Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,251 members, 7,836,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades (65359 Views)

OAU Student Pours Sniper Into Her Bunkmates Mouth During An Argument (Photos) / Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses / Could This Be The Reason Why The 16-year-old OAU Student Died? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:
I remember seeing my 1st semester 100l result, after all the talk of first class I was seeing EDEDE on the board, man I was devastated... I trekked round the entire campus that night absence minded but man just had to put it behind him and move on... RIP young lady though death wasn't the way to go
ppl wey dey see "FEE-FEE-FEE" 4 dia own nko? shey dem shake ni? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Talkwell: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
KinSlayer:
Seriously, booksmarts and intelligence does not equal maturity. Parents should stop rushing their children through childhood and just allow them to live. It used to be 18 year olds in 100level. Now its 16 year olds. Even if the child finishes school at 16, there are a lot of other ways to learn besides bundling the child to university. Language learning, musical instruments , arts and crafts etc. The child will be more mature for it. Please , life is not a race. Nobody send you. Allow your kids to be kids

it's lower than 16 bro grin
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by aybabz101: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
ifenes:
I will take poor grades over good grades any day. The A students works for the B students. C students run the businesses and D students owns the building. Experience is often better than good grades. All these certificates are only insurance policies that makes you work for others. The higher the grades the worse.

If the Uni professor knows the keys to become a billionaire,he won't bother be in that profession in the firsts place.

they don come again with all these obnoxious theories
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Michael004: 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:
Afonjas should stop being economical with the truth.

She was murdered for ritual purpose.
May the devil that ceases your sense never return it to you till you die.

3 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Michael004: 12:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
KardinalZik:
WHO RESULT EPP?

Shey we wey graduate well, wetin degree don give boys. If school does not favour you, try another productive thing with your life.

To others intending to ply her route, hear this:

LEARN A SKILL and be self-employed. Grades DON'T matter in the school of success. hundreds [or even, thousands] nairalanders can attest to this.

STOP OVERRATING ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE!

Killed herself for just one course in your first year. What of those that up to three course in their final year?

You thought University education is a bed of roses? You thought University education is the way you see it in movies? RETHINK!
May God bless you that the world will start thinking you do money ritual.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
Paul6P5:
sometimes parent put alot of pressure on their ward without considerating their ability to cope with the new way of life in the university .

Children should be evaluated before going to the university because some lectures no get joy.

Factor to consider:
1 the age factor
2. pressure
3. Peer pressure
4. Depression
5. The kind of friends
6. Communication
7. A society that value grades rather than knowledge and skills
8. Village people

About age, I was 14 when I graduated from secondary school, however, my dad didn't let me get into the university until I was 18, it broke my heart.

Looking back now, I think I understand why he did it.

3 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by mofedamijo(m): 12:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hmmmmm what is wrong with kids of nowadays,i finished high school at the age of 16,gained admission at the age of 20,so at 16,she still gat plenty of years ahead of her,why!why!!why!!!,she can brush herself up and read hardee,i think orientation at the beginning of school is important 4 pple like her,so they can know poor grades is like cooking nasty food,u can always cook a better one if you work harder........

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by darlenese(f): 12:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
Shikena:
Any school that glorifies Chemistry 101 as a dreaded course should be ashamed. There is need for urgent re-orientation or outright sack of some morons camouflaging as 'lecturers' in Nigeria. If you are not competent enough to impart knowledge of basic Chemistry on your students then you and your employers are the failures.

I tire sef,why would a course be branded most dreaded course , rubbish ,all this riff raff lecturers and their stupid behaviour , that's how one yeye lecturer boasted during my days in the University , he claimed that 90% of students in the Dept must come back for extension , that's how it has always been , we organised a tutorial for his course (inferential statistics ) we taught ourselves , and almost every one passed .I even got an A.
we realised the course wasnt even the problem but the lecturer 's attitude was .

3 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Cuteamigo1(m): 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
Talkwell:

she probably skipped classes,I did d same grin
I'll be leaving the uni wayyy younger than her grin
thumbs up, for as long as you can cope i dont care. why i asked is because am a corp member and i teach in a school so what you see are 7 year olds in jss1 and that scared the shit out of me because i kept wandering why thier parents jumped classes for them. the dowbside is thier level of assimilation is low and thier performance poor.

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Culin(f): 12:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
Depression is a very bad thing
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Xkalaban(m): 12:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
Oh my undecided what a waste. She for kukuma strap suicide vest go hug Abubakar Shekau now detonate the damn thing. That way her contribution for make sense weller.

R.I.P anyways......
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Mediapace: 12:21pm On Oct 29, 2017
donblade85555:
read they won't hear.....mtcheew

You that read and you don't have something tangible to do with your life

Still dwelling on that God forsaken blog on your signature
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by BrotherJesu(m): 12:21pm On Oct 29, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:

whoever gave birth to you obviously have flushed ur brain down the toilet when she was tryn to abort u.

4 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by tbliss22(m): 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2017
I think its high time parents/guardian began close monitoring of kids mood swing type. Depression is so crazy that the devil uses it to make you do what u can't ever imagine.

However, the girl's friends & her kind of parents made her do this. I trust my mum, she detects I have issues at heart even without telling her and she won't let me be until I spit it out.

Finally, I understand issues do exist but believe me suicide is never an option.

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by mojeed4(m): 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
ifenes:

You know what,no one has ever changed the world by doing what the world tells them to do. F grades doesn't mean kids are dumb, it means they have their own minds and ideas which are different to the teacher marking their course-work

Lol... I quite agree with you. Just imagining how lucky your kids are for having a father like you.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by NezoLee19: 12:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
Offpoint:
RIP.....
Abeg make dem let this generation children grow enough to handle emotions before dem enrol dem 4 uni...
I remember how many years i spend for primary.... before my stupiid right hand decide to reach my left ear
Well done sir! The problem with kids nowadays is that once their friend gains admission they will make it their life mission to gain admission without proper planning just because that said friend is going to an higher institution.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by bleskid: 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
brunofarad:
Why kill yourself because of poor grade ?

This is so cowardly

Who ever told her that she can't make it in life without even attending school ?

As a personal experience
What puts food on my table today is not those things they thought us in OAU

IT IS WHAT I WAS ABLE TO DEVELOP ON MY OWN
God bless you ... I like that comment
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by apharm(m): 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
ifenes:
I will take poor grades over good grades any day. The A students works for the B students. C students run the businesses and D students owns the building. Experience is often better than good grades. All these certificates are only insurance policies that makes you work for others. The higher the grades the worse.

If the Uni professor knows the keys to become a billionaire,he won't bother be in that profession in the firsts place.
Gbam. iji ya
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by apharm(m): 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
Leez:
well if awolowo their leader can take rat poison then they must follow suit grin
grin
Leez:
well if awolowo their leader can take rat poison then they must follow suit grin

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by 2bam: 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:

. Show me your proof?

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by 2bam: 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
You create no life and you just took one and you want to make heaven,
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by donblade85555(m): 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
Mediapace:

You that read and you don't have something tangible to do with your life

Still dwelling on that God forsaken blog on your signature
with your statement, I can see that you support wat she did
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
Benita27:
@16, she's still a child and has nothing to do with tertiary institution in advanced Nations. Why won't she commit suicide when a child is given what she's not mentally prepared for?.

20 million likes
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2017
brunofarad:
Why kill yourself because of poor grade ?

This is so cowardly

Who ever told her that she can't make it in life without even attending school ?

As a personal experience
What puts food on my table today is not those things they thought us in OAU

IT IS WHAT I WAS ABLE TO DEVELOP ON MY OWN

So what did they 'thought' you in OAU that didn't work? grin
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by mbahdi(m): 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2017
She has finally seen God.but in d wrong way
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Danelo(m): 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
Culin:
Depression is a very bad thing
mehn this girl is beautiful

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Kirgyakos(m): 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
KardinalZik:
WHO RESULT EPP?

Shey we wey graduate well, wetin degree don give boys. If school does not favour you, try another productive thing with your life.

To others intending to ply her route, hear this:

LEARN A SKILL and be self-employed. Grades DON'T matter in the school of success. hundreds [or even, thousands] nairalanders can attest to this.

STOP OVERRATING ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE!

Killed herself for just one course in your first year. What of those that up to three course in their final year?

You thought University education is a bed of roses? You thought University education is the way you see it in movies? RETHINK!

Guy u b man wey d reason.
Ur head d dia!
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by j1mmy: 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2017
Nigerian education is almost not education
most Nigerians who graduate with 1st class will not outshine a 19 year old Chinese worker.
What do Nigerian graduates invent and how many have jobs with their education?

A good training in say electrician, plumber, farmer, is way better than a Nigerian degree!

3 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by winnerz: 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2017
I am saddened about this tragedy.

Way forward.
1. Don't send emotionally immature kids to the university, if you have to, let them go from home or attach them to a guardian.

2 Our university system has failed. That is why students live off campus, a year one Pupil ' for that matter. Authorities should do d needful and build more hostel.
Again most students were helped to pass Jamb and Waec, hence when they gain admission it becomes difficult to cope.

3. Parents. Be strict but don't be dreaded by your children. Teach them the right thing but don't make them fear � you. Dear parents, let us stop destroying our kids by aiding their results through malpractices. Why not enrol them for remedial studies instead of passing utme and weac at all costs?

4. Society. Let us stop putting pressure on people because they didn't turn up as we expected. Every body is got a different talent and school or good grades is not a guarantee of success. Examples are Bill Gate, Mark of facebook and even our own Dangote. Let me add that some of our governors are carpenters. D. Some people even claimed our own only bubu has only a 'nepa bill '
not a fan of mediocrity, but what lies in us is much more than a degree certificate.

5. Friends and colleagues. If you noticed a friend or colleague who behaves strangly, move closer and a little word could save a soul. A word of encouragement could heal that bleeding heart ♥.

I could recall a guy in our first year in school. He was admitted to study Chemical Engineering. The guy seems very studious, but at the end he was on d brink of being withdrawn with a cgpa of less than 1. He confided in me and I advised him to write another JAMB and I gave him my Chemistry textbook (Aba bio) I don't know where he is now.

Finally, little angel, find rest with the lord.
May God give your parents and family and friends plus the OAU family d fortitude to bear your demise.

My fingers ache. I rest my case. Adieu dearie!

6 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Jointhemiltons2(m): 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2017
DanseMacabre:
shocked

Rat poison and battery extract? She wan kill her soul and spirit join

Seriously though, who kills themselves over poor grades. First year grades that can be corrected.
N pple fail to realize dah school isn't for everybody. She may even hv a brighter future sef.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Jointhemiltons2(m): 12:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
j1mmy:
Nigerian education is almost not education
most Nigerians who graduate with 1st class will not outshine a 19 year old Chinese worker.
What do Nigerian graduates invent and how many have jobs with their education?

A good training in say electrician, plumber, farmer, is way better than a Nigerian degree!
There's nufn educational about our schools. Dey just practice garbage in and garbage out. Same old same old,nufn new.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Stole 10k From His Girlfriend To Bet With It And Won 100m, He Gave Her 10k / Dead Babies Found In Refuse Dump In Calabar (Disturbing Photos) / Female Police Officer Among Seven Killed In Edo Bank Robbery Attacks (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.