Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (48733 Views)

Best Federal University To Study Engineering / Is Further Mathematics Compulsory To Study Engineering In Nigeria? / Top 10 Universities For Information Technology Career In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by celestialAgent(m): 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2017
mfm04622:

Before you asked for what the school had produced, ask how much was given for RESEARCH! Not for teaching, but research. We forget that Universities are meant to research and teach.
My question is: Why mention them as top when we know they are all shallow?

Despite all the thousands of engineering graduates these schools has produced, 100% of their electric device are either from China or Japan. So what makes them worthy of being associated with the word top?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

No, it isn't. The scope of engineering is broad and programming isn't an integral part of it, although, it's basic knowledge may be useful.

Tell me one Engineering program you will run without mastering at least one engineering software in your general engineering courses
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

That's correct. I think Statsocial once gave a list of that during his usual session of selling CU to the world. I felt uncomfortable cos one of the few meaningful projects amongst others is closely related to my ND project back in the polytechnic. The project is solar powered refrigerator with an inverter.

Let's not go too far; the worth of the research is evident in the publications, their reach, and impact, which is one thing CU has got over many Nigerian schools in recent times.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Duru009(m): 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

Why not verify yourself and share evidence here

You can do that research on your own. Thy are one of few Universities in west African still doing student exchange program with the best Universities in America and UK.
The best engineers in TOTAL, SHELL, Sahara energy and elf in Nigeria 75% of them are product of UNIBEN.
Most oil companies in Nigeria prefer UNIBEN engineers.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
Duru009:

You can do that research on your own. Thy are one of few Universities in west African still doing student exchange program with the best Universities in America and UK.
The best engineers in TOTAL, SHELL, Sahara energy and elf in Nigeria 75% of them are product of UNIBEN.

I am one of them.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 6:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
Duru009:

The average Nigerian for you. You come online and spill unverifiable stories, and then tell someone who is questioning their validity to go and find out for him self. On who does the burden of proof lie
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
Duru009:

And to your list; you didn't add world bank, google, apple, KPMG, UN, US Navy and Department of state security. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Duru009(m): 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

And to your list; you didn't add world bank, google, apple, KPMG, UN, US Navy and Department of state security. Nonsense!

Engineers!!!

Go n die!!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Duru009(m): 6:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

Thy are the best!!

If you don't like it.....

Jump into the lagoon n dieeeeeee!!!!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2017
Duru009:

Keep talking nonsense!

Five of my brothers are all engineers but only one went to UNIBEN. Thy all work in different oil Companies in Nigeria......

Shuup ur stupid loud mouth!!!

Should I now start exchanging insults with you Shallow mind. Bye!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

Tell me one Engineering program you will run without mastering at least one engineering software in your general engineering courses

I don't want to believe you see matlab, auto cad, proteus, mutism, etc as programming but rather as programmed softwares by computer scientists to ease life for engineers. Your response is vague so if I've not clarified your question, feel free to ask again bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by kayc0(f): 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

Let's not go too far; the worth of the research is evident in the publications, their reach, and impact, which is one thing CU has got over many Nigerian schools in recent times.

Maybe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
OP,for your mind. No need to talk further. My alma mater products dey do doggedly good for engineering across the globe.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by lastmessenger: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
Naijacost22:
You actually put Covenant University that just started engineering 3 years ago and still has no Masters or PHD in engineering. I have a feeling you graduated from Covenant university and that would explain your dumb choice of putting Covenant university on this list.
don't rush to comment. You can run your masters and doctorate in engineering in covenant university if you have your money
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
HARKsmart:
I'd this one a list. Where is LAUTECH?

Lautech is a good school but unfortunately, one of the least funded schools in Nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by bhankymyk(m): 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
Sirakj:
Lautech
Lau wetin
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
Duru009:
University of Benin is the best university in Nigeria to study Engineering.

Thy have world renowned professors in the field of Engineering in the whole of West Africa....

You can verify this from NUC or the Nigeria society of engineers for records!.

Verify first the number of times your school has lost accreditation of some engineering courses in the last 10 years. Be sure to return and clear this comment after knowing the truth. Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
uwabuwa888:
If they are not worth mentioning....Nigeria greatest problems is the Engineering sector. How? ,Answer, Degree Engineer can't even design or formulate, explain a design theory of the imported theories( can't solve exam question), yet the graduate because, you can't afford to see a child wasting their parents money on the basis of prolonging their stays in University...diplomas' Engineers can't even differentiate 13 and 14 spammers...hahaha the greatest achievement is the "ENGR" you see with their Names..My friend while on I.T training was called by a White Engineer as "Paper Engineer "...Nigerian send moneys importing machine..after you also import its technicians, at worst you end up importing the products itself, as the costs of machine and technicians are high and also delaying,..

Where do you meet the chunk of dullards you call engineers? You've never meet an engineer bro, look elsewhere.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Duru009(m): 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

Verify first the number of times your school has lost accreditation of some engineering courses in the last 10 years. Be sure to return and clear this comment after knowing the truth. Cheers.

This is a big lie....

UNIBEN remain the best in Engineering in Nigeria.

Take it or leave it!!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Duru009(m): 6:50pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

Should I now start exchanging insults with you Shallow mind. Bye!

You have nothing absolutely to say!

Shup upp!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 03, 2017
Duru009:

This is a big lie....
Take it or leave it!!
lol. I'm leaving it grin
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Duru009(m): 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

lol. I'm leaving it grin

U better take it!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 03, 2017
Duru009:

U better take it!
Aiit bro, I've taken it. grin grin
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 6:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

I don't want to believe you see matlab, auto cad, proteus, mutism, etc as programming but rather as programmed softwares by computer scientists to ease life for engineers. Your response is vague so if I've not clarified your question, feel free to ask again bro.

You have clarified my question and I do see them in that light. I'm surprised you don't pretty much as you are that I do.

So my question now, do you see these stuff as indispensable in the study of engineering? If yes the schools you talked about where codes are written on the board still shouldn't be here. My point.

By the way, you sounded as if programming can't be done in already programmed software. Some software are programmed to be used for programming!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Mofe72: 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2017
Naijacost22:
You actually put Covenant University that just started engineering 3 years ago and still has no Masters or PHD in engineering. I have a feeling you graduated from Covenant university and that would explain your dumb choice of putting Covenant university on this list.

See this ignorant one.
Have you been inside Covenant University.
Did you study or lecture there?
Just be spilling lies from your mouth.
Lai Mohammed.

CU has been running accredited engineering courses for over 10 years.

Don't be peddling lies.

SMH

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Duru009(m): 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

Aiit bro, I've taken it. grin grin

Nice one!!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Duru009(m): 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
lastmessenger:
don't rush to comment. You can run your masters and doctorate in engineering in covenant university if you have your money

Covenant University don't even run masters degree in engineering talkless of Ph.D. Thy are still a baby in the field of engineering in Nigeria!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by osothermal(m): 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
Duru009:

This is a big lie....
Take it or leave it!!
try futa
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by osothermal(m): 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
Best school of engineering is FUTA
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by DopeBoss(m): 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

What is a FUPRE please?
Is it dat u just feel lyk quoting me or u didn't read my comment b4 quotingundecided.. Check again i said it's the first petroleum university in africaundecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

OAU Students Sing 'Soapy' In Class, Lecturer Looks On / Hilarious Final Year Sign Out: Check Photos / FUTO VC Gave A Student A Funny Reply On Twitter (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.