Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (47733 Views)

"Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) / Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos / Catholic Priests Protest In Akure Over Killing Of Priests In Benue By Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Foodforthought: 12:10pm On Nov 04, 2017
I'm not surprised, sex is everywhere. The conji don too much...
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Frankdera(m): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2017
Sammyprinceson:
Years back when I was still in Secondary school. A Reverend father usually visit my Aunty (a Reverend sister) in the night pretending to be praying chaplets. But within 10mins of their so called prayer, you will hear her groaning from sexual ecstasy. Its better they allow them to get married than to continue deceiving themselves.
Are u sure of what you're saying or u just want to type because others are typing
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Foodforthought: 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:
In view to this, I think that pope Francis should be against this viri probati dogma like situation such that priests do get married. It will weaken the catholic faith and principle which has began since Christ Jesus
Which do u prefer? That some priests continue to hide under the cloak of celibacy to commit sexual sins? Desperate times call for desperate measures. Let them just get married so that such temptation will pass

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Atk1nson(m): 12:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
When Chuch/"God's" rules change with time, we must question if these rules ever came from God
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Obagreatdatoye(m): 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2017
it a good idea!
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by saraki2019(m): 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
christain faiths and laws are all man-made
they keep adding and substracting from the bible
the old and new testament are words of men

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by FrancisIgya: 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
I am a catholic and i fully support the end of celibacy in the catholic church.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by danchuzzy(m): 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the girl has no right to beat up her boyfriend in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders but if the neighbour refuse to pay his rent they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.

Oh Lawd!!!!! undecided

Meanwhile, fellow Nairalanders, please join vote this article on "Ending Malaria for Good" We need about 4500 votes to make this happen.

Thanks fam!
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by mavinc4u(f): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
shocked did pope actually say that? I don't want to believe some things I read about his coming before he ascended the throne. Any man that cannot hold his third leg does not qualify to be a priest. This is the hand work of some end time priest and this is why I will always prefer a monk over a priest. If they want to marry then they should quit the priesthood and face their marriage, imagine after confessing your sin to a priest, he will make it an object of discussion in his family.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by egoldman(m): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:
In view to this, I think that pope Francis should be against this viri probati dogma like situation such that priests do get married. It will weaken the catholic faith and principle which has began since Christ Jesus

Celibacy in the church did not start with Christ , it is a human dogma,started by human beings , the catholics ( by themselves and for themselves ) infact married people where among those that followed Jesus during his ministry on earth .
Dont forget Apostle paul said , if possible , let everyone remain celibate as he was , but he added " if you are not able to do it , its then better to marry than to burn " this means celibacy is a personal thing , such should not be imposed on anyone by any church or faith .

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by sekem: 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:

How?

How will it weaken the catholic church?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by lazygal: 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2017
omogin:
Why people dey fear say women go spoil things if priests are allowed to marry?
Meanwhile no Muslim should be allowed to comment on this thread.

Is it not better than raping boys ? How does marriage affect their fate In God...they are not as holy as Jesus Christ neither are they as strong so they can't chose celibacy becasue Jesus was never married. He was a messenger of God they are not .
By the way am a muslim

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Tonytonex(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2017
THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN ENDING.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Kennydoc(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2017
BlaiseBankss:
Tho there are loads of girls who will love to marry a priest I see no be reason why the Pope should allow marriage because it destroys the Celibacy of priests some will lose focus and start committing adultery because they will be allowed to have carnal knowledge and come to think of it some will be diverting church funds into the training of their children if they give birth later on.
To be married is one:: To be a priest is another
#Just_My_View_On_The _Issue

Is there an express biblical injunction that ministers of God should not get married? Can you name any priest, pastor, bishop you know in the Bible that wasn't married, except maybe for Paul who did it on his own volition?
Paul writing in 1 Timothy 3:2 stated that a bishop must be the husband of one wife. So why did celibacy become compulsory in the catholic church?
Are the catholic priests more productive than the early disciples most of whom were married?
So where did the Catholic church get the compulsory doctrine of celibacy for priests from?
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by mavinc4u(f): 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2017
Foodforthought:

Which do u prefer? That some priests continue to hide under the cloak of celibacy to commit sexual sins? Desperate times call for desperate measures. Let them just get married so that such temptation will pass

What exactly are you saying? Did the temptation of a married man stop after getting married. They should also allow the Rev Sisters to get married. Nonsense.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Tonytonex(m): 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2017
mavinc4u:
shocked did pope actually say that? I don't want to believe some things I read about his coming before he ascended the throne. Any man that cannot hold his third leg does not qualify to be a priest. This is the hand work of some end time priest and this is why I will always prefer a monk over a priest. If they want to marry then they should quit the priesthood and face their marriage, imagine after confessing your sin to a priest, he will make it an object of discussion in his family.
PLS, WHAT IS A MONK?
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by mavinc4u(f): 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2017
Kennydoc:

Is there an express biblical injunction that ministers of God should not get married? Can you name any priest, pastor, bishop you know in the Bible that wasn't married, except maybe for Paul who did it on his own volition?
Paul writing in 1 Timothy 3:2 stated that a bishop must be the husband of one wife. So why did celibacy become compulsory in the catholic church?
Are the catholic priests more productive than the early disciples most of whom were married?
So where did the Catholic church get the compulsory doctrine of celibacy for priests from?

Did Jesus or any of his apostles marry?
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by bellyjean(m): 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
Celibacy is a gift from God. It is not possible with mere determination. This is where the catholics have got it wrong.

Apostle Peter was married but apostle Paul was not. Jesus told Peter: ' on you this rock will I build the church...'. Apostle Paul's books constitute majority of the books in the New testament.

Paul's 'decision' not to get married was actually inspired by the Holyspirit and he had God's backing not to be worried about marriage and its loads of promises. God had a great assignment for him and with the kind of energy and zeal he persecuted the church with, this was a great asset to God. This energy that was channeled negatively, was utilised by God and today, the light of the gospel has shone on the world.

Although, not many of Peter's books were included in the bible, but he made great exploits even as a family man.

Martin Luther was once a priest before he had a true encounter with God. His wife was instrumental in his ministry.

Perhaps, the Catholics and the Christians have not really sought or strove to know God's plans and agenda for them and as a consequence, we just follow the tradition and jump on the bandwagon.

Pleading for priests to get married is not the point. But doing God's will is the main thing.

God help us.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by omogin(f): 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
lazygal:

Is it not better than raping boys ? How does marriage affect their fate In God...they are not as holy as Jesus Christ neither are they as strong so they can't chose celibacy becasue Jesus was never married. He was a messenger of God they are not .
By the way am a muslim
grin as a Muslim fear no dey allow una let others comment on your thread. Is it because seun is a Muslim. I have many things to say about Islam, but we go leave am for another day.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by r2beez(m): 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the girl has no right to beat up her boyfriend in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders but if the neighbour refuse to pay his rent they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.

Beautiful Nonesense.

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by udoh2k: 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
hisgrace090:
If done it will bring the catholic church closer to the right part.

You are very right. The said first pope, Peter, got married. There hv bn issues of sxxual sins against some priest. Some hv (hidden)Children born outside wedlog while serving as priests. Preceding popes hv tried to defend, deny or address these. The Bible never prohibit religious leaders from getting married but encouraged them to be husband of one wife, rule his family well and bringing his children under good behaviour.
This will help the priest against sxxual temptation and to serve God in pure heart.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Kennydoc(m): 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

Did Jesus or any of his apostles marry?

Jesus had a very specific assignment on earth, and it was for a short time. He needn't marry. More importantly, He was/is God.

We have a record of Peter being married, cos Jesus healed his mother-in-law of fever. The account of the personal lives of other apostles wasn't given.

The priests of the old covenant were all married. In the new covenant, all that matters is Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross. We're not bound by rules or laws anymore, except to love God with all our hearts and to love our neighbours as Christ has loved us.

Let me remind you that in the new covenant, there are no higher humans. We all have equal access to God. As a matter of fact, Bible says in Revelations, "He has made us a Kingdom of Priests unto our God and we shall reign on the earth". So before God, we (believers only) are all priests whether clergy or laity.So if some priests of God can marry (laity), why can't someone other priests marry (clergy)?
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Foodforthought: 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

What exactly are you saying? Did the temptation of a married man stop after getting married. They should also allow the Rev Sisters to get married. Nonsense.
Understand my comment b4 responding please. I said which do u prefer? That they remain "celibate" and be doing evil in private or that they just allow the ones that want to marry to do so? The ones that don't want to marry can remain.
It's not in every discourse that u people should bring up the equality issue. Who stopped the Reverend sisters from speaking up and asking for the right to get married? You women are just too obsessed with men when u are clearly your own problems. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Foodforthought: 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

Understand my comment b4 responding please. I said which do u prefer? That they remain "celibate" and be doing evil in private or that they just allow the ones that want to marry to do so? The ones that don't want to marry can remain.
It's not in every discourse that u people should bring up the equality issue. Who stopped the Reverend sisters from speaking up and asking for the right to get married? You women are just too obsessed with men when u are clearly your own problems. Nonsense
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by lazygal: 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2017
omogin:

grin as a Muslim fear no dey allow una let others comment on your thread. Is it because seun is a Muslim. I have many things to say about Islam, but we go leave am for another day.

Noooo they say seun na atheist ooo ..even on nairaland dem dey talk so
And going by some of his comments I think I agree he is

Though its a shames that with such success ,he refuses to give gratitude to God and chooses. To believe he is responsible for his height
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by mavinc4u(f): 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2017
Tonytonex:
PLS, WHAT IS A MONK?

They are the genuine people that worship God in truth and spirit, they pray 7 times a day and have disassociated themselves from things of the world. They are usually seen at the mountain, desert and any isolated places that are very quiet. Their prayers are still holding the world. They are hard working people as everything they eat, drink and use are produced by them and they barely talk as they believe that talking leads one to sin, they usually walk with their face down to avoid committing sin with their eyes. They don't collect money from people instead they give you the one they have. Use Google and get more details about them.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by lazygal: 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
Kennydoc:

Jesus had a very specific assignment on earth, and it was for a short time. He needn't marry. More importantly, He was/is God.

We have a record of Peter being married, cos Jesus healed his mother-in-law of fever. The account of the personal lives of other apostles wasn't given.

The priests of the old covenant were all married. In the new covenant, all that matters is Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross. We're not bound by rules or laws anymore, except to love God with all our hearts and to love our neighbours as Christ has loved us.

Let me remind you that in the new covenant, there are no higher humans. We all have equal access to God. As a matter of fact, Bible says in Revelations, "He has made us a Kingdom of Priests unto our God and we shall reign on the earth". So before God, we (believers only) are all priests whether clergy or laity.So if some priests of God can marry (laity), why can't someone other priests marry (clergy)?

This guy,you sharp ooo... Well articulated points ..
Your papa and mama must be proud .
You once looked for my trouble though na my other identity I use fight you sha
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by AnanseK(m): 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
When is the pope getting married?
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by nkemjacob2(m): 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
If they could delay priest to marry let dem declare the sisters.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by AceVentura: 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:

Why don't you take an oath of celibacy & see if "konji" won't finish you.

If they are allowed to get married, child molestation will be greatly reduced.

This is my own opinion. You may also have a superior argument.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Kennydoc(m): 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
lazygal:

This guy,you sharp ooo... Well articulated points ..
Your papa and mama must be proud .
You once looked for my trouble though na my other identity I use fight you sha

Lol cheesy

Me, look for your trouble? Na lie o. I'm the most gentle Nairalander.
Meanwhile, hope you're not that smart lady who was sent to oblivion by Buhari's ineptitude? Lol. I feel for those people sha cos they've all lost their identity on NL, people like Modath, Beremx, Midolian, Passingshot, Ngeneukwenu etc.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by sedek4569: 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
i know that Our Lord Jesus Christ is aware of all these. For me, if they do it, i will not go to church again especially now that am trying to go twice in 6 months, am not proud of not going to church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man To Collect Equipment Donated To RCCG If Adeboye Fails To Endorse A Candidate / Apostle Suleman's Response To A Man Who Asked Him For A Car & Money To Build / Pastor Sign Fireman Arrested In Ritual Murder Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.