Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1790) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4435289 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 11:44am On Feb 08, 2015
lezz:
I do not usually quote sources or rush to google. I blast you with facts learnt from my wide and extensive reading. That's just one proof the superiority of our educational system over yours.

I shall oblige you just once with a source :
Although they make up a tiny portion of the U.S. population, a whopping 17 percent of all Nigerians in this country held master’s degrees while 4 percent had a doctorate, according to the 2006 American Community Survey conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau. In addition, 37 percent had bachelor’s degrees. http://www.chron.com/news/article/Data-show-Nigerians-the-most-educated-in-the-U-S-1600808.php.
Believe it or not the above facts is an except from a forum debating whether your southafrica is under curse. And the achievements of Nigeria at home and abroad was brought in as an evidence there is hope for Africa.

Now there shall be no more sources for you, nitwit slumy scum.

It is a known fact that over half of southafrican youths are school dropouts. 65 percent of your schools are without liberary.

After you were liberated by the rest of Africa in 1994 , you are still adapting to universal code of behaviour, education and urban civilization.

You are a thief when you quote me statistics of a few dutch settlement. The rest of southafrica are still years behind other Africans of western origin.

When apartheid was obliterated, west Africans filled up all job vacancies and teaching positions. You are still on the process of adopting to modern ways of living.

Now let me upload you into the 21st century, a town in southafrica is home to the 2nd biggest ghetto in the land of aliens, humans and spirits. Rats feed on human babies.

Over %68 of your puplic schools are without books and liberary. Majority of them have pit toilets.

Your xenophobic culture stems from your inability and low qualification to be employed in your own country and you unleaded terror on Zimbabweans, zambians, Nigerians, Ghanaians and other Africans who are more educated than you are.

All the cities built by the Anglo-dutch are under decay and rotting away bit by bit. You claim to generate so much power for electricity yet your cities are undergoing load shedding, hehehe.

Your companies are setting up shops in Nigeria and othet African countries to escape a harsh ANC government pplicie that empowers lazy, uneducated and drug sniffing soutgafricans to become shareholders and employees.

Spare me your stupid hogwash sources.

Southafrica is now the symble of the unfortunate stereotype that blacks always destroy and can't build.

Nigeria is helping to correct all these generalised stereotypes. Hang onto the moving train, Nigeria is taking you to the promised land where inferiority complex shall be addressed.

a long list of made-up facts and myths

Post citations or get out
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 11:46am On Feb 08, 2015
lezz:
I wasn't expecting you to agree. You will keep on adding your tears and flooding up your problems.

You say Nigerians are queuing up for asylum in Pretoria? I say you are being economical with the truth. Nigerians are the most entrepreneurial and mobile citizens of Africa so naturally with your redundant and docile black population in southafrica, we simply take what's yours until you are human and civilised enough to control it.
You can call that holding your jobs in trust.

Now when I was a young boy , my aunt used to work for the Nigerian embassy in southafrica and she told my engineer auncle how jobs are available after the fall of apartheid but many blacks are unqualified and unemployable. My uncle applied right from his living room in Nigeria and had offers flying in .lol . It's a true life story.
I do not dwell on emotions. I dwell on the truth.

South Africa is a grave yard filled with frustrated, drug sniffing and blame-trading citizens who like the Israelite after the desert wilderness are yearning for the days of apartheid.

"Its true because i say it is"

If nigerians are such cunning buisnessmen, why then are the majority of the top 50 biggest companies in Africa South African?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 11:49am On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=lezz post=30529957][/quote]

A looong post trying to talk around one simple fact:

South African companies dominate the Nigerian economy

Nigeria is part of our hegemony, you are our Economic B1tch

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 11:52am On Feb 08, 2015
[quote author=lezz post=30534516][/quote]

lol, so despite the fact that I posted citations which prove that we arent number 1 in Crime, Aids or any other of your allegations, your retort is to say that we are because YOU say so?

You clearly have some form of mental issue

Now, post citations to substantiate your claims.

Or

STFU
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 12:24pm On Feb 08, 2015
Patchesagain:

lol, so despite the fact that I posted citations which prove that we arent number 1 in Crime, Aids or any other of your allegations, your retort is to say that we are because YOU say so?

You clearly have some form of mental issue

Now, post citations to substantiate your claims.

Or

STFU

Estimated HIV infection in Africa in 2007 shows high rates of infection in Southern Africa.
HIV/AIDS in South Africa is a prominent health concern; South Africa is believed to have more people with HIV/AIDS than any other country in the world.

The 2007 UNAIDS report estimated that 5,700,000 South Africans had HIV/AIDS, or just under 12% of South Africa's population of 48 million.[1] In the adult population the rate is 18.5%.[2] The number of infected is larger than in any other single country in the world. The other top five countries with the highest HIV/AIDS prevalence are all neighbours of South Africa.

In 2007, only 28% of people in South Africa with advanced HIV/AIDS were receiving anti-retroviral treatment (ART). In 2004, 2005 and 2006 the figures were 4%, 15% and 21% respectively.[3] By 2009, nearly 1 million or about 2% of all adult South Africans were receiving ART.[4]

In 2010, an estimated 280,000 South Africans died of HIV/AIDS. In the aughts, it is estimated that between 42% and 47% of all deaths among South Africans were HIV/AIDS deaths.[5] However, the Death Notification Forms Survey of 2010, which estimates a 93% completion rate, shows that out of a total of 543,856 deaths nationwide (Appendix C4), only 18,325 deaths were attributed to HIV/AIDS Diseases (B20-B24, Table 4.5). [6]

Although new infections among mature age groups in South Africa remain high, new infections among teenagers seem to be on the decline. HIV/AIDS prevalence figures in the 15–19 year age group for 2005, 2006 and 2007 were 16%, 14% and 13% respectively.http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_South_Africa
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 12:36pm On Feb 08, 2015
Patchesagain:

well since the economic asylum of SA Anglo-dutch companies in Nigeria, Pretoria has been running errands for Abuja.
that would make you my political stooge/puppet.

don't forget the yellow fever vaccine and money laundry rift.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
Patchesagain:

If nigerians are such cunning buisnessmen, why then are the majority of the top 50 biggest companies in Africa South African?
you mean Anglo-dutch companies or seized properties by corrupt undemocratic ANC and forcibly handed to illiterate, inexperienced and docile savage southafricans.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
lezz:
Bob Willard Whites are always to blame in the eyes of black political agitators. Though Tutu (who preveiously called for a white tax) admits that South Africa is worse now under black rule both violence-wise and economically, Tutu still blames South Africa’s problems on the “legacy of apartheid” even though blacks have rules for twenty years now.

We see the same in America with Detroit being a perfect microcosm. When whites fled the wave of violence that came with the 1967 riot and black mayor Coleman Yound taking power in Detroit in the 70s, whites were blamed for the wave of crime and fledling economy that followed because whites left city and took their tax money with them. Recently when the state of Michigan wanted to appoint an emergency financial manager to help bailout Detroit, Detroit’s black leaders (and Jesse Jackson) agrgued that white intereference in Detroit was racist.

Literally, in both America and South Africa, whites are blamed for black poverty and crime when whites are in power and when whites are not in power. And whites are to blame when whites self-segregate, when blacks self-segregate, and when both are integratated.

Why doesn’t some politician have the stones to call these agitators on their obvious BS? Just tell them the truth —people create their communities. If there is more violence and poverty among certain communities it’s because that’s what those communities create for themselves. Apparently, in South Africa, in America, and in points between.

Katherine McChesney Why don’t blacks put two and two together and recognize that their corruption causes their downfall into poverty and violence. It’s amazing that they cannot see/refuse to see that every country, community, city, county, state run by blacks is destroyed by blacks. Blacks are a curse on humanity.

MBlanc46 “Why don’t blacks put two and two together…” I think you answered your own question.

Morris LeChat Maff be hard

The Worlds Scapegoat “Morris LeChat wrote –Maff be hard”

Sobe spelin

IanJMacDonald Maff be raciss.

Morris LeChat they try, but they come up with three, and five, and two and six

fact of the matter is an average black south African lives much better life than an average Nigerian....a rural south African villager has access to clean pure tap water that a urban middle class Nigerian can only dream of...desmond tutu is a south African who has rights to criticize his own government unlike people who are afraid to criticize their own government ,all in the name of patriotism ...you can dream and sing on top of your voice,fact of the matter is SA and Nigeria are not in the same league...your leaders always come down to ask for assistance...recently your energy minister was seen crying on TV begging south African companies to rescue your country power troubles...your country is now begging my country to revive your mining industry,in April south African banks will start financing vehicle sales in your remote country...my man I can go on and on...just show your artificial muscles to your fellow west Africans,be cautious though,The mighty Chad can invade your country if they want...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
Patchesagain:

a long list of made-up facts and myths

Post citations or get out
is it tears I see there?
You mean you didn't see the citation or you just conveniently ignored it.

You claim southafrica is heaven to live in? You want source? You want citations? You're a slowpoke.

survey for the period 1998–2000 compiled by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime ranked South Africa second for assault and murder (by all means) per capita and first for rapes per capita in a data set of 60 countries.[1] Total crime per capita was 10th out of the 60 countries in the dataset.

The United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute have also conducted research[2] on the victims of crime which shows the picture of South African crime as more typical of a developing country.

MurderEdit

Around 50 people are murdered in South Africa each day.[3] The murder rate has increased by an order of magnitude in South Africa during the last 40 years,[4] though it has fallen from 66.9 per 100,000 people in 1994–95 to 37.3 in 2008–09.[5] From 2003–2009, crime decreased significantly according to official police data.[6] Between 1994 and 2009, the murder rate reduced by 50% to 34 murders per 100,000 people. The annual crime statistics released in 2011 show a continuing downward trend, except for rape, which went up by 2.1%.[7] Business Against Crime attributed the reduction to improvements in the criminal justice system and policing.[7] There have been numerous press reports on the manipulation of crime statistics that have highlighted the existence of incentives not to record violent crime.[8] Nonetheless, murder statistics are considered accurate.[5]http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_South_Africa

You can chew on that for your Sunday snack. LOL
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2015
@ mugu patchesagain, you claimed Nigeria is a failed state and southafrica is so civilized. and you wanted sources. I told you I don't usually do the source thing because I read wide and extensive just as you lazy around in nairaland looking for a sense of purpose and ego massage. here's another citation from your government agency. read for my pleasure and your horror:he most notable aspect of the crime statistics for 2012/13 is that the violent crimes that cause the most fear and trauma amongst the public have increased. For the first time in six years there is an increase in both the number and rate of murders and attempted murders. Murder is an important indicator both because it is the most accurate of all crime categories and because it is internationally seen to be an indicator of a country’s stability. There was also a small increase in the number of sexual offences recorded by the police.

The facts about the increases in interpersonal violence are as follows:

Incidents of murder increased from 15 609 murders in 2011/12 to 16 259 murders in 2012/13.
This means that there was an increase of 650 murder cases or a 4,2% increase when comparing the total numbers of murders with the previous year.
This works out to almost two additional murders per day on average during the 2012/13 financial year.
Consequently, our murder rate increased from a total average of 43 murders per day to 45 murders per day.
Using the correct census data for 2011, the murder rate in 2011/12 was 30.3 per 100,000 population and not 30,9 as reported by SAPS in the last reporting period.
The murder rate for 2012/13 stood at 31.3 per 100,000 population which reflects an increase of 2.8% in the rate of murders (not 0.6% as presented officially).
South Africa’s murder rate is therefore about four and a half times higher than the global average of 6.9 murders per 100 000.
Attempted murder cases increased from 14 859 to 16 363, an increase of 10.1%
Attempted murder rates increased by 8,7% in the past year.
Sexual offence cases increased from 64 514 to 66 387, an increase of 2.9%.
Sexual offence rates increased from 125,1 per 100000 to 127,0 per 100000 population an increase of 1.5%.
The crimes above are not easy to reduce through policing alone.  This is because most (around 60% to 70%) of murders, attempted murders and rapes, occur between people who know each other and occur as a result of a mix of particular social and economic factors. These crimes are often referred to by the police as ‘inter-personal’ violent crimes.  Only between 15% and 20% of murders and attempted murders are the result of aggravated robbery while inter-group conflicts and vigilantism make up the rest.

There has also been an increase in robberies in 2012/13, which is a crime that the police can directly reduce through employing effective strategies. Robberies pose a particular concern as they occur when armed perpetrators directly threaten or use violence against their victims in order to steal their belongings. This can result in severe trauma, injury or sometimes death to the victim.  The total number of aggravated robberies reported to the police increased from 101 203 cases to 105 888 cases (an increase of 4 685 cases) or 4.6%.  The aggravated robbery rate increased by 196.2 per 100 000 people  to 202.6 per 100 000 people of which represents an increase of 3.2%.

Total aggravated robbery includes a number of sub-categories, most of which increased in the 2012/13 financial year:

Street or public robberies increased by 2 534 cases to a total of 60 262 incidents. This is 4.4% higher than the 57,728 incidents recorded the previous year. It means that every day on average there were 166 cases of street robbery in 2012/13.
House robberies are reported when people are attacked by armed gangs while they are in their homes. This crimes increased by 7.1% to 17 950 incidents representing an additional 1 184 households being attacked when compared to the previous year.  On average 49 households were attacked each day in 2012/13.
Business robberies increased by 2.7% to 16 377 incidents.  This crime type has consistently increased in the past eight years so it is 345% higher than in 2004/05. There were an additional 426 armed attacks on businesses in 2012/13 as compared to the previous year.
Vehicle hijacking increased by 5.4% to 9 990 incidents. This means that 28 motor vehicles were hijacked every day on average in 2012/13.This is of particular.http://africacheck.org/factsheets/factsheet-south-africas-official-crime-statistics-for-201213/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 1:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
MduZA:

fact of the matter is an average black south African lives much better life than an average Nigerian....a rural south African villager has access to clean pure tap water that a urban middle class Nigerian can only dream of...desmond tutu is a south African who has rights to criticize his own government unlike people who are afraid to criticize their own government ,all in the name of patriotism ...you can dream and sing on top of your voice,fact of the matter is SA and Nigeria are not in the same league...your leaders always come down to ask for assistance...recently your energy minister was seen crying on TV begging south African companies to rescue your country power troubles...your country is now begging my country to revive your mining industry,in April south African banks will start financing vehicle sales in your remote country...my man I can go on and on...just show your artificial muscles to your fellow west Africans,be cautious though,The mighty Chad can invade your country if they want...
really? A country where 50 murders take place daily? Let's do this math: 50*365= SouthAfrica's murder rate.

now you must be swamp mouse to believe the average black southafrican who is a savage, moroniik, illiterate, violent rapist of adult and infants with saliva drooling from his lips left open by lack of personal awarness, could come anywhere near Nigerians who are masters of there land, economy and destiny.sing me another song
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 1:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
MduZA:

you Gus are also unemployed.

The Most Murderous Societies On Earth

The Nedcore Project has concluded that: "South Africa and Southern Africa are probably the most murderous societies on earth, even with the probable under-reporting." The Nedcore Project claims the results of their surveys "underscore the fact that crime has become South Africa's pre-eminent sociological problem. It now eclipses even unemployment in concerns of all South Africans."
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 1:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
lezz:
really? A country where 50 murders take place daily? Let's do this math: 50*365= SouthAfrica's murder rate.

now you must be swamp mouse to believe the average black southafrican who is a savage, moroniik, illiterate, violent rapist of adult and infants with saliva drooling from his lips left open by lack of personal awarness, could come anywhere near Nigerians who are masters of there land, economy and destiny.sing me another song

you seem to know our crime stats but you can't give your country stats,my country releases our crime stats for everyone to see unlike your country....a Nigerian friend of mine once told be that crime is high in Nigeria but many of those crimes are not reported to the police because victims are afraid of victimization either by perpetrators or police themselves,on other threads genuine Nigerians are discussing about rape cases taking place in your country but you pretend like if all is well....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
Patchesagain:

it is because you have Nigerians working there.

In One of the few times i was watching the big brother show and they were showing the cast names of all of the crew people, i saw 90 percent Nigerian names! I was a bit shocked that we are the ones running your company. cheesy lol. In almost every department of those companies you are so proud of are Nigerians. Nigerians make your companies work. We also make ours work too. We have the richest people on the continent. The biggest entertainment industry on the continent was concieved and built by Nigerians, fact! The first African auto mobile is Nigerian, fact! We have a world class rail network, fact! We have the best ways to distribute fertilizers on the continent.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2015
MduZA:

you seem to know our crime stats but you can't give your country stats,my country releases our crime stats for everyone to see unlike your country....a Nigerian friend of mine once told be that crime is high in Nigeria but many of those crimes are not reported to the police because victims are afraid of victimization either by perpetrators or police themselves,on other threads genuine Nigerians are discussing about rape cases taking place in your country but you pretend like if all is well....
murder and crime is a universal phenomenon but southafrica is the world's murder capital and savagery.
now as bad as your crime rate is, it is still under reported.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2015
lezz:
murder and crime is a universal phenomenon but southafrica is the world's murder capital and savagery.
now as bad as your crime rate is, it is still under reported.

since you fail to give your own country stats...your point does not hold water
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 2:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
MduZA:

since you fail to give your own country stats...your point does not hold water
lol, that's an implicit admission of defeat.
thanks for participating. better luck next time.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
craziebone:

In One of the few times i was watching the big brother show and they were showing the cast names of all of the crew people, i saw 90 percent Nigerian names! I was a bit shocked that we are the ones running your company. cheesy lol. In almost every department of those companies you are so proud of are Nigerians. Nigerians make your companies work. We also make ours work too. We have the richest people on the continent. The biggest entertainment industry on the continent was concieved and built by Nigerians, fact! The first African auto mobile is Nigerian, fact! We have a world class rail network, fact! We have the best ways to distribute fertilizers on the continent.

Your uncle selling drugs in Hillbrow is lying to you.

Sasol - no Nigerians
Transnet - no Nigerians
Denel - no Nigerians
South African Breweries - no Nigerians
SAA - no Nigerians
CSIR - no Nigerians
Vodacom/MTN/Cell C etc - no Nigerians
PetroSA - no Nigerians
Our Mining industry - no Nigerians
Hundreds of engineering workshops on the East Rand of Gauteng where I live and work - definitely NO Nigerians. You're more likely to bump into a unicorn than find a Nigerian fitter and turner in Gauteng.

The list goes on and on. The percentage of Nigerians who work in SA's key industries is a non entity. As i said, don't let uncle Ogubugu who came here in 1996 lie to you.

I'll tell you what Nigerians are very good at doing in SA. They're good at opening "internet cafes", "computer shops" and hair salons. Where ever they settle, they completely destroy property prices and quality of living if they're numbers arent kept in check. Thats the mistake which was made in Hillbrow and Berea, Johannesburg. That part of Joburg just needs to be nuked. Same mistake on the East Rand, Germiston and Springs. As soon as a small Nigerian community moves in, all hell breaks loose.

So no....Nigerians are not high powered CEO's and executives running our big industries. They are not bright engineers and technicians coming up with new ideas at the CSIR and Denel. They are unwanted rats, hated on every corner of this planet.

If the world was to have a vote. Which immigrant nationality is hated the most....Nigerians would win the gold, silver and bronze.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 2:54pm On Feb 08, 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
craziebone:

lol.....so all these Nigerians who repair shoes in SA , tell you that they work for big south African companies...?you don't even have a clue of what big brother AFRICA is all about ,that show was created to attract audience outside SA ,its not our show but yours,if I were you I would be embarrassed to mention rail network in front of a south african...anyway thanx for telling how nice your country is
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 4:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
Patchesagain:

where are you, facts falsifing rough. I have presented you with all the facts that SouthAfrica is number 1 in rape. number 1 in homicide, number 1 in violence and number 1 in HIV/AIDS.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 4:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
Patchesagain:

where are you, facts falsifing rough. I have presented you with all the facts that SouthAfrica is number 1 in rape. number 1 in homicide, number 1 in violence and number 1 in HIV/AIDS. cat's your mouth now?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 4:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
Patchesagain:

where are you, facts falsifing rough. I have presented you with all the facts that SouthAfrica is number 1 in rape. number 1 in homicide, number 1 in violence and number 1 in HIV/AIDS. cat's got your mouth now?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
saengine:

Sasol - Lots of Nigerian Engineers and Researchers and Patent owners. FACT.
Transnet - Lots of Nigerian Engineers and Project Managers. FACT.
Denel - Close to 5 Aeronautics and Mechanical Engineers. FACT.
South African Breweries - Several Nigerian Chemical and Automation Engineers and Managers. FACT.
SAA - Handful of Nigerians in Nigeria and South Africa. FACT.
CSIR - Several Nigerian Researchers, PostDoctoral Fellows, Scientists etc. FACT.
Vodacom/MTN/Cell C etc - Several field services Engineers, IT Experts, Project and Products Managers. FACT.
PetroSA - Same story as with SASOL. FACT.
Our Mining industry - Several Nigerian Mine Engineers, Process Managers, etc. FACT.
Hundreds of engineering workshops on the East Rand of Gauteng where I live and work - Several Nigerian Engineers and Managers and multidisciplinary Professionals in the Ekhuruleni, Germiston Industrial areas. FACT.

The longer the list goes the more the Nigerians that feature on the list -- at the mid to top managerial levels. FACT. They feature not mainly in quantity but in QUALITY.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
saengine:

Your uncle selling drugs in Hillbrow is lying to you.

Sasol - no Nigerians
Transnet - no Nigerians
Denel - no Nigerians
South African Breweries - no Nigerians
SAA - no Nigerians
CSIR - no Nigerians
Vodacom/MTN/Cell C etc - no Nigerians
PetroSA - no Nigerians
Our Mining industry - no Nigerians
Hundreds of engineering workshops on the East Rand of Gauteng where I live and work - definitely NO Nigerians. You're more likely to bump into a unicorn than find a Nigerian fitter and turner in Gauteng.

The list goes on and on. The percentage of Nigerians who work in SA's key industries is a non entity. As i said, don't let uncle Ogubugu who came here in 1996 lie to you.

I'll tell you what Nigerians are very good at doing in SA. They're good at opening "internet cafes", "computer shops" and hair salons. Where ever they settle, they completely destroy property prices and quality of living if they're numbers arent kept in check. Thats the mistake which was made in Hillbrow and Berea, Johannesburg. That part of Joburg just needs to be nuked. Same mistake on the East Rand, Germiston and Springs. As soon as a small Nigerian community moves in, all hell breaks loose.

So no....Nigerians are not high powered CEO's and executives running our big industries. They are not bright engineers and technicians coming up with new ideas at the CSIR and Denel. They are unwanted rats, hated on every corner of this planet.

If the world was to have a vote. Which immigrant nationality is hated the most....Nigerians would win the gold, silver and bronze.

emotional tears, son. southafrican blacks are the most savage, moronik, illiterate, unemployable low life, scum of the earth you can find on any corner of the globe.

ANC are diverting the resources of whites to build and feed lazy Bantu, tswana and Zulu folks. whites are being forced to employ and make lazy, unqualified and illiterate Zulu men shareholders.

deny that other blacks from Africa weren't taking up your job positions. were lazy Bantu men not killing and rioting that zimbabweans, namibians, Nigerians etc leave?

Yes, some Nigerians found a shorter way to wealth when they discovered your docile and wasteful conditions from corrupt ANC government and they profit from selling drugs to your lunnies.

your women are all putting up naija blinders and can never see you for an ything other than a wild, vilolent, white-blaming rapist.

government feed your poor poor children in schools as we speak.
spend just 5 minutes out of nairaland and you'll see what is happening outside.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
lezz:
Estimated HIV infection in Africa in 2007 shows high rates of infection in Southern Africa.
HIV/AIDS in South Africa is a prominent health concern; South Africa is believed to have more people with HIV/AIDS than any other country in the world.

The 2007 UNAIDS report estimated that 5,700,000 South Africans had HIV/AIDS, or just under 12% of South Africa's population of 48 million.[1] In the adult population the rate is 18.5%.[2] The number of infected is larger than in any other single country in the world. The other top five countries with the highest HIV/AIDS prevalence are all neighbours of South Africa.

In 2007, only 28% of people in South Africa with advanced HIV/AIDS were receiving anti-retroviral treatment (ART). In 2004, 2005 and 2006 the figures were 4%, 15% and 21% respectively.[3] By 2009, nearly 1 million or about 2% of all adult South Africans were receiving ART.[4]

In 2010, an estimated 280,000 South Africans died of HIV/AIDS. In the aughts, it is estimated that between 42% and 47% of all deaths among South Africans were HIV/AIDS deaths.[5] However, the Death Notification Forms Survey of 2010, which estimates a 93% completion rate, shows that out of a total of 543,856 deaths nationwide (Appendix C4), only 18,325 deaths were attributed to HIV/AIDS Diseases (B20-B24, Table 4.5). [6]

Although new infections among mature age groups in South Africa remain high, new infections among teenagers seem to be on the decline. HIV/AIDS prevalence figures in the 15–19 year age group for 2005, 2006 and 2007 were 16%, 14% and 13% respectively.http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_South_Africa

Using 5 to 7 year old data proves what?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
lezz:
well since the economic asylum of SA Anglo-dutch companies in Nigeria, Pretoria has been running errands for Abuja.
that would make you my political stooge/puppet.

don't forget the yellow fever vaccine and money laundry rift.

1. We still have your money

2. We are funneling vast profits out of your economy and into ours

We have a simple policy, first we embarrass you, then you over react and threaten our buisness interests - investors take note that Nigerian government is willing to do such acts and question wether it is a sound investment oppertunity - and then we continue

Its pretty obvious what we are doing, and its pretty effective - considering we are still the continents No 1 FDI destination

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
lezz:
you mean Anglo-dutch companies or seized properties by corrupt undemocratic ANC and forcibly handed to illiterate, inexperienced and docile savage southafricans.

Seized properties? Where?

"Anglo-Dutch companies"? Thats a strange way of spelling "South African Companies"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
lezz:
is it tears I see there?
You mean you didn't see the citation or you just conveniently ignored it.

You claim southafrica is heaven to live in? You want source? You want citations? You're a slowpoke.

survey for the period 1998–2000 compiled by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime ranked South Africa second for assault and murder (by all means) per capita and first for rapes per capita in a data set of 60 countries.[1] Total crime per capita was 10th out of the 60 countries in the dataset.

The United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute have also conducted research[2] on the victims of crime which shows the picture of South African crime as more typical of a developing country.

MurderEdit

Around 50 people are murdered in South Africa each day.[3] The murder rate has increased by an order of magnitude in South Africa during the last 40 years,[4] though it has fallen from 66.9 per 100,000 people in 1994–95 to 37.3 in 2008–09.[5] From 2003–2009, crime decreased significantly according to official police data.[6] Between 1994 and 2009, the murder rate reduced by 50% to 34 murders per 100,000 people. The annual crime statistics released in 2011 show a continuing downward trend, except for rape, which went up by 2.1%.[7] Business Against Crime attributed the reduction to improvements in the criminal justice system and policing.[7] There have been numerous press reports on the manipulation of crime statistics that have highlighted the existence of incentives not to record violent crime.[8] Nonetheless, murder statistics are considered accurate.[5]http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_South_Africa

You can chew on that for your Sunday snack. LOL

Using 15 year old data shows us what?

You said we were the worlds Number 1 in terms of violence - you have been proven to be very very wrong.

The only tears I have are of laughter - your attempts to hold any form of argument with me are hysterical.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 5:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
Patchesagain:

Seized properties? Where?

"Anglo-Dutch companies"? Thats a strange way of spelling "South African Companies"
these companies are being arm twisted to employ lazy black folks and making them shareholders.
they are corporate assylum seekers escaping inefficiencies back home.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 5:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
Patchesagain:

Using 15 year old data shows us what?

You said we were the worlds Number 1 in terms of violence - you have been proven to be very very wrong.

The only tears I have are of laughter - your attempts to hold any form of argument with me are hysterical.
number 1 in murder, number 1 in rape, number 1 in AIDS.
laugh to that. hehehehehe
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:19pm On Feb 08, 2015
lezz:
@ mugu patchesagain, you claimed Nigeria is a failed state and southafrica is so civilized. and you wanted sources. I told you I don't usually do the source thing because I read wide and extensive just as you lazy around in nairaland looking for a sense of purpose and ego massage. here's another citation from your government agency. read for my pleasure and your horror:he most notable aspect of the crime statistics for 2012/13 is that the violent crimes that cause the most fear and trauma amongst the public have increased. For the first time in six years there is an increase in both the number and rate of murders and attempted murders. Murder is an important indicator both because it is the most accurate of all crime categories and because it is internationally seen to be an indicator of a country’s stability. There was also a small increase in the number of sexual offences recorded by the police.

The facts about the increases in interpersonal violence are as follows:

Incidents of murder increased from 15 609 murders in 2011/12 to 16 259 murders in 2012/13.
This means that there was an increase of 650 murder cases or a 4,2% increase when comparing the total numbers of murders with the previous year.
This works out to almost two additional murders per day on average during the 2012/13 financial year.
Consequently, our murder rate increased from a total average of 43 murders per day to 45 murders per day.
Using the correct census data for 2011, the murder rate in 2011/12 was 30.3 per 100,000 population and not 30,9 as reported by SAPS in the last reporting period.
The murder rate for 2012/13 stood at 31.3 per 100,000 population which reflects an increase of 2.8% in the rate of murders (not 0.6% as presented officially).
South Africa’s murder rate is therefore about four and a half times higher than the global average of 6.9 murders per 100 000.
Attempted murder cases increased from 14 859 to 16 363, an increase of 10.1%
Attempted murder rates increased by 8,7% in the past year.
Sexual offence cases increased from 64 514 to 66 387, an increase of 2.9%.
Sexual offence rates increased from 125,1 per 100000 to 127,0 per 100000 population an increase of 1.5%.
The crimes above are not easy to reduce through policing alone.  This is because most (around 60% to 70%) of murders, attempted murders and rapes, occur between people who know each other and occur as a result of a mix of particular social and economic factors. These crimes are often referred to by the police as ‘inter-personal’ violent crimes.  Only between 15% and 20% of murders and attempted murders are the result of aggravated robbery while inter-group conflicts and vigilantism make up the rest.

There has also been an increase in robberies in 2012/13, which is a crime that the police can directly reduce through employing effective strategies. Robberies pose a particular concern as they occur when armed perpetrators directly threaten or use violence against their victims in order to steal their belongings. This can result in severe trauma, injury or sometimes death to the victim.  The total number of aggravated robberies reported to the police increased from 101 203 cases to 105 888 cases (an increase of 4 685 cases) or 4.6%.  The aggravated robbery rate increased by 196.2 per 100 000 people  to 202.6 per 100 000 people of which represents an increase of 3.2%.

Total aggravated robbery includes a number of sub-categories, most of which increased in the 2012/13 financial year:

Street or public robberies increased by 2 534 cases to a total of 60 262 incidents. This is 4.4% higher than the 57,728 incidents recorded the previous year. It means that every day on average there were 166 cases of street robbery in 2012/13.
House robberies are reported when people are attacked by armed gangs while they are in their homes. This crimes increased by 7.1% to 17 950 incidents representing an additional 1 184 households being attacked when compared to the previous year.  On average 49 households were attacked each day in 2012/13.
Business robberies increased by 2.7% to 16 377 incidents.  This crime type has consistently increased in the past eight years so it is 345% higher than in 2004/05. There were an additional 426 armed attacks on businesses in 2012/13 as compared to the previous year.
Vehicle hijacking increased by 5.4% to 9 990 incidents. This means that 28 motor vehicles were hijacked every day on average in 2012/13.This is of particular.http://africacheck.org/factsheets/factsheet-south-africas-official-crime-statistics-for-201213/

Again, this shows us what? That there is violence in South Africa?

Quality of life in South Africa is factually superior to that of Nigeria,

"Where to be born index"
South Africa - 53rd in the world
Nigeria - 80th (LAST PLACE)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where-to-be-born_Index

And the killer: Quality of Life
South Africa - 110
Nigeria - 2 (8 places away from the worst quality of life in the world)
http://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings_by_country.jsp

Thats right - of all 80 listed countries Nigeria is factually the worst place in the world to live

Thats right - quality of life in South Africa is 55 times better than that in Nigeria

At this stage there is no debate, no discussion, factually speaking it is better to be in South Africa than in Nigeria.

Your country is a failed state and an embarrassment to the continent.

Deal With It.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.