Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (47753 Views)

"Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) / Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos / Catholic Priests Protest In Akure Over Killing Of Priests In Benue By Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by mavinc4u(f): 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
Foodforthought:

Understand my comment b4 responding please. I said which do u prefer? That they remain "celibate" and be doing evil in private or that they just allow the ones that want to marry to do so? The ones that don't want to marry can remain.
It's not in every discourse that u people should bring up the equality issue. Who stopped the Reverend sisters from speaking up and asking for the right to get married? You women are just too obsessed with men when u are clearly your own problems. Nonsense

Of course, I read and understood your comment, it is not by force to be a priest, if anyone can't hold himself then he should not be there at the first place. As for the ones messing up, once caught should be expelled, no time keeping some one who does not understand the meaning of the vow he took.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Foodforthought: 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

Did Jesus or any of his apostles marry?
Did Jesus and his Apostles tell you not to marry.? If they chose to live like that it's because they wanted such. They were not forced to be or remain single. Catholics are not the only Christians around.Their priests not getting married is the DOCTRINE of the Catholic church alone. Jesus is God.His apostles were not priests, they were evangelists travelling everyday round the world. How could they have kept families ? Today's Roman Catholic priests are not evangelists.They are salary earners unlike the Apostles. They live among us.They don't travel everyday to preach the gospel. They are in a position to keep a family. They are in a position to have white collar jobs. That does not stop them from celebrating mass. Or do u think celibacy guarantees heaven? Or indicates purity?
The Rev Father in my former parish has just completed a gigantic storey building in their village. Nobody is saying anything.Tell me,isn't he the property of the Church and God?
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Apina(m): 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
The Pope knows he doesn't have that authority to solely change the status quo. He would continue to play to the gallery but at the end nothing will still change. In words of John Paul II and resounded by Benedict "NOT IN MY TIME", that's what Francis has in mind even though he's yet to say it.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by mavinc4u(f): 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2017
Kennydoc:

Jesus had a very specific assignment on earth, and it was for a short time. He needn't marry. More importantly, He was/is God.

We have a record of Peter being married, cos Jesus healed his mother-in-law of fever. The account of the personal lives of other apostles wasn't given.

The priests of the old covenant were all married. In the new covenant, all that matters is Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross. We're not bound by rules or laws anymore, except to love God with all our hearts and to love our neighbours as Christ has loved us.

Let me remind you that in the new covenant, there are no higher humans. We all have equal access to God. As a matter of fact, Bible says in Revelations, "He has made us a Kingdom of Priests unto our God and we shall reign on the earth". So before God, we (believers only) are all priests whether clergy or laity.So if some priests of God can marry (laity), why can't someone other priests marry (clergy)?

Just like Jesus had assignment so were the priest. Some of the priest were not called but only went that line because of some challenges which is why they are having issues today. Peter never married and neither did any of the apostles. Jesus handed the key to peter before ascending to heaven when he proclaimed his words to him and that has been transferred from one pope to another.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by KO89: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2017
lazygal:

Is it not better than raping boys ? How does marriage affect their fate In God...they are not as holy as Jesus Christ neither are they as strong so they can't chose celibacy becasue Jesus was never married. He was a messenger of God they are not .
By the way am a muslim

Jesus was only 33(still somehow young)
He would have married if he lived long
Many people are 33 and not married
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by mavinc4u(f): 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
Foodforthought:

Did Jesus and his Apostles tell you not to marry.? If they chose to live like that it's because they wanted such. They were not forced to be or remain single. Catholics are not the only Christians around.Their priests not getting married is the DOCTRINE of the Catholic church alone. Jesus is God.His apostles were not priests, they were evangelists travelling everyday round the world. How could they have kept families ? Today's Roman Catholic priests are not evangelists.They are salary earners unlike the Apostles. They live among us.They don't travel everyday to preach the gospel. They are in a position to keep a family. They are in a position to have white collar jobs. That does not stop them from celebrating mass. Or do u think celibacy guarantees heaven? Or indicates purity?
The Rev Father in my former parish has just completed a gigantic storey building in their village. Nobody is saying anything.Tell me,isn't he the property of the Church and God?

The priest travel just like the apostle of old, they are not stationed bro. It is because most of them are not called to serve God that is why they get themselves involve in all sorts of things.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by mecussey(m): 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:
In view to this, I think that pope Francis should be against this viri probati dogma like situation such that priests do get married. It will weaken the catholic faith and principle which has began since Christ Jesus

However good or bad a situation is...it will change.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by lazygal: 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
KO89:

Jesus was only 33(still somehow young)
He would have married if he lived long
Many people are 33 and not married

There is no if in the lives of Amy messenferor prophet of God. . how u take know say e for donmarry
Mind your self there.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Randy100: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
If it happens, my journey as a catholic will come to end and no more going to church cos I can't even go to protestant churches.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by NickD(m): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2017
hisgrace090:
If done it will bring the catholic church closer to the right part.
and what is the right way?
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Amadaz(m): 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the girl has no right to beat up her boyfriend in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders but if the neighbour refuse to pay his rent they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.
hahaha... U again?
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by seyirock(m): 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
HeyCorleone:
And so ends the Catholic Church.. Anyways it has tried. No other institution on Earth has existed that long..
oga marriage is an institution too o. sooo.....
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Sammyprinceson(f): 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
Frankdera:

Are u sure of what you're saying or u just want to type because others are typing

Am not among people criticising men/women of God. So, there's no reason why I should come here to say what I don't know, especially when it has to do with family relation
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2017
most of them are gay
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Danjuro1: 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2017
Is the pope God?
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by makoota: 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2017
These people should mind the way they do their right up, the theme of this write is not purely related to the body of write up. The writer or blogger was ambivalent.
Is it that pope francis is requesting, or that their be a synod that will debate on the issue. I just cant understand.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Manuche(m): 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the girl has no right to beat up her boyfriend in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders but if the neighbour refuse to pay his rent they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.
thats how madness begins
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by DAVIES27(m): 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
YOU ARE A COMEDIAN...
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by hurricanekatrina(f): 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
that's kool. hopeful
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by delugajackson: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
Hahaha. This guy you dey craze o.
grin grin
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by dollarlander: 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:
In view to this, I think that pope Francis should be against this viri probati dogma like situation such that priests do get married. It will weaken the catholic faith and principle which has began since Christ Jesus

In fact Catholic Church will grow like dry season fire.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by coluka: 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2017
Allow them to get married. What's good for the laity is good for the priests
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by AlexJustin(m): 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2017
iloejikefestus:
This news is fake, celibacy has come to stay in the universal( catholic) church, please disregard this news...
How sure can we be. We ve got to pray more for the church
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by solenz(m): 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
[color=#000000][quote author=kkko post=62062223]Actually I did not read the post but I think the girl has no right to beat up her boyfriend in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders but if the neighbour refuse to pay his rent they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by visiontech24: 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2017
Catholic should make it optional first among thier priest and weigh the pros and cons that will mosly keep thier members and also make thier priest more productive.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Papadoh(m): 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:
WEREY!!!

Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by ninocia18(m): 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2017
kkko:

Sorry grin grin
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by Kennydoc(m): 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

Just like Jesus had assignment so were the priest. Some of the priest were not called but only went that line because of some challenges which is why they are having issues today. Peter never married and neither did any of the apostles. Jesus handed the key to peter before ascending to heaven when he proclaimed his words to him and that has been transferred from one pope to another.

Peter never married? I guess that is the doctrine according to the Roman Catholic Church. Read Matt 8:14,15 and get the truth.

I can't talk about other apostles cos the Bible said nothing about their marital status except for Paul who didn't marry for his personal convictions.

Even if the other apostles didn't marry, it should be a thing of personal choice not a law. Paul advised that instead of being unmarried and burning in lust, those who can't hold it should get married.

Unfortunately, many catholic priests are either committing adultery with nuns or different women in the church, or they are defiling altar boys. Even in the Vatican, homosexuality is an issue. The few who aren't doing those are struggling with masturbation. So what's the point?
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by bestspoke: 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
As usual, I can hardly wait to hear what the Pope really said. It's usually something totally different than what is reported in these posts.
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by omojeesu(m): 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
hugogerrard:

WHICH PRINCIPLE BEGAN SINCE CHRIST JESUS: MARRIAGE OR CELEBACY?
Re: Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married by doctorcharles: 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2017
Statsocial:
Very good decision indeed... No one should be forced by Church rules to sacrifice the wonders of marriage just for service.
that was his choice b4 being ordained a priest. please no one is forced

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Celebrates His Birthday, Gives Out 16 Suvs, 16 Cars & Millions / Deeper Life Church Suspends Wedding In Bayelsa As Couple Eats From Same Plate / Apostle Suleman's Response To A Man Who Asked Him For A Car & Money To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.