Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC (12722 Views)

Seen This Unusual Job Advert On Facebook? / Hostcom Recruitment Advert On Dream FM Enugu / Ugandan Hotel Job Advert: Indians & White Persons Are Preferred (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by preciousbaba: 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2018
I don't know while got acknowledge reply and some did not... Anyway it doesn't matter. May be those that replied earlier cos that my guy replied as earlier as 4th of January
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 19, 2018
It's going to be a long read for the recruiters, reviewing lots of submission. So I think we should just exercise a little patience, even though it's not easy for some of us to.
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by preciousbaba: 10:32pm On Jan 20, 2018
Obi411:
It's going to be a long read for the recruiters, reviewing lots of submission. So I think we should just exercise a little patience, even though it's not easy for some of us to.
have we confirm the genuineness of this recruiter. Are they real?
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by preciousbaba: 10:34pm On Jan 20, 2018
Has anyone confirmed their source. It is well
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by preciousbaba: 10:36pm On Jan 20, 2018
Has anyone confirmed this
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by maryrita(f): 9:31am On Jan 24, 2018
EDWINOSAYUKI:

Hello @Merita, have you heard anything from them?
i haven't heard from them as well but i learnt selection is still going on. not sure they have started sending messages. please lets only say things we are sure of. one thing i can assure is that its genuine. moreso, i learnt too many ppl applied and they need just 50 for the various positions so the chances are slim. all the best to all of us who submitted.

2 Likes

Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 24, 2018
maryrita:
i haven't heard from them as well but i learnt selection is still going on. not sure they have started sending messages. please lets only say things we are sure of. one thing i can assure is that its genuine. moreso, i learnt too many ppl applied and they need just 50 for the various positions so the chances are slim. all the best to all of us who submitted.

Even in the 50 slots, less 5 slots (10%) for non-Nigerians and some number for internal staff applying for the positions, too -- you see that we are actually competing for less than 45 slots, going by what was written in the job advert. In the mail sent us for the exercise, I counted and my role comprised about 160 candidates.

It is well.
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by preciousbaba: 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2018
Plus another three stages of interviews after shortlisting....it is well professionalism and grace will count here.
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 02, 2018
Guys, any recent development? I have not heard anything yet.
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by Jeddis: 11:10am On Feb 02, 2018
As for me too, nothing has been heard... The recruiters are taking their time, I think. We should be patient and relaxed. Others that I know who participated in the assignment have not gotten responses too.
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by objonax: 5:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
Please where are we on this? I have received any mail from this people till now. has anyone heard from them?
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by archivaa: 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2018
Am yet to equally receive any mail whatsoever from them..... I guess the 30 working days are over. shocked
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by oxbloodpolish(f): 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
I got a success mail today.
Presentation/Interview to hold at Abuja.
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by maryrita(f): 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
i have been shortlisted for the interview stage, i got the mail today. did anyone else receive their mail.

Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by Jeddis: 4:33pm On Feb 14, 2018
@maryrita, which position did you apply for and what level (manager or officer)? I have not gotten the mail.
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by oxbloodpolish(f): 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
maryrita:
i have been shortlisted for the interview stage, i got the mail today. did anyone else receive their mail.

The attachment isn't necessary. That's a confidential doc to you.
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
Please what role and level did you guys apply to?
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by Estar400: 6:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
I have been shortlisted for the interview stage, I got the mail today. today. The role I applied for was manager - Strategy & Innovation. I hope this helps answer the question asked. All the best everyone.

1 Like

Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by Dinma36(f): 9:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
I was shortlisted too. I applied for Internal control Officer.
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by maryrita(f): 11:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
oxbloodpolish:

The attachment isn't necessary. That's a confidential doc to you.

It's just to.clear the doubts of some ppl who questioned the job, the company, and it's process
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by maryrita(f): 11:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
Jeddis:
@maryrita, which position did you apply for and what level (manager or officer)? I have not gotten the mail.

Strategy and innovations officer.
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by MORACHI3065: 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2018
Please who else has gotten the interview invite for the officer level aside those that applied for strategic and Innovation department....

I applied for the Operations officer role
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by Bigkevna: 3:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
I smell a rat. The Worldwide fortune job is likely to be the conspiracy of some Yahoo boys. I sent a registered letter to the address in Dubai as requested in the application and my application came back returned. i was among the 392 successful candidates given the assignment and recently invited for the presentation.i shared the mail with a friend and he said the language of communication is unprofessional.This guys might be into organ harvest business.
The recent goof noted in the last mail of 14th of February are as follows;
1) In case you are coming for presentation, kindly confirm (Sounds like a Nigerian street guy talking)
2) Send us the final version of your presentation that you will present during your presentation(I don't know a bad speaking Arab that will do this)
3)We were referred to as ""Dear Candidate'", in place of a personalized greeting.
4)No Employer HR will refer to a difficult part of the recruitment process(This is a ploy to encourage us to continue with the process).
5)A presentation of your assignment and defend it (Nigerians are the only ones that do project defense)
6)The bad English and mis-spellings.
7)We now expect you to take the paper you presented to us''(simply use represent on power point).
coolVenue without address(very unprofessional)
9)In case you are coming from outside Abuja, the organisation will pay you fifty thousand(it is embarrassing that a world class organisation will mention any amount to be paid to candidates coming from afar in a letter/ it goes against HR practices)
10) Continuous encouragement of candidates that the process is about to be over.
11) Why will the Group General Manager leave only his first name '"Shama"" and sign same like a stack illiterate.
12) No contact phone number in Nigeria.
13) The second email sent regarding Dubai candidates lacks office address(How can a candidate in Dubai locate them).

Please let us all be very careful in our search for Job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2018
Bigkevna, you should appreciate the fact that you were invited for the interview, unlike some of us that weren't. Before you make spurious allegations, please try and get your facts correct.

Let me take your points one after the other.

1) Will a company not confirm if you will be attending their interview, to make the necessary reservations?

2) Is English the lingua franca of Arabs?

3) 'Dear Candidate', 'Dear Mayowa'... How does either kg them affect a company's credibility? Are you not a candidate for the role applied?

4) Good employers would even give you all the materials you need to ace a recruitment, to attract the best talents from a pool of many. So, telling you the hardest part of the recruitment is another way of motivating you to keep on, so they can get what they desire - the best candidates.

5) How would they ascertain if you were the original author of a paper, if you do not defend it?

6) See No. 2 above.

7) Like seriously, again? Are you applying for the post of an English Teacher with British Council Nigeria?

8. Google is your friend. Besides, you have to confirm your availability first, after which - I believe - another mail would follow.

9) I don't get you, are they to send text messages or just let their prospective candidates assume they will cater for their transport without any surety as to how much extent?

10) See No. 4 above.

11) First names are what many employees are addressed as in many corporate organizations. And perhaps he just likes to be referred as Shana and nothing more, there is room for that. As for the signature - what is that to you? Do you want to forge it or what?

12) The email address you sent your submission to is what? Contact address.

13) How did you submit your CV to them from the onset, if it lacks an address?

I had to type this for the sake of other candidates who might be skeptical because of your misinformation. Please, so long as a recruiter has not asked you to share very private details as well as money, take your time to do a little research and carry on with your application or a recruitment. You sound like one who is comfortable in a job already and can afford to jettison any opportunity you have not realized is. But for some others here, it is their first job, or maybe first after a very long time in active employment. Don't go about discouraging applicants with your suspicions. You are not sure, so you shouldn't.

All the best to the contacted candidates.
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by maryrita(f): 4:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
Bigkevna:
I smell a rat. The Worldwide fortune job is likely to be the conspiracy of some Yahoo boys. I sent a registered letter to the address in Dubai as requested in the application and my application came back returned. i was among the 392 successful candidates given the assignment and recently invited for the presentation.i shared the mail with a friend and he said the language of communication is unprofessional.This guys might be into organ harvest business.
The recent goof noted in the last mail of 14th of February are as follows;
1) In case you are coming for presentation, kindly confirm (Sounds like a Nigerian street guy talking)
2) Send us the final version of your presentation that you will present during your presentation(I don't know a bad speaking Arab that will do this)
3)We were referred to as ""Dear Candidate'", in place of a personalized greeting.
4)No Employer HR will refer to a difficult part of the recruitment process(This is a ploy to encourage us to continue with the process).
5)A presentation of your assignment and defend it (Nigerians are the only ones that do project defense)
6)The bad English and mis-spellings.
7)We now expect you to take the paper you presented to us''(simply use represent on power point).
coolVenue without address(very unprofessional)
9)In case you are coming from outside Abuja, the organisation will pay you fifty thousand(it is embarrassing that a world class organisation will mention any amount to be paid to candidates coming from afar in a letter/ it goes against HR practices)
10) Continuous encouragement of candidates that the process is about to be over.
11) Why will the Group General Manager leave only his first name '"Shama"" and sign same like a stack illiterate.
12) No contact phone number in Nigeria.
13) The second email sent regarding Dubai candidates lacks office address(How can a candidate in Dubai locate them).

Please let us all be very careful in our search for Job.

guy we know your type. You try to discourage others so u can be the undisputed champion. So a yahoo boy or organ harvester will choose a place as popular or dignified as Nicon luxury in Abuja to harvest your organs or scam you!
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by judee27: 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
Uncle Big Kevna stop talking shit , Energy is also known as Global fleet Group the MD is Jimoh Ibrahim owner of NICON , NICON part of their business that’s why the interview is there , if you weren’t shortlisted wish others luck & stop ur crab in the bucket mentality

1 Like

Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by maryrita(f): 10:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
Hahahahahaha
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by Bigkevna: 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2018
We all want good things out of life even as we pray to GOD daily.Why will any right thinking persons not want a better Job or get a Job. Worldwide fortune already has every ones personal details,address, email and so on provided in the resume submitted. Moving forward, provide us with the company website of Worldwide fortune or the office address to help allay the fears we all are feeling. Why will i send a mail to ''"Worldwide fortune DMCC Fortune Tower,Floor 33 Cluster C, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, U.A.E.'"(DMCC- Dubai Multi Commodity Centre) and it was returned with a stamp ""Unclaimed""(i have evidence of my returned letter). We as Nigerians know that a forwarding email is not sufficient without an existing office space. Anyone can register with Dubai Multi Commodity centre with your residency permit, pay 1050 AED and open an office space (This guys failed to do this). Where is the office space of Worldwide fortune in Lagos?, The facebook site was opened in November 2017 and the advert was in November 2017. I have fallen victim of a Job Scam when i traveled to Abuja while some Candidates died while making the Journey. I was inflammed with anger when we were asked to pay 5k for bio-metrics capture for the Job (they had names of important people on the list like Babangida,Obasanjo, Atiku, abdulsalam and so on). The scammers were beaten almost to death and soldiers had to take their half lifeless bodies away. All i ask is for us to convince ourselves on this forum that we are not being scammed. A global fortune 500 company like Worldwide Fortune with innumerable HR from other subsidiaries that can draft world class letters as they do world class business. How can they be having issues with writing a fairly okay letter to their candidates in Nigeria? Please, i appeal that someone should provide us with physical addresse(s) and access to the two linkedin staff of Worldwide fortune. Lastly, i called the Dubai number today and no response +97142427692. Please someone and anyone should convince me credibly.

Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by odigo4real: 5:31am On Feb 17, 2018
how then did we all hear from them?
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by maryrita(f): 9:35am On Feb 17, 2018
Bigkevna:
We all want good things out of life even as we pray to GOD daily.Why will any right thinking persons not want a better Job or get a Job. Worldwide fortune already has every ones personal details,address, email and so on provided in the resume submitted. Moving forward, provide us with the company website of Worldwide fortune or the office address to help allay the fears we all are feeling. Why will i send a mail to ''"Worldwide fortune DMCC Fortune Tower,Floor 33 Cluster C, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, U.A.E.'"(DMCC- Dubai Multi Commodity Centre) and it was returned with a stamp ""Unclaimed""(i have evidence of my returned letter). We as Nigerians know that a forwarding email is not sufficient without an existing office space. Anyone can register with Dubai Multi Commodity centre with your residency permit, pay 1050 AED and open an office space (This guys failed to do this). Where is the office space of Worldwide fortune in Lagos?, The facebook site was opened in November 2017 and the advert was in November 2017. I have fallen victim of a Job Scam when i traveled to Abuja while some Candidates died while making the Journey. I was inflammed with anger when we were asked to pay 5k for bio-metrics capture for the Job (they had names of important people on the list like Babangida,Obasanjo, Atiku, abdulsalam and so on). The scammers were beaten almost to death and soldiers had to take their half lifeless bodies away. All i ask is for us to convince ourselves on this forum that we are not being scammed. A global fortune 500 company like Worldwide Fortune with innumerable HR from other subsidiaries that can draft world class letters as they do world class business. How can they be having issues with writing a fairly okay letter to their candidates in Nigeria? Please, i appeal that someone should provide us with physical addresse(s) and access to the two linkedin staff of Worldwide fortune. Lastly, i called the Dubai number today and no response +97142427692. Please someone and anyone should convince me credibly.
pls stop affecting everyone with your insecurity issues. You have a choice to either attend or not.
Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by nigeriancritic1(m): 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2018
Bigkevna:
FROM MY RESEARCH SO FAR. THE COMPANY KICKED OFF MAY 2017 AS A CONSULTING FIRM TO JIMOH IBRAHIM'S CONGLOMERATES AND OTHER BUSINESS CONCERNS ELSEWHERE. THIS VACANCY IS MEANT TO ASSEMBLE A THINK-THANK OF NIGERIANS AND OTHERS THAT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SOLVING VARIOUS PROBLEMS OF THE CONGLOMERATES AND OTHER SUBSCRIBING COMPANIES ELSEWHERE.
IF EMPLOYED, YOU WILL BE ASSIGNED TASKS DAY TO DAY. THESE TASKS ARE THE CHALLENGES FACING THE SUBSCRIBING COMPANIES INCLUDING THE INTERESTS OF JIMOH IBRAHIM.CHECK LINKEDIN. THEY HAVE 66 FOLLOWERS.
IT IS A CONSULTING FIRM AND AN STRATEGIC OVERSEER PART OF DIFFERENT BUSINESSES OF JIMOH IBRAHIM.

1 Like

Re: Job Advert On Worldwide Fortune DMCC by preciousbaba: 10:19am On Feb 21, 2018
What date are you guys to attend.... I mean the defense date

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diageo Guinness Recruitment / Michael Stevens Consulting April 2018 Fresh Job Recruitment (16 Positions) / 9 Simple Steps To Win The Heart Of Your Potential Employer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.