Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,230 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power (29542 Views)

Germany To Expel Chad Ambassador, Mariam Ali Moussa, In Tit-for-tat Move / Germany To Use Firewood, Coal If Russia Cuts Off Gas Supply / Germany to Allow Gender and Name Changes Once A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by positivelord: 11:54am On Oct 31, 2017
iamJ:
let me not lie

I like things like this oooo

last year, i had light for 3 straight days, i left my ac on all thru, stayed mostly indoors

When i went out, the moment sun touched me malaria cry

My freezer almost got damaged

My frozen soups turned to stone angry

Abeg take and bring the light biko

#No Filter Attitude

Are you aware lack of power supply is largely why businesses close down..thus youth unemployment...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by Kingluqman89(m): 11:55am On Oct 31, 2017
g
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by hooklover: 11:55am On Oct 31, 2017
I thought buhari will be d messiah on power. To delivervpower to Nigerians and go but d dullard has no clue. He will soon be forgotten and sent parking to Dustin of history

1 Like

Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by oluwapyzo: 11:55am On Oct 31, 2017
naijainfogalery:
So I was reading a news online when I came across this news on Bloomberg, then I got the shock of my life. So apparently the power generation company in Germany produced a lot of power more than they need that if people dont use the power, It might shut down the plant, so in other to avoid that, they were willing to pay people to Use (waste) the excess power generated. Now this got me thinking, What the Hell is wrong with us in this part of the world?

http://www.naijanani.com/german-electric-company-pay-users-electricity-generated-much-energy/

Read story here":

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-26/record-wind-will-force-germany-to-pay-power-users-this-weekend
This is a real sad news to me considering the fact that in our country here we don't get the light and we still pay for what we did not use
What a pity Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by Okinqz01(m): 11:55am On Oct 31, 2017
for Nigeria it ll result to over billing
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by Marvelous101: 11:57am On Oct 31, 2017
GOD why has thou forsaken Nigeria
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by correctguy101(m): 11:57am On Oct 31, 2017
Alas, too much of everything is bad. Lack thereof is worse.
They've got too much electricity while we don't have at all. undecided

Nigerian government will not see these people to work with concerning power problem o, it's only some crazed Chinese people they'll always bring to waste time and steal more money. SMH

1 Like

Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by babztee(m): 11:57am On Oct 31, 2017
In Nigeria,3days on,1day off cry cheesy grin
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by Adaumunocha(f): 11:57am On Oct 31, 2017
Stupid NEPA cut and carried my wires.. Nde Anuofia.
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by WebSurfer(m): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2017
iamJ:
let me not lie

I like things like this oooo

last year, i had light for 3 straight days, i left my ac on all thru, stayed mostly indoors

When i went out, the moment sun touched me malaria cry

My freezer almost got damaged

My frozen soups turned to stone angry

Abeg take and bring the light biko

#No Filter Attitude
Just 3 days and we are here complaining about too much light for more than a month

1 Like

Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by bullbull: 11:58am On Oct 31, 2017
Distribution company is a scam... By goodluck
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by Aburi001: 11:59am On Oct 31, 2017
Benita27:
Working Nation. While they're paying their citizens to consume power, we pay and beg them to give us power in this part of the world.

Electricity has always been the campaign strategy every administration has used in Nigeria to wheel political power but yet, we're still in the doldrums. SMH.
What an IRONY.....Here in Nigeria, we pay for the Electricity we don't see or use, they call it ESTIMATED BILLS.

While somewhere around the World, it's a diffgood ball game.

1 Like

Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 12:00pm On Oct 31, 2017
Is there a way we can import the excess?
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by Oloruntobi4382(m): 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by ceecee0703(m): 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
Oloruntobi4382:
Why are so pained? i never mentioned you

no you are the one pained, go to school...mba! you will just be disgracing your village people. Go and read the news.
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
Is there a way we can import the excess? I learned Buhari is already in discussions with some people in that regard. Make dem no job am o.

3 Likes

Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by Abudu2000(m): 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2017
Any govt that can give Nigeria 3hours daily supply would be the best govt Nigeria would ever have.....it shall never be well with all our leaders..Amen
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by mecussey(m): 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2017
I have been thinking of that wind turbine...but apart from been expensive, it also requires maintenance unlike solar. However, its good it works all weather, i will surely try it...
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by cstr1000: 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
First world problems. cheesy
The problem of excess electricity storage is a problem only first world countries will ever know.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by DONADAMS(m): 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
isn't there a way they can transmit/sell to a nearby country?
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nigeria is just a land of mess.

A country is doing this while in Nigeria a governor faced with humanitarian crisis is building mosque

1 Like

Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by bitingcool: 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
When in victoria island diesel suppliers and generator Merchants pay NEPA to take light during the day so that they can make money off companies and stay in business

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by McPerry(f): 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2017
Them no born Nigeria we'll make them pass consumers....

For where?
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by talk2percy(m): 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
See where things are properly working and organized too! Thank God, Germany has always been the country after my heart....I can't wait to become a German citizen!!!

1 Like

Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by Daddyboy101(m): 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
modelmike7:
This can never happen in my country.
Oga itz just a mata of time we will get there in God's name
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by talk2percy(m): 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
bitingcool:
When in victoria island diesel suppliers and generator Merchants pay NEPA to take light during the day so that they can make money off companies and stay in business
a really messed up country. I have been checking seriously why I ended up a Nigerian, to god!
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by solomonita(m): 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
Buhari come and see ooooooooo
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by poweredcom(m): 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
hell hole called nigeria
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
Oloruntobi4382:
Why are so pained? i never mentioned you

Not everybody has the capacity to ignore the wanton and reckless display of chronic and acute stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2017
BornAgainMay:
The problem with Africa is me n you, who for tribal reasons chose an old man, close to his grave to be our president.

the problem lies on those ppl who are still confident that Buhari will be a Messiah come 2019.

Nigerians are their own problems but let me use this opportunity to call Buhari or Jubril...

A Dead Man taking us back to Dead Ages.

come and beat me, I Dey Oshogbo in my ritual shrine!

com
And how did the "young man" before him fare? Did you experience better power generation then?
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by kannymoore(m): 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2017
Wait...wait first oh!

Are they saying that their wind turbines alone generates 37,000 megawatts!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

How much does it cost exactly to have such along the Lagos oceanic coastline?

Isn't this doable in the long run?!
Re: Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power by hanassholesolo: 12:17pm On Oct 31, 2017
Germany's economy is too strong. They also had a 14billion euro Surplus from their budget. Wtf kind of economy runs on surplus in this 21st century? German machine no be for mouth.

...Meanwhile somewhere in Giant of Africa, some people have not seen 24hrs electricity in their life.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia’s King Salman Admitted To Hospital / Coronavirus: Prince Charles Avoids Handshake (Video) / UK Prime Minister Sacks Minister, Paul Bristow Who Called For Gaza Ceasefire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.