms with God and neighbours. Alfred Adler, a psychologist said: “it is the individual who is not interested in (loving) his fellow who has greatest trouble in life and provides the greatest injury to the others”.

Fortunately, God counts for us as love very little things we overlook in our daily dealings with others. It is love when you stop over a sick neighbor to say hello. When you give a slice of bread and a cup of water to a hungry fellow, it is love. What a great lover you are when you give those clothes or footwear or head tie or books or any material that you rarely use to the needy neighbours. God loves you when you take time to listen to the distressed, even if you have no solution to his problems, he feels loved. You are a lover when you welcome a traveler who has nowhere to lay his head. When you speak for the poor widows or help to educate the orphans in your community, you have the heart of Jesus. Jesus will say to you on the last day: “come you blessed of my Father enter the kingdom prepared for you.... Whatever you do to the least of my brothers, you did to me” [Mt. 25:34, 40].

This is the content of the instruction given to us in the first reading. In the gospel, Jesus reiterates this instruction: That the law and the prophets are hinged on LOVE. Why? St. Augustine says: “love and do whatever you like”. If you love as St Augustine said, you cannot but do what love demands. This is of two dimensions: love of God and love of neighbours. The two are inseparable. The first entails the second and the second presupposes the first. No one does not love the neighbour whom he sees can claim to love God whom he cannot see. That person is liar and his religion worthless [cf. 1Jn.4:20-21, Jam. 1:26]. Brothers and sisters start loving now from where you are. God is Love and he who loves is begotten of God. I love you. Peace be with you!
29th Oct., 2017<>30th Sunday (A)<>Ex. 22:20-26, 1Thes. 1:5-10, Mt. 22:34-40
Re: Love Until It Hurts by Bestchisom(m): 7:18am On Oct 29, 2017
Re: Love Until It Hurts by SweetWJ(m): 7:28am On Oct 29, 2017
cry
Re: Love Until It Hurts by orunto27: 10:25am On Oct 29, 2017
Do not yoke Love with hurts. Then say "Love till The Rewards come". Love is Majesty and Worship, nothing like hurting in it.

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / Why Tithing Is Important As A Christian / Christianity For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.