Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture (12487 Views)

Man Plunges Into Lagos River Over Allegations Of Theft / Agim Cyprian Chukwudi Shot By Policema In Cross River Over N15000 Debt (Graphic) / Corpses Of Couple Abandoned In Cross River Over Land Dispute (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by kuntash: 9:28am On Oct 31, 2017
greatmarshall:
Hmm This guy don hammer

I hope you dont belong to those who could sell their body parts for money ,

what part of INCAPACITATED you did NOT understand ?

Hammer ni, Chisel ko

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by Daboomb: 9:30am On Oct 31, 2017
FarahAideed:
I hope they pay because in the past govt agencies jave always refused to pay such compensations..

If they refuse to pay, l am sure his Lawyer knows that the next stage is to file for an "act of mandamus" whic will either compel the head of navy to pay or be jailed.
There are processes in law, they may be lengthy and time consuming but that is how the law works.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by grandstar(m): 9:30am On Oct 31, 2017
Qsscruz:
I just hope the order was not given to Nigeria Navy because if it is, the man should not rejoice beacuse not even a kobo would be coming to him.. This country is scam..Nothing works here. Truth be told this is really a zoo.. Even the animals would be laughing at us.. cheesy

The navy has promised to honour it.

If the amount isn't paid and it gets published in the newspapers, the embarrassment will be too much.

These guys have pride.
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by grandstar(m): 9:31am On Oct 31, 2017
Daboomb:

That is not a problem, all you need to do is go infront of a military Br=arracks and carry a placard reading "I am Boko Haram and l am armed".

I think say na #75M you dey find, abi?
undecided undecided

Na joke
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by Originalsly: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2017
Hope people follow his footsteps. ... when brutalized by the military .... go to court. I'm almost sure most told him it's a waste of time. Think the Navy will pay quickly.... the judge already said it took too long for the case to come to a conclusion... so should the Navy not pay quickly.. the judue may even increase the amount.
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by talk2percy(m): 9:36am On Oct 31, 2017
Serves them right! They should pay the guy his damn millions!!!!
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by greatmarshall(m): 9:38am On Oct 31, 2017
Daboomb:

You think so?
Do you know that this guy could have made even ten times that amount, if the Navy has not truncated his destiny?

Do you think Dangotte or even the M.D of any bank or NNPC would exchange their two legs (to be shot by bullets, in exchange for #75M)?

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? THERE'S NO WAY A BRICKLAYER WOULD MAKE SUCH AN AMOUNT ALL HIS LIFE... I GUESS YOU SAW THE VIDEO

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by manci(m): 9:47am On Oct 31, 2017
you can't win such huge amount even on bet9ja
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by Bullhari007(m): 9:51am On Oct 31, 2017
government that can not respect rule of law... make I bend if they pay him this money
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by poseidon12: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2017
Good judgement. We need more of this in order to tame these thugs in uniform. The Navy personnel involved should also be dismissed and jailed. Pieces of shit.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by poseidon12: 10:12am On Oct 31, 2017
TheArchangel:
Seems Nigerian court is now out for the blood of Nigerian military.

I'm sure you meant Nigerian thugs in uniform.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by stagger: 10:30am On Oct 31, 2017
Qsscruz:
I just hope the order was not given to Nigeria Navy because if it is, the man should not rejoice beacuse not even a kobo would be coming to him.. This country is scam..Nothing works here. Truth be told this is really a zoo.. Even the animals would be laughing at us.. cheesy

In 2010, a court order was procured mandating the CBN to deduct N2bn from the army's allocation to pay UBA money that the army owed the bank. A similar order was obtained some time ago to pay a victim of brutality. So this is a very simple process. The court can mandate CBN to deduct this amount from the Navy's allocation to pay the victim.
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by darkmarky(m): 10:32am On Oct 31, 2017
Talk2Bella:
grin iffa hear say dem pay
under Buhari regime? If na me be presido, and dem no pay, I go sack naval chief of staff o
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 31, 2017
Who obeys court order....I can't believe people actually believes the same poo all the time
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by Yusuf4: 10:35am On Oct 31, 2017
Pay mama.
No Government body in Nigeria can pay court damages. e come be security self.
Just as IBOS think Buhari will pay them 88 Billion
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by Talk2Bella(f): 10:38am On Oct 31, 2017
darkmarky:
under Buhari regime? If na me be presido, and dem no pay, I go sack naval chief of staff o

grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by Skmoda360(m): 10:38am On Oct 31, 2017
i doubt if they will pay him.....
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by RaptorX: 11:33am On Oct 31, 2017
grandstar:
Can they also shoot 2 of my legs?

5 years too long though. I'll settle for 30m if they can wrap up within a year.

The man should build a block of 6 flats or even 10 flats in Lagos. He could reap as much as 8m if he builds in a place like Awoyaya, Lekki where the land is dry, firm and cheap.

What if you bleed to death
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by marooh: 11:38am On Oct 31, 2017
Abeg somebody should send navy officer to beat me oooo.

I really need this kindbeat! grin
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by Wallace2107: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2017
eddyslim:
Nice one.. 75m, is that not too small!!
Is high time they teach these people some lesson
mumu..no wonder ur life is still in shambles.no house,no work,no chill.wife u no get,@ ur age u still live with ur parents..u got no chills abeg.lazy awofist!
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by KINGS100(m): 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2017
that is good, justice is served. I hope other lawless uniform men will learn from this.
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by Ashley86400: 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2017
I don't know why people call Nigeria a zoo.
A zoo is an orderly place where animals are kept, fed and catered for. . .
Nigeria is a Jungle. undecided
Where the strong/rich constantly oppress the weak/poor for their own survival.
A jungle where all laws,rules and morals are thrown to the wind.
A zoo has rules, you don't see a lion meddling in the affairs of a tiger. .they don't even share the same cage/space. .
In the Jungle. .anything goes.
In Nigeria. . .anything goes... there's no law in the constitution that hasn't been twisted and bended and the sad thing is. .no one is ready for a change.
This country cannot be better. .if you're deceived, decieve not yourself.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by eddyslim(m): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
Wallace2107:
mumu..no wonder ur life is still in shambles.no house,no work,no chill.wife u no get,@ ur age u still live with ur parents..u got no chills abeg.lazy awofist!
And you are such a fool... product of a wasted sperm
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by Jamorezzi: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
75m fall on you
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by rumenase(m): 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
greatmarshall:
Hmm This guy don hammer

hahaha hammer without legs? would you exchange yur legs for 75milla?
Re: Court Orders Navy To Pay N75M To Man In Cross River Over Illegal Torture by Ugbavihi: 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2017
Court just dey order here and there, no implementation of the orders.. Mtcheeewwwwww

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reverend Fathers Regain Freedom After 4 Days In Kidnappers Den / One Dies As Explosion Rocks Dangote Cement Plant / Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Reveals What Stopped Sureties From Producing IPOB Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.