Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,923 members, 7,863,251 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:48 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4466919 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:
....to carry your families' dead bodies. May their gentle souls R.I.P. Amen

followed by:

agaugust:

Dude, stop making a mockery of your own dead countrymen and women. I am not gonna play that heartless game....and those people died inside a church....stop this ugly game

#Contradictions
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Henry120:

You cannot prove SANDF has operational Data Links, okay? I rest my case.

SAloanNDF = no data links.

Bwahahaahaa grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

Show us proof of what stage your GBADS is up to.

Gripen jets have no A-Darter missile in service today 2014.

Then you messed yourself up....

A-Darter range 20km

PL-9C range 22km

NAF beats SAAF shocked shocked

IRIS-T range: 25km.

The GBADS will soon receive the RSR 320 radar and Umkhonto missile,expect a contract SOON!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
patches689:

You conveniently missed two citations:

http://www.armyrecognition.com/idex_2013_news_coverage_report_pictures_video/denel_dynamics_showcases_a_full_range_of_its_tactical_missile_products_at_idex_2013_2102131.html

http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/latest-south-african-missile-achieves-qualification-2011-01-26

No, I read all citations, they all prove me correct. Mokopa has ONLY laser guidance that can be easily jammed by any smoke any time anywhere.

You Patrick got scammed by invisionfree kids today...butt-hurt tongue tongue

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
DieVluit: Nigeria's ability to access quality weapons is no longer just a money issue. It is now also a relationship issue.

Short arms + long, empty pockets + bad personality + a never-ending insurgency = the perfect storm.
Yup,Isolate and rule.

Nigeria is isolated in west Africa. Her relationship with the west isn't that healthy.

Causing her to shake it for Chinese and Russians. Whom see her as just another African country seeking weapons.

While SA is seen as partner,now Russian companies wanna collaborate to design missiles,jets etc.

PARTNERS NOT BUYERS.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
MikeZA: IRIS-T range: 25km.

The GBADS will soon receive the RSR 320 radar and Umkhonto missile,expect a contract SOON!!!!!!!!

Nigeria's NAF at 2014 air expo will display Su-30 Flanker, JF-17 Thunder, Super Tucano already hidden in NAF TAC Makurdi air base SOON!!!!!!

Meanwhile...

IRIS-T speed mach 3

PL-9C speed mach 3+

You guys should stop trying to beat me at my own game....look for my weakpoint if you are smart enough to find it

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

No, I read all citations, they all prove me correct. Mokopa has ONLY laser guidance that can be easily jammed by any smoke any time anywhere.

Both clearly say mmW

Or are you blind?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

Nigeria's NAF at 2014 air expo will display Su-30 Flanker, JF-17 Thunder, Super Tucano already hidden in NAF TAC Makurdi air base SOON!!!!!!

Meanwhile...

IRIS-T speed mach 3

PL-9C speed mach 3+

You guys should stop trying to beat me at my own game....look for my weakpoint if you are smart enough to find it

Weakpoint: J-7... only 3 of them grin grin

There have been many Nigerian airshows since you said you have had the Tucano... all you have managed to put in the sky is 3 measly Coffins

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
patches689:

Both clearly say mmW

Or are you blind?

No, the first said you don't have wwM, the other said it does not even exist is South Africa. Quote your claims in clear written words and let us mock you like teenagers did to you today on invisionfree website.

M..oron of Gauteng got scammed by internet teenagers today. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

No, the first said you don't have wwM, the other said it does not even exist is South Africa. Quote your claims in clear written words and let us mock you like teenagers did to you today on invisionfree website.

Feel free to show us where it says that.

Come now, show us.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
patches689:

Weakpoint: J-7... only 3 of them grin grin

There have been many Nigerian airshows since you said you have had the Tucano... all you have managed to put in the sky is 3 measly Coffins

2014 air expo was announced for April but postponed. Maybe you personally hold air shows in Nigeria inside South African embassy building.

11 F-7s with 170 missiles

26 Gripens with 25 missiles....World Record Missiles Shortage tongue tongue

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

2014 air expo was announced for April but postponed. Maybe you personally hold air shows in Nigeria inside South African embassy building.

11 F-7s with 170 missiles

26 Gripens with 25 missiles....World Record Missiles Shortage tongue tongue

That means we can fire 2 missiles per J-7

World Record Missile Surplus grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

still waiting...

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
Henry120:

Nigeria had signed a long standing contract with ukraine for the delivery of T-84M tanks. There hve been tank crews training in the ukraine on the system, even before the Ukraine crisis began.

Nigerians do not claim. I provided prove on a Czech republic newspaper which clearly stated nigeria, Algeria and India are to take delivery of T-72's from cezch surplus stock.

There is no proof nigeria received or use the following,
****Fighter jets( although we haven't yet seen these)
Streit MK III
MRAPs
MI-35M helicopters
T-84 Oplot
Gulma Etc etc, however, we've seen photos of nigerian troops and pilots operating these systems.

I have found no source to back this up.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
Henry120:

You have no Data Links. Let us see photos. More links for links that don't exist. LOL

Try smarter. Show us SANDF operational links?

That is not a pic of a data link, you can not take a pic of a data link. It is a concept of linking data not a Fing radar scope

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

T-84 tank, not T-80....fool grin

Nigerian air defence is NOT mythical, we have displyed them in action on this forum. All South African air force aircraft will be sh.ot down in 1 minute.

Mokopa has 10km range, now show us the range of the FLIR targeting system on your Rooivalk helicopters.....it is less than 5km... Rooivalk will be withing death zone range of Nigerian army k.iller Roland anti-aircraft missiles and Shilka AAA has 7km maximum range.

Fool of Gauteng ; D ; D

it is a modified T80

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

Meanwhile...

IRIS-T speed mach 3

PL-9C speed mach 3+

PL9 has the same seeker head as the python AAM, SA makes counter messuers and as the Python AAM thus the PL9 AAMs seeker head. We can thus make a counter the PL9 far better than you the IRIS-T.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

Smoke can't jam it.

Also keep in mind that SA deploys groups,similar to the army. In SA doctrine a battalion=Battalion group,comes with reccon elements,engineers,sniper etc.

With that in mind,SA doesn't deploy tanks alone they come with mechanised infantry,armoured cars etc

Fighting as a system,you deploy smoke. The Ratels(all 20,60,80,90,ZT-A3),Rooikats,Olifants,Casspirs,Mambas and others will match over your heads.

A Mokopa missile will be least of your worries,As 60mm,81 mortars,Machine guns like M1919 medium machine gun will be positions strafing

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

Meanwhile...

IRIS-T speed mach 3

PL-9C speed mach 3+

CHILDISH :

IRIS-T range:25km. The speed of missile irrelevant as it is outranged LOL. As your jets will be shot down before they can get close to engage.

Childish:

South Africa will soon reveal multi-role stealth fighter hidden somewhere in Makhado.

Keep dreaming,desperate child.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
patches689:

That means we can fire 2 missiles per J-7

World Record Missile Surplus grin

After F-7 uses flares counter measures to waste all 25 Gripen missiles, we then open fire with 55 F-7 PL-9 and PL-7 missiles...

World record disaster for South Africa grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
patches689:

still waiting...

....For Patrick to copy and quote mmW written sources on Mokopa after he got scammed by teenagers on invisionfree today grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
andrewza:

it is a modified T80

Gripen jet is a modified Viggen jet.

T-84 will tear Olifant into pieces
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
MikeZA: CHILDISH :

IRIS-T range:25km. The speed of missile irrelevant as it is outranged LOL. As your jets will be shot down before they can get close to engage.

Childish:

South Africa will soon reveal multi-role stealth fighter hidden somewhere in Makhado.

Keep dreaming,desperate child.

The 3km gap between IRIS-T range and PL-9 range will be closed by supersonic F-7 jet in only 1 second !!!!

PL-9 is faster and reaches target before IRIS-T.

Both SAAF and NAF will d.ie in air battle F-7 vs Gripen.

However, Su-30 and JF-17 is our new air superiority over you.

Air expo 2014 will show the world how Nigerian airforce become superior to South African air force overnight !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

The 3km gap between IRIS-T range and PL-9 range will be closed by supersonic F-7 jet in only 1 second !!!!

PL-9 is faster and reaches target before IRIS-T.

Both SAAF and NAF will d.ie in air battle F-7 vs Gripen.

However, Su-30 and JF-17 is our new air superiority over you.

Air expo 2014 will show the world how Nigerian airforce become superior to South African air force overnight !
F-7 inferior in terms of avionics,canards,EW kit etc to the Gripen.

SAAF pilots are more trained,and their tactics proved effective when pinned against other Gripen pilots from other nations during Exercise Lion effort. In close combat.

Air combat isn't about the jets,but about the systems from C2 systems,radars and EW systems in support. How many US jets did the Indian SU-30K down during some exercise years back when support by such systems?

This SU-30Ks are the same which were returned to Russia and now some of them sold to our Angolan Allies.

The F-7 is a plain copy of the MIG-21 which SAAFF downed in Angola with cannon fire,from Mirages.

Keep dreaming dreamer!!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
MikeZA: F-7 inferior in terms of avionics,canards,EW kit etc to the Gripen.

SAAF pilots are more trained,and their tactics proved effective when pinned against other Gripen pilots from other nations during Exercise Lion effort. In close combat.

Air combat isn't about the jets,but about the systems from C2 systems,radars and EW systems in support. How many US jets did the Indian SU-30K down during some exercise years back when support by such systems?

This SU-30Ks are the same which were returned to Russia and now some of them sold to our Angolan Allies.

The F-7 is a plain copy of the MIG-21 which SAAFF downed in Angola with cannon fire,from Mirages.

Keep dreaming dreamer!!!!

South African airforce has the WEAKEST Gripen jets in the world, poorly armed with very short range missile and only ONE missile for each jet.

SAAF pilots don't fly because of lack of funds and 12 Gripens are frozen in long term storage.

Gripen jet maneuverability is VERY poor in air combat....F-7 jet uses latest Italian radar and has ECM suite plus vertical stabilizer for flight maneuvers.

Both airforces are balanced equal today September, but by December NAF air expo Nigeria will show all it's secretly purchased NAF Flankers, Thunders, Tucanos, and 40 new combat helicopters....we are not in a hurry to show the world that NAF is now superior to SAAF. We wait till 2014 air expo show December
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

South African airforce has the WEAKEST Gripen jets in the world, poorly armed with very short range missile and only ONE missile for each jet.

SAAF pilots don't fly because of lack of funds and 12 Gripens are frozen in long term storage.

Gripen jet maneuverability is VERY poor in air combat....F-7 jet uses latest Italian radar and has ECM suite plus vertical stabilizer for flight maneuvers.

Both airforces are balanced equal today September, but by December NAF air expo Nigeria will show all it's secretly purchased NAF Flankers, Thunders, Tucanos, and 40 new combat helicopters....we are not in a hurry to show the world that NAF is now superior to SAAF. We wait till 2014 air expo show December

SAAF Gripen Cs and Ds are highly advanced and South Africanised.

With the Cobra HMD the Gripen can attack,targets behind the aircraft making manoeuvrebility irrelevant.

Latest ECM with a radar coverage of less than 50km? That shows other kit is pure trash.

Gripens are rotated between short storages,every Gripen is flown within 60 days. This was after consultations with saab.

Remember they're under OT&E.

Keep dreaming Dreamer.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
GreenandGold:

If I were you I wouldn't say that... a SAAF Hercules flew into your airspace just 48hours ago.

#WeFlyIntoYourAirspace

before nko. who do you expect to come and carry those dead smelly rotten bodies back to soweto.. santa clause?

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

After F-7 uses flares counter measures to waste all 25 Gripen missiles, we then open fire with 55 F-7 PL-9 and PL-7 missiles...

World record disaster for South Africa grin

The F7NI uses cheap technology. It will never defeat gripen.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
chris365:

before nko. who do you expect to come and carry those dead smelly rotten bodies back to soweto.. santa clause?
Illiterate and misinformed bustar..d with no respect for the dead,making silly statements.

The SAAF C-130BZ went to Nigeria to fly home,25 saffers not bodies.

Investigate and get your facts right,before posting such rubbis..h.

Soweto is better than your Makoko slam.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
MikeZA: Illiterate and misinformed bustar..d with no respect for the dead,making silly statements.

The SAAF C-130BZ went to Nigeria to fly home,25 saffers not bodies.

Investigate and get your facts right,before posting such rubbis..h.

Soweto is better than your Makoko slam.

simple question.. who did you expect to carry yhe smelly things and the wounded animals back to soweto... santa clause?

i didn't ask for a butt hurt comment.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
Henry120:
Nigeria operates more than 24 SA 330 Puma and Super Puma helicopters. Nigeria also operates 6 MI-17 transport helicopters. We have received an additional 10 MI-171SH transport helicopters from our old orders.

The MI-35 is a better, more sophisticated attack helicopter than the Rooivalk. It also has the added advantage of carrying 8 fully equipped troops.

The Airforce flies 5 C-130's, 6 G-222 and 2 known Boeing 737-500 planes.

You have a limited requirement of just 24 helicopters, yet you could only afford 10.

Oh no you don't, and cannot. You're too broke to even pay your limited number of personnel

"Life in the South African military is not seen as desirable by many potential recruits. Pay can be erratic, HIV rates are as high as 25% (making these troops unavailable for external deployment) and an estimated 35% of South Africa's military barracks have been classed as unfit for human occupation since 2007 (Mail & Guardian [Johannesburg], April 21, 2012). Without money to operate sophisticated equipment, skilled staff continue to flee at the end of their enlistment and there is little opportunity for new recruits to train in skills useful in the civilian world. Parliament's Joint Standing Committee on Defense has described abuse of women in the SANDF as "common," adding that many female recruits have been impregnated by their instructors (BUAnews, November 26, 2011). Racial abuse of black subordinates by white senior officers also remains a problem 19 years into the integration process. South African troops are unionized and have at times clashed with police during pay disputes."

No you don't, I've proven that multiple times, and I lack the will to educate you on this matter again.

Oh no you don't. You only have 10, neither could you provide the money to operate them. The U.N pays for the operation of the helicopter in the DRC as your government did not have the money to either fly them to the DRC or operate them in the DRC till the U.N reimburses.

South Africa's once-effective air force has new aircraft but cannot afford the fuel and maintenance needed to keep them in the air. Despite this, one element of the air force that did see extensive time in the air was Squadron 21, charged with flying South African VIPs and government ministers. Former defense minister Lindiwe Sisilu booked 203 flights over three years in chartered luxury Gulfstream jets at an estimated cost of $4.5 million. Some 63 of the flights were empty, as they were intended solely to pick the minister up somewhere and take her to another destination in what one opposition critic described as "a staggering waste of money"

This is the Sad state of the south-african military. You can continue living in your fantasy land all you want, it doesn't however change the sad state of the SANDF.

Even bald headed Jacob Zuma couldn't fly to today's UN General Assembly meeting in his official plane! He had to travel to the USA in a chartered aircraft. cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
chris365:

simple question.. who did you expect to carry yhe smelly things and the wounded animals back to soweto... santa clause?

i didn't ask for a butt hurt comment.

Continue swimming in Makoko.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.