Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (48731 Views)

Best Federal University To Study Engineering / Is Further Mathematics Compulsory To Study Engineering In Nigeria? / Top 10 Universities For Information Technology Career In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

You have clarified my question and I do see them in that light. I'm surprised you don't pretty much as you are that I do.

So my question now, do you see these stuff as indispensable in the study of engineering? If yes the schools you talked about where codes are written on the board still shouldn't be here. My point.

By the way, you sounded as if programming can't be done in already programmed software. Some software are programmed to be used for programming!

first paragraph isn't clearly expressed.

2. One-eyed man is the king in the kingdom of the blind. The other schools are worst. I have friends all over.

3. My response was regards how developed softwares are useful to engineers. It's only in Nigeria that an engineer is expected to carry out the work of a technician, technologist, programmer and an architect alike. In electrical engineering for example, if I'd programme an arduino, I can give the job to my programmer friend and with little supervision and my basic knowledge of programming, we'd get the job done.

I never said programmes can't programme grin

C++, C#, phyton, java and all are developed softwares by vast programmers and what they do is programme.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Duru009(m): 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
osothermal:
try futa

Lol

UNIBEN is one of the first generational Universities in Nigeria.

You cannot even compare!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
DopeBoss:
Is it dat u just feel lyk quoting me or u didn't read my comment b4 quotingundecided.. Check again i said it's the first petroleum university in africaundecided

I think being the first has not really helped it because no one knows it in Nigeria, talk more of Africa.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by uptohim2: 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
muller101:
U mean engineering theories. I attended a technical college where University students come over for their industrial training. Most of them mumu die

Hmmm, in what exactly did they mumu? Do you really know what engineering means? I understand your type. Just like the guy that said MAPOLY and YABATECH are better than all the universities in engineering. Please don't fight it. Know your place a a technician. Engineers are not technicians. They design and the technicians fix it. Of course they have where they fix. But don't judge an engineer by his inability to manually screw in a quick connect pipe. His part is to tell you the torque and how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Mofe72: 7:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
bid4rich:

Why the hatred!
I am not from there neither did I graduate from there but stop the hatred. The criteria is not how and when they start neither is it by masters nor phd but by the equipment on ground. Not just equipment but modern equipment. Pls find out what is obtainable before passing your put a comment.

God bless

Are you answering him?

As at my 100L (2011/2012) engineering students were even graduating.
Meaning those ones entered 2006.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Mofe72: 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2017
Naijacost22:
You actually put Covenant University that just started engineering 3 years ago and still has no Masters or PHD in engineering. I have a feeling you graduated from Covenant university and that would explain your dumb choice of putting Covenant university on this list.

There are Ph.D holders from the school of engineering stop lying.
M.Eng. too.

Stop lying
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by 1234onyekwe: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
sprintscr7:
aren't my business...what shall it profit a young man to finish from this 10 universities and still be dragging bet9ja with undergraduates to earn a living...shameless country
laugh won kill me.O boy this ur statement na die. grin
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by DopeBoss(m): 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

I think being the first has not really helped it because no one knows it in Nigeria, talk more of Africa.
I dnt have time for ignorance, hw cn u say no one in nigeria knws it, talk for urself only nt everyone, Since u dnt knw it abeg goan google d schundecided
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by muller101(m): 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
uptohim2:

Hmmm, in what exactly did they mumu? Do you really know what engineering means? I understand your type. Just like the guy that said MAPOLY and YABATECH are better than all the universities in engineering. Please don't fight it. Know your place a a technician. Engineers are not technicians. They design and the technicians fix it. Of course they have where they fix. But don't judge an engineer by his inability to manually screw in a quick connect pipe. His part is to tell you the torque and how to go about it.
I see how they design in those universities mentioned. Working on principles and theories already proven.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by kaymical(m): 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
free2ryhme:

lol, bros what's ur own self

products of a failed system
see dem nothing meaningful to comment
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by harsysky(m): 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
op does not knw the meaning of school n education
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by thundafire: 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
XXLDICK:
Add Unizik (Nnamdi Azikiwe University)

Their engineering department made a bus, a bike, an F1 race car among many other things
those toys if it was in America dey supervisor will put u on 2 years probation for wasting his time
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2017
DopeBoss:
I dnt have time for ignorance, hw cn u say no one in nigeria knws it, talk for urself only nt everyone, Since u dnt knw it abeg goan google d schundecided

It's an hyperbolic statement, learn to learn bro.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by DopeBoss(m): 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

It's an hyperbolic statement, learn to learn bro.
There's No Need For Unneccesary Commentundecided..Bro Next Time Stay Off My Mention..
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
DopeBoss:
There's No Need For Unneccesary Commentundecided..Bro Next Time Stay Off My Mention..

Bad blood grin
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by sirxbit(m): 7:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
victorakpabome:

My friend keep quiet. Uniben should be number 1 on the list
Which uniben?
The uniben am currently studying in or another one?
Im currently in 400l I have not done any reasonable practical.
Abi na ELA be practical?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by mustafa006: 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
jayloms:
Most of these schools still run 18th century curriculum.
thank u my broda and this is one of the reasons the rest of the world have left us behind
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by thesmallgod(m): 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
remove UI and put Lautech. despite the fact that the school is under funded you can compare their faculty of Engineering with UI. they have just Seven department under engineering
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by sirxbit(m): 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
victorakpabome:

We are talking of Universities and you are mentioning polytechnic. How disrespectful angry
Am currently studying engineering in uniben and I can boldly tell u that poly beat and university hands down as far as engineering is concerned.
Did my nd1/in ogwashuku poly b4 I gained admission to uniben. So I know wat am talking abt
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
Guys Nigeria as a whole is scam....I gladly registered to study computer engineering in UNILAG but when I got there...I noticed they teach electrical engineering to computer engineering students...as in we were forced to do it..we ve no option....cos. The household name is Electrical engineering under it we have computer engineering so literally...we learnt nothing from computer engineering itself...they use mouth to teach computer programning like c++, only c++ we did...no java or c sharp or c....sharp students as we re ..we went outside school to various centers to perfect and learn our programming very well...cos if we waited for unilag....God knows...so I dont agree that unilag is the best...and also..to me that list should be empty...no Nigerian schools is worth to teach engineering....if you studied engineering like I did...and you can make a calculator I dont mean scientific but normal addition and minus..pls raise ur hands....after we all sweated in making our projects..later later they threw it away in the dustbin...I mean potentials re In those project that could change Nigeria forever...but those ones threw it away...and they keep throwing it away set by set....wen we go for lab experiments...we use faulty machines all the time...after struggling to get ur readings...they will then tell you to scrap those readings...and they will give you their own readings...I mean the lab attendants does that all the time...they will tell you...they want you to have an idea on how is it done...well...any Nigerian that study engineering in any of those stated university above...ain't dumb...in fact if they re given the opportunity to study it abroad..my brother...all of them will pack first class...I mean they train us in harsh condition to learn engineering...they re even some calculative exams like Fourier and laplace...we werent allowed to use calcultor...bro...tell me...we then have somebody like prof mowete who can dash out of a class of 70...40 people F's..infact lemme stop cos if I continue I can't finish...the lie is too much and unbearable...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by ezesun(m): 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2017
mathkid:
Oba awon university(OAU) should be no 1 on that list
Come to UI and you will see that 'RERE NI OLUWA'. Oba awon University ko.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by crownbayo(m): 8:21pm On Nov 03, 2017
moscobabs:
Yabatech and Ibadan poly are better in Engineering than all these so called Universities
koret! out of this university student can't stand with poly Ibadan student oo, most especially in practical

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by directonpc(m): 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

Say watin oga?
i am an ambassador of Benue
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

first paragraph isn't clearly expressed.

2. One-eyed man is the king in the kingdom of the blind. The other schools are worst. I have friends all over.

3. My response was regards how developed softwares are useful to engineers. It's only in Nigeria that an engineer is expected to carry out the work of a technician, technologist, programmer and an architect alike. In electrical engineering for example, if I'd programme an arduino, I can give the job to my programmer friend and with little supervision and my basic knowledge of programming, we'd get the job done.

I never said programmes can't programme grin

C++, C#, phyton, java and all are developed softwares by vast programmers and what they do is programme.

Noted
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by tolesky(m): 9:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
victorakpabome:

Bikes whose battery life can only last 10 minutes. That one na bike? Abeg shift
Which one ur school make?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Digitron: 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
ottohan:

pls dont even include FUT minna...

I remenber when I was in final year, acertain lecturer from FUT minna came to our school for sabbatical...Dr. Nwohu, the guy was using a brown old note book and was still refering to capacitor by its old name condenser..chai, I tire fr dat man.

I must know you, na electrical u dey abi Electronics

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by DangotePikin: 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
Naijacost22:
You actually put Covenant University that just started engineering 3 years ago and still has no Masters or PHD in engineering. I have a feeling you graduated from Covenant university and that would explain your dumb choice of putting Covenant university on this list.
What do you gain by spewing lies on Nairaland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by matrixme(m): 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nigerians deceiving themselves since they invented sliced bread. Since Engineering was brought down to Nigerian Universities from obodo oyinbo, what have the professors themselves invented that has improved the lives of the average citizens? Ordinary power bank, mba. We still buy from China.
We have been living in darkness since independence and drive tokunbo vehicles from abroad, yet Nigerian engineers have not thought it wise to take a cue from the norm and create something we can all appreciate and be proud of.
Shame on all who call themselves engineers and their professors in all Nigerian Universities. Let's face it, they are all bunch of quacks!

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by habsydiamond(m): 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
Na only private school get better equipments to study for this country. Na only theory public schools sabi teach..... make dem dey use book teach how to fix bulb and to fix fuse....
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by ottohan: 10:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
Digitron:

I must know you, na electrical u dey abi Electronics
Lol..
electrical
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by lastmessenger: 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
Duru009:

Covenant University don't even run masters degree in engineering talkless of Ph.D. Thy are still a baby in the field of engineering in Nigeria!
please check their website. No point arguing

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ibrahim Waziri Jnr: The HND Graduate From Nigeria Who Earned A Phd In America / OAU Students Sing 'Soapy' In Class, Lecturer Looks On / Hilarious Final Year Sign Out: Check Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.