Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User (27645 Views)

Pastor Meets Native Doctor In His Shrine For A Charm For Her Church (Pix, Video) / Deeper Life Lady Lists '20 Facts' About Godly Female Members Of Her Church / Folorunso Alakija Anoints her Church Members (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
leofab:
so people like you out religion Before humanity with you Stone Age mentality.. religion should be banned..
Am talking humanity prospect here,am talking about good model or emulate, as a worker in the church, people are looking unto U, someone was shock when he saw me as a leader in the church doing a menial job with him.
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2017
ollah1:

Nothing Wong in calling someone an unbeliever. That's s term used to describe someone who doesn't have your beliefs. Does the Muslim believe in the sense doctrines as the Christian, the answer is no .. he is an unbeliever in the doctrine of Christ being God's son. I don't get offended when Muslims say Christians are unbelievers which is right. We do not believe in the same thing.

How is it not true?
Why call the Muslim partner an unbeliever? Because he isn't a Christian right

But when Muslims call Christians infidels(unbelievers) you call them intolerant and extremist. Hypocrisy is a Christian
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
Maximus82:

Your method of quoting me is an eyesore, that said. Find somewhere to dump the scam called religion. The best religion is live and lets live while loving your neighbour as you love yourself. All these taking sides in religions are bullshit

Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by edemsimeon: 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
SARAKI IS A MUSLIM .SARAKI'S WIFE(TOYIN) HAS A CHRISTIAN BACKGROUND. SO,IF THEIR DAUGHTER(TOSIN) MARRIES A CHRISTIAN,IT'S THE LORD'S DOING.......THAT'S 50 : 50
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by crismark(m): 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
profolaolu:
Suspending the girl from choir was good but barring people from attending the wedding was cruel and terrible,it is clearly stated in the Bible that "Do not be equally yoked with an unbelievable" ordinary church member can marry even an herbalist but not a worker in the Church, it is a bad precedent, laying a terrible example for others
suspending d gal was right jisos!!!
i hate d way pple practice religion dis days especially nigerians... frm what i decoded frm d gospels in d bible, Jesus himself wuld av congratulatd nd prayed for d girl instead of suspending her.
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2017
crismark:

suspending d gal was right jisos!!!
i hate d way pple practice religion dis days especially nigerians... frm what i decoded frm d gospels in d bible, Jesus himself wuld av congratulatd nd prayed for d girl instead of suspending her.
I ll have love to reply U but I perceived U are not a Christian probably a church goer or a bench warmer so U may not be able to comprehend the in depth of the GOSPEL
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
So jesus too must be ISIS member accordin to ur understand if we were to go by his sayin to one of his followers that he should not bury his father and that the dead should bury the dead
Christ is not a suicide bumber
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Beey(f): 3:55pm On Oct 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

Lots of Muslim women marry Christian men - Saraki's daughter being a prominent example.
Saraki's wife is a Christian & his daughter is said to be a Christian like her mother.
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by crismark(m): 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
profolaolu:
I ll have love to reply U but I perceived U are not a Christian probably a church goer or a bench warmer so U may not be able to comprehend the in depth of the GOSPEL
hmmmm!!! omo see G.O of Christian Association Bible Church!!! i may be jst a church goer or bench warmer as u said but trust me i love my views nd ideology on religion cos it is very simple....
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by somehow: 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2017
Is that what your bible told you? What's the difference between buying and selling to an unbeliever but don't make them your biz partner?

You can buy and sell cigar, but don't let them smoke in your presence lol, isn't aht hypocrisy?
profolaolu:
U can buy and sell with an unbeliever but they can be ur business partners
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by khalilullaah(m): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

Lots of Muslim women marry Christian men - Saraki's daughter being a prominent example.
Does it mean it is allowed even if the King of Saudi Arabia gives his daughter out to a Christian?
capital NO.
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Augustap(f): 5:16pm On Oct 30, 2017
The so called man of God is doing all these for his own selfish reasons. But wetin concern me

Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
HeWrites:
Recounting what happened today in his church, a Twitter user @CharzFortune claimed that his Church’s Bishop reportedly asked a worshiper to leave the choir simply because she was marrying a Muslim.

He further disclosed that the Bishop, further threatened church members with suspension if they attend the wedding.

Here are his tweets;

http://www.torimill.com/2017/10/nigerian-lady-suspended-from-her-church.html

She either follows her husband to the mosque, or drag him to the church.
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by victorazyvictor(m): 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
pyyxxaro:
When husband don scarse the only one when manage serious mk she drive am undecided

The pastor must be drunk

If native Doctor self propose give Aunty Rita Dominic now , she go gree

lipsrsealed Maybe the pastor de eye the aunty ukwu b4

have u seen Muslim lady marrying Christian man?
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by omoowhe: 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
profolaolu:
Suspending the girl from choir was good but barring people from attending the wedding was cruel and terrible,it is clearly stated in the Bible that "Do not be equally yoked with an unbelievable" ordinary church member can marry even an herbalist but not a worker in the Church, it is a bad precedent, laying a terrible example for others
you be fool oooo.shebi if dangote give you work you go reject am.
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
somehow:
Is that what your bible told you? What's the difference between buying and selling to an unbeliever but don't make them your biz partner?

You can buy and sell cigar, but don't let them smoke in your presence lol, isn't aht hypocrisy?
What are U saying,I guess U should go over this reply again,because U commented out of context
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2017
crismark:

hmmmm!!! omo see G.O of Christian Association Bible Church!!! i may be jst a church goer or bench warmer as u said but trust me i love my views nd ideology on religion cos it is very simple....
So U av no view here because we are not talking religion we are talking about CHRISTIANITY which is way of life or even life itself
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by crismark(m): 5:49pm On Oct 30, 2017
profolaolu:
So U av no view here because we are not talking religion we are talking about CHRISTIANITY which is way of life or even life itself
wat den is religion? if christainity is really a way of life den am nt sure anybody in Nigeria is a christain.
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by somehow: 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2017
I think you need comprehension. Why sell and buy from people you can't partner in business?

Bible didn't ask you to disassociate yourself from your neighbor from different faith, rather don't allow your spiritual life be influenced by that of an unbeliever.
profolaolu:
What are U saying,I guess U should go over this reply again,because U commented out of context
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Carter4luv(m): 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
Where is d unity we are preaching about.
Practice wat u preach do not condemn.

If that lady is my best friend I will attend the wedding.
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Jobazenu: 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2017
babajero:
Lots of Muslim women? Apart from Sarah's daughter can you please tell me another? And moreover hope you know the criticism that followed her marriage, even till now you people are still criticizing it, calling it Haram. It is even in the Quran as Haram.
Muslims in Yoruba land easily marries Christians. you are obviously ignorant of this. then some northerners too especially the rich ones. Chief Igbinedion's daughter married ex-senate deputy president's daughter a Muslim guy, earlier this year.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Jobazenu: 6:20pm On Oct 30, 2017
dayowunmi:

Most of these families you talking about you need to do some more digging. I heard saraki wife is a Christian! But for Amosun wife, am too sure she's a Christian, she frequents redemption camp a lot and attends many church programs. The children probably followed their mums religion. So if fashola son marry a Christian you will use it as example when he's mum is a Christian and probably he's been following the mums religion all these while? Even Ajimobi Oyo state governor I heard has a Christian wife.
Yoruba don't care about religious difference
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by babajero(m): 6:53pm On Oct 30, 2017
Jobazenu:

Muslims in Yoruba land easily marries Christians. you are obviously ignorant of this. then some northerners too especially the rich ones. Chief Igbinedion's daughter married ex-senate deputy president's daughter a Muslim guy, earlier this year.
That is exactly what am saying, Muslim men marries Christian women, but don't want Christian men to marry Muslim women.
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by somehow: 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
Because Christian men (most) are too myopic to marry a Muslim woman.

Though I know Christian men married to Muslim women.
babajero:
That is exactly what am saying, Muslim men marries Christian women, but don't want Christian men to marry Muslim women.
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by babajero(m): 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2017
somehow:
Because Christian men (most) are too myopic to marry a Muslim woman.

Though I know Christian men married to Muslim women.
Big lie, Muslims don't give their daughters to Christian men for marriage, because it's Haram in Islam. That was why they wanted to tear saraki up, when he blessed his daughter's wedding saying he is not a true Muslim.
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by somehow: 8:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
Lies because you don't know one?
babajero:
Big lie, Muslim NYC
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Ngene44: 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2017
Sammy07:

Really, what about Muslims guy marrying Christian lady.

Is it against the sharia also??
no
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by somehow: 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
I don't argue with people who talk when they have no first hand experience.

Maybe it was a muslim kidnapper from osun that gave his daughter's hand to my brother in marriage.

Stick to only facts and when those with truth from experience are talking, sit and listen!
babajero:
Big lie, Muslims don't give their daughters to Christian men for marriage, because it's Haram in Islam. That was why they wanted to tear saraki up, when he blessed his daughter's wedding saying he is not a true Muslim.

You think everyone sees with your fanatic religious lens? Some are refined and know when to be reasonable and when to be religious.

As we have reasonable Christians, so do we have reasonable Christians who see humans first before religion!
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by Macmoni(m): 1:04pm On Oct 31, 2017
GavelSlam:
Some people would still defend their "papa".

Who is to say she wouldn't be able to convince her spouse to give the Lord a chance?
Way stops ha from converting him b4 marriage
Re: Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User by GavelSlam: 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2017
Macmoni:

Way stops ha from converting him b4 marriage

The same thing that made Saul persecute followers of Christ before converting to Paul.

Bigotry would kill Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Nomthi Odukoya's Funeral Rites Begin Today (Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates 40 Years As Redeemed Church General Overseer (Pix) / "President Buhari Is Caged By Cabal" – Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.