Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (128799 Views)

Kogi Flood: 8 Days On The Road From Warri To Lokoja, Motorists Cry Out (video) / Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Mzperry(f): 1:12am On Nov 05, 2017
enoch273:

Lets get married.
M married bro cool
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by 4dor: 1:33am On Nov 05, 2017
enoch273:

Oga boss tuale o, na your fellow waffarian o, hope for that side I no need to carry charger for neck waka.

I be computer geek already and android developer, abeg any other skill dey wey you go advise me to learn ?

I dey plan learn driving sha

Are you ok? Why on earth will you quit Android for Driving? Foreign companies dey recruit good developers from Nigeria on a regular basis.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by amzee(m): 6:46am On Nov 05, 2017
Mzperry:
M married bro cool
cheesy
Mzperry:
M married bro cool
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by enoch273: 7:03am On Nov 05, 2017
4dor:

Are you ok? Why on earth will you quit Android for Driving? Foreign companies dey recruit good developers from Nigeria on a regular basis.

Wow! I go brush up my skills, I just wan acquire more just in case o baba, I no wan take chances at all.

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by enoch273: 7:04am On Nov 05, 2017
Mzperry:
M married bro cool

Chai! Happy married life.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by judlice84: 8:06am On Nov 05, 2017
I can't really say which is easier.
I learnt through YouTube and also went to their language school called SFI,Sweden.
It is free for holders of resident permit.
Google SFI Sweden
Spylord48:

Among the Nordic states, which of their languages is,easy to learn. and how did you learn yours please.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by eldee365: 8:56am On Nov 05, 2017
I touched down this country to the waiting arms of my crying babe, it was damn emotional for the poor girl, and a Naija guy who was working with a top British firm here....I believe in NETWORKING 150%!! Before I came here, I had Naija guys wey know as e dey go on ground to network with, my woman dey wonder as I take dey run my matters self grin I started a language school to brush up more on my skills which I had been sharpening already in Naija...Her family loves me so much because I hit the ground running in terms of communication....If you came from a poverty background like me, you just have to be humble, well, excruciating poverty suppose humble anyone, that is one quality I have too: I started working part time, a small job that I got courtesy of my Naija guy here,and combining it with classes too.. Now I’m not going for MASTERS shocked the technical men, the hairdressers, the truck drivers, the skilled ones are the big boys here...professional jobs are here all the same, but aren’t easy my people, and certain restrictions apply e.g EU or non EU person...comments, questions etc!!!!

Am actually crying now why reading this, the poverty thing..
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Shakushaku1(m): 9:29am On Nov 05, 2017
olaboy1:

Interesting. The biggest problem I see here is also the high rate of mental sickness, from my personal experience almost 6 out of 10 have mental sickness here ranging from Bi polar disorder, ADHD, ASD etc, but bipolar seem to be the most common.

Bipolar girls may be 100% beautiful but they act impulsively, they can travel 10,000 miles away to meet or spend all their savings on gamble...they just act in the moment. I have dated the bipolar ones and I know how they think and live. Bipolar ones would ask you to move in very fast, but not the ones working in the banks that are mentally ok.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Mzperry(f): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2017
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Mzperry(f): 10:13am On Nov 05, 2017
enoch273:

Chai! Happy married life.
chai cheesy Thank You
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by LMohd(m): 12:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
4dor:

can you shed light on this Sir? I develop android apps.
Thanks.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by olaboy1: 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2017
Shakushaku1:

Bros I be mental health nurse, with this ya submission it seems ma profession shld be hot cake over there, but what's this chance of getting a nursing job ova there, do I need to go to their school bfor I get employed or I just need to write adaptation exam or no exams at all.??
You will need to learn the language for like 2-3yrs intensively, and they need to translate your credentials and let you know the courses you need to top up to have your certificate certified to Swedish standard. I think Norway is a hot cake for health care courses, see if you can find programs in Norway to get you into the country.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by olaboy1: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
BigChillin:

Oh I wasn't implying them racking up as someone's employee.....but as freelancing skilled hustlers working for themselves n being they own boss
Scandinavia is not the place for a black person to rack up bread doing freelancing, it’s codedly racist and I bet you will have trouble finding even 2 clients. The countries have a strong sense of nationalism and if you are not ethnic and local, your chances are next to nothing. Local employers are still wary of employing you, so you could imagine how freelancing is gonna turn out. Tourism is not the best way to understand Scandinavia, you need to live here for like 5years. I have friends in Finland who moved to UK after their masters degrees.

I will put screenshots when I find comments of foreigners whose businesses could not thrive and had to move.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nigeriadondie: 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
I had briefed my roommates about Nonye, so they were well informed of her continuous stalking....We sighted her afar off, and we quickly made the room as presentable as possible, while they left me alone for our lodge mates rooms...I welcomed Nonye to my room and offered her to sit on my reading table, LOL grin that’s the first showing of an immature guy, ‘romantically’... cheesy well she declined this, and went straight to the bed, I just weak, as I didn’t know what was in her mind...Well I joined her on the bed and started teaching her the ‘tough’ Chemistry problems, I just noticed she kept on looking at me, lustfully...I started asking myself if the frequent pimples on my face had popped up again cheesy then she did something that utterly threw me off balance.....I cover this thread with the blood of Jesus, any pidgin2 or confusionist, “May you receive weakness” grin grin cheesy
Tell Pidgin2 how life is in d scandinavia cos she dey always deceive herself that Nigeria is heaven on earth.

Tell how how condition of living is in the scandinavia.

When I said u can never find a single scandinavian who is poor not even as little as one cos of their social security model which is d best in d world she could never believe it.

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nuzo1(m): 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
Una don make op deactivate him account with unnecessary hate and I too know. Especially trying to paint his Swedish girl and other European love struck women as mentally unstable.

No doubt, most Europeans I met always have some measure of guilt when African issues come up and thereby always feel the need to help an African. Heck, a number of Europeans adopt kids in different African countries and send money for their schooling and welfare even without setting eyes on them. I have 2 European ladies friends who does this through a charity organization in their home country.

But when it comes to falling in love, it has nothing to do with pity just like the case of the op and many other people. Reasons are 3 major things :

1. Western culture encourages financial independence, honesty and truth. This is the reason Swedish immigrants of Minnesota are called dumb swedes by Americans. They believe you even when it's obvious you are lying.

These are things most Nigerians have hardly come across all their lives. And when they come across such ladies in Nigeria, these ladies usually come with 5 truckloads of arrogance, disrespect and individualism. And so you know, this is not about color or race but about environment and orientation.

2. Some of their men are not appreciative of their women's love as they feel it ties them down. They are not also family oriented as most Africans or Asians especially Nigerians for the same reason. Heck foreigners are being paid by the government to come and marry their women.

3. Good sex for the most part.

All these aforementioned is heaven for an African men, while the scandinavian women are in shock to what she does differently to deserve so much attention from these third world men.

Reason why some of these marriages crash is:

1. Most Africans marry these women just for greencards. Not for love. And when these ladies find out, they try to get back at these fraudsters using the system.

2. African men tend to become complacent and disrespectful out of "see finish", just like the European men. This becomes a bad memory for the ladies.

3. White women tend to be unattractive as they age and this makes most Africans to begin to cheat. Unlike Nigerian women, this is the ONLY bad thing you can do to an European lady. They so dislike dishonesty.

4. The women are given the same rights as men, and in some cases more than men. And so, some men find it hard to cope with this.

Like I said earlier, it's a culture thing. And not a race or color issue. Nigerian girls born in scandinavian communities behave the same way.

Long story short, poverty and income disparity is the reason such love cannot easily be found in Nigeria.

22 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Smily202(m): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
ladensmith:

which company is that?
where is it located?
is it based on internship...

SkyTraining , website: http://www.skytrainecentre.com.ng/training-courses/
They r located in PH, Lagos. Check the website for more Info.

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Smily202(m): 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
Spylord48:

where did you do the training and like how many months please

PH centre, 6 months.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Smily202(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2017
zolapower:

Please ,can u shared more light on the training ? I'm keenly interested too. The cost,d duration and the center one can acquire this experience.

Depends on the one you choose ; but make sure u have 300k. 6 months duration , least is 4months if ur brain is sharp. They have centre in Lagos Ph, check the website for more details http://www.skytrainecentre.com.ng/training-courses/

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by enoch273: 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
Mzperry:
chai cheesy Thank You

You're welcome.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by 4dor: 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2017
LMohd:
can you shed light on this Sir? I develop android apps.
Thanks.

Do you contribute to open source? Do you test your code extensively? Do you understand patterns like MVP? Hope Kotlin or RxJava is not alien to you? If your answer is yes to these questions and you have apps on Playstore, please start applying for jobs abroad.

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by chukxie(m): 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2017

Brother poverty wear my family facecap, I be first son, my ginger na FULL DEAD...I nor gree, I must break free brotherly...up till now, I still struggle to behave well socially especially during dinners with my wife’s family, who are really upscale professionals in both countries (Sweden and Finland)....I still dey do plenty bushman things sad na God go help me

Bros, this your thread dey sweet me finish. Reading through all your posts is like enjoying a VR version of your odyssey.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Spylord48: 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2017
Smily202:

PH centre, 6 months.
OK thanks
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by BudeYahooCom: 7:38pm On Nov 05, 2017
Op don run
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nigeriadondie: 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
enoch273:

Baba abeg how far! Be like na Sweden you dey, I dey finish school next year I wan leave this hell hole, I need your enlightenment biko, also I need Sweden babe o
No let Pidgin2 hear u ooo call Naija hell hole which is truly a hell hole getting worse than Yemen or Somalia. She dey form patriotic Nigerian.

Nigeria is hopelessly doomed far beyond redemption.

Even d Devil has more hope of making heaven than for naija to better. It is so bleeped.

When u travel out u go see say Naija is worse than a shit or hell hole.

4 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nigeriadondie: 8:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
Nuzo1:
Una don make op deactivate him account with unnecessary hate and I too know. Especially trying to paint his Swedish girl and other European love struck women as mentally unstable.

No doubt, most Europeans I met always have some measure of guilt when African issues come up and thereby always feel the need to help an African. Heck, a number of Europeans adopt kids in different African countries and send money for their schooling and welfare even without setting eyes on them. I have 2 European ladies friends who does this through a charity organization in their home country.

But when it comes to falling in love, it has nothing to do with pity just like the case of the op and many other people. Reasons are 3 major things :

1. Western culture encourages financial independence, honesty and truth. This is the reason Swedish immigrants of Minnesota are called dumb swedes by Americans. They believe you even when it's obvious you are lying.

These are things most Nigerians have hardly come across all their lives. And when they come across such ladies in Nigeria, these ladies usually come with 5 truckloads of arrogance, disrespect and individualism. And so you know, this is not about color or race but about environment and orientation.

2. Some of their men are not appreciative of their women's love as they feel it ties them down. They are not also family oriented as most Africans or Asians especially Nigerians for the same reason. Heck foreigners are being paid by the government to come and marry their women.

All these aforementioned is heaven for an African men, while the scandinavian women are in shock to what she does differently to deserve so much attention from these third world men.

1. Most Africans marry these women just for greencards. Not for love. And when these ladies find out, they try to get back at these fraudsters using the system.

2. African men tend to become complacent and disrespectful out of "see finish", just like the European men. This becomes a bad memory for the ladies.

3. White women tend to be unattractive as they age and this makes most Africans to begin to cheat. Unlike Nigerian women, this is the ONLY bad thing you can do to an European lady. They so dislike dishonesty.

4. The women are given the same rights as men, and in some cases more than men. And so, some men find it hard to cope with this.

Like I said earlier, it's a culture thing. And not a race or color issue. Nigerian girls born in scandinavian communities behave the same way.

Long story short, poverty and income disparity is the reason such love cannot easily be found in Nigeria.

Scandinavians generally are very honest. I can attest to it 100% and that is why that part of the world is d best to live in cos of their honest culture. Infact it is there u will know that honesty truly pays.
There is strong mutual trust that u can live with a scandinavian without fear of losing ur money or being defrauded. Working for dem sweet pass. U re sure u wud never be taken advantage off. And generally crime is low.
Infact, the crimes committed there are often by immigrants not the real indigenes.
Believe life in any Scandinavia is heaven on earth.
As for exploiting them to get papers well it is not easy like that cos they now ve a system in place to make difficult to take advantage of them for just papers.
Believe me if u re dishonest, u ve everything to loose and regret. There is a strong culture of honesty and transparency
Pidgin2 how far.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by gtswt(f): 8:45pm On Nov 05, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Scandinavians generally are very honest. I can attest to it 100% and that is why that part of the world is d best to live in cos of their honest culture. Infact it is there u will know that honesty truly pays.
There is strong mutual trust that u can live with a scandinavian without fear of losing ur money or being defrauded. Working for dem sweet pass. U re sure u wud never be taken advantage off. And generally crime is low.
Infact, the crimes committed there are often by immigrants not the real indigenes.
Believe life in any Scandinavia is heaven on earth.
As for exploiting them to get papers well it is not easy like that cos they now ve a system in place to make difficult to take advantage of them for just papers.
Believe me if u re dishonest, u ve everything to loose and regret. There is a strong culture of honesty and transparency
Pidgin2 how far.

I love honesty.... Wud love to live in a place like this for sure.
Too much bad belle for my area...mtsheew
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by BenNash: 9:12pm On Nov 05, 2017
Nuzo1:

Seriously guy you said everything running through my mind. I don't know why Nigerians are normally like this, I was expecting peeps like that guy to comment when this thread hit front page. The OP was talking about how he found love in a Swedish lady and one ITK came here to talk about how European ladies date Africans out of pity. Seriously that's the most stupid comment I've ever heard on Nairaland and it's the first time I'll hear of such. I wonder what was going through the OP's mind at that time.

4 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2017
BigChillin:

Dudes n dudettes, learn from OP and try to go to the Nordic countries. They are the last bastions of peaceful societies left on earth. BUT PLEASE DON'T GO FVCK SHID UP UP THERE. STAY OUTTA CRIMES AND DRUGS AND SHID. CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING THOSE SOCIETIES UP FOR TAKING YOU IN WHEN YOU GET THERE. They are generally nicer than white folks in other parts of Europe and North America. So be nice to 'em when u get there niggaz n niccas! And like OP said, learn hard core skilled trades like plumbing, electrician, carpenter, painter, mechanic, A/C and refrigeration repair technician, etc. You gone be racking up serious bread with these kinda skills in them Nordic countries, especially if you operate ur hustle solo. Trust me.
what about barbing bro?
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by pansophist(m): 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2017
olaboy1:

Scandinavia is not the place for a black person to rack up bread doing freelancing, it’s codedly racist and I bet you will have trouble finding even 2 clients. The countries have a strong sense of nationalism and if you are not ethnic and local, your chances are next to nothing. Local employers are still wary of employing you, so you could imagine how freelancing is gonna turn out. Tourism is not the best way to understand Scandinavia, you need to live here for like 5years. I have friends in Finland who moved to UK after their masters degrees.

I will put screenshots when I find comments of foreigners whose businesses could not thrive and had to move.

I have lived in Finland for years before moving and I confirm this 100%. One need to look up ''Jante law'' to properly understand how Scandinavian think. It's shameful seeing Africans doing demeaning jobs over there even if they have master degrees. Old men in their 50s does such job, and I just felt deeply sorry and shameful, then I knew it was time to leave after studies.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
imperiouxx:

Problem with Americans is that most are single mothers, old singles or divorcees with no kid.

You see why they will jump on you like ant sees sugar? And an American don't want to hear this is fasting period and no s3x. They believe Africans are strong for that department.
cheesy yoo!!!!!
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by zolapower: 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2017
Smily202:

Depends on the one you choose ; but make sure u have 300k. 6 months duration , least is 4months if ur brain is sharp. They have centre in Lagos Ph, check the website for more details http://www.skytrainecentre.com.ng/training-courses/
Thanks bro ,I really can't appreciate u enough . I have two challenges ,one is the distance and secondly the time . I work in Benin and I'm looking at the possibility of living the job for 6mth . If only there can be job guarantee after the training,I will b so much g8ful.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Ahamefuna0001(m): 1:38am On Nov 06, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
I dont understand ur comment?
Ur moniker says "Nigeriadondie" and I affirmed to it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.