Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations (12717 Views)

Atiku In Enugu, Meets Igbo Leaders / Southwest On Standby As Igbo Leaders Protest Obi’s Choice As Atiku Running Mate / Buhari In Benue: Tiv People Not Happy With You – Akume Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by eyeview: 7:46am On Nov 04, 2017
Sanchez01:

Not like the thread concerns me but the truth is that South East leaders don't have developmental plans, save for Umahi and Ebonyi state.

I used to think Obiano had plans for Anambra but the man fancy propaganda beyond true developments.

Abia state is a write-off despite walking the path of an economic state.

Enugu state governor had just one mandate; maintain the good deeds of Sullivan Chime, but no, he towed the path of neglect and would rather organise fasting and prayer alongside every Phyno concert at the Stadium. Refuse dump centres are fast showing up in strategic areas in the only two developed local governments in the state and no one is saying a thing.

Just recently, a sink hole surfaced at New Haven junction and forces all vehicles into using just a route. Rotary club fixed the road with all diligence while 'Gburugburu' came all out after two weeks to 'commission' the road!

Imo... Well, I don't need to say a thing about that one.

I don't know how else to best describe a people so fortunate to have been blessed with the kind of governors they have now.

In plain English language, the South East has no developmental blue print. Umahi might have one but I sure as hell believe no other South Eastern governor has one.
The reference was not just about the present governors but their leaders in general and in history. You are just referring to governors of just two years apart from Rochas. Even with the present govts, give it to anambra and ebonyi. Enugu, Imo have had past govs who had clear blueprint for development
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Imo1stson: 8:15am On Nov 04, 2017
Imo is developing well. There is clear blueprint which Okorocha is working with but not well covered by media. He has built a new cargo Airport with cold store warehouses for perishables and has earmarked an area in Ohaji/Egbema for modern industrial park which was one of the reasons President Zuma came with South African business men. There is also an ongoing power plant at Egbema.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Imo1stson: 8:29am On Nov 04, 2017
SUBJECT: GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA EXPLAINS WHY SOUTH AFRICAN PRESIDENT, MR JACOB ZUMA IS VISITING IMO

The governor also explained the reasons behind the expected visit of the South African President, Mr. Jacob Zuma to his state on Friday, October 13, 2017, stating that the important part of the visit is that Rochas Foundation and Zuma Foundation will be signing MoU, for them to jointly work on education for the indigent children in Africa.

He continued “We are also looking at partnership for the Egbema Industrial Park. We are also looking at the possibility of the Africa Union University which has a lot to do with Rochas Foundation. We are hoping that by the time he visits, arrangement must have gone half way into the management of the International Cargo Airport which South African Airline has indicated interest in its management. The chairman of South African Airline is also coming to look at the airport.”

He added “My dream is to see the International Cargo Airport kickoff. I pray it kicks off because when it does, half of our economic problems would have been solved. The International Cargo Airport and our green farm project which is coming up now with the Mexicans. And with the Industrial Park coming up, then we are fine. It will be easy for investors to proceed to anywhere in the world. One of the major conditions investors are giving is that they will like the cargo airport to commence, especially the Mexicans who want to invest in the green farms”.

He further explained “South African Airline will do us a lot of good if they will take up the management of the Imo International Cargo Airport. This is one of the reasons for his coming as you know, presidents do not go where they don’t have business interest.”

He said “The most important part of the visit is that Rochas Foundation and Zuma Foundation will be signing MoU for us to jointly work on education for indigent children of Africa. As you are aware, Rochas Foundation College of Africa has commenced and the foundation will be signing MoU with Zuma Foundation to cater for the education of the under privileged African children”.

Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 04, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Igbos should simply go home. The migration to SW is too much thus affecting the infrastructure.

sorry.. the migration never even start..you dey complain. sad

they will take over lagos state before your very eyes and nothing will happen..you will only complain and get "likes".

don't understand how you guys are seeing reality but still chose to believe "your" propaganda .

anything that make you guys feel good... for us. we don't need propaganda to see.

keep complainn while they keep riding..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Imo1stson: 8:37am On Nov 04, 2017
These are some of the massive cold store warehouses for perishables at the new cargo Airport when they were under construction.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by IkpuMmadu: 8:39am On Nov 04, 2017
stanluiz:
cc ikpummadu

These kids....una think say I get una time....doubling hutsle no time for mgbati mgbati....money would be made in Lagos and repatriated home

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Imo1stson: 8:39am On Nov 04, 2017
Site earmarked for the industrial park at Egbema.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by IkpuMmadu: 8:42am On Nov 04, 2017
bonnylight003:

they will take over lagos state before your very eyes and nothing will happen..you will only complain and get "likes".

don't understand how you guys are seeing reality but still chose to believe "your" propaganda .

anything that make you guys feel good... for us. we don't need propaganda to see.

We must enjoy one Nigeria to the fullest .... So onitsha , Enugu, Awka, Owerri isn't developed, Umuahia, Oguta isn't developed..
We have to ensure that we keep our economies in our hands and have a big chunk of outside economies ...and repatriate the money home....so nnewi isn't developed

One Nigeria ......we would enjoy the one Nigeria , this is just a beginning

Keep lamenting

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by IkpuMmadu: 8:47am On Nov 04, 2017
kn23h:

Show me stats.

Stats suggest that Yorubas are comfortable and rich people.

It's not everyone that lives in a mansion is rich neither are those that live in small houses poor. This is a lesson in life that every man must understand.

Your mentality is deeply disturbing.

Don't mind them, whereas we know that the level of poverty we see in osun, ekiti etc oh I forgot

Every Yoruba man is a lagosian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 04, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

We must enjoy one Nigeria to the fullest .... So onitsha , Enugu, Awka, Owerri isn't developed, Umuahia, Oguta isn't developed..
We have to ensure that we keep our economies in our hands and have a big chunk of outside economies ...and repatriate the money home....so nnewi isn't developed

Keep lamenting

which song be this?
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 04, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

Keep lamenting

Oga... wetin you talk..
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by MXrap: 8:51am On Nov 04, 2017
This is an easy way to decipher dead states across Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by IkpuMmadu: 8:53am On Nov 04, 2017
bonnylight003:

which song be this?

The song of remix ....we are enjoying one Nigeria....and it favours Igbo the most , divide Nigeria it still favours Igbo also the most

Igbo to me are enigmatic

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by IkpuMmadu: 8:55am On Nov 04, 2017
MXrap:
This is an easy way to decipher dead states across Nigeria

Out of top ten we have three Igbo states and one Yoruba ....I don't consider Lagos Yoruba due to influx of migrants and federal presence

So what are they yapping

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 04, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

The song of remix ....we are enjoying one Nigeria....and it favours Igbo the most , divide Nigeria it still favours Igbo also the most

Igbo to me are enigmatic

okay
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Lloydfather(m): 9:21am On Nov 04, 2017
kn23h:

That's why most Ibos don't want Biafra. An Enugu man can never govern Imo. Unlike Lagos where an Ondo man is currently the governor.
how many Osun men has govern OYO or how many Ogun men has govern Ekiti, when we say Lagos is no mans land u will be the first to attack us

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Sanchez01: 9:24am On Nov 04, 2017
eyeview:

The reference was not just about the present governors but their leaders in general and in history. You are just referring to governors of just two years apart from Rochas. Even with the present govts, give it to anambra and ebonyi. Enugu, Imo have had past govs who had clear blueprint for development
I have never seen or known a governor who plays the media game like Obiano.

Anambra had the potentiality to excel as a state but with a man as Obiano at its helm, believe me, it would be one vicious cycle.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 04, 2017
bonnylight003:

What is the reality please? Enlighten me.
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 04, 2017
jomonic:

Our play field is beyond Igbo land. We will develop Igbo land definitely. But we must get our politics right. Our politics is currently burdened by an oppressive Nigeria state that hates core Igbo values of merit, fairness and equality. Very soon Tony Nwonye will take over in Anambra and it will be a 50/50 chance. We pray he walks the part of Ngige rather than Rochas. This way our opponents will be disappointed. Otherwise we will still await the opportune time to get our true leader not the one influenced by Nigeria. Meanwhile we will continue to migrate to other parts of Nigeria where opportunities abound.

If the migration continues without developing igbo land, then igbos would continue to be looked upon with suspicion and scorn. Already, igbos are referred to as 2nd class citizens. It is very important for igbos to go back home. Well, I think the igbos would never listen so what is my own? Just continue the payment of taxes to the governments of other wise ethnic groups.Future generation of Igbos must pay for the folly of this present generation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by joeyfire(m): 9:45am On Nov 04, 2017
kn23h:
The topic was deleted for no reason, but I will recreate the clean version.

Today, Ibadan, Lagos, Ogun and even Osun all have masterplans to develop their land. Why don't Ibos have the same plan? Why do they rely on FG to come up with a plan to develop the SE?

Which region in Nigeria has leaders who "develop" their place? South West and Northern leaders are the most guilty of under developing their regions.

What develops a region is private sector efforts backed up by Federal and State government infrastructure such as power, good roads, railways etc. The federal government has been giving and still giving roads, railways, dams, irrigation etc to the north and south west yet those two regions are still largely backward and underdeveloped.

In a place like Anambra the state infrastructure is generally good and the private sector is vibrant. There is almost no existing federal infrastructure there...Is there any place in the south west as vibrant economically as Anambra? No call Lagos o!!

No long tin. Your attempt to spin a soul searching article by an Igbo son is dead on arrival. It has no bearing on development, the article is referring to vices among igbo political leaders who as events and current news has shown are not half as corrupt as their south west or northern counterparts.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Lloydfather(m): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2017
kn23h:

Ibo leaders neglect their duty to develop iboland because there is no demand of responsibility from the people because at the end of the day, Ibos will end up blaming Yorubas, FG and Fulanis for their retrogression.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/how-ndigbo-underdeveloped-igboland/
Mr man this ur lies are for the people who has never visit ur so call south west. My business has took me to all the major cities in all the east, west, south south, north central and some part of the north. Apart from Lagos, Ibadan and ilorin. No cities in south west can match Abakaliki not to talk of other major cities in south east.

Obviously u've not visit any south east state other than reading about them on the pages of news papers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Naijiant: 10:49am On Nov 04, 2017
Same reason Lagos has been growing without development.
https://www.naijiant.com/articles/lagos-case-study-growth-without-development/
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by bakynes(m): 11:10am On Nov 04, 2017
Lloydfather:
Mr man this ur lies are for the people who has never visit ur so call south west. My business has took me to all the major cities in all the east, west, south south, north central and some part of the north. Apart from Lagos, Ibadan and ilorin. No cities in south west can match Abakaliki not to talk of other major cities in south east.

Obviously u've not visit any south east state other than reading about them on the pages of news papers.
I have visited 3 SE states and what I can say is that region is disserted, the population there is very small. Ohaneze should do something about the migration 70% of Igbos live outside the SE. The SE is not any better than the SW or SS.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by bakynes(m): 11:15am On Nov 04, 2017
Lloydfather:

Have you been to Abeokuta to see the massive world class roads and over head bridges the Governor built.

Anambra has 3 Overheard bridges and Abeokuta alone has about 6 overheard bridges, 1 overhead bridge in Ota, 2 in Ijebu-Ode. What of Akure? In terms of Infrastructure SW beats the SE only the SS is in competition with the SW.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 04, 2017

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by IkpuMmadu: 11:20am On Nov 04, 2017
Lloydfather:
how many Osun men has govern OYO or how many Ogun men has govern Ekiti, when we say Lagos is no mans land u will be the first to us

LoL...your funny but your answers are correct
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 04, 2017
Caseless:
this bigot again. Now the real face is here.
Amarabae replied a bigot and you termed her one. The way all these abbokii that licksss yoruba arse is getting nauseating
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Unik3030: 12:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
Amarabae:
thats what we are saying.
Use your leadership and do something about Idps in osun.
Leave Igbos alone.
u just think with your anus n talk like an idiot, so which part of osun state is the idp camp located? someone brought out your problem n instead of looking for ways to solve it u are shifting goal posts n blaming afonja, u expect fg to do everything for u. for your information, all states in south west have a master plan n the governors are strifing towards actualising it, even the osun u referee to as idp will have an airport in few months time without fg intervention. d day d igbos decide to tackle there problem is the day they will start making development. sit down n blame everyone
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Unik3030: 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2017
stanluiz:
Go and develop Osun,ibadan and the rest and tell the people to change their brown roofs and live in good houses not living in slum and shanties.
for your information osun is d least developed in south west n is more developed than virtually all states in igbo land, your almighty imo state just had it's first flyover whereas osun has more than 7,more business opportunities, even an airport in view, but you igbo people with d below par state u hype as paradise u can't stay dere but a Yoruba man can live n die in osun n still b successful. with that your small enclave u call south east that is not as big n developed like Ibadan CITY n osun state. n for the issue of brown roof, it shows its been a long way coming n fulfilment unlike your fathers n grandfathers that were killed in there prime, they never knew what old age was about n never knew what it feels like to live peacefully n grow old in your house. the other tribe in Nigeria has brown roofs but d war wiped away your generations n that is the main reason u people don't have brown roofs
Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Unik3030: 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2017
bonnylight003:

y must u people boast of your plan to steal other people property, must an igbo man take another person's property b4 he's fulfilled? ahmadu bello said don't give an igbo man chance, once u allow him as a labourer on your farm he will want to take over the place. just imagine, in d 1960's an igbo man wanted to b d premier of western region despite d fact that an igbo man is already d premier of eastern region, they want to take 2 things out of 3 without considering if someone doesn't have any, y d greed? even lately NK said he was given five Eastern states as biafra in prison but refused because he also wanted benue n Rivers haba, must u take other people things? u no get shame as all n u are greedy lots n that's y Hausa's don't slack when dealing with u. despite the heavy presence of igbos in kaduna, can any igbo man dead or alive go dere n say they will take over d place? Hausa man go butcher u sharp sharp. instead of trying to stop apc from winning anambra,u fools are planning of how to take over Lagos. misplaced priorities, during NK reign instead of the fool to strategies on how to nail buhari to d cross despite the fact that buhari played into his hand d fool was thinking of how to bring buhari head. misplaced priority again. bunch of greedy lots

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
Alcatraz005:

If the migration continues without developing igbo land, then igbos would continue to be looked upon with suspicion and scorn. Already, igbos are referred to as 2nd class citizens. It is very important for igbos to go back home. Well, I think the igbos would never listen so what is my own? Just continue the payment of taxes to the governments of other wise ethnic groups.Future generation of Igbos must pay for the folly of this present generation.

We will develop Igbo land. We just have to get our politics right. A large chunk of the money will come from diaspora including Nigeria. It's just a lofty and easy idea to see Igbo as second class citizen. In reality they are the only ones currently undergoing purification for the world of tomorrow which will take all of you buy shocking surprise. Meanwhile it's your future generations that will condemn your lack of foresight for selling all your land and refusal to venture beyond your immediate vicinity.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Leaders And People Not Developing Igboland? Answers/Explanations by Unik3030: 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2017
Lloydfather:

u are just an idiot spewing trash, your stupidity Na follow come if not u won't compare abakaliki to ogbomosho let alone other states. the greatest problem people from that landlocked pit hole have is that they lie to themselves, check statistics d igr generated in only OGUN state is more than that of d whole south east region, the fastest growing state in Nigeria is oyo state check google n stop useless chestbeating cos y, dis guy just make me vex today,its only a brain dead person that will compare abakaliki to Ibadan city

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mohammed Adamu Flouts Court Order, Releases List Of New Recruits / East-west Road: Progress Report With Pictures / Arthur Jarvis University-1st Private University In Cross River State Under Const

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.