Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? (44975 Views)

Exposing Why Oyinbos Probably Cannot Find God, Nor Be Saved. / Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" / I Need To Find God And Get Answers To My Prayers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by otr1(m): 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
If God was to destroy Satan the moment he sinned, what would go through the minds of all the other angels? Fear would enter into their hearts right? And then they would end up serving God out of fear rather than love, which would destroy the very reason that God created heavenly beings and humans in the first place. And not only that, the universe could also be in a permanent cycle of sin and destruction. Someone sins, God destroys them, someone else sins and God destroys them. Then there wouldn't be an understanding of what sin is and why God is destroying those who sin. And the universe would never be a place of harmony and peace again. Also, Satan sucessfully caused a third of all God's angels to rebel and join him. Which means Satan was able to cast doubts in the minds of the angels. So if God just destroyed Satan and the angels who followed him, then the angels who didn't join with Satan could forever be left with doubts in their minds. And even if God just destroyed all of His creation and started again, there would be no guarantee that it wouldn't happen again. So God Had to have a plan to rid the universe of sin FOREVER.
First, God HAD to let Satan's rebellion take it's full course, so that the universe could see the wicked nature of Satan's plans. Until fully developed, Satan's rebellion would not appear the evil thing that it was. Second, God HAS to let sin and destruction (suffering) continue in this world in order for the RESULT of sin to be seen by all. And by seeing the result and utter suffering because of sin, it will stop sin and rebellion from rising up a second time.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Bro, do you know the funny thing, if we view all these things we are saying on a Higher level, it all comes down to viewing the same concept from totally different perspectives...there's a creator (whether na God or Energy), there's a starting point to everything (whether na God or Energy we call am), at the basic level, na the same story we dey talk.

Mallam na Mallam, whether you spell am from front or back...na still Mallam grin

Cheers...

Hmm, you're still missing the most important ingredient. There is no creator. Energy didn't create. And my point of view is not that there is a creator whatsoever it is.

Here is my point of view. Reality is a function of energy. For the sake of understanding let me call it a creator maybe you'll get it straight this time

there's a creator (whether na God or Energy)

There's a creator, for understanding sake, but it can only be energy and not God. Why?
Because God is a being with emotions, energy is not. Energy is not self-aware.

there's a starting point to everything (whether na God or Energy we call am)
For understanding sake again, yes but it is energy and not God.
We are not saying the same thing. God is not in the same descriptive with Energy.

Mallam na Mallam, whether you spell am from front or back...na still Mallam

This analogy would have been valid if you had said God s God, whether you spell am from front or back..... na still God as regards this discussion.
But unfortunately, you're saying God is Energy, whether you spell am from front or back.

God and Energy aren't the same I repeat. God is Jealous, Energy is not. God has angels, Energy doesn't. God has created hellfire, Energy hasn't. God has a son, Energy doesn't. God has an enemy, Energy doesn't. God will judge humans, Energy won't. So many more differences as perceived by the descriptions. Stop calling them the same. Again, God doesn't even exist and Energy does.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Hmm, you're still missing the most important ingredient. There is no creator. Energy didn't create. And my point of view is not that there is a creator whatsoever it is.

Here is my point of view. Reality is a function of energy. For the sake of understanding let me call it a creator maybe you'll get it straight this time

There's a creator, for understanding sake, but it can only be energy and not God. Why?

We are not saying the same thing. God is not in the same descriptive with God.

This analogy would have been valid if you had said God s God, whether you spell am from front or back..... na still God as regards this discussion.
But unfortunately, you're saying God is Energy, whether you spell am from front or back.

God and Energy aren't the same I repeat. God is Jealous, Energy is not. God has angels, Energy doesn't. God has created hellfire, Energy hasn't. God has a son, Energy doesn't. God has an enemy, Energy doesn't. God will judge humans, Energy won't. So many more differences as perceived by the descriptions. Stop calling them the same. Again, God doesn't even exist and Energy does.

It is fine, I am not attacking your views o, but your views still fits into a bigger picture I'm on a journey to figuring out.

Would you like to join me on this Journey or stay comfortable at your bus stop of Science? grin
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

We are not saying the same thing. God is not in the same descriptive with God.

And I'm telling you that reference to written documents that contains a mixture of TRUTH and lies is a waste of time. I've moved on from that bus stop to understanding the TRUTH in its raw form...
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
otr1:
If God was to destroy Satan the moment he sinned, what would go through the minds of all the other angels? Fear would enter into their hearts right? And then they would end up serving God out of fear rather than love, which would destroy the very reason that God created heavenly beings and humans in the first place. And not only that, the universe could also be in a permanent cycle of sin and destruction. Someone sins, God destroys them, someone else sins and God destroys them. Then there wouldn't be an understanding of what sin is and why God is destroying those who sin. And the universe would never be a place of harmony and peace again. Also, Satan sucessfully caused a third of all God's angels to rebel and join him. Which means Satan was able to cast doubts in the minds of the angels. So if God just destroyed Satan and the angels who followed him, then the angels who didn't join with Satan could forever be left with doubts in their minds. And even if God just destroyed all of His creation and started again, there would be no guarantee that it wouldn't happen again. So God Had to have a plan to rid the universe of sin FOREVER.
First, God HAD to let Satan's rebellion take it's full course, so that the universe could see the wicked nature of Satan's plans. Until fully developed, Satan's rebellion would not appear the evil thing that it was. Second, God HAS to let sin and destruction (suffering) continue in this world in order for the RESULT of sin to be seen by all. And by seeing the result and utter suffering because of sin, it will stop sin and rebellion from rising up a second time.

Thank you, you just described a God who is a Tyrant, a gambler, a God who can't see tomorrow, a God who will allow evil to happen for whatever reason, a God who wasn't sure of his hand works.
In light of this, I ask. If God wanted all these to happen, say for instance this in bold God HAD to let Satan's rebellion take it's full course, so that the universe could see the wicked nature of Satan's plans. Until fully developed, Satan's rebellion would not appear the evil thing that it was. Why then did he send Jesus? Or was the rebellion's full course had come to pass then? has the universe seen the wicked nature of Satan then? God created heavenly creatures to love him, why did Satan not love him? Would you say there was a flaw? Which means God was prone to mistakes. You have made it more difficult than it seemed.

Thanks for your contribution
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

It is fine, I am not attacking your views o, but your views still fits into a bigger picture I'm on a journey to figuring out.

Would you like to join me on this Journey or stay comfortable at your bus stop of Science? grin

Science no get bus stop chairman, it's a moving train.

I am glad you are on a journey, soon you will discover all I've been saying. But I wish you had science at your beck and call. But it seems you are not oriented in that field. Right? I want you to look at the possibility and impossibility from the same distance, use logic and intuition throughout. I am sure you will see the real thing. As for me, I am already on my own Journey which started long ago, but I would like to know the outcome of yours.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Science no get bus stop chairman, it's a moving train.

I am glad you are on a journey, soon you will discover all I've been saying. But I wish you had science at your beck and call. But it seems you are not oriented in that field. Right? I want you to look at the possibility and impossibility from the same distance, use logic and intuition throughout. I am sure you will see the real thing. As for me, I am already on my own Journey which started long ago, but I would like to know the outv=come of yours.

Bro, I totally respect Science, it fits perfectly into demystifying a bigger picture.

That is why I do not believe in disturbing my Eternal Creator over answered prayers.

I get your point of views totally well. Science and Religion tries to explain one BIG PICTURE from totally dis-jointed perspectives. One is just a bigger brother to the other.

At a point in this journey, you become an advanced Sapien capable of transforming Humanity on a positive scale (hopefully)

Cheers, I wish you safe journey...
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Bro, I totally respect Science, it fits perfectly into demystifying a bigger picture.

That is why I do not believe in disturbing my Eternal Creator over answered prayers.

I get your point of views totally well. Science and Religion tries to explain one BIG PICTURE from totally dis-jointed perspectives. One is just a bigger brother to the other.

Cheers, I wish you safe journey...

If you have moved on from the bolded, tell me a little of the God you believe then.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

If you have moved on from the bolded, tell me a little of the God you believe then.

I wish we can discuss this matter face to face over some drinks or something... I swear, this discussion goes beyond words lest I'm misintepreted.

This "God" you want me to explain is like using words to capture the wind in a container. I know you're curious...I only use the word "God" because that is what the mind of man ... particularly religious people see Him/It as and can easily relate with...

Words cannot do justice in describing it...but you'll be able to relate with me on this subject matter from the view point of ENERGY, because that is the perspective you see it from... You need wisdom that goes beyond intuition and logic to seek HIM out.

Guess what?! Since I discovered this Supreme Being or God or Energy...my limited mind exploded and I could read books that would take months within days...and the progress is remarkable. Science can at best explain it but replicating this experience is impossible

Your question honestly is very difficult to answer with words...
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

I wish we can discuss this matter face to face over some drinks or something... I swear, this discussion goes beyond words lest I'm misintepreted.

This "God" you want me to explain is like using words to capture the wind in a container. I know you're curious...I only use the word "God" because that is what the mind of man ... particularly religious people see Him/It as and can easily relate with...

Words cannot do justice in describing it...but you'll be able to relate with me on this subject matter from the view point of ENERGY, because that is the perspective you see it from...

Your question honestly is very difficult to answer with words...

Give it a try. Once you step out of the energy perspective I'll let you know. What do you call it for real if "God" was just a faux?

We could have discussed it over a drink but our locations differ I guess.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by ConcernedRusian: 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
because Allah is a merciful lord that. Why he accepted the plea of satan
And it's also a way of testing the iman(faith) of makind

So in Allah's book, men having sex with men, women who refuse the Islamic social codas and non-Muslims get eternal punishment and damnation for all eternity, but the source of all evil is let off the hook and spared?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBrU9laptGI
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Give it a try. Once you step aside from the energy perspective I'll let you know. What do you call it for real if "God" was just a faux?

We could have discussed it over a drink but our locations differ I guess.

Instead of calling Him/it God, I rather see Him as the

1.) Uncreated One,
2.) The starting point behind the creation of everything seen and unseen
3.) The Eternal One.

Study Science, Nature and Religion closely. You will see a pattern where one does not contradict the other. Under ideal circumstances, these three things amongst other things work together in Harmony...but it takes wisdom to pick out the common pattern. To the ordinary eye it seems they are contradicting each other...but they are not if you see the BIGGER PICTURE

Everything seen and unseen(I think Science calls unseen stuff dark matter) has its source from Him/It.

Everything from molecules to the Multiverse operates on the Pattern and Principles of Systems...and I see the Eternal One as the unseen hand behind all of these...
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by ConcernedRusian: 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

1.) Uncreated One,
3.) The Eternal One.

Study Science, Nature and Religion closely. You will see a pattern where one does not contradict the other. [/b]Under ideal circumstances, these three things amongst other things work together in Harmony...but it takes wisdom to pick out the common pattern. To the ordinary eye it seems they are contradicting each other...but they are not if you see the BIGGER PICTURE

[b]Everything seen and unseen(I think Science calls unseen stuff dark matter) has its source from Him/It.

Everything from molecules to the Multiverse operates on the Pattern and Principles of Systems...and I see the Eternal One as the unseen hand behind all of these...

This video is so appropriate for this forum.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 4:14pm On Oct 31, 2017
ConcernedRusian:

This video is so appropriate for this forum.

This guy...no kill me with laff abeg cheesy

It's tough explaining Ph.D Thesis to a Junior WAEC Aspirant...so I understand if it sounds ridiculous to you mehn...

By the way lemme know who had the last laugh in that Video...lemme guess it was Spiderman who was laughed at initially who laughed last.

Cheers
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

1.) Uncreated One,
3.) The Eternal One.

Study Science, Nature and Religion closely. You will see a pattern where one does not contradict the other. Under ideal circumstances, these three things amongst other things work together in Harmony...but it takes wisdom to pick out the common pattern. To the ordinary eye it seems they are contradicting each other...but they are not if you see the BIGGER PICTURE

Everything seen and unseen(I think Science calls unseen stuff dark matter) has its source from Him/It.

You are talking about Universal energy. The truth is science and religion are not the same paths, they actually contradict.
But these questions will reveal if you get it right or wrong.
1) Do you think this uncreated one wants to be worshipped?
2)Do you think this uncreated one contacted Man and told them who he is, or Man found him
3)Do you think this uncreated one knows everything? Things you have done and haven't done?

There are many more questions but just answer these first.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

You are talking about Universal energy. The truth is science and religion are not the same paths, they actually contradict.
But these questions will reveal if you get it right or wrong.
1) Do you think this uncreated one wants to be worshipped?
2)Do you think this uncreated one contacted Man and told them who he is, Man found him
3)Do you think this uncreated one knows everything? Things you have done and haven't done?

There are many more questions but just answer these first.

Question 1: The Eternal One is not another Idol to be worshipped... you have to be in sync (be one with Him/It) so you can become the TOTAL MAN. It's like tapping into a boundless reservoir of ENERGY to do more than what you will ordinarily do by your limited energy. You achieve this through meditation and asking of questions by mind and mouth...

Question 2: I can use my life as an experience and not some religious books. I seeked Him out and found Him

Question 3: The Uncreated One knows every possible outcome of everything subject to my choice and decisions and that of others considering the impact of time as well (FREEWILL & TIMING) ...It's like node programming or finding your way out through a maze...
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Question 1: The Eternal One is not another Idol to be worshipped... you have to be in sync (be one with Him/It) so you can become the TOTAL MAN. It's like tapping into a boundless reservoir of ENERGY to do more than what you will ordinarily do by your limited energy. You achieve this through meditation and asking of questions by mind and mouth...

Question 2: I can use my life as an experience and not some religious books. I seeked Him out and found Him

Question 3: The Uncreated One knows every possible outcome to everything subject to my choice and decisions and that of others considering the impact of time as well (FREEWILL & TIMING) ...It's like node programming or finding your way out through a maze...

1) I am not asking if he is an idol, I am asking if this eternal one requires some sort of allegiance from you. But I guess your answer pointed to the fact that it does. Which means this your eternal one is conscious of who he is, you don't need to ask energy questions because it doesn't even hear anything and it doesn't answer too. Your eternal one is unlike Energy though.

2)I can understand from the number 1.

3) If the uncreated one only knows the outcome and not the choice itself, meaning it cannot read your mind, but definitely know the outcome. It is like the God in a way and unlike Energy. Energy does not know anything we do, we only use it. Energy doesn't know if I will decide to eat rice for dinner and maybe I will purge if I do. God, on the other hand, is supposed to know but he doesn't. Your eternal one doesn't know either, he only knows if I will purge if I decide to eat rice.

So, this erases the facts that we are talking about the same thing.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 4:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

1) I am not asking if he is an idol, I am asking if this eternal one requires some sort of allegiance from you. But I guess your answer pointed to the fact that it does. Which means this your eternal one is conscious of who he is, you don't need to ask energy questions because it doesn't even hear anything and it doesn't answer too. Your eternal one is unlike Energy though.

2)I can understand from the number 1.

3) If the uncreated one only knows the outcome and not the choice itself, meaning it cannot read your mind, but definitely know the outcome. It is like the God in a way and unlike Energy. Energy does not know anything we do, we only use it. Energy doesn't know if I will decide to eat rice for dinner and maybe I will purge if I do. God, on the other hand, is supposed to know but he doesn't. Your eternal one doesn't know either, he only knows if I will purge if I decide to eat rice.

So, this erases the facts that we are talking about the same thing.

Okay bro, but we are not totally dissimilar in what we are saying as well.

Onto Question 1: I sought "God" and in return for a fruitful partnership, there are certain agreements that should be adhered to (note I didn't have to enter this agreement by force). Again the Christian Bible can give you a clue inasmuch as I don't want to reference the Bible...it is a book that contains incontrovertible principles (TRUTH)

What I've said on this thread alone even exceeds all the posts on the diary I'm suppose to update o.

Please let's end this here for now...I'm tired mehn, at least trying to see things from my point of view shows are making some sort of progress...
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Okay bro, but we are not totally dissimilar in what we are saying as well.

Onto Question 1: I sought "God" and in return for a fruitful partnership, there are certain agreements that should be . Again the Christian Bible can give you a clue inasmuch as I don't want to reference the Bible...it is a book that contains incontrovertible principles (TRUTH)

You have the same God as described in the bible, you just have your way of understanding him which is not much different from the Bible's God.

I was a deep Christian, a preacher before I saw all the lies. There's nothing the Bible can offer except more lies.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 4:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

You have the same God as described in the bible, you just have your way of understanding him which is not much different from the Bible's God.

I was a deep Christian, a preacher before I saw all the lies. There's nothing the Bible can offer except more lies.

That takes us back to the basics...

Do not depend on written TRUTH alone ("Holy" books that mix TRUTH with lies and errors), place more reliance on unwritten TRUTH (Obtained by meditation, intuition, common sense, wisdom and dependence on the Spirit of the Eternal One). Where there's a contradiction with written TRUTH...just know there is a lie or error somewhere... because under ideal circumstances, written and unwritten truth complements each other

Your point of view works for you...Just as mine works for me. My meat might be your poison...but there's no harm in trying all the same...

My thought process goes beyond the Bible...I do not believe in applying ancient solutions to modern problems...although certain solutions are still ETERNAL e.g. Power in the name of Jesus e.t.c.

I do not want to pour old wine in new wineskin...but that doesn't mean the old wine is totally useless or is it?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

That takes us back to the basics...

Do not depend on written TRUTH alone ("Holy" books that mix TRUTH with lies and errors), place more reliance on unwritten TRUTH (Obtained by meditation, intuition, common sense, wisdom and dependence on the Spirit of the Eternal One). Where there's a contradiction...just know there is a lie or error somewhere...

Your point of view works for you...Just as mine works for me. My meat might be your poison...but there's no harm in trying all the same...

My thought process goes beyond the Bible...I do not believe in applying ancient solutions to modern problems...although certain solutions are still ETERNAL e.g. Power in the name of Jesus e.t.c.

I do not want to pour old wine in new wineskin...but that doesn't mean the old wine is totally useless or is it?

Do not depend on written TRUTH alone ("Holy" books that mix TRUTH with lies and errors), place more reliance on unwritten TRUTH (Obtained by meditation, intuition, common sense, wisdom and dependence on the Spirit of the Eternal One). Where there's a contradiction...just know there is a lie or error somewhere...

Written truth mixes truth with lies and errors. Shouldn't you call it written half-truths instead? Your understanding and description of things really make me laugh hard though.
In this "written truth" of yours, it was stated that this book contains all you'll need to find God. Your statement has pointed to the fact that you believe the bible to an extent.

You're tending towards accepting atheism, you don't want to totally accept it now because you feel you might be doomed. Well, you are disbelieving religion or better yet Christianity, but you think you can hold on to God, your version of Eternal one without Christianity.

From here you will become an agnostic, and then finally find peace with atheism. I am exhausted too, I wish this was happening over nice drinks and pepperish ponmo. Well, we'll catch later. I also have a diary to write and a program to debug.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Written truth mixes truth with lies and errors. Shouldn't you call it written half-truths instead? Your understanding and description of things really make me laugh hard though.
In this "written truth" of yours, it was stated that this book contains all you'll need to find God. Your statement has pointed to the fact that you believe the bible to an extent.

You're tending towards accepting atheism, you don't want to totally accept it now because you feel you might be doomed. Well, you are disbelieving religion or better yet Christianity, but you think you can hold on to God, your version of Eternal one without Christianity.

From here you will become an agnostic, and then finally find peace with atheism. I am exhausted too, I wish this was happening over nice drinks and pepperish ponmo. Well, we'll catch later. I also have a diary to write and a program to debug.

I am working on a diary. The worst form of lie is a partial truth (99% truth, 1% lie) and this is where religion has deceived Humanity.

Thankfully...we are in an Age of Mental Liberation from this bondage. I don't care what I evolve into, as long as myself, my Creator and Humanity is better off for it.

I'm sure if you met Jesus one on one...you'll call him an atheist or agnostic because even the religious people of His time totally misunderstood him grin My conscience is clear...I bear no ill-will to anyone.

Cheers cool
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by budaatum: 5:21pm On Oct 31, 2017
otr1:
Except sin did not stop, and rebellions go on more than ever!
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Doomed ke...if the TRUTH will take me to Hell, then forget it...because even Hell will never make me believe in a Lie.

And the Holy Books says...the TRUTH shall set you free...so I got nothing to fear bro cool
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 6:00pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Doomed ke...if the TRUTH will take me to Hell, then forget it...because even Hell will never make me believe in a Lie.

And the Holy Books says...the TRUTH shall set you free...so I got nothing to fear bro cool

The same holy book where truth and lies were mixed? Wonderful.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

I am working on a diary. The worst form of lie is a partial truth (99% truth, 1% lie) and this is where religion has deceived Humanity.

Thankfully...we are in an Age of Mental Liberation from this bondage. I don't care what I evolve into, as long as myself, my Creator and Humanity is better off for it.

I'm sure if you met Jesus one on one...you'll call him an atheist or agnostic because even the religious people of His time totally misunderstood him grin My conscience is clear...I bear no ill-will to anyone.

Cheers cool

So you're attaining the status of Jesus now by becoming one with God by claiming to raise your sole power to him and become one with him, abi? Now it's becoming clearer what you are trying to paint. Are you the Jesus of our time?

I had to edit this when I remembered Jesus said you people should be like him, is that what you are doing? Creating another controversy? Lol, Bro you're a Christian, I just don't know why it's so hard for you to accept it. Okay let me assume it's because you don't believe Jesus was God, you believe Jesus was a man who threaded the path you're threading right now. I just realized you never disagreed God has a son because you subscribe to the whole Jesus story too. Wonderful.

No wonder you said some part of the Bible is filled with lies and errors while some are filled with the truth. You believe the teachings of Christ, what part of the bible is filled with lies? Can you say?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 6:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

So you're attaining the status of Jesus now by becoming one with God by claiming to raise your sole power to him and become one with him, abi? Now it's becoming clearer what you are trying to paint. Are you the Jesus of our time?

I had to edit this when I remembered Jesus said you people should be like him, is that what you are doing? Creating another controversy? Lol, Bro you're a Christian, I just don't know why it's so hard for you to accept it. Okay let me assume it's because you don't believe Jesus was God, you believe Jesus was a man who threaded the path you're threading right now. I just realized you never disagreed God has a son because you subscribe to the whole Jesus story too. Wonderful.

No wonder you said some part of the Bible is filled with lies and errors while some are filled with the truth. You believe the teachings of Christ, what part of the bible is filled with lies? Can you say?

One simple question...was the Bible written by Jesus?

Another thing I need you to observe...Jesus was an outcast in the eyes of the Pharisees (Now the religious people of our time).
Yet He had something that attracted people from all walks of life and belief to Him...from Tax Collectors to Samaritans to Prostitutes, Lepers, Roman Centurion e.t.c. So if you see me in that light...Good for you

Jesus was not a Christian neither am I

Cheers cool
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Go check out a part of the book of revelation that said stars will fall from heaven grin if the book was written in the literal sense then I leave you to conclude on the possibility of stars falling from heaven. Also recall that this book was written when technology wasn't what it is now.

That is just one out of the numerous instances of misrepresentation, lies and errors. But let's end it here...
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Go check out a part of the book of revelation that said stars will fall from heaven grin if the book was written in the literal sense then I leave you to conclude on the possibility of stars falling from heaven. Also recall that this book was written when technology wasn't what it is now.

That is just one out of the numerous instances of misrepresentation, lies and errors. But let's end it here...

So you agree that you are a Christian but you just don't believe some things in the Bible? Nice.
Since God can do anything, there's no big deal if the stars fall lol. grin
Are you a Jehova Witness?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by otr1(m): 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

Thank you, you just described a God who is a Tyrant, a gambler, a God who can't see tomorrow, a God who will allow evil to happen for whatever reason, a God who wasn't sure of his hand works.
Isn't it ironic calling God a Tyrant seeing what you wish He had done to satan for his rebellion? I bet you know what a typical Tyrant would do to rebels. For the rest of your points up there, yea, it's ok for you to blame God for the gift of free will choice...he never had issues with other animals/living creatures.
Why then did he send Jesus?
It was recorded in the Bible that God sent Jesus to destroy the work of satan(ie, sin). The true intent of satan, no doubt, had been made manifest even before the coming of Jesus.
God created heavenly creatures to love him, why did Satan not love him? Would you say there was a flaw?
Satan was created perfect (Ezekiel 28:13-15). He once loved God,but then, he has free will. Call that a flaw if you want
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

If all of us including Jesus comes from one source...is that Source not our "Father" and are we not His/Its son and daughters?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 6:52pm On Oct 31, 2017
Akin1212:

So you agree that you are a Christian but you just don't believe some things in the Bible? Nice.
Since God can do anything, there's no big deal if the stars fall lol. grin
Are you a Jehova Witness?

Now you are trying to categorize me into one of the prevailing belief systems on earth. Just call me a TRUTHSEEKER.

There is no religion under Heaven that has monopoly of the TRUTH...

For the records...I'm not a Christian but a TRUTHSEEKER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

I Keep Seeing My Dead Nephew In My Dreams! / Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / The EXPERIENCE 2019 (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.