Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki (22379 Views)

Lawyers React To Metuh’s Conviction, Charge FG To Prosecute Corrupt Govt Officia / Atiku’s Witness Can’t Remember Date Of Presidential Election - The Punch / Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by deji17: 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2017
BREAKING: I can’t remember details of money given to Metuh – Dasuki
Published November 1, 2017

Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

The detained former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, told the Federal High Court in Abuja, that he could no long remember the details of the N400m which he gave to a former National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, in 2014.

It is the first time Dasuki‎ would be physically asked questions relating to his alleged diversion of funds meant for arms procurement into presidential campaigns of the then ruling PDP in 2015.

Dasuki entered the witness box as Metuh’s eighth defence witness after Justice Okon Abang earlier dismissed the ex-NSA’s application seeking an adjournment pending the determination of his motion in relation to the subpoena issued on him pending before the Court of Appeal.

Dasuki, who has been in the custody of the Department of State Services since December 2015, was produced in court by the agency’s operatives on Wednesday following an application by Metuh that the ex-NSA be summoned.

Led in evidence by Metuh’s lawyer‎, Mr. Emeka Etiaba (SAN), Dasuki said he could not remember the details of the payment of N400m, which is part of the subjects of the charges instituted against Metuh.

He said his incarceration for about two years had deprived him of access to documents that could help him to give any meaningful evidence.

When asked to give the details about the payment, Dasuki said, “That will be very difficult for me to give any details of the money paid to Chief Olisa Metuh and the second defendant (Destra Investment Limited) without reference to my records.

“Three years is a long time.”

Asked when he could have access to his records, Dasuki said, “I have stated earlier that I have been in custody for two years. As soon as authorities decide to obey the subsisting court orders.

“I have four bail court orders and an ECOWAS Court ruling. When they release me, I can go through the records.

‎”That is when I will be able to give a timeline.

As long as I am in detention, the answer is I don’t know.”

http://punchng.com/breaking-dasuki-speaks-says-he-cant-remember-details-of-money-given-metuh/

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by HungerBAD: 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2017
Lol thief.

He will remember as soon as he is released?did he just say as long as he is detained, his brain will be be unable to recollect anything?lol.

Did not know this guy is this funny.

I feel you. A Prince from a pampered background, that has never slept without electricity in his life,and was exposed to corn beef and sardine from childhood and this little vacation is really affecting him.

Sorry Prince that nobody is pampering you.

82 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by bbm2016(m): 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2017
left to me Ehn
I go just imprison all of them

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by bbm2016(m): 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2017
left to me Ehn
I go just imprison of them

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Monjerk: 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2017
deji17:
BREAKING: I can’t remember details of money given to Metuh – Dasuki
Published November 1, 2017

Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

The detained former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, told the Federal High Court in Abuja, that he could no long remember the details of the N400m which he gave to a former National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, in 2014.

It is the first time Dasuki‎ would be physically asked questions relating to his alleged diversion of funds meant for arms procurement into presidential campaigns of the then ruling PDP in 2015.

Dasuki entered the witness box as Metuh’s eighth defence witness after Justice Okon Abang earlier dismissed the ex-NSA’s application seeking an adjournment pending the determination of his motion in relation to the subpoena issued on him pending before the Court of Appeal.

Dasuki, who has been in the custody of the Department of State Services since December 2015, was produced in court by the agency’s operatives on Wednesday following an application by Metuh that the ex-NSA be summoned.

Led in evidence by Metuh’s lawyer‎, Mr. Emeka Etiaba (SAN), Dasuki said he could not remember the details of the payment of N400m, which is part of the subjects of the charges instituted against Metuh.

He said his incarceration for about two years had deprived him of access to documents that could help him to give any meaningful evidence.

When asked to give the details about the payment, Dasuki said, “That will be very difficult for me to give any details of the money paid to Chief Olisa Metuh and the second defendant (Destra Investment Limited) without reference to my records.

“Three years is a long time.”

Asked when he could have access to his records, Dasuki said, “I have stated earlier that I have been in custody for two years. As soon as authorities decide to obey the subsisting court orders.

“I have four bail court orders and an ECOWAS Court ruling. When they release me, I can go through the records.

‎”That is when I will be able to give a timeline.

As long as I am in detention, the answer is I don’t know.”

http://punchng.com/breaking-dasuki-speaks-says-he-cant-remember-details-of-money-given-metuh/
@bold, end of work.
Over to government.

16 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by nairavsdollars(f): 5:42pm On Nov 01, 2017
Poor Dasuki. Dem don reset him brain for prison

10 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by wtfcoded: 5:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
Bunch of criminals

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by temitope277(m): 5:50pm On Nov 01, 2017
oju ole re ole

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2017
HungerBAD:
Lol thief.

He will remember as soon as he is released?did he just say as long as he is detained, his brain will be be unable to recollect anything?lol.

I feel you. A Prince from a pampered background, that has never slept without electricity in his life,and was exposed to corn beef and sardine from childhood is
Zombie,you call him theif when he has not be convicted,Buhari refused to obey court orders,how do you zombie reason,you are stil the person that keeps defending Apc politicians

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Sprumbabafather: 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
Media trial

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2017
He made some valid points... 3 years is a long time to remember detailed transactions..

He should be granted access to his records

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by ivandragon: 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2017
for Metuh to be guilty, it has to be proven that Dasuki illegally released funds to Metuh & Metuh was aware that the funds were gotten from a questionable source...

Dasuki should be allowed to have his bail & access to documents he needs to defend himself, Nigerians want to see the 'end' of this matter.

that said, GEJ also needs to appear ASAP, that he was a supposedly good man does not exonerate him from probe. let a precedence be set so that when former heads of state/presidents are called to defend themselves in court, no one will raise eyebrows.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Leonbonapart(m): 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by rentAcock(m): 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2017
Amnesia is not a defence. They are all crooks and need to be shot.

9 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by thedondada(m): 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2017
Lol.

I understand you. So much cash entered your hand to be shared you cannot even recall. I understand.

Dude you will cough out all that dough before 2019 cos buhari has a hard on for you and you're gonna get bleeped one way or another.

Lesson to self. Be careful cos power is a cheating hoe

6 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by BornAgainMay: 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2017
the struggle for booking space is real

the guys up there, how did you ppl do it na?

one day I will make to the top of the struggle.

for the topic, Dasuki is right, the Cell has mentally drained him. he can't remember anything.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by nairalandfreak(m): 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2017
Suzuki
Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2017
awon oloriburuku, ole gbe ole gba lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Edopesin: 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2017
Why Will You Remember? ..
Stupid Thieves

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Smily202(m): 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
HungerBAD:
Lol thief.

I feel you. A Prince from a pampered background, that has never slept without electricity in his life,and was exposed to corn beef and sardine from childhood and this little vacation is really affecting him.

Why won't he forget, when the FG decided to keep someone in detention for 2yrs without trial. As it stands now FG is wasting there time.

17 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by tommykiwi(m): 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
K
Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
I'm not surprised. You just have to expect the unexpected because this is Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Judolisco(m): 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2017
Nice response

13 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Titto93(m): 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
cool
Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Paulreports(m): 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
Esseite:
He made some valid points... 3 years is a long time to remember detailed transactions..

He should be granted access to his records
Certainly.....we are talking about millions of naira here smiley

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by omoadeleye(m): 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
dumbfu.cks
Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by krasican(m): 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Zombie,you call him theif when he has not be convicted,Buhari refused to obey court orders,how do you zombie reason,you are stil the person that keeps defending Apc politicians

You are angry ......reason is that you like PDP and Jonathan ....truth be told what dasuki said does it make sense to you....from his statement he admitted giving money to metuh which means he truly shared money

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by sirBLUNT: 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
nigerianr almost forget about dasuki sef...so i guess he is right wen he says he cant remember anything after 3years...that is wat happen wen everything is politicise

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by vedaxcool(m): 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
OYO for metuh

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Radicalman(m): 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
HungerBAD:
Lol thief.

I disagree with you because there is a saying that state "out site is out of mind" three years is not three days or months

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghali N'abba Dumps APC For PDP / President Buhari Makes Fresh Appointments In AMCON, NDIC / NAF Commissions New Facilities In Markudi And Benin City (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.