Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (48745 Views)

Best Federal University To Study Engineering / Is Further Mathematics Compulsory To Study Engineering In Nigeria? / Top 10 Universities For Information Technology Career In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

The university where engineering students write codes on paper instead of using systems and sending it to an IP address?

No way bro

Lool, so why are they even on the list at all
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by muller101(m): 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
mrvitalis:

If you went to university you would know practical is not important anyone can be train to do that
I went to a University. But getting the practical aspect of what u are studying is extremely necessary. Especially in a country like ours
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ajimike:
My cousin studied chemical engineering in one of those schools but he don't know how to make candle.

Chemical engineering isn't abt making candles dear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by OmoDavido(m): 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
finest0007:

I hope you feel good about yourself now. cool

So you are now playing the Mr nice guy card now after calling me "Fish brain".

I hope it makes you feel good too.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

I believe the prospect of engineering at Covenant University is encouraging and may take over in years to come due to proper funding and researches being carried out.

That's if they've not taken over already
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Walelavender(m): 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
Obviously this ranking is not based on a thorough research. OP help me answer the following few questions.

How experienced and exposed are their lecturers/technologists?

How equipped are their laboratories/workshop?

How many of their products are doing well in the (Engineering) field?

How much of research grants do they get yearly, from international institutions?

How sound and productive is their Post-graduate School?

Let me stop here. grin
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

What's this please?
Jimeta Yola,Adamawa State.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
muller101:
I went to a University. But getting the practical aspect of what u are studying is extremely necessary. Especially in a country like ours
That's a personal choice
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by HARKsmart(m): 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
I'd this one a list. Where is LAUTECH?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

Chemical engineering isn't abt making candles dear.

Don't mind that he-goat
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Mubarak55(m): 5:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
My university is missing jor. Bayero University Kano. Far far better than covenant university. Am. A proud student of the department of Agricultural and Environmental Engineering der at least my school suppose dey number 10 bad as e bad
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

That's if they've not taken over already

Nothing outstanding has been recorded for now.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

Lool, so why are they even on the list at all

Engineering isn't all about programming and as funny as it may sound, most schools around are like that except for a few.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by excel127(m): 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
Mubarak55:
My university is missing jor. Bayero University Kano. Far far better than covenant university. Am. A proud student of the department of Agricultural and Environmental Engineering der at least my school suppose dey number 10 bad as e bad
Pls with a degree in that course, where can you work??
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Lumig: 5:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
What is UI doing in the list? Remember Engineering is not medical Sciences and law
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by danchuzzy(m): 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
XXLDICK:
Add Unizik (Nnamdi Azikiwe University)

Their engineering department made a bus, a bike, an F1 race car among many other things

They have a department called engineering?

Hmm
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

But bro, these databases give elaborate description of their ranking parameters, inclusion and exclusion criteria and even shortcoming of their methodologies

I would have loved to troll that path too but going through the stress isn't really worth it. I'm sure it wouldn't change anything either because the subject is a broad one and its argument is unending.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Duru009(m): 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
University of Benin is the best university in Nigeria to study Engineering.

Thy have world renowned professors in the field of Engineering in the whole of West Africa....

You can verify this from NUC or the Nigeria society of engineers for records!.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

Lool who is that guy, the guy must know facts.

I wouldn't say much on that cos you exaggerated, but as far as Nigeria is concerned; Covenant is a school to beat. In fact, majority of you know this but its just hard to admit.

Let me add a quick one: Very soon it's only aa school of ABUAD that you would be able to mention when you're talking about CU in Nigeria.

Covenant University along side a few other private schools would eventually overturn their counterparts owned by government, it's simply a matter of time. Government owned schools have lost it all; only a state of emergency declared on tertiary education can revamp the lost glory.

I'm convinced Covenant and co would be greater but for now, they would all lock horns and obviously, some horns are stronger than others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

I would have loved to troll that path too but going through the stress isn't really worth it. I'm sure it wouldn't change anything either because the subject is a broad one and its argument is unending.

But in any case, it would have made your points more verifiable and therefore; strong.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by uwabuwa888: 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
If they are not worth mentioning....Nigeria greatest problems is the Engineering sector. How? ,Answer, Degree Engineer can't even design or formulate, explain a design theory of the imported theories( can't solve exam question), yet the graduate because, you can't afford to see a child wasting their parents money on the basis of prolonging their stays in University...diplomas' Engineers can't even differentiate 13 and 14 spammers...hahaha the greatest achievement is the "ENGR" you see with their Names..My friend while on I.T training was called by a White Engineer as "Paper Engineer "...Nigerian send moneys importing machine..after you also import its technicians, at worst you end up importing the products itself, as the costs of machine and technicians are high and also delaying,..
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

Engineering isn't all about programming and as funny as it may sound, most schools around are like that except for a few.

It is to a great extent. In fact, everything is becoming about programming from architecture to physics to even "molecular biology"!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

Covenant University along side a few other private schools would eventually overturn their counterparts owned by government, it's simply a matter of time. Government owned schools have lost it all; only a state of emergency declared on tertiary education can revamp the lost glory.

I'm convinced Covenant and co would be greater but for now, they would all lock horns and obviously, some horns are stronger than others.

The point is that they've already done so (or should I say are already doing so). Many rankings indicate that
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
Statsocial:
Wouldn't you be happy if it did?
I'll have decided this if u had.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
amliftedhigher:
What is the need of studying engineering in Nigerian universities when they will visit PTI to see practical machines after many years of theory. Why don't they get to PTI study your course graduate and get work? No wonder some employees prefer PTI ND to masters degree in order to get promotion

Best of luck at PTI.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
Mubarak55:

How did you know

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

The point is that they've already done so (or should I say are already doing so). Many rankings indicate that

Your point is well understood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
writerights:

Nothing outstanding has been recorded for now.

As compared to their Nigerian counterparts
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
Duru009:
University of Benin is the best university in Nigeria to study Engineering.

Thy have world renowned professors in the field of Engineering in the whole of West Africa....

You can verify this from NUC or the Nigeria society of engineers for records!.

Why not verify yourself and share evidence here
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by tishbite41(m): 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
Statsocial:

Lol what are you saying When any of those schools can top in just one research topic globally then they should come back here and brag. For your information Covenant is the number one University in Renewable energy(wind), Corrosion and Carbon steel in the world. Go ask Elsevier
What has your public universities got to offer?

TheVictorious pls don't mind them jare. I would give it to Covenant and Abuad most of these public Universities are just all about nonsense theories the rest na just name.
no matter what you think, dere re levels to dis shi.t
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

It is to a great extent. In fact, everything is becoming about programming from architecture to physics to even "molecular biology"!

No, it isn't. The scope of engineering is broad and programming isn't an integral part of it, although, its basic knowledge may be useful.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheVictorious:

As compared to their Nigerian counterparts

That's correct. I think Statsocial once gave a list of that during his usual session of selling CU to the world. I felt uncomfortable cos one of the few meaningful projects amongst others is closely related to my ND project back in the polytechnic. The project is the design and construction of a solar powered refrigerator with an inverter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obidients Get Ready To Retire Sanwo-olu / Nigerian Student Breaks A 50yr Record In Japan,Graduates With Ist Class(photos) / 'Money Heist': UNIBEN Accounting Final Year Students In Spanish Series Costume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.