Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (47759 Views)

"Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) / Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos / Catholic Priests Protest In Akure Over Killing Of Priests In Benue By Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by ichidodo: 11:06am On Nov 04, 2017
boohoo..

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by onadana: 11:06am On Nov 04, 2017
If they knew they won't live a celibate life..why join the priest hood in the first instance. It's just like a soldier who joins the force and doesn't want to go to war.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by fabrestove: 11:07am On Nov 04, 2017
Vaseline Don tire una? grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by adax007: 11:07am On Nov 04, 2017
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by nolio(m): 11:07am On Nov 04, 2017
So all my life has been a lie

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Meritocracy: 11:10am On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:
In view to this, I think that pope Francis should be against this viri probati dogma like situation such that priests do get married. It will weaken the catholic faith and principle which has began since Christ Jesus
Which faith of any group can be greater or superior to God commandment, if there parents never married and born them how do they become priest. Any constitution or rule is band to fail with test of time except God commandment that relevant forever

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Kpartners: 11:10am On Nov 04, 2017
According to Saint Malachi, we are living under the last pope
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by otokx(m): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2017
Journalists and lies
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by iloejikefestus(m): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2017
This news is fake, celibacy has come to stay in the universal( catholic) church, please disregard this news...
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Malawian(m): 11:15am On Nov 04, 2017
hassan4:
Pope Francis has requested that Roman Catholic priests be given the right to get married.

The request applies to priests in Brazil, and is on the agenda for an upcoming synod (church council) in the Amazon region.

A small number of married Roman Catholic priests already exist, including previously married Anglican vicars who have joined the church.

A request to lift the ban on marriage was made by Brazilian bishop Cardinal Claudio Hummes, who reportedly asked the Pope to consider ‘viri probati’, meaning married of great faith, as priests.

Derry priest Father Paddy O’Kane suggested that Pope Francis may move to end celibacy earlier this month, saying there was support amongst the church for the idea.

Fr O’Kane cited Brazilian liberation theologian Leonardo Boff, who said: “The Brazilian bishops, especially the pope’s own personal friend Cardinal Claudio Hummes, have expressly requested Pope Francis to enable married priest in Brazil to return to pastoral ministry.

“I have recently heard that the pope wants to fulfil this request – as an experimental, preliminary phase for the moment confined to Brazil.”
Earlier this year the Pope told Die Zeit newspaper: ‘We must consider if ‘viri probati’ is a possibility. Then we must determine what tasks they can perform, for example, in remote communities.’

Francis and his predecessor Benedict XVI have both stated that celibacy is not a matter of inflexible church dogma unlike, and could be debated.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/pope-francis-requests-roman-catholic-priests-given-right-get-married-163603054.html

Please, it is not priest getting married, rather it is already married men in the remote amazon forests and such getting ordained a priest.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Ifeola1: 11:16am On Nov 04, 2017
so dis thing is not in their bible they are just deceiving people better think well b4 is too late Islam is d way

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by PastorAji(m): 11:16am On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
Hmmmmmm, make I eat finish, I go comment later..
he he he he he he he he he he
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by GrandMufti: 11:17am On Nov 04, 2017
I weep for Nigerians. Did people actually take their time to read the post?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by ibabz(m): 11:18am On Nov 04, 2017
If you are not a Catholic please DO NOT PUT MOUTH. e no consign u.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by OkhaiJohn2017: 11:21am On Nov 04, 2017
Before they can do that, they have to apologise to those priests whom have departed for denying them such privileges. And also, I think it is a welcome development that will reduce many in regular acts among them...
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by egike(m): 11:21am On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:
In view to this, I think that pope Francis should be against this viri probati dogma like situation such that priests do get married. It will weaken the catholic faith and principle which has began since Christ Jesus
go and become a priest yourself.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by ibabz(m): 11:21am On Nov 04, 2017
Meritocracy:

Which faith of any group can be greater or superior to God commandment, if there parents never married and born them how do they become priest. Any constitution or rule is band to fail with test of time except God commandment that relevant forever

You no be Catholic why put mouth to something you know understand. Abeg shut the crab!
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by wtfCode: 11:22am On Nov 04, 2017
HeyCorleone:
And so ends the Catholic Church.. Anyways it has tried. No other institution on Earth has existed that long..
what would u say about the white garment church?
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by agarawu23(m): 11:23am On Nov 04, 2017
All these fake father wey dey go fvck for corner undecided
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by BCISLTD: 11:24am On Nov 04, 2017
philchudi:

Some junk journalist can lia.

There is no married catholic priest abegiiiiii.

Stop misleading people, is catholic priest d same with Anglican? Or even if they have reconverted to catholic church, they still can't celebrate mass.
Are well Abi you didn’t see yahoo New on the link
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by eebraa(m): 11:25am On Nov 04, 2017
Konji na bastard���
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 04, 2017
hope reverend sisters would be given the chance to marry aswell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by talk2percy(m): 11:29am On Nov 04, 2017
I have always known that this was gonna happen. The sef deceit don di.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by hooklover: 11:30am On Nov 04, 2017
Good news for ladies more marriages in the pioeline
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by joey150(m): 11:30am On Nov 04, 2017
headline is saying one thing and the actual news is saying another entirely different thing.

“The Brazilian bishops, especially the pope’s own personal friend Cardinal Claudio Hummes, have expressly requested Pope Francis to enable married priest in Brazil to return to pastoral ministry." this is about allowing already MARRIED men become priest not about allowing priests get married.

How come so many Nigerians cannot read and comprehend
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by EazyMoh(m): 11:31am On Nov 04, 2017
Trail by error religion.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by aldexrio(m): 11:34am On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:

Brother priesthood celibacy didn't begin in the time of Jesus Christ neither did He ordain it. If you study the Paul's epistles he even encouraged marriage but only said he would prefer to stay unmarried. He went further to say if you can hold yourself good, but if you can't marry.
I will also like to let you know that Peter who is seen as the rock of the church or the first Pope/Bishop was married.
I really believe that the move of the Pope to make celibacy optional is good and might help put an end to some sex scandals that have plague the church in the past.

#mythought

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by wtfCode: 11:34am On Nov 04, 2017
Any time u catholic priest are ready to get married, just remember u guys are always welcomed.
'go ye into the world n procreate',that was the number 1 rule.
If the priests ain't supposed to get married,they shouldn't be born with a d!ck n 2 balls.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by naijaboiy: 11:35am On Nov 04, 2017
BlaiseBankss:
Tho there are loads of girls who will love to marry a priest I see no be reason why the Pope should allow marriage because it destroys the Celibacy of priests some will lose focus and start committing adultery because they will be allowed to have carnal knowledge and come to think of it some will be diverting church funds into the training of their children if they give birth later on.
To be married is one:: To be a priest is another
#Just_My_View_On_The _Issue
My thoughts exactly!
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by mfm04622: 11:35am On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:

Are you Catholic? celibacy of priests is not about religion or faith but about ensuring Popes don't pass on the papacy as inheritance to their children. Go read about it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deeper Life Church Suspends Wedding In Bayelsa As Couple Eats From Same Plate / Apostle Suleman's Response To A Man Who Asked Him For A Car & Money To Build / Father Mbaka's Removal Adoration Ministry: Worshippers Attack New Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.