Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (48734 Views)

Best Federal University To Study Engineering / Is Further Mathematics Compulsory To Study Engineering In Nigeria? / Top 10 Universities For Information Technology Career In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by bart10: 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
mathkid:
Oba awon university(OAU) should be no 1 on that list

When did OAU start Engineering compared to Lagos, Nsukka and ABU? Go rest joor...
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by greatsee: 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Desyner: 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
Naijacost22:
You actually put Covenant University that just started engineering 3 years ago and still has no Masters or PHD in engineering. I have a feeling you graduated from Covenant university and that would explain your dumb choice of putting Covenant university on this list.
At degree level or at Msc/Phd level? I think OP clearly stated he was talking about degree level.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by udemzyudex(m): 4:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
Funny enough, they keep producing engineers year in year out and we still can't manufacture anything.

All they know is theory, these guys can build a car with mouth.. Smh
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Henitan24(f): 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
free2ryhme:
all the undergrad and fresh grads come and defend your school

and for those whose schools dont make the list dont even comment just waka pass

you're not serious....I'll make sure I comment. Hope not lost yet.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by 9jaDoc(f): 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
Bros I am sorry for anybody studying eng. in any Naija univ.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by free2ryhme: 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2017
Henitan24:

you're not serious....I'll make sure I comment. Hope not lost yet.

how do you pass in your examinations

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by esmarcq(m): 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2017
I can't find fut Minna in this list, why?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Henitan24(f): 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

how do you pass in your examinations
used my legs cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by MaziOmenuko: 4:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
muller101:
U mean engineering theories. I attended a technical college where University students come over for their industrial training. Most of them mumu die

You will still answer them 'yes sir' when/if you get a reasonable job.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by free2ryhme: 4:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
Henitan24:

used my legs cheesy

****spits and walks out****
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
A Dead School
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Henitan24(f): 4:15pm On Nov 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

****spits and walks out****

same here Prof that takes everything to heart.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
mathkid:
Oba awon university(OAU) should be no 1 on that list

My friend keep quiet. Uniben should be number 1 on the list

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2017
terabyte2015:
It's a lie. Covenant University has the best engineering faculty in Nigeria
Myopic. So do myopic.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Jaydenjohnson(m): 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
mgbadike81:
no university in Nigeria is worth studying computer science or information technology in it worth more of more resources demanding courses like engineering.

You shouldn't comment here. Since you dont even Know what engineering is... Computer science is not an engineering course.... #NonAcadenicStudents
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
You Forget About MAUTECH
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
muller101:
don't reason like this
I'm a graduate of engineering

And I can tell you repair and maintaince is not part of an engineers work load

We are innovators .simple as that
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2017
aren't my business...what shall it profit a young man to finish from this 10 universities and still be dragging bet9ja with undergraduates to earn a living...shameless country

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by sonnie10: 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
Where is UNIPORT
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by mgbadike81: 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jaydenjohnson:

You shouldn't comment here. Since you dont even Know what engineering is... Computer science is not an engineering course.... #NonAcadenicStudents
neither did I say it is,read my comment again but now slowly.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2017
udemzyudex:
Funny enough, they keep producing engineers year in year out and we still can't manufacture anything.

All they know is theory, these guys can build a car with mouth.. Smh
bros I wonder ooo I heard some of them are now mereybets agents and some are lucky enough working in banks

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Jaydenjohnson(m): 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2017
Naijacost22:
You actually put Covenant University that just started engineering 3 years ago and still has no Masters or PHD in engineering. I have a feeling you graduated from Covenant university and that would explain your dumb choice of putting Covenant university on this list.

3years ago LoL... Please get your facts right... Am a graduate of Computer engineering from covenant university 2014 set and my set was not the first. People be spiting out nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Ajimike(m): 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2017
My cousin studied chemical engineering in one of those schools but he don't know how to make candle.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Magnifico2000: 4:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:
Apparently, most universities in Nigeria aren't worth the stress of aquiring a B.sc, B.tech or B.eng from. However, some of these schools have beamed rays of hope that maybe someday, we may compete favourably with the rest of the world as regards technology. These schools include:

1. University of Lagos

2. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife

3. University of Nigeria, Nnsuka

4. University of Ibadan, Ibadan

5. Covenant University, Ota

6. Federal University of Technology, Akure

7. University of Benin, Benin

8. Federal University of Technology, Owerri

9. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria

10. University of Ilorin, Ilorin

Feel free to object constructively.

Where are your facts and figures on this?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
sonnie10:
Where is UNIPORT

Uniport na school?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by 1bunne4lif(m): 4:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
engineering? FEDPONEK IS THE PLACE TO BE
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by bennywyse(m): 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
Op remove Unilorin from the list!

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by SeniorZato(m): 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
jayloms:
Most of these schools still run 18th century curriculum.
Bad boi
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by muller101(m): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
mrvitalis:

I'm a graduate of engineering

And I can tell you repair and maintaince is not part of an engineers work load

We are innovators .simple as that
most can't repair or maintain let alone go into innovation.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by udemzyudex(m): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
sprintscr7:

bros I wonder ooo I heard some of them are now mereybets agents and some are lucky enough working in banks

LOL.. A computer engineer came to me and wanted to fix his laptop, the way he loose the laptop, you will shake your head and the problem he wanted to fix? Ah I didn't believe it.

The system was showing pure white( back light) and no character.

I guess it's all about the certificate, cos someone with even 3months of chip level repair will fix that issue.
Our schools need to step up, I don't know if that's how it suppose to be, but I don't like it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by sonnie10: 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
victorakpabome:

Uniport na school?

No. Na motor park.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

OAU Students Sing 'Soapy' In Class, Lecturer Looks On / Hilarious Final Year Sign Out: Check Photos / FUTO VC Gave A Student A Funny Reply On Twitter (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.