Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

THE LOST BATTLE - Season Two - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE LOST BATTLE - Season Two (376 Views)

The Lost Innocence (18+) / The Lost Ghost / THE LOST BATTLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE LOST BATTLE - Season Two by Mahorne: 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2017
It's a start of another horrible day, but I feel this time it would be an opportunity for a fresh start for I made myself a promise not to walk the same lonely, sick road as I did. Tried engine myself in domestic activities but the feeling of worthlessness kept crossing my mind. Before It could be tamed, the flood gates of misery came flooding my mind but this time it came with its closest relatives GUILT and ANGER. They devoured my mind
Like it was a piece of wood eaten by a swam of locust. Like fire it consumed the peace of my conscience.

Those who were talking around me were laughing but to me it was all trashy talks. I took a ride back to the unexpected, back to them who I thought to be champions. This time there were more of them demons, but all my blind eyes could see are angels and like the wolves that they are they preyed on the flesh of my conscience. I was back to the garbage I threw away.

I buried my grief in smoke but to my mind all it was about was for the red eyes. In bottles I unleashed my rage and for the moment I felt like a hero but in reality I was in cloud zero. I was so high I never knew how to get to walking. I was doing things that I wasn't doing, saying things but not actually talking, hearing sounds of birds while it was quarrels from the wolf pack I considered friends. I never loved the feeling but the moment was like climbing the stairways to heaven.

Believe it when people tell you words like 'enjoy the moment while it last' for the moment I had while in cloud zero was like been given diamond on a golden plate but in reality it was like the smell of a dunk in a stable. Walking to a stoney cover to sit but my mind played it's best tricks on me, for all I saw was the sit of a king but on reaching my head spined the next moment I was on the floor with a bleeding nostril flowing like water fall. My eyes was cured from its dope blindness so the misery and guilt was accompanied with the scars that would last a life time. I then realized I had driven down the lonely road.

Dope has its powerful magnet that could attract the holiest of men once you get involved in it romantic death trap only but once. It's cuddles are too hard to break free from and it's cages you could not escape. I tried but ended up back into the same well I crawled out off. I had the will to break it's bonds on me but it's grip was too had to let go. I was so lost in the habit, too weak to fight back the war at my door step. I have realized I needed an extra force to fight my battles and come out victorious.......

To Be continued......
Www.flowartworld..com

(1) (Reply)

To Every Boy Child, There's A Poem Attached - Poetry. / Crushed / What The Press Did Not Say About Nelson Mandela's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.