Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4438349 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:47am On Jan 17, 2013
gst101: @agaugust. Thank you so much for standing gallantly with the spirit of Naija against these people especially syndergp and the ingnwi called msauza.

@musauza, if you dont have a satellite tv, you should have a tv with antenea. If you still dont have that, you should also have a transistor world reciever radio. But i am sure you have non of that no wonder you asked when was the last time we played a war game. Like agaugust told you, we dont do war games, we fight real wars. We have been fighting war even before independence when thw nigerian identity was non existent.

The question you asked, msauza, shows you've never been objective all these while.

Salute to the only soldier in here. Though,he has been against us, i think he knows what he is saying.

Gst101 you claim that I do not have a satellite TV, Lol!!!. I had it long time before the whole of Nigeria started having one. You seen to forget that the satellite TV that you are today watching in Nigeria is proudly South African with 100% local technology. I know that it is a luxury in Nigeria to own one, but here in South Africa is not, nowadays you even get it in shacks in SA townships or squatter camps.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:17am On Jan 17, 2013
By: Chike E Okafor

In his words of admission this is what he said;

Nigerian army has never won a war. Nigeria has been involved in many conflicts since its partial independence from Britain in October 1960. It has been involved in at least six major wars and it is sad to say that it has won none. That makes its standing or ratio if you will 0:6 statistically speaking.

The starting point was the Second World War. Almost all the Nigerian recruits entered the war in order to save Europe from Adolf Hitler and his Nazi menace in Europe. Those who went to the war were stationed in India, mainly in Bombay. The British does not trust the African soldiers nor were they comfortable having them fight with them in the killing of fellow white man. At that time in history, it was the biggest offense to kill a white man who was sacrilegiously regarded as closer to god. Secondly, killing or witnessing the killing of a white man would destroy the white fictitious belief of their race, thereby expose the fallibility of the white supremacist persona. The effect of a successful removal of colonialist mentality and oppression translate to economic demise for the colonial masters. In turn, this would drive the accelerated demand to decolonize.

If you want to read more follow click on the following address;

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/barticles/biafran_war_and_nigerian_governm.htm
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by gst101: 10:24am On Jan 17, 2013
you see why i say you know nothing about nigeria? You think its only one satellite tv that operates in nigeria? You really need to go back to bed.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
gst101: you see why i say you know nothing about nigeria? You think its only one satellite tv that operates in nigeria? You really need to go back to bed.

Answer this who gave u DSTV Nigerias largest satelite tv provider and Africa's largest.

Satelite radio reciever what the hell are u drinking it seems that brew is affecting ur braincells

Its 2013 not 1990's today we use streaming VIA 4G or LTE network services I wonder when the new technology would land in Naija please ask that morrocan owned Etisalat and my beloved MTN to speed up the roleout of such nerwork services to ur village in nothern nigeria or are they scared the BOKO BOYS will subatage those services aswellgringringrin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
@Aguagust u say I'm a uneducated fool commenting here. I'm now going to give u a brief overview of me, bt note I will not give my rank or anyother info especially on a site this.

I joined the SANDF in 2001 from where I moved to SA Army base in Lohatla at the age of 18, where I spent two years during which in late 2002 I applied to the Air Transport School and accepted and transfered to AFB Swartkops and later AFB-Waterkloof to 41 Squadron in 2005.

In 2007 I received my C208 Command and Control Qualification, in 2008 I was assigned to active duty in DRC where we were responsible for
1)-Air Logistical Support
2)-Landward Airborne Operations
3)-Battlefield Air Support
4)-Surveillence and Recon.
This included transportation of UN humanitarian relief convoy air protection support.

This also extended to Burundi and Sudan/Darfour.

Currently I'm a active reserve corps member.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 17, 2013
Mr/Mrs nairaland's resedent military profesional and internet soldier, who apperently works in the defense industry and regulary consults military analysts on weekend "Slumber Parties"gringringrin

Show us the links and pics of one conventional army ur nation faced in the last 20years. The "FACT" remains Nigeria in all its AU/UN/ECOMOG operational deployments has only engaged low-medium intensity armed conflicts in sub sahara including urban terror insurgents BOKO BOYS and MEND.

Mali, S Leone, Liberia, Sudan and DRC rebbels even if some of them are mutaneer soldiers there armed forces don't pack the same punch a "Uganda or Kenya" army would Fact.

This is what u faced ur past 20 years and what ur military will face in Mali

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
@Aguagust tell all of us here is this rebbels or well trained armed brigades/batallions.

Please stick to the topic at hand, and not onesided sentimental Rants like u always do when u can't answer simple objective.

My uneducated self who only had a Primary school education would sincerely love want an honest reply I will ask my 7 year old daughter to read me ur reply because I'm not educated enough to read nor understand.

This is wht u were up against

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by thirdeye(m): 2:44am On Jan 18, 2013
I am surprised some of you are commenting against the South Africans on this thread. Thought is your fancy to quickly run down your own country as shown in earlier posts, now that you boost the confidence of SA guys and they now used the opportunity to promote themselves you are complaining.
The question is who has the strongest military in Africa and not who has the capabilities to produce or acquire more weapons. When Israel defeated the Arabs did they have more weapons to the collective Union of Arab? even only Egypt then had more weapons, is on youtube you can learn more there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:34am On Jan 18, 2013
Msauza, if your brain is working correctly, read this post or else you will be like the same mentally sick 'so called nigerian' man whose name shows he is from the biafran igbo tribe that nigeria defeated in the civil war, now he is an unknown man in nigeria, a strange name in nigeria that nobody knows, now writes a book we never saw publicly in nigeria, and msauza being a man with low level intelligence believes that book saying nigeria never won any war, and goes to post that for people to read here, instead of posting truths from publicly available sources that we can all click a weblink and read all over the world...msauza please go back to school as i dont think you ever finished a university degree where they will teach you how to do project research and quote fair, honest and publicly available sources.....i quoted thabo mbeki as an ex prsident of south bafrica the whole world knows him and i quoted public information wikipedia to prove south africa was almost defeated by cuba in the bush war before south africa called for peace talks.

every time i quote that wikipedia public information that says south africa called for peace talks because they fear cuba was almost winning the war, syngergp and msauza go mad and their head is blown up into pieces by the truth, and they lose the ability to co-ordinate their mental thinking faculties in a logical reasoning manner, then they start talking like children who have a 5 year old brain.

here is proof that nigeria won biafran war clearly, i post the world recognized surrender speech of biafra republic and i post ttwo weblinks for every man who has a brain that works well to read and confirm :

On the 10th January 1970, Lt. Col. Ojukwu, the self proclaimed Head of State of Biafra, on realizing the total chaotic and hopelessness of the situation, handed over to the Commander Biafran Army Maj. Gen. Phillip Effiong, the administration of Biafra and flew out of the enclave with his immediate family members in search of peace. Maj. Gen. Effiong consulted with the Biafra Strategic Committee on the situation and they decided that enough was enough and that the only honorable way out was to surrender. In his surrender announcement to the people of Biafra on Radio Biafra, part of Maj. Gen. Effiong address said:

Fellow Countrymen,

As you know I was asked to be the officer administering the government of this republIc on the 10th of January, 1970. Since then I know some of you have been waiting to hear a statement from me. Throughout history, injured people have had to result to arms in their self defense where peaceful negotiation have failed. We are no exception. We took up arms because of the sense of insecurity generated in our people by the events of 1966. We have fought in defense of that cause. I am now convinced that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an end. Our people are now disillusioned and those elements of the old regime who have made negotiations and reconciliation impossible have voluntarily removed themselves from our midst. I have, therefore, instructed an orderly disengagement of troops.

I urge on Gen. Gowon, in the name of humanity, to order his troops to pause while an armistice is negotiated in order to avoid the mass suffering caused by the movement of population. We have always believed that our differences with Nigeria should be settled by peaceful negotiation. A delegation of our people is therefore ready to meet representatives of Nigerian Government anywhere to negotiate a peace settlement on the basis of OAU resolution.

Part of Maj. Gen. Yakubu Gowon, the Head of the Federal Government's speech to accept formally the declared surrender and the end of the civil war read:

Citizens of Nigeria,

It is with a heart full of gratitude to God that I announce to you that today marks the formal end of the civil war. This afternoon at the Doddan Barracks, Lt. Col. Phillip Effiong, Lt. Col. David Ogunewe, Lt. Col. Patrick Anwunah, Lt. Col. Patrick Amadi and commissioner Police, Chief Patrick Okeke formally proclaimed the end of the attempt at secession and accepted the authority of the Federal Military Government of Nigeria. They also formally accepted the present political and administrative structure of the country. This ends thirty months of a grim struggle. Thirty months of sacrifice and national agony.

The world knows how hard we strove to avoid the civil war. Our objectives in fighting the war to crush Ojukwu's rebellion were always clear. We desired to preserve the territorial integrity and unity of Nigeria. For, as one country, we would be able to maintain lasting peace amongst our various communities; achieve rapid economic development to improve the lot of our people; guarantee a dignified future and respect in the world for our posterity and contribute to African unity and modernization. On the other hand, the small successor states in a disintegrated Nigeria would be victims of perpetual war and misery and neo - colonialism. Our duty was clear. And we are today, vindicated.

The so - called "Rising Sun of Biafra" is set for ever. It will be a great disservice for anyone to continue to use the word "Biafra" to refer to any part of the East Central State of Nigeria. The tragic chapter of violence is just ended. We are at the dawn of national reconciliation. Once again we have the opportunity to build a new nation. On our side, we fought the war with great caution, not in anger or hatred, but always in the hope that common sense would prevail. Many times we sought a negotiated settlement, not out of wickedness, but in order to minimize the problems of reintegration, reconciliation and reconstruction. We knew that however the war ended, in the battlefield or in the conference room, our brothers fighting under other colors must rejoin us and that we must together rebuild the nation anew. All Nigerians share the victory today. The victory for national unity, victory for hopes of Africans and black people everywhere. We mourn the dead heroes. We thank God for sparing us to see this glorious dawn of national reconciliation. We must seek His guidance to do our duty to contribute our quota to the building of a great nation, ounded on the concerted efforts of all its people and on justice and equality. A nation never to return to the fractious, sterile and selfish debates that led to the tragic conflict just ending.

The Federal Government has mounted a massive relief operations to alleviate the suffering of the people in the newly liberated areas. We are mobilizing adequate resources to provide food, shelter, and medicines for the affected population. My government has directed that former civil servants and public corporation officials should be promptly reinstated as they come out of hiding. Details of this exercise have been published. Plans for the rehabilitation of self - employed people will also be announced promptly. We have overcome a lot over the past four years. I have therefore every confidence that ours will become a great nation.

The surrender paper was signed on 14th January 1970 in Lagos and thus came the end of the civil war and renunciation of secession.

CONFIRM BY CLICKING http://www.africamasterweb.com/BiafranWarCauses.html

ALSO PROVE IT BY A CLICK ON http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Effiong

msauza, reply to this post and let us see how intelligently, logically and analytically your brain works, because i will soon stop wasting my precious time on this topic talking to clearly dishonest and poorly educated school drop-outs like msauza and syndergp.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
A few days ago I was uneducated now I'm poorly educated.

That post means nothing show me when the cubans and soviets came within 1500km to SA borders.

Ur a internet fraud who thinks he knows abt war including the unfortunate consiquences of it.

Show me the evidence where ur proud nation faced rebbels who had Air combat support in all of there deployments.

The Biafran war, was a civil war and not a nation vs nation.

I've been deployed and worked with many of nigerian soldiers and I must say that I do respect "most" of them, inspite of a few of them lacking dissipline including gear they are good at what they trained for no doubts on that one, but please u can fool a few bt not everyboby.

Whenever we ask u to reply honestly u continuesly divert the topic. If u want people to take u seriously, there are many public reports on both our militaries history don't list selectively on issues, while u on the thabo "trip" did he also list the body bag ratio in his book, since u move in military circles and we lived in barracks u tell us uneducated people the truth not that BULLSH*T.

There's only one poorly educated fool here it seems continues use of HALLUCINOGENS had a serious affect on ur POORLY developed BRAINtonguetonguetongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
agaugust: Msauza, if your brain is working correctly, read this post or else you will be like the same mentally sick 'so called nigerian' man whose name shows he is from the biafran igbo tribe that nigeria defeated in the civil war, now he is an unknown man in nigeria, a strange name in nigeria that nobody knows, now writes a book we never saw publicly in nigeria, and msauza being a man with low level intelligence believes that book saying nigeria never won any war, and goes to post that for people to read here, instead of posting truths from publicly available sources that we can all click a weblink and read all over the world...msauza please go back to school as i dont think you ever finished a university degree where they will teach you how to do project research and quote fair, honest and publicly available sources.....i quoted thabo mbeki as an ex prsident of south bafrica the whole world knows him and i quoted public information wikipedia to prove south africa was almost defeated by cuba in the bush war before south africa called for peace talks.

every time i quote that wikipedia public information that says south africa called for peace talks because they fear cuba was almost winning the war, syngergp and msauza go mad and their head is blown up into pieces by the truth, and they lose the ability to co-ordinate their mental thinking faculties in a logical reasoning manner, then they start talking like children who have a 5 year old brain.

here is proof that nigeria won biafran war clearly, i post the world recognized surrender speech of biafra republic and i post ttwo weblinks for every man who has a brain that works well to read and confirm :

On the 10th January 1970, Lt. Col. Ojukwu, the self proclaimed Head of State of Biafra, on realizing the total chaotic and hopelessness of the situation, handed over to the Commander Biafran Army Maj. Gen. Phillip Effiong, the administration of Biafra and flew out of the enclave with his immediate family members in search of peace. Maj. Gen. Effiong consulted with the Biafra Strategic Committee on the situation and they decided that enough was enough and that the only honorable way out was to surrender. In his surrender announcement to the people of Biafra on Radio Biafra, part of Maj. Gen. Effiong address said:

Fellow Countrymen,

As you know I was asked to be the officer administering the government of this republIc on the 10th of January, 1970. Since then I know some of you have been waiting to hear a statement from me. Throughout history, injured people have had to result to arms in their self defense where peaceful negotiation have failed. We are no exception. We took up arms because of the sense of insecurity generated in our people by the events of 1966. We have fought in defense of that cause. I am now convinced that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an end. Our people are now disillusioned and those elements of the old regime who have made negotiations and reconciliation impossible have voluntarily removed themselves from our midst. I have, therefore, instructed an orderly disengagement of troops.

I urge on Gen. Gowon, in the name of humanity, to order his troops to pause while an armistice is negotiated in order to avoid the mass suffering caused by the movement of population. We have always believed that our differences with Nigeria should be settled by peaceful negotiation. A delegation of our people is therefore ready to meet representatives of Nigerian Government anywhere to negotiate a peace settlement on the basis of OAU resolution.

Part of Maj. Gen. Yakubu Gowon, the Head of the Federal Government's speech to accept formally the declared surrender and the end of the civil war read:

Citizens of Nigeria,

It is with a heart full of gratitude to God that I announce to you that today marks the formal end of the civil war. This afternoon at the Doddan Barracks, Lt. Col. Phillip Effiong, Lt. Col. David Ogunewe, Lt. Col. Patrick Anwunah, Lt. Col. Patrick Amadi and commissioner Police, Chief Patrick Okeke formally proclaimed the end of the attempt at secession and accepted the authority of the Federal Military Government of Nigeria. They also formally accepted the present political and administrative structure of the country. This ends thirty months of a grim struggle. Thirty months of sacrifice and national agony.

The world knows how hard we strove to avoid the civil war. Our objectives in fighting the war to crush Ojukwu's rebellion were always clear. We desired to preserve the territorial integrity and unity of Nigeria. For, as one country, we would be able to maintain lasting peace amongst our various communities; achieve rapid economic development to improve the lot of our people; guarantee a dignified future and respect in the world for our posterity and contribute to African unity and modernization. On the other hand, the small successor states in a disintegrated Nigeria would be victims of perpetual war and misery and neo - colonialism. Our duty was clear. And we are today, vindicated.

The so - called "Rising Sun of Biafra" is set for ever. It will be a great disservice for anyone to continue to use the word "Biafra" to refer to any part of the East Central State of Nigeria. The tragic chapter of violence is just ended. We are at the dawn of national reconciliation. Once again we have the opportunity to build a new nation. On our side, we fought the war with great caution, not in anger or hatred, but always in the hope that common sense would prevail. Many times we sought a negotiated settlement, not out of wickedness, but in order to minimize the problems of reintegration, reconciliation and reconstruction. We knew that however the war ended, in the battlefield or in the conference room, our brothers fighting under other colors must rejoin us and that we must together rebuild the nation anew. All Nigerians share the victory today. The victory for national unity, victory for hopes of Africans and black people everywhere. We mourn the dead heroes. We thank God for sparing us to see this glorious dawn of national reconciliation. We must seek His guidance to do our duty to contribute our quota to the building of a great nation, ounded on the concerted efforts of all its people and on justice and equality. A nation never to return to the fractious, sterile and selfish debates that led to the tragic conflict just ending.

The Federal Government has mounted a massive relief operations to alleviate the suffering of the people in the newly liberated areas. We are mobilizing adequate resources to provide food, shelter, and medicines for the affected population. My government has directed that former civil servants and public corporation officials should be promptly reinstated as they come out of hiding. Details of this exercise have been published. Plans for the rehabilitation of self - employed people will also be announced promptly. We have overcome a lot over the past four years. I have therefore every confidence that ours will become a great nation.

The surrender paper was signed on 14th January 1970 in Lagos and thus came the end of the civil war and renunciation of secession.

CONFIRM BY CLICKING http://www.africamasterweb.com/BiafranWarCauses.html

ALSO PROVE IT BY A CLICK ON http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Effiong

msauza, reply to this post and let us see how intelligently, logically and analytically your brain works, because i will soon stop wasting my precious time on this topic talking to clearly dishonest and poorly educated school drop-outs like msauza and syndergp.

In a court of law you will never argue your case successfully. You want us to believe Mbeki but you don't want to believe what a Nigerian wrote about the Nigerian Army. I just only wanted to bring you closer to the conclusion that you should never believe everything that people say or write, irrespective of their position in society. Some of them are saying it in the light of gaining something out of it. Just as Mbeki did in his attempt of strengthening the ties between SA and Cuba. On contrary, did you expect Mbeki to lash out on Cuba of failing to defeat SA within a reasonable time despite having large number of troops deployed in Angola and messes up on diplomacy. I must admit Cuban forces played a major role in discouraging SA apartheid regime in its attempts to colonise the whole region, but the question is " how long did it take 50000 Cubans and alliances to stop about 3000 SA soldiers in Angola to retreat?". The answer is 23 years. Remember what sweet words SA used to apologise about the conflict that Nigeria and SA had about deportation of its citizens on account of yellow fever vaccination.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
Do you know that by the year 1987, more than 10 000 Cubans were killed in Angola?

10,000 Cubans Reported Killed in Angola War

June 16, 1987⁠|⁠Associated Press

WASHINGTON — The Cuban general who defected to the United States last month has told U.S. officials that 10,000 Cuban troops have been killed in Angola since 1976, according to senior Administration officials.

The estimate by Brig. Gen. Rafael del Pino Diaz is the first authoritative figure the United States has received on Cuban casualties in Angola, but the officials said it was roughly the same as American calculations.

Over the years, the Havana government has kept a tight hold on information about casualties in Angola, never referring to the subject publicly.

If the estimate of Del Pino is accurate, it would mean that Cuban losses in Angola are proportionately much higher than American fatalities in Vietnam. There were slightly more than 50,000 U.S. servicemen killed in Vietnam, but the U.S. population is about 22 times the size of Cuba's.

Jonas Savimbi, leader of the U.S.-backed anti-Communist rebels in Angola, said last year that the number of Cuban dead in Angola totaled 6,200 as of 1984.

Because of the absence of diplomatic relations with Angola's Marxist government, U.S. information about developments there has always been fragmentary, and officials have been hopeful that Del Pino would provide them with a full account.

A decade ago, Del Pino reportedly served as chief of the Cuban air and anti-aircraft forces in Angola.

Del Pino fled Cuba aboard a twin-engined Cessna 402 with his wife and three children May 28, and shortly thereafter the family was flown to a secret location in the Washington area.

The formal debriefing of Del Pino began a week ago after a 10-day rest period. Much of the early questioning of the former Cuban general has focused on the Cuban presence in Nicaragua, according to the officials, who insisted on anonymity.

On arrival at Key West Naval Air Station, Del Pino is said to have told U.S. officials that he defected because he believed the Cuban revolution was leading the country to ruin.

Cuba's military presence in Angola has fluctuated over the years and is now believed by U.S. officials to be at a high point of 37,000. Cuban troops were initially sent to Angola in the mid-1970s to help that country's defend itself against military attacks by South Africa.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-06-16/news/mn-7734_1_del-pino

http://www.rhodesia.nl/cuito.htm

http://m.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1988/08/cuba-havanas-military-machine/305932/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
Let get this current. There are 2 new civil wars going on in africa right now. CAR and maili. With nigeria, algeria and south africa taking part.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
Syndergp posted a photo of two mali rebels with AK-47 rifes and said those are the 'weak' soldiers that nigerian army and airforce is going to fight in Mali where nigerian infantry and jet fighters arrived to combat a few days ago with about 1,000 troops, wrong again, another false information by syndergp trying to ridicule nigerian military, here is the true information on BBC about the heavily armed mali rebels nigeria is now fighting alongside with france in joint operations.

BBC REPORT, WEB LINK NEW ON http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21002918

France's Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said four Rafale fighter jets, flying from their base in France, had attacked and destroyed rebel training camps and logistics depots in Gao, which acted as back-up bases for terrorist groups.
The air attacks were continuing as part of an offensive to drive back Islamist militants who still controlled large swathes of northern Mali, he said earlier.
"There were [air strikes] last night, there are now and there will be today and tomorrow," the minister said.

BBC Africa correspondent Andrew Harding says it seems clear that French air power is now preparing the ground for a much bigger offensive against the Islamists.
A spokesman for Ansar Dine Islamist group was quoted as saying that the French attacks had focused on three areas: Konna, Douentza and Lere.
But later reports said French bombers had also targeted the northern town of Kidal, described as a headquarters for Ansar Dine and its leader Iyad Ag Ghaly.

An unnamed Elysee Palace official quoted by AFP said on Sunday that French armed forces had been surprised by the fighting quality and the equipment of the militants they were up against.
"At the start, we thought they would be just a load of guys with guns driving about in their pick-ups, but the reality is that they are well-trained, well-equipped, and well-armed," the official said.
"From Libya they have got hold of a lot of up-to-date, sophisticated equipment which is much more robust and effective than we could have imagined."

those are the heavily armed forces nigeria is figthing now in mali, and france uses four of the world's best, rafale jet fighter bombers to attack these mali rebels, is france a fool ? no, syndergp is the fool.

syndergp you are a big time unrepentant liar of massive fraudulent proportions, try get medicine to cure your dishonest and weak brain. you must reply to this post and tell the public why you always like to feed them with false information, even when the truth is available in public sources for the whole world to read.

big liar you are syndergp, that is how you have been misleading people with false information on this forum !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
You know what I find strange. Why is Nigeria deploying F7's over Alpha jets. Seems strang to me. The F7 is a fighter interceptor based on the mig 21. A rather poor choice over the alpha jet. Yet reports are you sending them to malil.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 19, 2013
andrewza: You know what I find strange. Why is Nigeria deploying F7's over Alpha jets. Seems strang to me. The F7 is a fighter interceptor based on the mig 21. A rather poor choice over the alpha jet. Yet reports are you sending them to malil.

Nigeria is going no where without our alpha jets. Two alpha jets and two F-7's would be deployed and one G222 medium transport plane. The two alpha jets flew from abuja today, to NIGER republic. All sorties, reece and ground attacks would be made from the air base in niger.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Blyss: 12:52am On Jan 19, 2013
In regard to SA, as the supposed and self claimed military and economic giant of Africa, why are they not answering the Malian call for military Aid, why didn't they come to help Liberia, or Sierra Leon?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:38am On Jan 19, 2013
Blyss: In regard to SA, as the supposed and self claimed military and economic giant of Africa, why are they not answering the Malian call for military Aid, why didn't they come to help Liberia, or Sierra Leon?

We in Centrail african rebulic right now.

Any case it it a west african block matter. Last time we did any thing there you called a support ship a frigat and said we where imposing our imperial agenda extra extra. Basically you threw a tantram. But we have overd troops to the UN mission.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:40am On Jan 19, 2013
Henry120:

Nigeria is going no where without our alpha jets. Two alpha jets and two F-7's would be deployed and one G222 medium transport plane. The two alpha jets flew from abuja today, to NIGER republic. All sorties, reece and ground attacks would be made from the air base in niger.

I know the force size. My thing is why send the F7. 4 alpha jets would be a lot better than 2 alpha jets and 2 F7.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:18am On Jan 19, 2013
andrewza, i usually try to restrict my postings on this website to information that i can show everyone the source to prove it, like official institution's websites or wikipedia which is still the best public source of detailed information without going to libraries to search for books.

nigerian airforce F-7NI are highly upgraded, there are over 20 different versions of F-7 used by different countries you can see all of them on wikipedia of F-7. nigerian F-7 is not as bad as people think, but i dont have copies of the nigerian military documents to confirm the upgrades. sources told me that like bangladesh air force F-7, the nigerian version has been upgraded very heavily and has BVR (beyond visual range)capacity and can track multiple targets and lock missiles on them for attack from an invisible distance, BVR. they have ground attack capability as well as interceptor capability. thay can extend operational range with drop fuel tanks. they can also carry reconnaisance spy pods. some of the powerful countries like egypt, iran, bangladesh have removed the chinese radar and installed sophisticated british and american radars in their F-7, i am told nigeria did same but i was not shown the upgrade documents as i am not a serving air force officer and the nigerian military is very secretive about vital information especially equipment upgrade details.

nigerian military secrecy makes some sense to me now because if they had thrown all the technical data to the public, the mali rebels would have known all the upgrade capabilities of the coming F-7 and they will prepare their SAM missiles according to that information. now if they expect F-7 attack from visual range and the nigerians have BVR, then the rebels will be hit by missiles with surprise.

nigeria is confirmed to have upgraded 4 alpha jets in germany and newly equipped for naval maritime operations carrying ocean patrol electronics and anti-ship missiles in addition to its usual ground attack capabilities. this is a publicly disclosed upgrade detail and i am posting the photos here as well.
to view it just click on the blue fonts below that says "Nigerian Upgraded Alpha Jet, at the bottom of this post and then select option to open it with windows photo viewer.

also, nigerian air force HQ confirmed NAF Mi-35 hind attack helicopter gunships are landing in mali today for more ground attack operations.

the reason why NAF may favour F-7 in mali is because of its speed advantage over the alpha, the mali rebels have SAM missiles from libya and anti-aircraft guns, a very fast aircraft is harder to hit by enemy anti-aircraft guns. also to avoid surprises in war, NAF may want to use F-7 with AAM missiles to escort alpha jets doing the ground attack. in war, never underestimate your enemy like some people on this forum like to under-estimate nigerian military, you have to prepare for the unexpected, the french military got a surprise in mali when recce reports showed them the rebels weapons, the french had to use the best weapon that france has ever made, the rafale jet fighter-bombers to attack the mali rebels at night under the cover of darkness.

the new army and air force combat deployment in mali is a proof to what i have always said, that the nigerian military fights deadly wars wherever the action is, they dont select easy wars to fight, when you have generals who are trained in the best american, european, indian and israeli officers academy, you will be very bold to fight any war, and much confidence also comes from the fact that nigeria has never lost any war since world war I and our soldiers second combat experience in burma against japan in world war II under the british royal west african frontier force RWAFF which metamorphosed into the nigerian army after independence.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:24am On Jan 19, 2013
Serial # NAF 465, photo. to view it just click on the blue fonts below at the botom of this post that says "Nigerian Upgraded Alpha Jet, and then select option to open it with windows photo viewer.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2013
Blyss: In regard to SA, as the supposed and self claimed military and economic giant of Africa, why are they not answering the Malian call for military Aid, why didn't they come to help Liberia, or Sierra Leon?

My friend we believe that African problems must be solved by Africans and on the same breath, regional problems ( eg. Ecowas, SADC ) must be solved by countries in that particular region. Do you want South Africa to be accused of playing superpowers by AU? No, that is not the best way possible to intervene in Mali. We are not NATO forces who just intervene without appropriate authorisation, in actual fact, Nigeria and Ghana as prominent countries in that region should be the first to intervene.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 19, 2013

The AU and its regional security organisations has a agreement on deployment of troops in regional conflicts due to economic, geopolitical considerations including the 2011 spat between ECOWAS, SA Foreign Affiars and France in Ivory Coast.

ABUJA-South Africa's decision to deploy a Naval Vessel to Ivory Coast is complicating efforts to bring a peacefull resolution to the country's post election crisis, the West African region bloc ECOWAS said on tuesday "As we now there is a South African Naval warship docket in Cote De Ivoire.

Now actions such as that can only complicate the matter further, "the presedent of ECOWAS Commision, James Victor Gheho, said in Nigerian capital Abuja, "the concern that some of us have is that apparently of certain Geopolitical Interests, some countries are keen on awarding a failure mark to ECOWAS at this stage so that they themselfs would shine," Gbeho said.

News24.com/news/ecowas-miffed-at-sa-warship-in-ivory-coast-20110208

Even when this happend there was a navy frigate from Netherlands also docked in ivory coast, but ur beloved Nigeria and Ecowas kept quiet and only focussed on SA personally this actually came from France because they didn't want a African navy warship in there backyardgrin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
henry you didnt add this popular video to your post on the nigerian army deployment in mali few days ago, i got this from BBC and youtube. if you get video of the NAF F-7 jets and NAF alpha jets that flew out of abuja yesterday, please post as i am interested to see them. the only photo of upgraded alpha jet i have is the NAF anti-ship maritme combat version. thanks.

you can see the nigerian desert warfare regiment troops video as they boarded C-130 to mali, just click the youtube web video link below and watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7AQISQdlRT0
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
My friend there's no such thing as a desert warfare regiment, armed troops from a profesionally trained Nigerian Army should be competent enough in any enviroment especially sub-saharan semi desert conditions in Mali.

I must stress however that the AU, UN and other analysts have stressed there worries abt some troop batalions sent by ECOWAS nations lack in training, logistical support and equipment due to the emergency early deployment of soldiers to MALI
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 19, 2013
agaugust: henry you didnt add this popular video to your post on the nigerian army deployment in mali few days ago, i got this from BBC and youtube. if you get video of the NAF F-7 jets and NAF alpha jets that flew out of abuja yesterday, please post as i am interested to see them. the only photo of upgraded alpha jet i have is the NAF anti-ship maritme combat version. thanks.

you can see the nigerian desert warfare regiment troops video as they boarded C-130 to mali, just click the youtube web video link below and watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7AQISQdlRT0

I'm sorry boss, I don't have any video. Infact none of our local tv stations showed them taking off from the air port. Only thisdaylive.com has a picture of a pilot getting into the alpha jet. Just one photo. However do not get your expectations to high, as the photo does not show the full jet.

However I must say that our troops in mali are very well kitted and armed, with equipment and vests made in nigeria. There is a thread on nairaland showing our troops leaving and you can search for "afolabi sotunde" a nigerian photo journalist with reuters news agency, he has some amazing shots of our troops at the tarmac. Search for him on google.

The troops are well trained, well kitted and well armed. It is just lest for them to do us proud.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2013
snydergp why do you like making a fool of yourself to the public like this ? you open your mouth to say there is nothing like a desert warfare regiment just because you want to insult the nigerian military capability again ? have you no shame ? read your comment again and see how the first paragraph contradicts the last paragraph, are you sure you can lead one infantry platoon ? are you below sergeant rank ? do you want to kill yourself with envy because of the nigerian military capability ? are you the one that trained that nigerian desert warfare regiment ? are you have problem with simple english language and you dont know the general meaning of the word regiment ?

are you the one that selected the particular battalion that nigerian army sent to mali ? do you have the nigerian army headquarters training and doctrine command TRADOC course specialization training schedules the troops were built on ? were you there in the yusufari sahel region of yobe state where those nigerian trained since last year specially for desert warfare in mali when ecowas decided we must fight ? did your blind eyes ever see the yusafari desert training in nigeria which i posted here below ? were you sleeping when the nigerian chief of army staff read his final address to them publicly with journalists recording it and reminded them they have completed a new course for desert warfare more advanced than their other army fellow combatants ? are you the one that develops training programmes and course manuals for the nigerian army ? do you have copies of the course manuals used to train 8,000 nigerian soldiers for different types of special terrain and conflict combat in america and nigeria in year 2012 to form the new nigerian CTCOIN forces ?

snydergp have you been missing your appointments with your south african psychiatric doctor recently ? are you sure the south african military did not put you on reserve list due to your sickly mental conditions ? i dont know how a normal human being can use his brain the way you misuse your own. wonder if there is any brain there in your empty skull at all.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:34pm On Jan 19, 2013
henry my oga, how are you sir ? here is the nigerian army desert force boarding C-130 aircraft to mali, the video is popular on you tube, just view it directly here. no need to worry about combat, our troops trained extra for desert terrain since last year and officers learnt some french language. i hear that women soldiers are in the nigerian mali force and i have a photo for that, but i cant verify female breasts because of the bullet proof vests they wear. the only worry is that religion is involved, every military history expert knows that religious war is hard to finish when islam or christianity is involved, religious war involves peoples faith and they are ready to die for whatever type of God they believe in. blood will flow in mali for sure. i have a photo of the landing of our troops at mali's bamako airport at night, they gushed out of our hercules planes ramp like israeli commandoes at entebbe raid in uganda !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0rAEgoo9zQ
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 19, 2013
Buhahahahahahaha, @agaugust, you have totally destroyed syndergp. You got me laughing real hard. Thank you for posting the video. You've made very good points about our mission in mali. GODS SPEED to all of them.

@ANDREWZA, and all south africans on nairaland. You guys should please go attand games at the afcon, i wasn't too happy with the lots of the empty seats at the stadia today. Goodluck to nigeria
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2013
Listen here foolish boy @AGUAGUST, it seems a F*ckup EYE site has trully damaged any of ur stupid ilogical responses, U FUCKTART.

Did u see my writting saying nigerian army is not trained and adiquatly armoured or some of Ecowas member states troops.

U are a IDIOT BOY and PLEASE!!! Accuse me of being RUDE because right now even ur FOOLISHNESS are becoming LEGENDARY

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
The optimism of Ecowas is not shared universally, Marco Wyss, a Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, says Ecowas has weaknesses. "Be it equipment, training or troop morale, the Ecowas states' military capabilities are not sufficient to defeat such an opponent, " he said in an interview with DW.

That's why previous military interventions by Ecowas had also not been crowned by succes. In early 1990's Ecowas were accused of taking sides in the civil war, soldiers were alleged to have been used excessive force even against civillian population, including RAPE.

Missions in Sierra Leone, Guinea-Bissau and Ivory Coast were also not without criticism

http://www.dw.de/west-african-forces-begin-mali-mission/a-16533491 [b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.