Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki (22381 Views)

Lawyers React To Metuh’s Conviction, Charge FG To Prosecute Corrupt Govt Officia / Atiku’s Witness Can’t Remember Date Of Presidential Election - The Punch / Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Sultannayef: 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
ivandragon:
for Metuh to be guilty, it has to be proven that Dasuki illegally released funds to Metuh & Metuh was aware that the funds were gotten from a questionable source...

Dasuki should be allowed to have his bail & access to documents he needs to defend himself, Nigerians want to see the 'end' of this matter.

that said, GEJ also needs to appear ASAP, that he was a supposedly good man does not exonerate him from probe. let a precedence be set so that when former heads of state/presidents are called to defend themselves in court, no one will raise eyebrows.

@Ivandragon or whatever you call yourself.. Let that "precedence" be started with any other ex-president. It will not be GED.

5 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Jesusloveyou: 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
What?
The criminal were even telling okon abang that he has be bailed four times

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by ChangetheChange: 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
grin
Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
krasican:

You are angry ......reason is that you like PDP and Jonathan ....truth be told what dasuki said those it make sense to you....
if you are locked up in prison against court orders for many years,you would say worse.

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by vedaxcool(m): 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2017
[s]
Smily202:

Why won't he forget, when the FG decided to keep someone in detention for 2yrs without trial. As it stands now FG is wasting there time.

[/s]

Remind me again who are the Fulani slaves?

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by doyouknowjohnny: 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2017
just grant him access to his records..Through his lawyer of course..

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by psalmsjob: 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2017
The statement common to all thieves!
Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Judolisco(m): 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2017
All of u shouting ole thief tell buhari to grant dasuki bail now he did not deny giving metuh money

5 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by domiron: 6:09pm On Nov 01, 2017
ivandragon:
for Metuh to be guilty, it has to be proven that Dasuki illegally released funds to Metuh & Metuh was aware that the funds were gotten from a questionable source...

Dasuki should be allowed to have his bail & access to documents he needs to defend himself, Nigerians want to see the 'end' of this matter.

that said, GEJ also needs to appear ASAP, that he was a supposedly good man does not exonerate him from probe. let a precedence be set so that when former heads of state/presidents are called to defend themselves in court, no one will raise eyebrows.

Go and appear him ASAP. It's obvious you don't know your constitution.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Jesusloveyou: 6:09pm On Nov 01, 2017
Sultannayef:

@Ivandragon or whatever you call yourself.. Let that "precedence" be started with any other ex-president. It will not be GED.
just go and be crazing de go

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Bhella5(m): 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2017
With that kind of money, me too go develop total amnesia.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Homeboiy: 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2017
The money metuh n dasuki stole if combined is not up to the amount maina has stolen in recent times

5 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by krasican(m): 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
if you are locked up in prison against court orders for many years,you would say worse.

from his statement u can see that he gave money to them...so u are telling me that if u gave somebody 400m u will easily forget in the space of 2yrs
Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by ehissi(m): 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2017
deji17:
BREAKING: I can’t remember details of money given to Metuh – Dasuki
Published November 1, 2017

Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

The detained former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, told the Federal High Court in Abuja, that he could no long remember the details of the N400m which he gave to a former National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, in 2014.

It is the first time Dasuki‎ would be physically asked questions relating to his alleged diversion of funds meant for arms procurement into presidential campaigns of the then ruling PDP in 2015.

Dasuki entered the witness box as Metuh’s eighth defence witness after Justice Okon Abang earlier dismissed the ex-NSA’s application seeking an adjournment pending the determination of his motion in relation to the subpoena issued on him pending before the Court of Appeal.

Dasuki, who has been in the custody of the Department of State Services since December 2015, was produced in court by the agency’s operatives on Wednesday following an application by Metuh that the ex-NSA be summoned.

Led in evidence by Metuh’s lawyer‎, Mr. Emeka Etiaba (SAN), Dasuki said he could not remember the details of the payment of N400m, which is part of the subjects of the charges instituted against Metuh.

He said his incarceration for about two years had deprived him of access to documents that could help him to give any meaningful evidence.

When asked to give the details about the payment, Dasuki said, “That will be very difficult for me to give any details of the money paid to Chief Olisa Metuh and the second defendant (Destra Investment Limited) without reference to my records.

“Three years is a long time.”

Asked when he could have access to his records, Dasuki said, “I have stated earlier that I have been in custody for two years. As soon as authorities decide to obey the subsisting court orders.

“I have four bail court orders and an ECOWAS Court ruling. When they release me, I can go through the records.

‎”That is when I will be able to give a timeline.

As long as I am in detention, the answer is I don’t know.”

http://punchng.com/breaking-dasuki-speaks-says-he-cant-remember-details-of-money-given-metuh/

Can we -looking at the bold text- now finally agree that the Dasuki trial is a hoax and a ridiculous farce.

Why charge a man to court and abduct and detain him indefinitely, refuse to produce him in court and when he doesnt show up, you will turn around and say he doesnt want to come....... angry

What nonsense! So he wants to be arrested and he wants to be detained but he doesnt want to come to court to stand trial.......

Bunch of Bumbling Fools....... angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Lexusgs430: 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2017
Amnesia brought about by unlawful detention...... It's very allowed......

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by erico2k2(m): 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2017
Case closed.the fg whre busy dishing out stories for guilables to digest.I thought Dansuki was meant to be singing in jail, who now cut his throat?its evident this man said nothing in Jail hence the refusal to let him come to give evidence in the 1st instance.now thier hands had been twisted look waht we got. so if there is no evidence of money transfered case is as good as dead!
9ja we hail dee.Who know if this is part of the script.Suprise suprise since the Ikoyi ophan $$$, wistle blowing died down.no more discovered loot!
Govt of the day is a big Joke!

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by SillyMods: 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2017
Esseite:
He made some valid points... 3 years is a long time to remember detailed transactions..

He should be granted access to his records
Which record specifically?
Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by doctokwus: 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2017
deji17:

. When they release me, I can go through the records.

‎”That is when I will be able to give a timeline.

As long as I am in detention, the answer is I don’t know.”

http://punchng.com/breaking-dasuki-speaks-says-he-cant-remember-details-of-money-given-metuh/
I like the highlighted.
Dasuki maybe corrupt and all the bad things attributed to his time as NSA,but when its now clear that he isn't more corrupt than the present crop of appointees who are being shielded just because they are now in power,one begins to have some sympathy for him.

4 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by isaacsegun(m): 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
krasican:

from his statement u can see that he gave money to them...so u are telling me that if u gave somebody 400m u will easily forget in the space of 2yrs
yes,you can easily forget as dasuki claimed because the money is not from his sweat.....Na free money!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by adeoba2008(m): 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2017
His brain need factory reset.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by greggng: 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2017
ivandragon:

The truth is that no former head of state has appeared in court b4 for corruption charges. Even some fail to honor panels. So you don't ve to blame gej if he disobey court order.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by 02Kebreal(m): 6:41pm On Nov 01, 2017
They remembered when they ate our yams without remorse. Karma is a bitch. Justice Okon Abang wehdone Sir!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by aribisala0(m): 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
Nigerians are always sentimental. What he has said makes perfect legal sense. Buhari is being schooled in democracy,rule of law and due process.

See as the case against Metuh goes up in smoke

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by aribisala0(m): 6:50pm On Nov 01, 2017
SillyMods:

Which record specifically?
Very soon the government will realize the own goal they scored by breaking into his house without a warrant.

If you are going to nail these guys you need very good lawyers on your payroll.Not Bungling DSS and EFCC goons

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by IFNOTGOD(m): 6:51pm On Nov 01, 2017
HungerBAD:
Lol thief.

He will remember as soon as he is released?did he just say as long as he is detained, his brain will be be unable to recollect anything?lol.

Did not know this guy is this funny.

I feel you. A Prince from a pampered background, that has never slept without electricity in his life,and was exposed to corn beef and sardine from childhood and this little vacation is really affecting him.

Sorry Prince that nobody is pampering you.

UR HYPOCRISY stinks to d higher skies,

26 billions dollars contract swept under d carpet, how about Ikoyi gate, maina gat , mtn 500m to abba kyari, d billions budgeted for aso rock yet no paracetamol(confirmd by the wife of ur god n his daughter)

make una try wise

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
krasican:

So he should just say he gave out money,even without documents,how would that help his case?

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Rajosh(m): 6:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
It they torture him, he'll remember. But in Nigeria, big thieves are pampered.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Lawalemi(m): 6:54pm On Nov 01, 2017
Good response. Only talkative would talk in such circumstance
Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Lawalemi(m): 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
aribisala0:
Nigerians are always sentimental. What he has said makes perfect legal sense. Buhari is being schooled in democracy,rule of law and due process.

See as the case against Metuh goes up in smoke

I love that response from Dasuki. You've got to show your adversary that you have some strength legally
Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by ivandragon: 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
greggng:

The truth is that no former head of state has appeared in court b4 for corruption charges. Even some fail to honor panels. So you don't ve to blame gej if he disobey court order.

there is nothing wrong if GEJ, who always speaks about building & respecting institutions, takes the bold step to obey a court order...

except he was truly aware of the looting going on, he has nothing to fear...

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by Bobby808: 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2017
HungerBAD:
Lol thief.

He will remember as soon as he is released?did he just say as long as he is detained, his brain will be be unable to recollect anything?lol.

Did not know this guy is this funny.

I feel you. A Prince from a pampered background, that has never slept without electricity in his life,and was exposed to corn beef and sardine from childhood and this little vacation is really affecting him.

Sorry Prince that nobody is pampering you.
The dumbest dunce Buhari was not even sick when he was give hand over note and signed without reading it. If people like Buhari whose brain is even worse than domestic animal was only sick for few months and could not read and signng of all documents which caused all Nigerians laughing stock across the world.
Re: I Can’t Remember Details Of Money Given To Metuh – Dasuki by joameh: 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2017
You will died there OK.Nonsense Aboki man you will not be release criminal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hopeless Hope, Chief Thug, Barde Is A Bad Boy: NLC 'knocks' Uzodimma, Imo CP / Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures / NAF Commissions New Facilities In Markudi And Benin City (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.