Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case (37222 Views)

Kano House Of Assembly Invites Jaafar Jaafar To Testify In Ganduje Bribery Heari / Aso Rock's 2018 Budget: N1bn For Clinic, N46m For Generators, N24m For Ranching / I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by kahal29: 2:54am On Oct 31, 2017
Former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, Monday, prayed the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court to set aside the subpoena it issued to compel him to testify as a witness in the ongoing trial of former National Publicity Secretary of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh.

Dr. Jonathan, in a motion he filed through his counsel, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), urged Justice Okon Abang to set aside the subpoena ad testifiandum he issued against him on October 23.

In the alternative, the former President asked Justice Abang to direct Metuh to deposit with the court, for and on behalf of himself, N1 billion in line with provisions of Section 241(2) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015.

He said the N1 billion will cover travelling expenses for himself and his security personnel from his home town, Otuoke in Bayelsa State, to Abuja and also for time that he might spend appearing before the court as President of Nigeria between 2010 and 2015.

Jonathan’s lawyer, Ozekhome (SAN), maintained that the evidence Metuh is seeking will amount to an invasion of his client’s personal right to privacy, and family life as provided for in Section 37 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999.

In addition, he submitted that the evidence sought to be obtained from Jonathan was likely to expose the former President to a criminal charge, penalty or forfeiture.

He further argued that the subpoena was vague, applied for and obtained on frivolous grounds and in bad faith, saying it was meant to embarrass the person of the applicant.

Besides, Jonathan argued that Metuh was not a personal aide or his appointee and, therefore, could not have dealt with the President directly under any circumstance to warrant the invitation of the applicant to testify in the charge.

He further submitted that there was no nexus between him and Metuh and the charge for which the defendants are standing trial.

The case

The court had, on the strength of an application by Metuh, who is facing seven-count corruption charge alongside his firm, Destra Investment Limited, summoned both Jonathan and Dasuki to appear before it.

Metuh had, in defence of the charge against him, maintained that the former President and ex-NSA, were “very vital and crucial witnesses” in the matter.

EFCC had in the charge before the court alleged that the former PDP spokesman had before the 2015 presidential election, received N400 million from the office of the National Security Adviser without executing any contract.

It said the fund, which was released to Metuh and his firm by the erstwhile NSA, Col Sambo Dasuki, (retd), was part of about $2.1 billion earmarked for the purchase of arms to fight insurgency in the North-East.

He was equally accused of money laundering. EFCC alleged that Metuh engaged in an illicit transaction that involved $2 million.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/alleged-n400m-fraud-metuh-must-deposit-n1bn-for-me-to-testify-jonathan/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by MrBigiman: 3:00am On Oct 31, 2017
Jonathan is my brother and I have utmost respect for him. U can't be a Leader without d hand of God. Congrats for being a one time president, and congrats for bringing the South south into d global map. You reminded people the value of loyalty and respecting the people ahead of you. These trait the Ipob youths/miscreants never emulated, and thus would remain proscribed for eternity.

Jonathan our hero!

This FTC actually goes to every Nigga working hard to make that money.

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by Neutral15(m): 3:01am On Oct 31, 2017
Please don't tell me recession caught up with GEJ

This condition is more like saying I don't want to come and I don't want to appear like I don't respect constituted authority like d present tyrant. Tnk God I didn't mention any name

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by slyng(m): 3:03am On Oct 31, 2017
Camara

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by FastShipping: 3:08am On Oct 31, 2017
Imagine. In another news, Barack Obama has just received a court summon to appear for jury duty. I believe he's honoring the summon.

Jonathan needs to get his act together and honor the court summon.

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by ivandragon: 3:28am On Oct 31, 2017
GEJ, please reduce the amount you are requesting for & appear before the court.
you have questions to answer even more than the Metuh matter.
the air must be cleared.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by Nobody: 3:28am On Oct 31, 2017
Mehn jona jona u are d man

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by Nobody: 3:41am On Oct 31, 2017
Why can't the DSS and military invade bayelsa and capture Jonathan Sometimes buhari dey fall person hand.. sad

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by net282: 3:44am On Oct 31, 2017
Let metu pay if he needs his attention

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by rusher14: 3:44am On Oct 31, 2017
Thrown under the boss.

Metuh never knew what hit him.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by vincent10(m): 4:16am On Oct 31, 2017
Journalism at its lowest ebb

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by Paperwhite(m): 4:16am On Oct 31, 2017
Jonathan should go to answer in court as guilty conscience fears no foe.

36 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by jumobi1(m): 4:24am On Oct 31, 2017
whateverkay:
Why can't the DSS and military invade bayelsa and capture Jonathan Sometimes buhari dey fall person hand.. sad

You want war? An ex Pres isn’t an Nnamdi Kanu.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by Vutseck(m): 4:30am On Oct 31, 2017
the game is on

very very entertaining .

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by Dcomrade(m): 4:44am On Oct 31, 2017
whateverkay:

Naso grin

36 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by seunmsg(m): 5:03am On Oct 31, 2017

In addition, he submitted that the evidence sought to be obtained from Jonathan was likely to expose the former President to a criminal charge, penalty or forfeiture.

Above is why Jonathan is scared to death of appearing in court. Sorry Metuh, you just got thrown under the bus by the same person you went all the way out for before the last election. All political asslickers around the president better learn from Metuhs case. Once shiit get real, you are going to be abandoned to your fate.

115 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by judedave181: 5:16am On Oct 31, 2017
God bless Jonathan

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by hakimi1974(m): 5:16am On Oct 31, 2017
and the man is drunk again.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by ezebunafo(m): 5:42am On Oct 31, 2017
weldone my hero,u re not called IB for nothing.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by IamPatriotic(m): 5:51am On Oct 31, 2017
What Metuh actually wanted is entirely different from what Jonathan's lawyer claims he wants, gush! our before before publicity secretary is on a long thing.
Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by Throwback: 5:52am On Oct 31, 2017
Besides, Jonathan argued that Metuh was not a personal aide or his appointee and, therefore, could not have dealt with the President directly under any circumstance to warrant the invitation of the applicant to testify in the charge.

He further submitted that there was no nexus between him and Metuh and the charge for which the defendants are standing trial.

Metuh wey say he will never betray Jonathan, yet he wants him to come and dance naked at the town square with paparazzi waiting with their cameras.

But is it fair that Jonathan will deny someone from his political backbone tribe? Jonathan almost claimed not to have known Metuh from Adam, just to avoid legal responsibilities that will eventually lead to admission of criminality and corruption.

Children must learn a valuable lesson here.
Never commit a crime for a man with power. He will deny you the way Jonathan has denied Metuh thrice, while he sorts himself out with the other powers that be.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 31, 2017
Jonathan wants to recover some of his looted funds by PDP members.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by infohenry(m): 6:05am On Oct 31, 2017
Metu you things are not the way the appear, jungle has matured everybody is now answering his or her father's name. Metu, you have no witness face your trial as Oga Jona needs 1billion to come Jupiter.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by morbeta(m): 6:18am On Oct 31, 2017
Metuh is not liked under the umbrella of Pdp, his problems is from his party..he is a political orphan now and is on his own cos of his methods when.it comes to money. So let him deposit the 1bn as GEJ rightly requested.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by Judolisco(m): 6:19am On Oct 31, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 31, 2017
FastShipping:
Imagine. In another news, Barack Obama has just received a court summon to appear for jury duty. I believe he's honoring the summon.

Jonathan needs to get his act together and honor the court summon.
He would have honour if buhari had honour other court summons against him.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by 9japrof(m): 6:28am On Oct 31, 2017
I hope buhari handlers are learning from this saga. you are on your own when the shit gets real...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 31, 2017
seunmsg:

Above is why Jonathan is scared to death of appearing in court. Sorry Metuh, you just got thrown under the bus by the same person you went all the way out for before the last election. All political asslickers around the president better learn from Metuhs case. Once shiit get real, you are going to be abandoned to your fate.
Same way Tinubu will do to the SW

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by free2ryhme: 6:29am On Oct 31, 2017
kahal29:
Former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, Monday, prayed the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court to set aside the subpoena it issued to compel him to testify as a witness in the ongoing trial of former National Publicity Secretary of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh.

Dr. Jonathan, in a motion he filed through his counsel, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), urged Justice Okon Abang to set aside the subpoena ad testifiandum he issued against him on October 23.

In the alternative, the former President asked Justice Abang to direct Metuh to deposit with the court, for and on behalf of himself, N1 billion in line with provisions of Section 241(2) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015.

He said the N1 billion will cover travelling expenses for himself and his security personnel from his home town, Otuoke in Bayelsa State, to Abuja and also for time that he might spend appearing before the court as President of Nigeria between 2010 and 2015.

Jonathan’s lawyer, Ozekhome (SAN), maintained that the evidence Metuh is seeking will amount to an invasion of his client’s personal right to privacy, and family life as provided for in Section 37 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999.

He further argued that the subpoena was vague, applied for and obtained on frivolous grounds and in bad faith, saying it was meant to embarrass the person of the applicant.

The case

The court had, on the strength of an application by Metuh, who is facing seven-count corruption charge alongside his firm, Destra Investment Limited, summoned both Jonathan and Dasuki to appear before it.

Metuh had, in defence of the charge against him, maintained that the former President and ex-NSA, were “very vital and crucial witnesses” in the matter.

EFCC had in the charge before the court alleged that the former PDP spokesman had before the 2015 presidential election, received N400 million from the office of the National Security Adviser without executing any contract.

It said the fund, which was released to Metuh and his firm by the erstwhile NSA, Col Sambo Dasuki, (retd), was part of about $2.1 billion earmarked for the purchase of arms to fight insurgency in the North-East.

He was equally accused of money laundering. EFCC alleged that Metuh engaged in an illicit transaction that involved $2 million.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/alleged-n400m-fraud-metuh-must-deposit-n1bn-for-me-to-testify-jonathan/

Metuh plans don fail and some fools are blaming the government

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by free2ryhme: 6:30am On Oct 31, 2017
kahal29:

The case

The difference between buhari’s supporters from Jonathan’s supporters is just about illiteracy and literacy. Jonathan’s followers will read the whole story to understand but Buhari’s followers only need the headline and the noise is on.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by jordyspices: 6:51am On Oct 31, 2017
which kind nigeria film be this na appear no appear hahaha metuh u never see anything no be only jonah wat of mama peace she no go appear to

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case by ignis: 6:52am On Oct 31, 2017
whateverkay:
Olodo...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot Donates New Transformers To His Constituents Ahead Of Election / NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines / Kwankwaso Shows Street Credibility In Ankpa Kogi State (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.