Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,095 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1917) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4464081 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) (1920) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 12:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
Msauza:

And so what?

even if i don't doubt your ability to read, i do know you lack comprehension among other qualities.

so i won't bothergrin.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

Oh, it it? Tie up and kill prisoners of war execution style? And then you cry when you aren't sold weapons because of your lack of discipline and bad human rights record?

Dead terrorist scum, that's a breath of fresh air. cool cool

No dignity in making the terrorist a guest of the state. Did he give the little kids he killed that option?

For your information, the Geneva convention does not apply to terrorists.

#terrorise the terrorist!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
Henry120:

Dead terrorist scum, that's a breath of fresh air. cool cool
No dignity in making the terrorist a guest of the state. Did he give the little kids he killed that option?
For your information, the Geneva convention does not apply to terrorists.
#terrorise the terrorist!

Measures to counter terrorism MUST be proportionate.

Tying up prisoners of war and executing them is NOT proportionate.

It is cowardly and undisciplined.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

Measures to counter terrorism MUST be proportionate.

Tying up prisoners of war and executing them is NOT proportionate.

It is cowardly and undisciplined.

It is appropriate and well calculated.

Geneva convention doesn't apply to terrorists.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
Henry120:

Well calculated in what way?

Please educate us why it is not cowardly and undisciplined to execute captured prisoners.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
Msauza:

Hold it right there, what about the revas that Nigeria bought? Where have they gone to or have gone missing through thin air?

Nigeria bought REVA Mk V .....the fake mercenary photos show REVA Mk III belonging to Equatorial Guinea tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:24pm On Mar 13, 2015
agaugust:

Nigeria bought REVA Mk V .....the fake mercenary photos show REVA Mk III belonging to Equatorial Guinea tongue tongue

Why is the "REVA Mk III belonging to Equatorial Guinea " rolling down the streets of Maiguduri?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:24pm On Mar 13, 2015
Henry120:

Terrorists don't obey United Nations laws of war.

Different countries make different local laws against terrorism, some have death sentence, so when a terrorist is captured he is treated as a murderer and sentenced to death after capture. New British and Canadian laws enacted in 2014 and 2015 say suspected terrorists will have their fully legitimate citizenship cancelled and will no longer be British or Canadian citizens even if they are born and bred in those countries

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

Well calculated in what way?

Please educate us why it is not cowardly and undisciplined to execute captured prisoners.

Point to the part of the Geneva convention which supports terrorist rights?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

Why is the "REVA Mk III belonging to Equatorial Guinea " rolling down the streets of Maiguduri?

Simply because it is a photoshop fake image

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
agaugust:

Simply because it is a photoshop fake image

Proof or go jump.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

Oh, it it? Tie up and kill prisoners of war execution style? And then you cry when you aren't sold weapons because of your lack of discipline and bad human rights record?

Captured prisoners sometimes try to run away and escape, they get shot in the process as allowed in war under UN convention. Anyway UN convention does not apply to terrorist, they are under civilian criminal law for murder.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

That's because, the photo wasn't taken in maiduguri.

This is what Nigeria purchased, those photos show an MK III.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
Henry120:

Point to the part of the Geneva convention which supports terrorist rights?

No - my question is simple:

i.e. How is it well calculated and appropriate to tie up captured prisoners and to execute them?

How is this not cowardly?

You have not answered the question.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:30pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

Proof or go jump.

The proof is already clear, it is REVA MK III MRAP that does NOT exist in Nigeria cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
Henry120:

That's because, the photo wasn't taken in maiduguri.

This is what Nigeria purchased, those photos show an MK III.

"A Reuters reporter with knowledge of Maiduguri was able to verify the location of the photo as the Bama road, leading southeast out of the city, near the University of Maiduguri.

Election campaign posters of Borno state governor Kashim Shettima hanging from street lights indicate it was taken recently. The lights, notable for their ornate ironwork, were only installed last year.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/03/12/uk-nigeria-violence-mercenaries-idUKKBN0M80VT20150312

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

No - my question is simple:

i.e. How is it well calculated and appropriate to tie up captured prisoners and to execute them?

How is this not cowardly?

You have not answered the question.

First answer my question, point to where terrorists rights are sacrosanct in the Geneva convention?

When you show me that part, then i'll explain to you.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
agaugust:

The proof is already clear, it is REVA MK III MRAP that does NOT exist in Nigeria cheesy cheesy

Exactly - but it is rolling down Maiguduri. Meaning it belongs to foreigners. South Africans to be exact.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
Henry120:

First answer my question, point to where terrorists rights are sacrosanct in the Geneva convention?

When you show me that part, then i'll explain to you.

How is the convention relevant to the question of cowardice?

How does it prove that the undisciplined execution of prisoners is "well calculated".

The convention is irrelevant and is a straw man. Because I didn't even mention it. You did.

You are also the one who said the killings were well calculated. HOW?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

"A Reuters reporter with knowledge of Maiduguri was able to verify the location of the photo as the Bama road, leading southeast out of the city, near the University of Maiduguri.

Election campaign posters of Borno state governor Kashim Shettima hanging from street lights indicate it was taken recently. The lights, notable for their ornate ironwork, were only installed last year.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/03/12/uk-nigeria-violence-mercenaries-idUKKBN0M80VT20150312

What's an Equatorial guniea flag hanging in the road, with spanish writing on a signpost. Do they now speak spanish in Borno state?

The government bought Reva MK5s, what's a Reva MK3 doing in the supposed street?

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2015
Henry120:

What's an Equatorial guniea flag hanging in the road, with spanish writing on a signpost. Do they now speak spanish in Borno state?
The government bought Reva MK5s, what's a Reva MK3 doing in the supposed street?

Why the following features of Maiguduri?

1. Election campaign posters of Borno state governor Kashim Shettima

2. The lights, notable for their ornate ironwork

Answer us that.

And also: A Reuters reporter with knowledge of Maiduguri was able to verify the location of the photo as the Bama road, leading southeast out of the city, near the University of Maiduguri.

I didn't "see" anyone speaking, by the way. Did you?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

How is the convention relevant to the question of cowardice?

How does it prove that the undisciplined execution of prisoners is "well calculated".

The convention is irrelevant and is a straw man. Because I didn't even mention it. You did.

You are also the one who said the killings were well calculated. HOW?

The life of a terrorist is worth nothing.

The convention is relevant because Nigeria is a signatory to it. If you can't point out were lives of terrorists are covered by the convention, you cannot accuse the military of any wrong doing.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

Exactly - but it is rolling down Maiguduri. Meaning it belongs to foreigners. South Africans to be exact.

Equatorial Guinean MRAPs REVA Mk III.....proved. cheesy cheesy

Show us proof that anybody brought REVA Mk III into Nigeria, citation needed

This guy thinks MRAPs are easily purchased in Shoprite and flown around the world like Christmas gift-hampers cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
Henry120:

The life of a terrorist is worth nothing.
The convention is relevant because Nigeria is a signatory to it. If you can't point out were lives of terrorists are covered by the convention, you cannot accuse the military of any wrong doing.

Where did I mention the convention? Nowhere.

How does your post show that the tying up and execution of terrorists is well calculated?

What exactly was calculated and what was a achieved?

You said "well calculated". How?

I say "cowardly" and undisciplined. If you cannot tell me how it is well calculated, then you cannot deny that it is cowardly and undisciplined.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:44pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

These people don't know Nigeria anymore. Perhaps, they are using one of these cheap handsets.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2015
Msauza:

These people don't know Nigeria anymore. Perhaps, they are using one of these cheap handsets.

Hahaha - they "conveniently" don't know Nigeria anymore.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

Why the following features of Maiguduri?

1. Election campaign posters of Borno state governor Kashim Shettima

2. The lights, notable for their ornate ironwork

Answer us that.

And also: A Reuters reporter with knowledge of Maiduguri was able to verify the location of the photo as the Bama road, leading southeast out of the city, near the University of Maiduguri.

I didn't "see" anyone speaking, by the way. Did you?

Those lights can be found in any west or central african city, not peculiar to Nigeria.

There neither proof that the poster is that of the governor.

The writings on sign posts and plate numbers do not match with what is obtainable on Nigerian roads.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
DieVluit:

Where did I mention the convention? Nowhere.

How does your post show that the tying up and execution of terrorists is well calculated?

What exactly was calculated and what was a achieved?

You said "well calculated". How?

I say "cowardly" and undisciplined. If you cannot tell me how it is well calculated, then you cannot deny that it is cowardly and undisciplined.

The Boko terrorist who surrendered to Nigerian army is the only coward we see here, if he had courage, he should have fought to death according to Jihadist faith and principles. He seems to be as cowardly as a normal SANDF elite paratrooper like we saw in Bangui

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:47pm On Mar 13, 2015
agaugust:

The Boko terrorist who surrendered to Nigerian army is the only coward we see here, if he had courage, he should have fought to death according to Jihadist faith and principles. He seems to be as cowardly as a normal SANDF elite paratrooper like we saw in Bangui

Even worse. A terrorist surrendered and was executed notwithstanding? How pathetic can Nigerian soldiers be?

An army known for running from the enemy and which is currently receiving help from foreigners finds joy in executing captured opponents. Pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
agaugust:

Equatorial Guinean MRAPs REVA Mk III.....proved. cheesy cheesy

Show us proof that anybody brought REVA Mk III into Nigeria, citation needed

This guy thinks MRAPs are easily purchased in Shoprite and flown around the world like Christmas gift-hampers cheesy cheesy

What do white men do in Equatorial Guinea in Military fatique with their vehicles enclosed in cages? You should be dreaming.The Equatorial Guinea does not have Oando station.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
Henry120:

Those lights can be found in any west or central african city, not peculiar to Nigeria.

There neither proof that the poster is that of the governor.

The writings on sign posts and plate numbers do not match with what is obtainable on Nigerian roads.

Hahaha - I have never seen a more desperate answer. Please give us pictures of the city where those exact lights are found.

And while you are at that, tell us how on earth that is not an election poster of the state governor.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
Is @agaugust still denying that there are mercenaries on his country? You are late, Jonathan confirmed it on international platform, of course he couldn't stand the heat for too long.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) (1920) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.