Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:58 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4464965 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
agaugust:

So you know all along that Boko Haram spreads propaganda and not truth ! Wow ! Great confession !

It is a question. Yay or Nay?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
ThaVluit:

There's a difference between a "military" and an "army". If the Nigerian "military" is compromised from within, then the issue is very much that of "military capabilities".
ok i think the word "compromised" is been defined in a whole broader concept than my quote meant. The Nigerian army is compromised to be "indecisive" in some scenarios due to political manipulation. This does not in any way in my ,opinion, hamper their capabilities. Their discipline maybe.

I understand that the Boko haram crisis has become the yardstick for gauging the Nigerian Military. But i beg to differ. It is still not a proper conventional warfare and the political class in Nigeria is playing political warfare with it. Our peace keeping records stands to be beaten yet. I dare to say that any country ,no matter how advanced , faced with a terrorist outfit that hides within civilians and does hit and run will also find it a challenge to deal with. Couple with the fact that the political leadership is shielding their sponsors, you get a glimps of what we are facing in Nigeria.

It is what the US faced in Afghanistan, Iraq etc. SouthAfrica that most of you are routing for are indeed well equipped but i must remind you that when they launch a peace keeping mission in Mali or a certain east African country, they were slaughtered like chickens in spite of their advanced weapons.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
[quote author=lezz post=26915924 SouthAfrica that most of you are routing for are indeed well equipped but i must remind you that when they launch a peace keeping mission in Mali or a certain east African country, they were slaughtered like chickens in spite of their advanced weapons.[/quote] It seems you don't know a thing about SA military history nor about our "teen insurgensie'.

The USA and their allies learned in both Iraq and Afghanistan what SA learned in the 70s and 80s.

Their troops were being blown into pieces by IEDs inside their light "Humvees" and other vehicles,to solve this they turned to "SA vehicle design technology" from the 80s!!!!

Ask them about mortars again!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
We also saw the mighty USA military starting to introduce more wheeled vehicles than tracked ones.

Something armies with real COIN and low intensity warfare experience have been doing!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
[quote author=MikeZA post=26916353][/quote] still doesnt negate what i said. Good weaponry do not always make good soldier or military. Southafrica supplying US vehicles doesnt make them military giants in any way whatsoever. The only scenario where south african army have triumphed is against apatheid, my humble opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
lezz:
still doesnt negate what i said. Good weaponry do not always make good soldier or military. Southafrica supplying US vehicles doesnt make them military giants in any way whatsoever. The only scenario where south african army have triumphed is against apatheid, my humble opinion.
The challenges which influenced the USA to buy "SA design" vehicles,which were introduced to the SA army in the 80s shows what they're going through is something we solved in the 80s.

Listen to your self: Triumphed against apartheid?

Get your facts straight Mr or you're a Nigerian and I should call you a "Oga"?

SA soldiers are admired world over for their fighting capabilities.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
MikeZA:
The challenges which influenced the USA to buy "SA design" vehicles,which were introduced to the SA army in the 80s shows what they're going through is something we solved in the 80s.

Listen to your self: Triumphed against apartheid?

Get your facts straight Mr or you're a Nigerian and I should call you a "Oga"?

SA soldiers are admired world over for their fighting capabilities.
lol. I and maybe the world know of one or two south african military hardware companies but never south african soldiers. We know south african companies have drone capabilities and was attempting nuclear in the 80s or thereabout until the US halted them. Which country has south african soldiers performed their gallantry?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
lezz:
lol. I and maybe the world know of one or two south african military hardware companies but never south african soldiers. We know south african companies have drone capabilities and was attempting nuclear in the 80s or thereabout until the US halted them. Which country has south african soldiers performed their gallantry?
All products from the 80s were designed to meet the needs of the then SADF not exports. Operational requirements for the war in Angola,and what shape the battlefield might take in the 90s if nothing changed.

SA had air deliverable nuclear weapons.

Attempts were on "mounting" them on ICBMs.

Countries?

Cuba,North Korea,Soviet blog countries,Angola to Mozambique.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
MikeZA:
All products from the 80s were designed to meet the needs of the then SADF not exports. Operational requirements for the war in Angola,and what shape the battlefield might take in 90s if nothing changed.

Countries?

still did not negate what i have been saying. With all of south africa's advance weaponry, they still have not performed at the international level with their soldiers on foreign soil. And south africa is not Nuclear armed, PLEASE.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
EISHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I can't seem to shake off this man off my feet.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
lezz:

Did you know that there were thousands of former South African soldiers serving in private paramilitary companies in Iraq? South Africa is the home of modern day mercenaries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
lezz:
still did not negate what i have been saying. With all of south africa's advance weaponry, they still have not performed at the international level with their soldiers on foreign soil. And south africa is not Nuclear armed, PLEASE.
SA soldiers performed well in Angola,Tanzania,Korea,Mozambique,Zambia,Botswana,Lesotho,Namibia,CAR,DRC,Korea,Europe and other countries.

SA had nuclear weapons. 6 bombs were already built,plans were now fitting such weapons on ICBMs(intercontinental ballistic missiles)

What's new to others,SA has been doing that since the 80s.

GET YOUR FACRS STRAIGHT.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
lezz:

Meaning, you don't know the history of SA military. What about in Angola? Is still that not international platform?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
lezz:

Does getting the M23 out of Congo not count as "international performance"?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
MikeZA:
All products from the 80s were designed to meet the needs of the then SADF not exports. Operational requirements for the war in Angola,and what shape the battlefield might take in the 90s if nothing changed.

Countries?

NOPE, YOU PROVE YOUR CLAIMS WITH HISTORICAL FACTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cuba almost defeated South Africa and you ran to UN for mediation and peace negotiations to settle the war on a round table talk party.

Korea, South Africa only fought visibly in the air with American donated warplanes and 70% of them were sh.ot down by North Korea, SADF wasted almost all the fighter planes America gave you.

Soviet Bloc countries? When did South Africa fight USSR? The fact that your country still exists today proves you never challenged Soviet Union.

Angola-Mozambique, the armies of MPLA and FRELIMO you fought against are now ruling those countries because SADF failed to crush them, so South Africa lost as usual.

Your list surprisingly avoids C.A.R Seleka rebels, you swept that under the carpet because you don't want this forum to humiliate South African army again for your loss to illiterate farmer and teenage rebels who now use captured South African equipment as their own without paying you for transfer of ownership because SANDF ran away in broad daylight.

The whole history of South African military has ZERO record of victory, it's all stalemate or defeat....and you do NOT qualify to judge Nigerian army or even that of Kenya.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
GreenandGold:

United Nations military force of over 12 countries defeated M23 rebels in Congo, and Tanzanian army commanded and led South African army into battle.

Please don't come and 419 scam us here by stealing the glory of the whole world and claiming in for South Africa.

I laugh as you South Afrians daily search your country's military war history, struggling and sweating to find even one clear victory to post on Nairaland....keep struggling and searching, SANDF log book of war victory is a empty page !

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
All this evidence the Nigerian military will still deny their pilot?

http://abusidiqu.com/heroic-last-minute-details-nigeria-airforce-alpha-jet-shot-boko-haram/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
agaugust:

Cuba almost defeated South Africa and you ran to UN for mediation and peace negotiations to settle the war on a round table talk party.

Korea, South Africa only fought visibly in the air with American donated warplanes and 70% of them were sh.ot down by North Korea, SADF wasted almost all the fighter planes America gave you.

Soviet Bloc countries? When did South Africa fight USSR? The fact that your country still exists today proves you never challenged Soviet Union.

Angola-Mozambique, the armies of MPLA and FRELIMO you fought against are now ruling those countries because SADF failed to crush them, so South Africa lost as usual.

Your list surprisingly avoids C.A.R Seleka rebels, you swept that under the carpet because you don't want this forum to humiliate South African army again for your loss to illiterate farmer and teenage rebels who now use captured South African equipment as their own without paying you for transfer of ownership because SANDF ran away in broad daylight.

The whole history of South African military has ZERO record of victory, it's all stalemate or defeat....and you do NOT qualify to judge Nigerian army or even that of Kenya.

State it correctly. Cuba, Russia, ANC (MK), APLA, Angola and others almost defeated SA.

Don't ever even mention Bangui battle, because that was not even a war. It involved only 200 SA soldiers and only lasted few hours and not even days. SA can destroy the whole of CAR in just few hours, that you know. CAR or Seleka does not have the kind of firepower we have. We will defeat CAR without any hussle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
agaugust:

1. Cuba defeat who? Where and when?

2. SA soldiers killed many USSR soldiers,their special forces took a beating from SA commandos.

3. Don't mix politics to what happened on the battlefield.

A. ANC never defeated the SADF in battle but the liberation movement is in power today.

4. Seleka was badly damaged militarily when they entered Bangui,as politics influence battles it was up to politicians to decide whether the SANDF should go in and finish them up.

A. It took Seleka hours to overrun AU checkpoint,but they failed to do the same and capture Bangui. For more than 10 hours they failed to kill all 200 SA troops,which seemed to be an easy task for a force able to field more than 2000 troops

5. You love making claims but when pressed further to reveal your knowledge,you go into hiding only come back with the same old argument.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
MikeZA:

1. Cuba defeat who? Where and when?

2. SA soldiers killed many USSR soldiers,their special forces took a beating from SA commandos.

3. Don't mix politics to what happened on the battlefield.

A. ANC never defeated the SADF in battle but the liberation movement is in power today.

4. Seleka was badly damaged militarily when they entered Bangui,as politics influence battles it was up to politicians to decide whether the SANDF should go in and finish them up.

A. It took Seleka hours to overrun AU checkpoint,but they failed to do the same and capture Bangui. For more than 10 hours they failed to kill all 200 SA troops,which seemed to be an easy task for a force able to field more than 2000 troops

5. You love making claims but when pressed further to reveal your knowledge,you go into hiding only come back with the same old argument.

That is why sometimes I don't even bother responding to most of that guys comments he twists facts and he's almost 90% always historically incorrect when he writes about past events, he changes the subject when he get cornered.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
MikeZA:
SA soldiers performed well in Angola,Tanzania,Korea,Mozambique,Zambia,Botswana,Lesotho,Namibia,CAR,DRC,Korea,Europe and other countries.

SA had nuclear weapons. 6 bombs were already built,plans were now fitting such weapons on ICBMs(intercontinental ballistic missiles)

What's new to others,SA has been doing that since the 80s.

GET YOUR FACRS STRAIGHT.
you said SA "had" nuclear weapons but not "have". Then that settles it for it strengthens my argument. Even though i still do not buy most of your assertions.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
GreenandGold:

it cannot be called a conventional was situation or a military intervention in the strict sense of the word. It war indeed a kind of military operation but not warfare.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
lezz:
it cannot be called a conventional was situation or a military intervention in the strict sense of the word. It war indeed a kind of military operation but not warfare.

Go and sleep, because I can see that you are tired of reasoning just like @Agabugubu.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
Msauza:

Meaning, you don't know the history of SA military. What about in Angola? Is still that not international platform?
i understand that in the 80s and late 70s that marked the desire of the soviet union to extend its ideology to africa by military and economic means, several african countries where target of which southafrica and nigeria and to a lesser extent ethiopia where the main juice. Southafrica then was still an apatheid country and in all honesty was a mere extension of anglo-dutch europe. Southafrica developed her military and hardware companies were heavily budgeted and they came up with many advanced weaponry. Still Her army has no experience in warfare . The Southafrica that was birthed in 1994, that reflects the southafrican army today, though still seen across the world as a quasi europe extension, do not have soldiering experience. Her military might be sophisticated but her soldiers still lacking real battle experience. This was proved in Mali or an east African country.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
lezz:
i understand that in the 80s and late 70s that marked the desire of the soviet union to extend its ideology to africa by military and economic means, several african countries where target of which southafrica and nigeria and to a lesser extent ethiopia where the main juice. Southafrica then was still an apatheid country and in all honesty was a mere extension of anglo-dutch europe. Southafrica developed her military and hardware companies were heavily budgeted and they came up with many advanced weaponry. Still Her army has no experience in warfare . The Southafrica that was birthed in 1994, that reflects the southafrican army today, though still seen across the world as a quasi europe extension, do not have soldiering experience. Her military might be sophisticated but her soldiers still lacking real battle experience. This was proved in Mali or an east African country.

Don't you think those are not the effects of drinking too much palm wine at the joint?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
Msauza:

Go and sleep, because I can see that you are tired of reasoning just like @Agabugubu.
lmao. It is still early yet. But i should point you to Mali; that was war like Liberia or Bosnia. Lol
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
agaugust:

United Nations military force of over 12 countries defeated M23 rebels in Congo, and Tanzanian army commanded and led South African army into battle.

Please don't come and 419 scam us here by stealing the glory of the whole world and claiming in for South Africa.

I laugh as you South Afrians daily search your country's military war history, struggling and sweating to find even one clear victory to post on Nairaland....keep struggling and searching, SANDF log book of war victory is a empty page !

you should represent Nigeria in either AU or at the UN. Chai, you know book no be small. I dey use my sense no say those guys they yarn opata

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
agaugust:

*clearing throat *

- The SANDF Special Forces killed the M23 Generals
- The SAAF Rooivalk bombarded the rebels out of their bases and who so ever survived left the Congo.

So which part here is the world's?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
lezz:
The Southafrica that was birthed in 1994, that reflects the southafrican army today, though still seen across the world as a quasi europe extension, do not have soldiering experience. Her military might be sophisticated but her soldiers still lacking real battle experience. This was proved in Mali or an east African country.

Training (like the one the SANDF gets) is sufficient to cover up for experience. 90% of the US soldiers that fought in the Gulf War had no experience while Iraq had all her troops experienced in the Iraq/Iran war.

We all know how it turned out, experience didn't count for much when properly trained US Forces came bones-crashing the Iraqis.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
Msauza:

Don't you think those are not the effects of drinking too much palm wine at the joint?
i would not know about that. You seem to be the expert.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
GreenandGold:

Training (like the one the SANDF gets) is sufficient to cover up for experience. 90% of the US soldiers that fought in the Gulf War had no experience while Iraq had all her troops experienced in the Iraq/Iran war.

We all know how it turned out, experience didn't count for much when properly trained US Forces came bones-crashing the Iraqis.
correct! But the US army has never really been inactive since world war 2. With all their peace keeping and intervention operations across the world..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2014
GreenandGold:

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT A BULLET FIRED BY AN INEXPERIENCE SOLDIER IS JUST AS FATAL AS THAT OF AN EXPERIENCED SOLDIER.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.