Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades (65318 Views)

OAU Student Pours Sniper Into Her Bunkmates Mouth During An Argument (Photos) / Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses / Could This Be The Reason Why The 16-year-old OAU Student Died? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Oluwapresley(m): 10:46am On Oct 29, 2017
During my set, a female student in my faculty drank Hypo bleach then for a bad result. Nope, she dint died.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by devindevin2000: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2017
V
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2017
Ode girl. Serves d parents right. Ur pikin no sabi book but u must force her to be in science
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by chronique(m): 10:47am On Oct 29, 2017
Thank God she killed only herself. Such a mentally unstable person can also poison and kill a lover. The world is free of one more idiot.

4 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2017
That poor grade was just a tiny, microscopic fraction of you, baby girl. You didn't have to end your life over something so minute.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by chibuike65: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2017
SORRY you want to blame buhari again
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 29, 2017
Benita27:
grin
Seriously? grin
You excited?. Benita of all people? grin grin grin
One of the most sensible romancelanders.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Partnerbiz3: 10:48am On Oct 29, 2017
KardinalZik:
WHO RESULT EPP?

Shey we wey graduate well, wetin degree don give boys. If school does not favour you, try another productive thing with your life.

To others intending to ply her route, hear this:

LEARN A SKILL and be self-employed. Grades DON'T matter in the school of success. hundreds [or even, thousands] nairalanders can attest to this.

STOP OVERRATING ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE!

Killed herself for just one course in your first year. What of those that up to three course in their final year?

You thought University education is a bed of roses? You thought University education is the way you see it in movies? RETHINK!
Stop misleading people.
Grades matter a lot.
I cringe when I hear this platitude over and over again especially from people who couldn't make good grades themselves.

Anybody that has the opportunity of making good grades should please do.

I know you might start citing dropouts and those that never went to school yet made it and I daresay that those were the awful smart and superlative students that led their classess. Eg Zuckerberg, Paul Allen and Gates.

And for every dropout that made it, there are billions that didn't make it.

6 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by MISTAICEY02288(m): 10:48am On Oct 29, 2017
Thats really tragic. If truly she died due to poor grade in a single course, she should have just buckled up and get serious with her studies to get better grades in future in other courses. Afterall, she was still in her first year and had a long way to go till she finish her program. Suicide isn't an option.

May God comfort her family and loved ones left behind. Its really a terrifying moment losing a loved one..
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Offpoint: 10:49am On Oct 29, 2017
ifenes:
I will take poor grades over good grades any day. The A students works for the B students. C students run the businesses and D students owns the building. Experience is often better than good grades. All these certificates are only insurance policies that makes you work for others. The higher the grades the worse.
It's not their fault, but our society....
grades has nothing to do with one potentials

4 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 29, 2017
ifenes:
I will take poor grades over good grades any day. The A students works for the B students. C students run the businesses and D students owns the building. Experience is often better than good grades. All these certificates are only insurance policies that makes you work for others. The higher the grades the worse.
I salute you
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by sisisioge: 10:49am On Oct 29, 2017
All these small children with small small thought lines. It is well o. Make God pacify her loved ones.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 29, 2017
Ok

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 29, 2017
thornapple:

Seriously? grin
You excited?. Benita of all people? grin grin grin
One of the most sensible romancelanders.
Lol, I guess I used the wrong Emoji. Was booking space. Happy Sunday.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Offpoint: 10:50am On Oct 29, 2017
pyyxxaro:

Fufu tongue
Every monitoring spirit monitoring my life on NL.................Holy ghost fireeeee gringrin
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 29, 2017
me wey get F for calculus wetin I go do.?
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Ambitionsway: 10:51am On Oct 29, 2017
Because of grade if this story is true then she did something awful,
not everybody tried during their first semester in 100level she would have put effort in the next semester, most person get carried away in 100level first semester because of joy of entry into high institution. God help us all
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by kense88: 10:51am On Oct 29, 2017
Does good grades pay bills ?. The ones i had, has nothing to do with my income

3 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 29, 2017
Cheme101 dreaded?
One of the easiest first year courses where most people hit 'A's
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by jackdalport: 10:52am On Oct 29, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:
Afonjas should stop being economical with the truth.

She was murdered for ritual purpose.
must you bring tribalism to all things !

4 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Phi001(m): 10:52am On Oct 29, 2017
yeyerolling:
Ode girl. Serves d parents right. Ur pikin no sabi book but u must force her to be in science
Did anybody tell you she was studying Chemistry?
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Phi001(m): 10:52am On Oct 29, 2017
Personally, I have zero sympathy for her.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Ericjohnsonjnr(m): 10:53am On Oct 29, 2017
[quote author=BUHARIjubrin post=61870377]Afonjas should stop being economical with the truth.

She was murdered for ritual purpose. [/quote

God safe you ...today is Sunday ..you will regret why you said that ..you this useless ipob thing..where is your savior.. your mouthy like person wey dey chop shit..idiot red black green thing ...

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 29, 2017
aldexrio:

Stop booking space

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Ambitionsway: 10:53am On Oct 29, 2017
banjo022:
me wey get F for calculus wetin I go do.?

My calculus lecturer go teach you confuse, you no go come even like to attend he class...
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Proffdada: 10:53am On Oct 29, 2017
Leez:

well if awolowo their leader can take rat poison then they must follow suit
grin
a monkey is trying to communicate

4 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by pyyxxaro: 10:54am On Oct 29, 2017
Offpoint:

Every monitoring spirit monitoring my life on NL.................Holy ghost fireeeee gringrin

embarassed
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Danniyounge(m): 10:55am On Oct 29, 2017
kind of sad,
depression is a very bad disease,the same thing that chester Bennington committed suicide of.

suicide is never an option,
RIP to d deadkind of sad,
depression is a very bad disease,the same thing that chester Bennington committed suicide of.

RIP to d dead
kind of sad,

RIP to d dead

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by linked: 10:55am On Oct 29, 2017
Activated charcoal could have saved her life. But of course this is Nigeria where nothing work.

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 29, 2017
Benita27:
Lol, I guess I used the wrong Emoji. Was booking space. Happy Sunday.

Hahahahahaha, that was one of the things i also wondered. How you manage to be among the first to comment a lot of times. When i fell like i book space with a dot, like this .
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by orlawlarjulaw(m): 10:55am On Oct 29, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
GistLivePro:
Mercy Olamide Afolaranmi, a student of Microbiology at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, has committed suicide.
According to the school’s Chief Security Officer, Babatunde Oyatokun, Miss Afolaranmi, poisoned herself. Students and a neighbour close to the deceased also said she killed herself due to poor grade.

“We got a call that one of our students took poison,” Mr. Oyatokun said. “We got to hospital to realise that she mixed rat poison. She gave us the contact of her parents but before they arrived, she already gave up due to the effect of the poison she took.”

A neighbour, Bimpe Oni, in an interview with PREMIUM TIMES, said Miss Afolaranmi, who lived off-campus at Sabo area of Ile-Ife, died on Thursday, after she took “rat poison mixed with battery extract.”

Mrs. Oni said the late student committed suicide because of “emotional pressure.” A student, Aisha, who was Miss Afolaranmi’s colleague in the Faculty of Science, said the deceased had ‘E’ in CHM101 (Chemistry for first year students), a reportedly dreaded course for year one students in the science and technology related faculties.

“Mercy often isolated herself in class and looked depressed,” said Aisha. “She told me she had ‘E’ in CHM101 and has been going around unhappy before this incident.” Another student in the Faculty of Student, Opeyemi, said “she took poison because of result.”

The school’s Dean of Students’ Affairs, Isiaka Aransi, also confirmed the news. “Although the reason and cause of her death is yet to be known, the division is aware of the death of Mercy,” she said.

Before her death, on October 10, she posted on Facebook that: “Above all other things, I just wanna see God, see what He looks like, speak with Him face to face. I don’t wanna miss heaven. LORD HELP ME.”

Link:- https://www.gistlivepro.com/viral-post/16-year-old-100-level-student-oau-commits-suicide-poor-grades/

cry
GistLivePro:
Mercy Olamide Afolaranmi, a student of Microbiology at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, has committed suicide.
According to the school’s Chief Security Officer, Babatunde Oyatokun, Miss Afolaranmi, poisoned herself. Students and a neighbour close to the deceased also said she killed herself due to poor grade.

“We got a call that one of our students took poison,” Mr. Oyatokun said. “We got to hospital to realise that she mixed rat poison. She gave us the contact of her parents but before they arrived, she already gave up due to the effect of the poison she took.”

A neighbour, Bimpe Oni, in an interview with PREMIUM TIMES, said Miss Afolaranmi, who lived off-campus at Sabo area of Ile-Ife, died on Thursday, after she took “rat poison mixed with battery extract.”

Mrs. Oni said the late student committed suicide because of “emotional pressure.” A student, Aisha, who was Miss Afolaranmi’s colleague in the Faculty of Science, said the deceased had ‘E’ in CHM101 (Chemistry for first year students), a reportedly dreaded course for year one students in the science and technology related faculties.

“Mercy often isolated herself in class and looked depressed,” said Aisha. “She told me she had ‘E’ in CHM101 and has been going around unhappy before this incident.” Another student in the Faculty of Student, Opeyemi, said “she took poison because of result.”

The school’s Dean of Students’ Affairs, Isiaka Aransi, also confirmed the news. “Although the reason and cause of her death is yet to be known, the division is aware of the death of Mercy,” she said.

Before her death, on October 10, she posted on Facebook that: “Above all other things, I just wanna see God, see what He looks like, speak with Him face to face. I don’t wanna miss heaven. LORD HELP ME.”

Link:- https://www.gistlivepro.com/viral-post/16-year-old-100-level-student-oau-commits-suicide-poor-grades/

may the lord forgive u
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by bullabong(m): 10:56am On Oct 29, 2017
KardinalZik:
WHO RESULT EPP?

Shey we wey graduate well, wetin degree don give boys. If school does not favour you, try another productive thing with your life.

To others intending to ply her route, hear this:

LEARN A SKILL and be self-employed. Grades DON'T matter in the school of success. hundreds [or even, thousands] nairalanders can attest to this.

STOP OVERRATING ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE!

Killed herself for just one course in your first year. What of those that up to three course in their final year?

You thought University education is a bed of roses? You thought University education is the way you see it in movies? RETHINK!
Bros the tin weak me. 16 wey men still dey wear uniform,rubbish ! Make she go see God Na

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Female Police Officer Among Seven Killed In Edo Bank Robbery Attacks (Photos) / Dead Babies Found In Refuse Dump In Calabar (Disturbing Photos) / Wife Cuts Off Husband’s Penis, Throws It Out Of Window For Cheating In Thailand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.