Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council (6853 Views)

Photos From The Federal Executive Council Meeting Today / ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes / Breaking News: Jonathan Dissolves Cabinet After Ngozi Resigned. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by smilyhand(m): 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2010
Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves Cabinet

Acting President Goodluck Jonathan this afternoon dissolved the Federal Executive Council.

Since February when Jonathan was proclaimed Acting President by the National Assembly, various groups and individuals had been advising him to dissolve the cabinet and form a new one made up of people loyal to him.

The dissolution, however, confirms earlier speculations that the cabinet would be dissolved this week (The Punch)

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010031717494846
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by 0hsisi: 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2010
about time Ebele acted like a brave man
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by baduks(m): 11:56pm On Mar 17, 2010
Wonder why it took him so long, guess he's just beginning to realise that the next election is around the corner and the need to position himself. I wish him speed anyway
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by Mudley313: 12:05am On Mar 18, 2010
brave/good move
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by ebor(m): 12:17am On Mar 18, 2010
hope he will not recyle these old cargoes.we need fresh bloods as promised
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by Echidime(m): 12:23am On Mar 18, 2010
If he likes let him stay there and sleep,if he likes let him act like an Ibo man he is,if he loves his life he should remove all terrorist ministers in his cabinet,remove Inec chairman Iwu,remove PDP chairman and hold on to power come 2011,nothing dey happen grin grin grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by joeychick: 12:26am On Mar 18, 2010
is about time!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by Kratos007(m): 12:27am On Mar 18, 2010
long overdue
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by Echidime(m): 12:33am On Mar 18, 2010
Jonathan sacks ministers
Headlines Mar 18, 2010
From left, Police Affairs Minister, Alhaji Ibrahim Lame, Minister of State for Power, Mr. Nuhu Wyer, Minister for Power, Mr. Rilwan Babalola; National Planning Minister, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman; Minister of State, Niger Delta Development, Elder Godsday Orubebe; and Minister for Niger Delta Development, Chief Ufot Ekaette before they were sacked by Acting President, Goodluck Jonathan, in Abuja, yesterday. Photo by Abayomi Adeshida

*Presidential aides also affected
*Sacked ministers abandon exit routes at FEC meeting

By Daniel Idonor

ABUJA—ACTING President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday became more decisive in running the affairs of government when he ordered the immediate dissolution of the Federal Executive Council, FEC, bringing to an end lingering speculations on the existence of the former cabinet as constituted by the ailing President, Umaru Yar’Adua.

Minister of Information and Communication, Professor Dora Akunyili, sacked along with others, took State House Correspondents through a very long briefing session. She outlined so many contract memos that were approved by the dissolved council, saying “the Acting President Goodluck Jonathan has dissolved the Federal Executive Council.”

According to the minister who could barely take few questions “the Acting President did not give reason for dissolving the cabinet,” even as she added that “all ministers including myself are to handover to their respective permanent secretaries by tomorrow (today).”

She, however, explained that the dissolution of the cabinet also affected all presidential aides including special advisers, assistants and others stressing that “if they form part of the cabinet it means they are also removed.”

The action came as a surprise to many ministers who had engaged in the exchange of banters upon arrival at the Council Chambers.

From left, Acting President Goodluck Jonathan; Justice Minister, Prince Adetokunbo Kayode and the Agriculture and Water Resources Minister, Dr. Sa'ad Abba Ruma at the FEC meeting yesterday. Photo : Abayomi Adeshida .

They never expected that yesterday was going to be their last in the service under Yar’Adua cum Jonathan led government.

Many of the ministers, against all protocol, abandoned their usual exit point from the Council Chambers, as they were seen taking different unconventional routes out of the premises. Some were observed to have openly discussed how they intended to move swiftly to their offices to collect their personal effects.

But as the meeting ended, several ministers, particularly those loyal to Yar’Adua were observed to be frowning as they refused to take questions from reporters. Only the Minister of Labour, Alhaji Ibrahim
Kazaure, agreed to talk.

He thanked both Yar’Adua and Jonathan for giving him the opportunity to serve, adding: “I use to be the Minister of Labour but now I am no more.”

On what he intends to do after being a minister he said “I am a politician and I will continue to be one until I die.”

It was not, however, clear whether a chunk of the outgoing ministers and other cabinet members would be re-appointed by the Acting President; even as it was being speculated that some of them including those loyal to Yar’Adua were likely to come back.

A school of thought has it that new cabinet may be made up of former deputy governors who were colleagues of Jonathan when he was a deputy governor in Bayelsa State.

Key members of the Deputy Governors Forum from each of the six geo-political zones, during his days were seen last Friday in Aso Rock where they had gone to meet with Jonathan on his invitation.

Acting President Jonathan had allowed the ministers to fully participate in the discussion of memos while the meeting lasted, as several contracts worth over N50 billion were also approved for execution by various ministries, departments and agencies, MDAs, at yesterday’s meeting
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by honeyguy(m): 12:55am On Mar 18, 2010
Nigeria and dramas
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by naijacann: 1:05am On Mar 18, 2010
Suggestions for the new cabinet

Minister of:

Works and housing-----Dora Akunyili
INEC Chairman, suggests appointing 2 people as co-chairmen: Prof Humphery Nwosu and Rev Father Mathew Cocker
EFCC Chairman : Either u ressurect Ghani Fawehinmi or give it to Col. Abubakar Umar
Attorney General: Femi Falana
Defence: Col. Ike Nwosu(former action governor of Abia and later, Oyo States)
Petroleum: Give it to a core Ijaw man
Agriculture: Give it to a seasoned farmer
Education: Prof. Adamu Baikie(V.C. Nasarawa state university)
Finance: Prof. Ismaila J. Isiaka(Prof. of Monetary Economics, ABU, Zaria)
NNPC chairman: Give it to someone from oil producing local govt like Uguta in Imo state
FCT:  Give it to a non notherner(for the first time)
National planning: Dr B.K Obioma(Assoc. Professor of Monetary Finance, IMSU,Owerri)
Police affairs(Give it to a southerner for the first time)

Service chiefs:
Chief of:
Army staff: Igbo(for the first time)
Air staff:     Hausa
Naval staff: South south
Defence:    Yoruba(they have barely held this position before)

IGP: Remove that dum ass Onovo and replace him with a younger agile guy.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by naijacann: 1:07am On Mar 18, 2010
Information: Give it to a Hausa Man for the first time
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by 0hsisi: 1:27am On Mar 18, 2010
Echidime:

. Only the Minister of Labour, Alhaji Ibrahim
Kazaure, agreed to talk.

He thanked both Yar’Adua and Jonathan for giving him the opportunity to serve, adding: “I use to be the Minister of Labour but now I am no more.”

On what he intends to do after being a minister he said “I am a politician and I will continue to be one until I die.”

Then he should prepare to meet allah!
look at this shameless thief
Is politician a career?
Useless aboki
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by sulad82i(m): 1:50am On Mar 18, 2010
Like I said b4, he's just getting started. He has tested the water and now know what needs to be done. Little by little he'll change to the people he want every where thats the right thing to do.
Go Pressy
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by waleski(m): 1:53am On Mar 18, 2010
This is a case of 2 little 2 late i.m.o election is round d corner nd dis changes are belated 2 me
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by comechop(m): 1:59am On Mar 18, 2010
Thank God
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by Kilode1: 2:30am On Mar 18, 2010
0hsisi:

Then he should prepare to meet allah!
look at this shameless thief
Is politician a career?
Useless aboki

^You prob didn't intend it to be, but i find that very funny grin grin smiley smiley
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by wakes: 3:05am On Mar 18, 2010
It's a good and positive move in the positive direction. But only God can guide him in choosing the next crop of ministers. I wish him God's wisdom above all. Good luck good president (whether acting in a play or acting on the throne)
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by rickie4us(m): 3:22am On Mar 18, 2010
is Goodluck going to retain Dora?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by benz190: 3:44am On Mar 18, 2010
^^

yes he can send her to my house so i can teach her how good i am in bed~ grin grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by alphabet43(m): 4:02am On Mar 18, 2010
Thank God. Everything has been going in the right direction since the death Abacha. Slowly but surely
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by Tcrack(m): 4:03am On Mar 18, 2010
finally, we are rid of murice iwu. thats something to cheer
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by pawa4ul: 4:40am On Mar 18, 2010
Echidime:

If he likes let him stay there and sleep,if he likes let him act like an Ibo man he is,if he loves his life he should remove all terrorist ministers in his cabinet,remove Inec chairman Iwu,remove PDP chairman and hold on to power come 2011,nothing dey happen grin grin grin

We are talking Nigeria here and not ethnic sentiments. Meanwhile stop the attribution of Igbo to the Mr Joanathan. Let us just pray for God's guidance for the man to pilot the affaris of this nation to it's lime light.
Jonathan, may GOD be with you.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by Seun(m): 2:40pm On Mar 18, 2010
If Dora Akunyili must be a minister, shouldn't she be the health minister or something?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by bawomolo(m): 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2010
bold move, we shall see what happens.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by otukpo(f): 3:18pm On Mar 18, 2010
Jonathan shld bring in new blood to transform the system.
Enough of all these recycling.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by Bukittes(f): 4:30pm On Mar 18, 2010
Right step in the right direction! Way to go bros Jonathan!!!! Really proud of u
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by gidson12(m): 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2010
Slow and unpredictable, this guy is really dangerous. He acts when u never expects. Well i hope this is 4 d better
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by gidson12(m): 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2010
Slow and unpredictable, this guy is really dangerous. He acts when u never expects. Well i hope this is 4 d better
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by deb(m): 4:37pm On Mar 18, 2010
Seun:

If Dora Akunyili must be a minister, shouldn't she be the health minister or something?

The question is, how many month do we have left for this government to go. I will rather retain her at the Info Ministry to finish her tenure
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 18, 2010
Pawwww!!!! More down!!! grin grin grin grin @ least uncle Joe is a sharp shooter,
though we have always underestimated him to be more than an understatement
of slow-motion, undecided emmmmnn, I still believe we have more to go if he has to stay
in power during the next political dispensation, angry
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council by emmydee(m): 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2010
long over due!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's 53 Years Report Card. / My Take On Bomb Blast Today -cramjones / Buhari's Speech To Nigerian Community In UK Saturday 21st 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.