Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,755 members, 7,862,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:38 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1507) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4466222 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1504) (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2014
patches689:

What?

Nigeria has no operational missile armed vessels

Our "defunct" subs sunk an entire NATO task-force

NN is a joke, zero warfighting ability

Yes, the heroine class sub is one of the most advanced diesel electric subs in the world, it also boasts a ton of South African made electronics for e.g the periscopes which are build by Carl Zeiss (now Cassidian) Optronics South Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
patches689:

What?

and you gonna fight a naval battle with most of your warships in repairs or grounded?,not forgetting that you now have only one functioning submarine with an half charged battery.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2014
jln115:
Future SAN from 2017:
Surface combatants
4X Valour class frigate
4X (ex warrior class)OPVs
3X new OPVs/light Frigates/corvettes(from 2016-2018)
3X T-craft-class IPVs
6X new IPVs(from 2016-2018)

Patrol boats(Harbour)
30X Namacurra class
50X Riverine Patrol Boats(from 2016-2018)

Submarines
3X Heroine-class

Auxiliaries
1X AOR class(SAS Drakensberg)
1X Hecla class(SAS Protea)
1X New Hydrographic survey Ship(from 2015)

Have you seen Nigerian navy's 2008-2018 masterplan ? It beats that of South African navy blue black !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2014
patches689:

Yep

Getting the warrior class OPV/s online has freed up so much needed maintenance time for the Valour Class
Yes and using our OPVs for anti-Piracy is a lot more cost effective than using the frigates. Besides our OPVs might be replaced in the next 2 years thanks to project biro, SAN can just aswell get the most out of these OPVs before they receive the new ones.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

Have you seen Nigerian navy's 2008-2018 masterplan ? It beats that of South African navy blue black !
Nope i havent actually , why dont you post a source!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2014
patches689:

Nope, SAAF has the Gripen which does what the scorpion does, so for us it would be sh@t

and what have we got?

More money than you

7 Frigates

Deal with it cool

May we also begin to claim all the new ships in Nigerian navy master plan?

Scorpion jet ISR endurance time airborne 300 minutes

Gripen jet Recce Only, enducance time airborne 45 minutes

Old fashioned Gripen of 1998 tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2014
jln115:
Hahahah NN officers cant even swim!!!!

www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=37270:nigerian-navy-introduces-compulsory-swimming-lessons-for-navy-officers&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106

South African navy chief of staff CANNOT navigate a boat on the river, he has NO shipping training or certificate tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
EVarn:
and you gonna fight a naval battle with most of your warships in repairs or grounded?,not forgetting that you now have only one functioning submarine with an half charged battery.
We are at peace we wont be fighting a naval battle in the near future ,btw we always have 2 operational subs at any given time, SAS Manthatisi just finished her refit and SAS charlotte Maxeke will be next, and SAS Queen Modjadji is still operational. Although we only did have one sub operational in Aug but that has since changed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

South African navy chief of staff CANNOT navigate a boat on the river, he has NO shipping training or certificate tongue tongue

Citation needed....BTW JF-17 is a 3rd Gen Aircraft, proved by yourself!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

May we also begin to claim all the new ships in Nigerian navy master plan?

Scorpion jet ISR endurance time airborne 300 minutes

Gripen jet Recce Only, enducance time airborne 45 minutes

Old fashioned Gripen of 1998 tongue tongue
Yes old fashioned 4.5th gen Aircraft, unlike the 3rd Gen JF-17 that you proved.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
patches689:

NNS Aradu has been in "refit" since 2012

NNS Ambe is an LST not a supply ship

China is transferring no combat ships at all

JC-17 is still a pipe dream

The only thing the Nigerian navy is a threat to is its own vessels.

South African submarine was in refit for 7 years just change battery 2007 to 2014.

LST carries anything from heavy armoured vehicles, food, to fuel, it has cargo space for any cargo.

China is transferring one combat ship to Nigerian navy officially announced and posted here many times .

JF-17 Thunder is a done deal.

Nigerian navy is the biggest threat to South African navy in Sub Saharan Africa
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

South African submarine was in refit for 7 years just change battery 2007 to 2014.

LST carries anything from heavy armoured vehicles, food, to fuel, it has cargo space for any cargo.

China is transferring one combat ship to Nigerian navy officially announced and posted here many times .

JF-17 Thunder is a done deal.

Nigerian navy is the biggest threat to South African navy in Sub Saharan Africa
Our Subs are being fully upgraded/refitted!
And your DONE DEAL jf-17 are 3rd gen aircraft!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2014
patches689:

What exactly are you even asking for here?

Are you embarrassed that after saying no one has bought the "over priced" Mbombe we were able to instantly prove you wrong?

Anyway, 50 sold so far
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34607:jordanian-armed-forces-buy-50-mbombe-armoured-vehicles&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105

I said you have a potential buyer that has not paid you one dollar yet, and your source above confirms only paper work signed, not payment for the paltry insignificant 50 units of an over-priced Mbombe
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

I said you have a potential buyer that has not paid you one dollar yet, and your source above confirms only paper work signed, not payment for the paltry insignificant 50 units of an over-priced Mbombe
hahaha just be quiet mate!!you are embarrassing yourself!
You still havent given me an answer on can i join you brotherhood.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
patches689:

We needed to replace the Mirage

Gripen is the obvious choice, and at the time the only choice considering the other two were the Mirage 2000 and the Rafael

The Hawks can drop PMG's

You need CAS, why not buy a CAS asset?

We need to replace the F-7 jet

Mi-35 Hind can drop PGMs

We are buyng JF-17, Su-30, and for COIN we might mix Tucano + Scorpion + FrogFoot

NAF will be 10 times better in aircraft mix and diversified capabilities than SAAF....your ranking is dropping below Uganda now!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

We need to replace the F-7 jet

Mi-35 Hind can drop PGMs

We are buyng JF-17, Su-30, and for COIN we might mix Tucano + Scorpion + FrogFoot

NAF will be 10 times better in aircraft mix and diversified capabilities than SAAF....your ranking is dropping below Uganda now!
Dude do you even read your own post before actually posting it?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
jln115:

Yes, the heroine class sub is one of the most advanced diesel electric subs in the world, it also boasts a ton of South African made electronics for e.g the periscopes which are build by Carl Zeiss (now Cassidian) Optronics South Africa.

Your submarines are obsolescent, new version is already out in the market, Egypt is likely buying that.

South Afrcan weapons are mostly dated 1990s technology and fast becoming obsolete by now 2014.

Nigeria and Algeria are buying the most modern weapons in Africa 2014-2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

Your submarines are obsolescent, new version is already out in the market, Egypt is likely buying that.

South Afrcan weapons are mostly dated 1990s technology and fast becoming obsolete by now 2014.

Nigeria and Algeria are buying the most modern weapons in Africa 2014-2015
Yes like the 3rd gen Jf-17!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:19pm On Dec 10, 2014
jln115:

Maybe as a trainer? i mean the jf-17 is only a 3rd gen aircraft, proved by yourself.

LOL, Saudi Arabia is buying a 3rd generation aircraft after buying 4.5th generation Eurofighter Typhoon. LOL.

I like your comedy, execpt that it degrades your public image here. LOL. Keep it up cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

LOL, Saudi Arabia is buying a 3rd generation aircraft after buying 4.5th generation Eurofighter Typhoon. LOL.

I like your comedy, execpt that it degrades your public image here. LOL. Keep it up cheesy
I said as a trainer Aircraft you village idi0t!!! PLEASE LEARN TO READ
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
patches689:

What?

NN, NAF, NA are all being rebuilt with billions of dollars, that is public information known world wide. Give them another 12 months and see wonder.

SAN submarine played war game with 1970-1980s NATO ships including oil tankers, only one ship was modern in the NATO fleet.

NATO also fooled South Africa by refusing to use any of their latest anti-submarine helicopters in that war game.

Next you didn't know that real modern NATO ships have anti-torpedo decoys and if you fire torpedoes at them they will counter it, waste your torpedoes, discover your submarine position and decend on you with anti-submarine helicopters to sink your submarine.

You think NATO is a fool? NATO is built to fight mighty Russia not South Africa....fool cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

NN, NAF, NA are all being rebuilt with billions of dollars, that is public information known world wide. Give them another 12 months and see wonder.

SAN submarine played war game with 1970-1980s NATO ships including oil tankers, only one ship was modern in the NATO fleet.

NATO also fooled South Africa by refusing to use any of their latest anti-submarine helicopters in that war game.

Next you didn't know that real modern NATO ships have anti-torpedo decoys and if you fire torpedoes at them they will counter it, waste your torpedoes, discover your submarine position and decend on you with anti-submarine helicopters to sink your submarine.

You think NATO is a fool? NATO is built to fight mighty Russia not South Africa....fool cheesy
"that is public information known world wide" yes the public in your head, as for the real world, please provide citation to prove your statement.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:12pm On Dec 10, 2014
jln115:

Hahaha yes its cool but it looks so overdone hahaha just like their super super size hamburgers.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

SHORAD, if my memory serves me well it was developed to protect the petangon.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
jln115:

JF-17 is a 3rd Gen Aircraft, proved by yourself!

LOL...did I write up that website? LOL.

And the rest of the world the calls JF-17 aircraft 4th generation including the Europeans who are much more intelligent than you South Africans cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2014
jln115:

jf-17 are 3rd gen aircraft!

You don't know this forum, you will write nonsense to a point that people will find it unattractive to reply your comments. I've been here for 2 years.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
jln115:

"that is public information known world wide" yes the public in your head, as for the real world, please provide citation to prove your statement.

I have repeated full analysis of that NATO Vs SAN war game more than 5 times here on this forum I won't go back to search my 6,000 posts for every new South African that joins this forum, so you too spend your time to search the archives, google @agaugust NATO old ships vs South Africa nairaland, then sift through the search results spending your own time not mine
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

LOL...did I write up that website? LOL.

And the rest of the world the calls JF-17 aircraft 4th generation including the Europeans who are much more intelligent than you South Africans cheesy
But the people who built it say its a 3rd Gen ! and the source you posted was a wiki source which you edited.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
jln115:

I said as a trainer Aircraft you village idi0t!!! PLEASE LEARN TO READ

JF-17 is not a trainer, so ....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
jln115:

Nope i havent actually , why dont you post a source!

Defenceweb posted boldly it for people like you
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

I have repeated full analysis of that NATO Vs SAN war game more than 5 times here on this forum I won't go back to search my 6,000 posts for every new South African that joins this forum, so you too spend your time to search the archives, google @agaugust NATO old ships vs South Africa nairaland, then sift through the search results spending your own time not mine
Post sources and stop being so emotional.... is it that time of the month already?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

Defenceweb posted boldly it for people like you
Then post it!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

JF-17 is not a trainer, so ....
What about the 2 seater isnt that a trainer ,you village idi0t?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1504) (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.