Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (47754 Views)

"Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) / Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos / Catholic Priests Protest In Akure Over Killing Of Priests In Benue By Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by ololadeking(m): 11:36am On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the girl has no right to beat up her boyfriend in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders but if the neighbour refuse to pay his rent they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.
which kind of weed are you inhaling?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by NabeelAbu: 11:36am On Nov 04, 2017
sincerely speaking, human nature generally does not conform with celibacy. I've heard of some priests who have had sex secretly. Above all there is no celibacy in Islaam.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Ebios(m): 11:38am On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the girl has no right to beat up her boyfriend in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders but if the neighbour refuse to pay his rent they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.
l can't stop laughing for ur irrelevant n smoke -like comment
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:
In view to this, I think that pope Francis should be against this viri probati dogma like situation such that priests do get married. It will weaken the catholic faith and principle which has began since Christ Jesus

The Catholic Church was not practicing celibacy from the beginning. It was a middle age invention. The the history.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by naijaboiy: 11:40am On Nov 04, 2017
Statsocial:
Very good decision indeed... No one should be forced by Church rules to sacrifice the wonders of marriage just for service.
But they were not forced to become priests right? I’m sure they were aware of the sacrifices involved before signing up for it.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by bizhop01: 11:40am On Nov 04, 2017
That thing sef dey hungry Pope Francis
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by aldexrio(m): 11:41am On Nov 04, 2017
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by freeman95(m): 11:42am On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

Wicked
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 04, 2017
Chai what's happening? Thunder fire devil.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 04, 2017
Chai what's happening? Thunder fire devil.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by bejeria101(m): 11:43am On Nov 04, 2017
After nyashing themselves to extinction? Wawu!
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by SilentBang(m): 11:46am On Nov 04, 2017
philchudi:

Some junk journalist can lia.

There is no married catholic priest abegiiiiii.

Stop misleading people, is catholic priest d same with Anglican? Or even if they have reconverted to catholic church, they still can't celebrate mass.

you must think the world revolves around your locality dont you smh
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by sirblaze: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2017
Interesting cheesy
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Sheunma: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by emoa2002(m): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2017
Na only catholic priest? What about the reverend Sisters too naaa because some fine too, no be small.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2017
philchudi:

Some junk journalist can lia.

There is no married catholic priest abegiiiiii.

Stop misleading people, is catholic priest d same with Anglican? Or even if they have reconverted to catholic church, they still can't celebrate mass.

Converted and married Anglican priests celebrate mass. You should ask google or wiki
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by femmmmy(m): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2017
The world is changing. Saudi women are driving car and being allowed to participate in Sport
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by DIKEnaWAR: 11:50am On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:
In view to this, I think that pope Francis should be against this viri probati dogma like situation such that priests do get married. It will weaken the catholic faith and principle which has began since Christ Jesus

Read the predictions of Nostradamus and St Malachy abut 'Peter from Rome'. The Catholic Church sees Peter as the first Pope so subsequent popes are seen as carrying his mantle. This particular Peter(Pope) is from Rome (Argentine by birth tho)
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by enemyofprogress: 11:52am On Nov 04, 2017
That would fasten my wedding with oyinda1599
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by drakeli: 11:52am On Nov 04, 2017
hassan4:
It is going to affect the church greatly.
Their not getting married has greatly affected the church already with the number of catholic priests going down all over the world. They are short of priests.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by CzarChris(m): 11:52am On Nov 04, 2017
This pope is truely out to complete the prophesies, he is surely not disappointing at all. Unifying religions should be next in his agenda. grin
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by greatermax77(m): 11:55am On Nov 04, 2017
Pls Nne, what type of weed have been smoking?
I love ur sense of humor
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by ottohan: 11:56am On Nov 04, 2017
SilentBang:

you must think the world revolves around your locality dont you smh
LOL..
thia kind of yabbing na coded one grin
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Wantedmiller: 11:57am On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:
It will weaken the catholic faith and principle which has began since Christ Jesus

what do you mean by above statement................ since Christ Jesus.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 04, 2017
If this is indeed true, I seriously wonder how my parents will take this news cheesy grin

God, pls dont let my dad or mom have heart attack upon hearing this news IJN!

Here, almost all the deacons re married. They read the gospel, share homily and give holy communion while the priests officiate the actual mass.

What's going to be the difference btwn the actual rev. Fathers and deacons then?

As much as I always welcome change, I'm not in agreement with this one.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by ashawopikin(m): 12:04pm On Nov 04, 2017
e no easy, body no b firewood when d priest dey c as thier penticostal counterparts dey marry fine fine women with big big nyash grin
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Sammyprinceson(f): 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
Years back when I was still in Secondary school. A Reverend father usually visit my Aunty (a Reverend sister) in the night pretending to be praying chaplets. But within 10mins of their so called prayer, you will hear her groaning from sexual ecstasy. Its better they allow them to get married than to continue deceiving themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by nyabingi(m): 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
We already know that priests are having sex with married women in the church its no new thing a woman who worships at St Patrick Catholic church Alaba once told me how she was being disturbed by her parish priest for sex after he has been successfully doing it with others

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Frankdera(m): 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nice move
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by sanpipita(m): 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2017
NabeelAbu:
sincerely speaking, human nature generally does not conform with celibacy. I've heard of some priests who have had sex secretly. Above all there is no celibacy in Islaam.

There is a reason lots of sexual abuses happen in Catholic, priests have urges and they can't help but to find ways to relive themselves, getting them married will be better
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2017
If this happens it will be the best decision so far...most of these priests are indulged in secret sex..it's better to free them from this open secret sin..some even have babies already. .pope ride on
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by fay39: 12:10pm On Nov 04, 2017
can we call that as a mistake? well, thank God they realized why God creates men and women....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Celebrates His Birthday, Gives Out 16 Suvs, 16 Cars & Millions / Deeper Life Church Suspends Wedding In Bayelsa As Couple Eats From Same Plate / Apostle Suleman's Response To A Man Who Asked Him For A Car & Money To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.