Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades (65315 Views)

OAU Student Pours Sniper Into Her Bunkmates Mouth During An Argument (Photos) / Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses / Could This Be The Reason Why The 16-year-old OAU Student Died? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by MrsAnyanwu(f): 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
What of those that failed a course in Post graduate, they wrote it and passed excellently, my children no fit kill themselves, if you fail, fail honourably, go back, write the course and pass it, I love my children, I am their number 1 support system and best friend, even when they fail, they are not scared, they must tell mummy, and my job is to boost their self esteem, this is terrible
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Leez(m): 7:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
Adebowale89:

advertise your insanity elsewhr. I'm not buying
shioor
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Offpoint: 7:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
AirstarKane:

God bless you for this comment sincerely God bless you. few days ago,my cousin that failed Oau post ume,you need to see how his parents were just panicing and asking me to do something cos its ma alma mater. I just told them to calm down. What i noticed is d lad is under pressure ask me d age,he's just 15. I told them where are you rushing this boy too. Hope say una know say no job o. It crazy the rate parents want to chase their children to the university. That place is no child's place so many under age in the university. Recently,a mother said she will get a lesson teacher for her 3 year old i was livid. Media has a lot do.
My sister, the thing is really getting out of hand... some parents in their haste to intimidate others they put unneccessary preasure on their kids. I heard one the other day talking of making her son wrote Common Entrance in primary 4, at age 7 for christ Sake,,,,
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by jaido007: 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
hundreds of us had F in the same chm101 back then in UNAD....
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by kenny1911: 8:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
Eyaaah, what a sad way to die. Why kill yourself when you can work harder next time and get better grades in other courses.

I equally got E in my first semester CHM 101.1 and D in my second semester CHM103.2. Meanwhile, these courses carried 4units credit load, the highest in my universities days in Engineering save for project. To be candid, those courses are not beans oooo.

My grades really got me devastated but did not allow that to deter me. Meanwhile, some people failed that course till their 3rd yr before they were able to pass with an E grade. You can imagine what that can do to your over CGPA.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by ipledge10(m): 8:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:
Afonjas should stop being economical with the truth.

She was murdered for ritual purpose.
you and those that likes your comment are foolish.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by mechanics(m): 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
Too bad, she didn't tell her colleagues her problem, so they couldn't help her with her Studies, she should have engaged herself with tutorials, it helps alot.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
Benita27:
@16, she's still a child and has nothing to do with tertiary institution in advanced Nations. Why won't she commit suicide when a child is given what she's not mentally prepared for?.
your brain need restructuring when some 16yrs old are graduates in western countries Na dis animalistic thinking De make education look like prison to us many of d d e and f are sadistic making...education shd be fun and functional....moreso evryone must not go to skool self
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
Proffdada:
The real guilt lies on the school and parents
She must have been a straight A's kid who eventually met the incoherent curriculum of Nigerian university and a strict all perfect parents cry

RIP
achiac theory plus demonic sadistic lecturers
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
MrEgghead:
Me that have been trying medicine in Uniben and UI for the past four years,Yet,these schools keep slaying me,What should I do? I still believe I'll study medicine no matter the number of years it takes..I'll live to fulfill my dreams... RIP to the Dead.
so another course no de u go soon old African mentality of Na only medicine be cause wen others de like info tech agriculture etc
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
olafotad:
There should be age prerequisite for admission! This innocent kids schools are giving admission might not be able to handle emotional problems associated with higher institutions !
u said thrash u hear that cos our system is bulshit....
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
Cuteamigo1:
Please someone should explain to me how she got into the university at 16. That means she finished secondary school b4 she was 15 or sooner. Did she start schooling from her mothers womb? Anyways RIP
someone graduated 12yrs from Oxford..check google we have 25 who are prof abroad...its no big deal to see a 16yr old in skool OK
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by MrEgghead(m): 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
so another course no de u go soon old African mentality of Na only medicine be cause wen others de like info tech agriculture etc
I'm a final year student of Uniben..Its a win-win situation.. I'll finish this and follow my dream.. A life of fulfillment is worthwhile..

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
Youngzedd:
Universities should stop admitting kids.
will u sharap with pple like u Africa ll be backward
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Laple0541(m): 9:17pm On Oct 29, 2017
Poor girl, I got an F in CHM 101 during my time, in fact it was the third time that I passed it despite it was a 5unit course. Here I am today, to hell with devilish Chemistry and White house as a whole.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by enemyofprogress: 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2017
This is one of the reasons I refused to go school

The rate people are committing suicide in this buhari government only buhari go fit answer God
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by medexico(m): 9:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
DanseMacabre:
shocked

Rat poison and battery extract? She wan kill her soul and spirit join

Seriously though, who kills themselves over poor grades. First year grades that can be corrected.

Failing my first year make me think deeply and turned things around.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
UBGG:

About age, I was 14 when I graduated from secondary school, however, my dad didn't let me get into the university until I was 18, it broke my heart.

Looking back now, I think I understand why he did it.

sm 18 are prof abroad...in Africa we make simple tins difficult...my roommate was 20 wen he graduated so make ina let me hear word
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Ditala(m): 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
For how long will our students realized that "examinations doesn't tests students intelligent"? How I wished she was in my Psychology lecture's, I would have given her a helping hand, but now, its ten late.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
darlenese:

I tire sef,why would a course be branded most dreaded course , rubbish ,all this riff raff lecturers and their stupid behaviour , that's how one yeye lecturer boasted during my days in the University , he claimed that 90% of students in the Dept must come back for extension , that's how it has always been , we organised a tutorial for his course (inferential statistics ) we taught ourselves , and almost every one passed .I even got an A.
we realised the course wasnt even the problem but the lecturer 's attitude was .
I know someone who had four f in Nigeria ist semester went abroad and got a ist class

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
someone graduated 12yrs from Oxford..check google we have 25 who are prof abroad...its no big deal to see a 16yr old in skool OK
this is Nigeria not america, its a big deal here given the way our education system is designed. pre nursery alone i think its 3 years, primary 1 to 6 is another 6 years and secondary school is supposed to be another 6 years. the maths says 15 years of education b4 you enter d university. most people here start school when they are two years old so you see 2 plus 15 is 17 which is about right for the average ages i have seen personally.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
winnerz:
I am saddened about this tragedy.

Way forward.
1. Don't send emotionally immature kids to the university, if you have to, let them go from home or attach them to a guardian.

2 Our university system has failed. That is why students live off campus, a year one Pupil ' for that matter. Authorities should do d needful and build more hostel.
Again most students were helped to pass Jamb and Waec, hence when they gain admission it becomes difficult to cope.

3. Parents. Be strict but don't be dreaded by your children. Teach them the right thing but don't make them fear � you. Dear parents, let us stop destroying our kids by aiding their results through malpractices. Why not enrol them for remedial studies instead of passing utme and weac at all costs?

4. Society. Let us stop putting pressure on people because they didn't turn up as we expected. Every body is got a different talent and school or good grades is not a guarantee of success. Examples are Bill Gate, Mark of facebook and even our own Dangote. Let me add that some of our governors are carpenters. D. Some people even claimed our own only bubu has only a 'nepa bill '
not a fan of mediocrity, but what lies in us is much more than a degree certificate.

5. Friends and colleagues. If you noticed a friend or colleague who behaves strangly, move closer and a little word could save a soul. A word of encouragement could heal that bleeding heart ♥.

I could recall a guy in our first year in school. He was admitted to study Chemical Engineering. The guy seems very studious, but at the end he was on d brink of being withdrawn with a cgpa of less than 1. He confided in me and I advised him to write another JAMB and I gave him my Chemistry textbook (Aba bio) I don't know where he is now.

Finally, little angel, find rest with the lord.
May God give your parents and family and friends plus the OAU family d fortitude to bear your demise.

My fingers ache. I rest my case. Adieu dearie!
is bil and Mark slowpoke dis guys are highly gifted..
Dangote go skool ok....our educational shd be functional such dst with secondary skool u can stand well even if u don't further to university
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
Simplep:
This is part of d reasons my children will mark atleast 18 b4 entering d uni,honestly its nt good for under age to b in d uni..they are so vulnerable!,dey are easy to b manipulated,dey fear and panick on things like this...rip
oga kick dis archaic mentality off ur head age is no...at 30 university can be difficult cos our public skool are set up for one to fail....our system needs regigin...
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
sm 18 are prof abroad...in Africa we make simple tins difficult...my roommate was 20 wen he graduated so make ina let me hear word

Calm your balls, bro.

13yrs ago when I left secondary school, my dad thought it was a bad idea. A 14yr old 'abroad' already has got some taste of freedom...what do you think I'd have done as a 14yr old, living alone, unprecedented freedom, in another city?

By the way, my baby brother is 20, done with his bachelors program and hopefully would start his Masters program next year. It wasn't my dad's call this time, it was mine and even so, my dad still insisted the only way he would let him go off at such a young age...it must be a private institution.

You can do whatever you want with your kids. Let others do same and mind your bloody business.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
Cuteamigo1:
this is Nigeria not america, its a big deal here given the way our education system is designed. pre nursery alone i think its 3 years, primary 1 to 6 is another 6 years and secondary school is supposed to be another 6 years. the maths says 15 years of education b4 you enter d university. most people here start school when they are two years old so you see 2 plus 15 is 17 which is about right for the average ages i have seen personally.
thats yy we ll always be down...De is home schooling...no big drain schooling and getting good grades but we have a useless skool system and stupid lecturers who instead of ensuring education is fun and functional na to put fear for pple mind a 16 is mature enough to do tins in a good system....soludo,ayade,utomi had deir PhD at 25 so Wat are we saying...
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:58pm On Oct 29, 2017
UBGG:

Calm your balls, bro.

13yrs ago when I left secondary school, my dad thought it was a bad idea. A 14yr old 'abroad' already has got some taste of freedom...what do you think I'd have done as a 14yr old, living alone, unprecedented freedom, in another city?

By the way, my baby brother is 20, done with his bachelors program and hopefully would start his Masters program next year. It wasn't my dad's call this time, it was mine and even so, my dad still insisted the only way he would let him go off at such a young age...it must be a private institution.

You can do whatever you want with your kids. Let others do same and mind your bloody business.
u could have pass by instead of replying oga...
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Youngzedd(m): 10:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
will u sharap with pple like u Africa ll be backward

Who you epp?
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Doojie89: 10:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
Depression is real. Please help depressed people around you. Even A little smile goes a long way
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
u could have pass by instead of replying oga...

I could have but your simple mindedness piqued my interest. It's not everyday I get to interact with your kind.

By the way, it's MADAM not oga.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by IamShiningStar(f): 12:17am On Oct 30, 2017
nawa oo!
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Adeyemi4ril(m): 12:59am On Oct 30, 2017
Y on earth will she commit suicide just because of poor performance. I think something is wrong, d athourity should investigate d case thoroughly.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by RobinHez(m): 12:59am On Oct 30, 2017
Ah! Chemistry... A familiar foe! embarassed
She made the wrong choice, the worse didn't happen to her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Female Police Officer Among Seven Killed In Edo Bank Robbery Attacks (Photos) / Dead Babies Found In Refuse Dump In Calabar (Disturbing Photos) / Wife Cuts Off Husband’s Penis, Throws It Out Of Window For Cheating In Thailand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.