Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades (65330 Views)

OAU Student Pours Sniper Into Her Bunkmates Mouth During An Argument (Photos) / Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses / Could This Be The Reason Why The 16-year-old OAU Student Died? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nukilia: 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2017
ifenes:
I will take poor grades over good grades any day. The A students works for the B students. C students run the businesses and D students owns the building. Experience is often better than good grades. All these certificates are only insurance policies that makes you work for others. The higher the grades the worse.

If the Uni professor knows the keys to become a billionaire,he won't bother be in that profession in the firsts place.

Smart!
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by lebienconnu: 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2017
Kobicove:
Committing suicide is not really a black man's thing...I wonder why the trend is suddenly catching on here in Nigeria undecided

Social media
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Thewesterner(m): 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:
Afonjas should stop being economical with the truth.

She was murdered for ritual purpose.
Above all... This is what you could come up with... SMH... This our generation has lost it... RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by adelowor(f): 1:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
I know it must be chm101. White house eh can do someone bad thing. It is just God's grace that can make one escape. RIP
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by AirstarKane(f): 1:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
Offpoint:
RIP.....
Abeg make dem let this generation children grow enough to handle emotions before dem enrol dem 4 uni...
I remember how many years i spend for primary.... before my stupiid right hand decide to reach my left ear
God bless you for this comment sincerely God bless you. few days ago,my cousin that failed Oau post ume,you need to see how his parents were just panicing and asking me to do something cos its ma alma mater. I just told them to calm down. What i noticed is d lad is under pressure ask me d age,he's just 15. I told them where are you rushing this boy too. Hope say una know say no job o. It crazy the rate parents want to chase their children to the university. That place is no child's place so many under age in the university. Recently,a mother said she will get a lesson teacher for her 3 year old i was livid. Media has a lot do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by mike1994reds: 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
Things like this are inevitable when immature minds find their way to the citadel of learning at such tender age

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
GistLivePro:
Mercy Olamide Afolaranmi, a student of Microbiology at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, has committed suicide.
According to the school’s Chief Security Officer, Babatunde Oyatokun, Miss Afolaranmi, poisoned herself. Students and a neighbour close to the deceased also said she killed herself due to poor grade.

“We got a call that one of our students took poison,” Mr. Oyatokun said. “We got to hospital to realise that she mixed rat poison. She gave us the contact of her parents but before they arrived, she already gave up due to the effect of the poison she took.”

A neighbour, Bimpe Oni, in an interview with PREMIUM TIMES, said Miss Afolaranmi, who lived off-campus at Sabo area of Ile-Ife, died on Thursday, after she took “rat poison mixed with battery extract.”

Mrs. Oni said the late student committed suicide because of “emotional pressure.” A student, Aisha, who was Miss Afolaranmi’s colleague in the Faculty of Science, said the deceased had ‘E’ in CHM101 (Chemistry for first year students), a reportedly dreaded course for year one students in the science and technology related faculties.

“Mercy often isolated herself in class and looked depressed,” said Aisha. “She told me she had ‘E’ in CHM101 and has been going around unhappy before this incident.” Another student in the *Faculty of Student*, Opeyemi, said “she took poison because of result.”

The school’s Dean of Students’ Affairs, Isiaka Aransi, also confirmed the news. “Although the reason and cause of her death is yet to be known, the division is aware of the death of Mercy,” she said.

Before her death, on October 10, she posted on Facebook that: “Above all other things, I just wanna see God, see what He looks like, speak with Him face to face. I don’t wanna miss heaven. LORD HELP ME.”

Link:- https://www.gistlivepro.com/viral-post/16-year-old-100-level-student-oau-commits-suicide-poor-grades/

what is faculty of student again.. I don't get it.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by tealaw(m): 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
All of una dey craze. Before una dey criticize, una check her age? Still a little girl. Still very vulnerable to emotional pressure

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by adelowor(f): 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
I don't encourage part 1 freshers to be living outside the school. Their heart might not be mature enough to keep things. If she is staying in the hostel now, at least the roomies wud have console her.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Leez(m): 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
Pat081:
u re mad n son of nobody, if ur so call Kanu who Brainwashed all of u can run away without looking back since all dis month ,u will b talking nonsense,Awolowo hv everything dat ur family can not hv in d next 1ooyrs to come in life dat fool just dead 4 ntin n why can she go 4 another course
angry angry
i be rat poison?
smh
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nuelcoco(m): 1:17pm On Oct 29, 2017
Me that am in my 300l and I don't know where my result they sef! !!!!
Ah no fit come and kill myself and die OH...
I'd rather use all of una for this 9ja do ritual !!!

3 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Mediapace: 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
donblade85555:
with your statement, I can see that you support wat she did

Supporting her?

You chop kraze ?

Are you to dull to understand that not everyone that read passed

Is it only reading that makes one pass?

Am not in support of comitting suicide though,she should have moved ON
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Halo22: 1:23pm On Oct 29, 2017
How can OAU admit a 16 year old juvenile? I was about 20 when i got admission yet it was not easy for me until after a while. Blame the school for admitting an under age student.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Ahamefuna0001(m): 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2017
When I saw rat poison then I remembered Awolowo.
RIP to the dead, maybe she was scared of her strict parents knowing about it.
BTW she's way too young for tertiary institution.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ambitionsway:

My calculus lecturer go teach you confuse, you no go come even like to attend he class...
lol.. guy I schooled in the North. you know how Hausa people the do their things
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by ringi82(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
I had 6 carryovers in my first year in school, primarily due to financial constraints. I no kill myself. Had 2 more carry overs in 2nd year but I eventually graduated with a second class. Thanks to my good grades in year 3,4 & 5. The worst thoughts that came to my mind then was to pull out and rewrite jamb.. But I never did. Suicide is never an option.
In better climes there are ways to manage depression.

4 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by devour129: 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
What’s the rush for ? 16yrs old is too young to be in university in my opinion .

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Ishilove: 1:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
I wish we had more counseling centers in this country. What a waste
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by undefeateds: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
I can't blame dis girl,but OAU pls find something to do to this thing,because I almost fainted when i saw d grade,this girl even have 'E' but me I have 'F'.pls adjust this thing, it is 4 unit course
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by loluadebayo: 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
if it's really suicide. then she just missed that heaven she wanted to see
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by fyneguy: 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2017
Wrong orientation.

And if you are one of those who believe academic failure = failure in life, please change that philosophy.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Mbediogu(m): 1:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
GistLivePro:
Mercy Olamide Afolaranmi, a student of Microbiology at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, has committed suicide.
According to the school’s Chief Security Officer, Babatunde Oyatokun, Miss Afolaranmi, poisoned herself. Students and a neighbour close to the deceased also said she killed herself due to poor grade.

“We got a call that one of our students took poison,” Mr. Oyatokun said. “We got to hospital to realise that she mixed rat poison. She gave us the contact of her parents but before they arrived, she already gave up due to the effect of the poison she took.”

A neighbour, Bimpe Oni, in an interview with PREMIUM TIMES, said Miss Afolaranmi, who lived off-campus at Sabo area of Ile-Ife, died on Thursday, after she took “rat poison mixed with battery extract.”

Mrs. Oni said the late student committed suicide because of “emotional pressure.” A student, Aisha, who was Miss Afolaranmi’s colleague in the Faculty of Science, said the deceased had ‘E’ in CHM101 (Chemistry for first year students), a reportedly dreaded course for year one students in the science and technology related faculties.

“Mercy often isolated herself in class and looked depressed,” said Aisha. “She told me she had ‘E’ in CHM101 and has been going around unhappy before this incident.” Another student in the Faculty of Student, Opeyemi, said “she took poison because of result.”

The school’s Dean of Students’ Affairs, Isiaka Aransi, also confirmed the news. “Although the reason and cause of her death is yet to be known, the division is aware of the death of Mercy,” she said.

Before her death, on October 10, she posted on Facebook that: “Above all other things, I just wanna see God, see what He looks like, speak with Him face to face. I don’t wanna miss heaven. LORD HELP ME.”

Link:- https://www.gistlivepro.com/viral-post/16-year-old-100-level-student-oau-commits-suicide-poor-grades/

Now she can get seven virgin men all to herself.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Luminee(f): 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2017
macmiral:
Oh man! That's an awful thing to do...

Rip to the dead... 1000 ways to die,

Poor grades masssacre

#Death: Poor Grades to Grave

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by tosyne2much(m): 2:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:
I remember seeing my 1st semester 100l result, after all the talk of first class I was seeing EDEDE on the board , man I was devastated... I trekked round the entire campus that night absence minded but man just had to put it behind him and move on... RIP young lady though death wasn't the way to go
This is very funny cheesy
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by IgedeBushBoy(m): 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
CHM101 be threatening folks from the onset angry
I also passed it with an 'E'. Was even happy as there was CO everywhere. We just need to be positive and live our lives. All these things are temporal.
Can also remember trying to console somebody back then in school, whose problems I later found out was not even up to half of mine. We just need to train our children on mental strength as the issues of life are enormous.

RIP to her embarassed
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
This is part of d reasons my children will mark atleast 18 b4 entering d uni,honestly its nt good for under age to b in d uni..they are so vulnerable!,dey are easy to b manipulated,dey fear and panick on things like this...rip
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by bayulll011(m): 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
DanseMacabre:
shocked

Rat poison and battery extract? She wan kill her soul and spirit join

Seriously though, who kills themselves over poor grades. First year grades that can be corrected.

Poor decisions by her.

I remember Chm 101 during my days it's a 4unit course.

Even if u got 4 in it u will be depressed cos it's a foundations for your CGPA.

So sad she has to take her life.

Loads of depressions when results re released in Nigeria Universities,the school management don't even care all they plan is Strike on Salary,what a nation
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by jaxxy(m): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
Poor grades is not thecend of the world she shud hv been encouraged by her parents and those closest to her. Wat a tragedy
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
Now she has missed heaven
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by 9jatatafo(m): 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
Admitting kids into Nigerian public schools is not too good. Those dreaded lecturers can scare life out of a Lion.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by olalekanamos18(m): 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
That's so painful and shocking! May the lord Jesus comfort her parents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dead Babies Found In Refuse Dump In Calabar (Disturbing Photos) / Nigerian Woman Finds Drugs Inside Crayfish She Was Asked To Deliver Abroad / Wife Cuts Off Husband’s Penis, Throws It Out Of Window For Cheating In Thailand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.