Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. (30874 Views)

Osinbajo Apologises To Ayobami Adeshida Over His Treatment By DSS Officias / India's Minister, Abbas, Visits El-Zakzaky To Facilitate His Treatment (Photos) / Osinbajo Donates N1 Million To Baba Suwe For His Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by IamEmem(m): 10:19am On Nov 04, 2017
kunle4toyeyaho:
why are u people ungrateful? Buhari should be commended when it is necessary. He can as well choose not to approve overseas treatment for Ekwueme

you are a fool you know? those priviledges do not need any blooded approval. They are constitutional rights of all past head of Nigerian government. So what rubbish commendation should be applauded.

2 Likes

Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by Adeebiwa09(m): 10:20am On Nov 04, 2017
nwabobo:
As a former vice president, Dr. Alex Ekwueme is entitled to free medical treatment abroad paid for by the Federal government. Why Buhari and his aides are making so much noise about Dr. Ekwueme's entitlement being accorded him beats me.

See REMUNERATION OF FORMER PRESIDENTS AND HEADS OF STATE (AND OTHER ANCILLARY MATTERS) ACT

Perquisites of office of former Vice-Presidents

Personal staff

1. (1)        An officer not below the rank of a Chief Administrative Officer.

(2)    A Personal Secretary not below Grade Level 10, who shall be selected by the former Vice-President and paid by the Federal Government.

Security

Civilian Vice-President

2.     (1)    Two to three armed policemen.

(2)    One State Security Service Officer not below Grade Level 8 as an Aide de Camp to be attached for life and paid by the State Security Agencies.

Vehicles

3.     (1)    Two vehicles to be bought by the Federal Government and liable to be replaced every four years.

(2)    The drivers shall be selected by the former Vice-President and paid by the Federal
Government.

Protocol

4.     (1)    Diplomatic passport for life.

(2)    Entitled to protocol within and outside Nigeria.

Medical services and vacation

5.     (1)    Free medical treatment for former Vice-Presidents and their immediate family within Nigeria.

(2)    Treatment abroad for former Vice-Presidents and their immediate family and where
necessary at Federal Government expense.

(3)    Thirty days annual vacation within and outside Nigeria at Federal Government expense.

Provision of office accommodation

6.     A modestly well-furnished and equipped office in any location of the choice of the former Vice-President in Nigeria.

Provision of residential accommodation

7.     A well furnished three-bedroom house to be provided in any location of the choice of the former Vice-President in Nigeria.

Postal privileges

8.     All former Vice-Presidents shall be entitled to send non-political mails within and outside Nigeria as franked mail marked "POSTAGE PAID".

Telephone

9.     One direct telephone line at Federal Government expense.

http://www.lawnigeria.com/LawsoftheFederation/REMUNERATION-OF-FORMER-PRESIDENTS-AND-HEADS-OF-STATE-(AND-OTHER-ANCILLARY-MATTERS)-ACT.html

Wow this is nice but in my opinion it is too much. My question is does other developed and developing nations practice similar? Why is the office of the Presidency and the like different from a civil servant, an elected one at that? No wonder at every political and appointed office people want to syphon the resources. What will Nigeria be in the next 20 years if we keep spending money on people's responsibility? Won't families mismanagement these? I am just getting to know another means where the "national cake" is been shared.
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by diegwu01: 10:25am On Nov 04, 2017
Nigerians and Hypocricy.
When buhari Sought Medical treatment abroad, A whole lot of the children of Hate condemned him and asked why he didn't use the State House Clinic. Now they see the order given for treatment Ekweme as his birth right and right as A former VP.
The Question is; Buhari as a past president, (and now Present) wasn't he entitled to treatment Abroad also? all the huge cry and condemnation earlier was just borne out of hate and bitterness and now we see nothing special with PMB approving Ekwueme's travel abroad

3 Likes

Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:26am On Nov 04, 2017
doctokwus:

I am no wailer,nor intend belonging to one.
I am only a seeker,alligner of the truth,and a passionate hater of incompetence,lying,bigotry,nepotism,corruption and crass incompetence displayed by the likes of Buhari.
I cannot stand before man and God and defend Buhari when I vehemently condemned some of the same traits displayed by Jonathan while he was president.
So keep your form to yourself

I respect your bravery. Buhari is not worth the dogmatism being exhibited by some of his supporters. There's nothing wrong in one adjustment his stand to accommodate new knowledge. I never supported him based on information available to me. New revelations are making that information available to more people than ever before.

1 Like

Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by diegwu01: 10:28am On Nov 04, 2017
nwabobo:
As a former vice president, Dr. Alex Ekwueme is entitled to free medical treatment abroad paid for by the Federal government. Why Buhari and his aides are making so much noise about Dr. Ekwueme's entitlement being accorded him beats me.

See REMUNERATION OF FORMER PRESIDENTS AND HEADS OF STATE (AND OTHER ANCILLARY MATTERS) ACT

Perquisites of office of former Vice-Presidents

Personal staff

1. (1)        An officer not below the rank of a Chief Administrative Officer.

(2)    A Personal Secretary not below Grade Level 10, who shall be selected by the former Vice-President and paid by the Federal Government.

Security

Civilian Vice-President

2.     (1)    Two to three armed policemen.

(2)    One State Security Service Officer not below Grade Level 8 as an Aide de Camp to be attached for life and paid by the State Security Agencies.

Vehicles

3.     (1)    Two vehicles to be bought by the Federal Government and liable to be replaced every four years.

(2)    The drivers shall be selected by the former Vice-President and paid by the Federal
Government.

Protocol

4.     (1)    Diplomatic passport for life.

(2)    Entitled to protocol within and outside Nigeria.

Medical services and vacation

5.     (1)    Free medical treatment for former Vice-Presidents and their immediate family within Nigeria.

(2)    Treatment abroad for former Vice-Presidents and their immediate family and where
necessary at Federal Government expense.

(3)    Thirty days annual vacation within and outside Nigeria at Federal Government expense.

Provision of office accommodation

6.     A modestly well-furnished and equipped office in any location of the choice of the former Vice-President in Nigeria.

Provision of residential accommodation

7.     A well furnished three-bedroom house to be provided in any location of the choice of the former Vice-President in Nigeria.

Postal privileges

8.     All former Vice-Presidents shall be entitled to send non-political mails within and outside Nigeria as franked mail marked "POSTAGE PAID".

Telephone

9.     One direct telephone line at Federal Government expense.

http://www.lawnigeria.com/LawsoftheFederation/REMUNERATION-OF-FORMER-PRESIDENTS-AND-HEADS-OF-STATE-(AND-OTHER-ANCILLARY-MATTERS)-ACT.html

PMB was entitled to all of this when he made his trip abroad earlier, Many Nigerians from the east condemned it, suggesting he should use the Aso Clinic.

1 Like

Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by cantok(m): 10:31am On Nov 04, 2017
anonimi:

Please explain how being law abiding is your anguish?
Is that why you are in love with a lawless military dictator camouflaging as a democrat?

[img]http://2.bp..com/-LY-QyCyEz7k/VezT9wToPgI/AAAAAAAAD6g/KE4bC5lCMyU/s1600/image1-748544.JPG[/img]
Are you one of the wailing wailers?!
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by Odianose13(m): 10:35am On Nov 04, 2017
If Buhari follows the Constitution in the present lawless Nigeria, then Buhari tried.

1 Like

Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by Daddybright1986(m): 10:40am On Nov 04, 2017
Buhari is not aware of the whereabouts of his WASC Certificate.
Buhari is not aware of where his land in PH is located.
Buhari is not aware that Baru signed out 25 Billion dollar Contract..
BUHARI is not aware that abba kyari collected #500m bribe from MTN.
Buhari is not aware of the state of Aso Rock Clinic.
Buhari is not aware that Maina has been reinstated.
And you think Buhari is aware that you are suffering?
You are entirely on your own" #copied o

1 Like

Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by cantok(m): 10:42am On Nov 04, 2017
IamEmem:

you are a fool you know? those priviledges do not need any blooded approval. They are constitutional rights of all past head of Nigerian government. So what rubbish commendation should be applauded.
U dey vex O
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by olawonder(m): 10:43am On Nov 04, 2017
The constitutional laws in Nigeria are never applied in the first place, thats why! You think all these Abokis know anything about the constitution? Any positive step they take they think the country ought to be grateful. And this is to a former colleague o, which shows ordinary citizens’ odd of getting such dividend is near to zero!

1 Like

Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by Ijaya123: 10:48am On Nov 04, 2017
Funnicator:
It is in the constitution. So buhari should stop acting like he is doing SE a favor by treating their revered leader and former VP whose government he personally overthrew in a coup d'etat.
Foooolish buhari

Who else could have approved the treatment abroad if not the sitting president.

So you and your lots now know Ekweme is entitled to treatment abroad using tax payers money but were crying like mad dogs when buhari was receiving treatment abroud.

Bunch of pained hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by Odianose13(m): 10:50am On Nov 04, 2017
adem30:
So you guys now understand that this is an entitlement for a former Vice President.

But you were all over internet crying waste of TAX payer's money when Buhari as a sitting President went for treatment outside the country.

Can you now see how deluded you are?

Get well soon Pa Ekwueme

Some Nigerians think shabbily, Buhari could have as well kept mute about the whole thing and I'm sure Ekueme would have been suffering here and nothing will happen. Now Buhari follows the Constitution for himself, everyone says he waste funds, but for their own, it is in the Constitution. I really don't understand us in this country.

Those shouting Anambra govt would have done it if Buhari never did are just jokers. Has Ekueme not been in Enugu all this while? Even the family always came out to say he was well, until he collapsed and Buhari was told and immediately, he was ordered to be flown. Buhari has never come out to play lord about it. We need to see things objectively in this country.

I think a subscription fee should be requested to join Nairaland so as to sieve out some hoodlums from this platform. Cos some ppl here are just unbelievable!

2 Likes

Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by ceecee0703(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2017
kunle4toyeyaho:
why are u people ungrateful? Buhari should be commended when it is necessary. He can as well choose not to approve overseas treatment for Ekwueme

Lie he can not if he does that will be going against the constitution and that is tyranny.
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by InvertedHammer: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2017
When was this law written?

This is 2017. Once obscure countries like China and Singapore are now world super powers through inventions and technology.

It is not just that black people are useless, they are shameless. They attend schools to study the same books everyone else studies, yet they cannot conceptualize. The best the Minister of Technology could brag about is the ability of Nigeria to produce pencils in 2018.

I give up!

\
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by Odianose13(m): 10:54am On Nov 04, 2017
Nairaboi:

Anambra state would do the needful and all this while they allowed him to be lying in an hospital in Nigeria abi? Bloody Bastard. . .

Don't mind her. Stupid thinking
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by nwabobo: 10:55am On Nov 04, 2017
diegwu01:
PMB was entitled to all of this when he made his trip abroad earlier, Many Nigerians from the east condemned it, suggesting he should use the Aso Clinic.

Nigerians were simply holding Buhari accountable to his words. Buhari vowed that there'd be no foreign medical treatment for him and other govt officials but went ahead to break it himself. That's why people were on his neck.
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by Odianose13(m): 10:58am On Nov 04, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Then Anambra government will do the needful. We are not begging tge idiot.

Why mynd44? You just made the most stupid quote of the year! You should be banned for thinking stupidly!
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by Nairaboi(m): 10:58am On Nov 04, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Seun mynd44 lalasticlala Rule2.

Go check what was said to Gej by your types and also read Rule 2
There is nothing to check cretin, i am giving you what you furking asked for, and i remember you saying "we are not begging the idiot" in reference to Buhari. You must be a vagabond
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by nwabobo: 11:01am On Nov 04, 2017
DonCandido:

2. Treatment for the former vice president and his immediate family WHERE NECESSARY at the expense of the Federal Government.

The phrase "WHERE NECESSARY" introduced a condition precedent. The condition is not stated in the law and thus making the carrying out of the obligation to pay for the medical treatment abroad for the former vice president SUBJECT TO THE DISCRETION of the FG.

What is DISCRETIONARY is not AUTOMATIC.

Discretionary obligation needs approval SUBJECT to satisfaction of conditions precedent by the person claiming the entitlement AND at the ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY of the APPROVING body or person.

I don't really know what the OP stands to gain by deliberately misinterpreting the very CLEAR words of the law created for the benefit of our national heroes.

Let the former vice president get the desired treatment abroad.

This pseudo tribal- politics of medical treatment abroad is nauseating and MUST stop!

Our only duty as grateful Nigerians for the services rendered to us by the former vice president (if indeed we appreciate his contributions) is to pray for his soonest recovery.

WHERE NECESSARY implies where it is necessary to treat the person abroad. Medical teams determine such necessity and Ekwueme's. Edical team has determined it is NECESSARY.

1 Like

Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by nwabobo: 11:03am On Nov 04, 2017
doctokwus:

Only discovered his true nature and capabilities last year,just a year or so into his tenure and he hasnt failed to disappoint since with his growing minuses.
Voting out Jonathan was a deed that had to be done,same should apply to Buhari,let the message be passed that levels of leadership deficits exhibited by those two deserves only one cause of action:sending them back to the villages they evolved from to pander to sycophants that can tolerate such crass incompetence,not 160million plus Nigerians.

I can forgive an illiterate for voting Buhari but any educated person who cast his vote for Buhari considering his past record, to me is a goat.
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by bigtt76(f): 11:12am On Nov 04, 2017
I agree! They need to stop politicizing things that ought to be a given. Only in Nigeria would politicians be using their job descriptions as what they would do when elected to garner votes.

egoldman:

Does he need to announce it to Nigerians ? While he was getting his own as ex president , was it made public , or was it not a sitting president like that approved it for him then ? This publicity is just cos of Anambra election .
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by Geeoriginal: 11:24am On Nov 04, 2017
My only take is that, it is shameful that we write it down in an ACT that our former leaders shall be entitled to medical treatment ABROAD. Nigeria officially said our medical facilities and know-how is nothing to write home about. #shamefulACT
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by Gamesmart: 11:39am On Nov 04, 2017
aolawale025:
They were making it look like buhari did the SE a favor

nwabobo:
All those praising Buhari for making noise about Ekwueme getting his entitlement are obviously ignorant of the law.

Sense? Una no get.

Grammar? Una no know.

The laws says "where necessary".

If you had sense you would know there are two judgement levels to determine if it is necessary.

That is, the doctor and the Presidency. With the latter having dismissive power over the former.
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by amazon14: 11:40am On Nov 04, 2017
nwabobo:

Medical bills of all past heads of state including presidents and vice president have always been handled by the federal government. Why Buhari's aides chose to make noise about this one is what I do not understand. Buhari himself has been treated abroad severally at the expense of the FG before he came back to power.

You dey answer those people, to them that is a great achievement from buari.
They are all idiots to me.
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 04, 2017
Ijaya123:

Who else could have approved the treatment abroad if not the sitting president.

So you and your lots now know Ekweme is entitled to treatment abroad using tax payers money but were crying like mad dogs when buhari was receiving treatment abroud.

Bunch of pained hypocrites.
He promised to bring change to our healthcare system, so why is he still seeking medicare abroad?
You lot can't even keep your president you voted in responsible for his promises.
Re: Ekwueme: What The Law Says About His Treatment Abroad. by Habyz(m): 11:46am On Nov 04, 2017
If all these are for a person who PREVIOUSLY holds office I wonder what the current holder would receive. It is seriously nauseating that someone who held office gets all these and the average retired government workers who did everything in their power to make the country better get not up to a quarter of what this man is "entitled" to. Do they seriously expect any unbiased citizen to pray for him or others like him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Make A Guess List Of Buhari's Cabinet And Compare When Its Published / APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper / PDP’s Plot To Zone VP To S-west Or S-south, Satanic, Barbaric, Inhuman —Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.