Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? (15462 Views)

Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song / Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade / Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by Meedu(m): 2:08am On Mar 21, 2010
GINO - NO BE GOD? --best rap video/song--
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by semid4lyfe(m): 2:48am On Mar 21, 2010
pappilo:

+1 to this

I was going to write this down and was really suprised to see someone else had mentioned it. Big tune but very slept on maybe cos rap wasnt (and still isnt) very big in Niaja when it was released.

I agree with u. . .the song was heavily slept on but I don't think it was becos rap wasn't big in 9ja then. . .afterall elbow room was on his 1st album (Malcolm IX - The lost Sessions) and it recieved mad airplay on radio & tv whereas Spazmodic was on his 2nd album (Pentium IX - The Mixtape). I think the artistes didn't do enuff to promote the track (I rmbr saying to my bro when I coped the Pentium IX album then that 'so this kain joint dey dis album and na only 'Lagos state of mind', 'gentle wind' and 'pain' I dey hear for radio. . .The video coming out very late didn't help matters too. . .I think this was partly due to the fact that both artistes jointly owned the track & since it was on both their albums, Mode had to chill & wait for Terry to release his album b4 shooting/releasing da video for the song. The video didn't get good airplay on tv too. Don't think I've seen the video more than twice on tv, lol.
pappilo:

In related news my brother semid4lyfe, I for like cop that album, e go dey Alaba? cos I don find am tire.
Hmmm. . . .The track is on both artistes album. . .it's track 11 ön Terry's 'Tha Rapman Beginz' & track 20 on Modenine's 'Pentium IX-The Mixtape' . . .I've got 2 copies of the modenine album and I fit give u one but how we go take do am nah?
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by dkings101(m): 4:40am On Mar 21, 2010
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by biina: 5:24am On Mar 21, 2010
Ruggedman -Ehen! (Part I)
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by bibiking1(m): 8:27am On Mar 21, 2010
I don't know, there's been a lot of new lovely rap songs of late, but i just think I'll stick with Terry Tha Rapman and Pherowshowz- Ekwe(Sample) remix
150 barz by Modenine is also a lovely one, Malcolm IX also was my fave album for a while,
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by mufasa(m): 11:36am On Mar 21, 2010
@topic lets push it back to the best 9ja rap music ever.

1. trybesmen - shake body (original and remix)
2. trybesmen - asiko laye (the one with eldee xtra large)
3. Eldee [Xtra Large] - Individual Style
4. mode nine - elbow room
5. M.I - gbona feli feli (bros dey vex 4 tht one)
6. Terry d rapman/Phero - Ekwe [Sample]
7. Lord of Ajasa - Ma ilo
8. Naeto c -Sittin on Top
9. Ruggedman - Big Bros
10. Dunno if this will fit but i like the jam IGBE MI - D'Prince [off the Mo hits CV album]
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by Kwanlo(m): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2010
M.I's 'Drop it like its hot' 4 sheezy.Dat track is hoooooot
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by felifeli: 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2010
Lord of Ajasa:9ice - Le fenu so

Baddest song I ever heard.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by sulad82i(m): 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2010
Da Grin nii ooo. Pon pon
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by Cmiller(m): 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2010
Mr M.I on Crowd Mentality n Money n Drop it like it's Hot.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by xammy(m): 2:41pm On Mar 21, 2010
If u mention DBanj again for best rap album na Dog go bit ur yanch. Dagrin - all the track
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by Shuku: 2:57pm On Mar 21, 2010
I'll most definitely have to go with MI in I'm Hot rmx. Meeeen, was that track hot. It was, still is , BLAZING HOT!!!.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by obataala(m): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2010
Hard core is the intention,essence of what rap stands for and it is alive both in feeling nd mood.nd truncate ur psychological fantasy cos it releases viberation that is well received. Rap is different from hip-hop.this guy has done something for rap nd needs to b appreciated; Alabai with d sung "dear god".mode9 is. so also naija lyrical genius, my boy; da grin,too lyrical nd funky.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by RuuDie(m): 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2010
Mode 9
Head
Bad man
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by felele(m): 5:33pm On Mar 21, 2010
I no go lie. M.I. good die!!!

I don't know the title, but the song where he takes a bit of several popular contemporary songs and rhymes them into a delightfully poetic lyrical collage is, well, SOLID!!

M. I. it is FOR ME O!!
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by RuuDie(m): 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2010
Sanchez - pick it up (or something like that)
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by paulex: 7:30pm On Mar 21, 2010
ma p'ple, mode-9 is stil #1 naija rapper in terms'f real rap! take it or leave it.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by slimes(m): 7:47pm On Mar 21, 2010
Gino-No bi God
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by Bobbyb(m): 7:58pm On Mar 21, 2010
paulex:

ma p'ple, mode-9 is stil #1 naija rapper in terms'f real rap! take it or leave it.
Ma guy u sabi d game of Rap/Hip-hop, coz according 2 DJ-khaled; when u talk abt d movement nd d project, LOL
MODE 9 is 9ja's best smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley, but also according to 2-shot;Hardcore no dey sell 4 dis country, LMAO!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by sylver1(m): 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2010
M.I - safe
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by lalaboi(m): 8:27pm On Mar 21, 2010
M.I Talk about it or Safe!
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by akonamone(m): 9:04pm On Mar 21, 2010
M.I if the world is fair should be in the top ten best rappers ever in the world. Love that guy like anything!
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by lalaboi(m): 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2010
akonam_one:

M.I if the world is fair should be in the top ten best rappers ever in the world. Love that guy like anything!

Is that the answer to the question ? grin
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by monie(f): 9:14pm On Mar 21, 2010
for me is M.I all the way,crowd mentality is da best
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by idifu(m): 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2010
none
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by puskin: 10:16pm On Mar 21, 2010
DA GRIN. . . .Pon Pon Pon. . . . . . .dat song na FIRE!!!!!!!!!
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by abayorme: 10:34pm On Mar 21, 2010
Its definitely got to be one of rugged man's tracks
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by medjai(m): 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2010
men i'll go back in time. Omode meta; ruff, rugged and raw murdered that track. Africa, mode9 ft. 2face. To me, its mode's dopest track. Waka wiki mcs', eedris, streethop, thoroughbreds, simply a classic. Spazmodic, mode and terry, only heard it once but i know its dope. No be God?Gino, Elbow room, mode9, ruggedy baba, what if, peace and war; rugged man. Round here, sauce kid. Igbe mi, d prince. These are my best in no spelt out order!
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by medjai(m): 10:44pm On Mar 21, 2010
@ tavarez. Where u @ men, u c dis songs wey i put down, u fit just try upload them. I hav some sha but u could upload every. I kno u are a walkin ipod
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by mohid(m): 10:55pm On Mar 21, 2010
Think i ll stick with 'no be God?' gino.reminds me a lot of Warren G and Nate's REGULATE.
Its like a fluke,the writer just gets  it that once by some form of Divine inspiration and  probably never writes or raps anything that phenomenal again.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by mohid(m): 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2010
But of course if the question is best Nigerian rapper yet then its definitely M.I by miles.
Re: What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? by methodman(m): 4:53am On Mar 22, 2010
ALFA SULE, sekesekeseke hula. lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Music: Lyta - Time Ft. Olamide YBNL - Mp3 Audio Lyrics / 2Face Ft T-Pain - My Rainbow Remix / "Praise Medley" Music Video By Kefee (Who Died in June)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.