Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4437062 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 10, 2013
mchidi: guy I have told u the name is mchidi and I can clearly see u are crazy I said we had the highest medal in the paralympics not the olympics u dummy and how would u know if nigeria has a psychiatric hospital wen u are based in sa and am sure ur mom and dad ar both in a psychiatric hospital dat y u are indirectly asking 2 try out sa psychiatric hospital wen I don't have mental Problem

while u at it tell ur high class leaders to stop going to europe for medical treatment because ur hospitals are thirdworld, so please visit sa's psychiatric hospitals u VILLAGE CLOWNgrin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by demmie1: 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
strangleyo: I'll quote:

I was being generous early on. It seems Egypt is head and shoulders above the rest in Africa.

Nigeria doesn't even touch Egypt when it comes to military equipment.

even if Nigeria does, where's the morale, who'd want to fight for Nigeria. my take is Nigeria is at the bottom of the list.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
IOLO, I RESPECT YOUR MANNER OF APPROACH AND SOUND THINKING FACULTY. I STOPPED COMMENTING ON THIS TOPIC BECAUSE OF SOME SEMI-ILLITERATE SOUTH AFRICAN 'SOLDIERS' AND CIVILIANS WHO USE INSULTING LANGUAGE AND BIASED JUDGEMENT TO POST COMMENTS ON THIS TOPIC OF AFRICA'S TOP TEN MILITARY POWERS (COUNTRIES). YOUR GOOD THINKING MADE ME COMMENT AGAIN FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO BE INFORMED.

MILITARY RANKING IS SOMETIMES DONE USING INAPPROPRIATE FACTORS TO JUDGE
MILITARY RANKING IS OFTEN DONE BY PEOPLE WHO LACK THE TECHNICAL SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE TO JUDGE

MILITARY RANKING IS BEST JUDGED BY A COMBINATION OF ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE OFFICERS ABOVE THE RANK OF A MAJOR WITH CONTRIBUTION FROM WAR HISTORIANS AND MILITARY STRATEGISTS. ALL OF US WHO COMMENT ON THIS TOPIC ON NAIRALAND LACK THESE QUALIFICATIONS, SO I DECIDED TO CONSULT A TEAM OF SENIOR MILITARY MEN AND WAR HISTORIANS IN THE USA WHERE I WORK WITH A PRIVATE MILITARY CONSULTANCY COMPANY AS AN AFRICAN RESEARCH SUPPORT STAFF.

ONE MAN I WILL RESPECT HIS OPINION ON AFRICAN MILITARY RANKINGS IS DIMEJI BANKOLE EX-SPEAKER HOUSE OF REPS NIGERIA, HE IS A FORMER BRITISH ARMY OFFICER AND HAS A MASTERS DEGREE IN MILITARY STRATEGY.

THE AMERICAN TEAM I CONSULTED HAVE TOLD ME THE CRITICAL FACTORS USED TO JUDGE MILITARY POWER AND I USED THAT TO MAKE MY RANKINGS.
THESE CRITICAL FACTORS OF POWER INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO :

(1) CURRENT EQUIPMENT IN SERVICE AND COMBAT READY OR IN SAFE STORAGE (UKRAINE'S AIR FORCE 100 JETS ACTIVE, 200 JETS IN SAFE STORAGE)
(2) NUMBER OF COMBAT MEN IN SERVICE AND TRAINED RESERVISTS (NORTH KOREAN ARMY DETERRENT TO THE WEST BASED ON 1950 KOERAN WAR OF NUMBERS)
(3) ABILITY OF THE MEN TO USE THEIR EQUIPMENT TO MAXIMUM BATTLEFIELD EFFECTIVENESS (ETHIOPIAN AIR FORCE DOG FIGHT PILOTS)
(4) CALIBRE AND QUALITY OF OFFICERS FROM LIEUTENANT COLONEL TO 5 STAR GENERAL (ISRAELI ARMY OFFICERS IN WAR TACTICS)
(5) PREVIOUS AND RECENT COMBAT EXPLOITS OF THE FORCES (ISRAELI MILITARY HISTORY 1967 TO 2013)
(6) HISTORIC FIGHTING MORALE OF THE SOLDIERS (GURKHA ARMY ORIGINATING OF ASIAN NEPAL NATION NOW IN THE BRITISH ARMY)
(7) ABILITY OF THE MILITARY TO TRANSFORM RAPIDLY AND INCREASE ITS BATTLE FIELD POTENCY WITHIN THE FIRST FEW WEEKS OF WAR (UKRAINE'S WEAPONS IN SAFE STORAGE)

SOME TWO FACTORS COMMONLY USE BY THE UNTRAINED, ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO JUDGE MILTARY POWER, THEY ARE :

MILITARY BUDGET IS NOT AN EASY FACTOR TO USE BECAUSE OF FRAUD BY CORRUPT GOVERNMENTS LIKE ANGOLA AND ZIMBABWE WHO STEAL BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN THE NAME OF
DEFENSE SPENDING, IT IS COMMON IN AFRICA. ALSO SOME SPEND MORE OF RECURRENT EXPENDITURE AND NOT CAPITAL EXPENDITURE DUE TO SOLDIERS HUGE SALARIES OR CONSUMPTION OF BATTLEFIELD ORDINANCE AND MUNITIONS DURING AN ONGOING WAR LIKE SUDAN.

MILITARY WEAPONS MANUFACTURING LOCALLY IS NOT ALSO A GOOD FACTOR TO JUDGE BECAUSE USSR SOVIET ERA MISTAKES HAS TAUGHT THE WHOLE WORLD A LESSON THAT GOVERNMENT 100% FUNDING OF DEFENSE INDUSTRIES WILL KILL THE ECONOMY IN THE LONG RUN. SO MOST COUNTRIES PRIVATIZE WEAPONS MANUFACTURING. THIS IS THE REASON WHY DENEL OF SOUTH AFRICA IS NOW BEING SLOWLY PRIVATIZED. ALSO THE WEAPONS PRODUCED IN A CAPITALIST COUNTRY HAS TO BE FULLY PAID FOR BY THE GOVERNMENT TO BUY FOR EQUIPPING THEIR MILITARY, UNLIKE THE USSR SOVIET ECONOMY OF THE PAST WHICH COLLECTED LARGE NUMBERS OF WEAPONRY FOR THE COLD WAR WITHOUT PROPER ECONOMIC DEALING WITH THE MANUFACTURERS, AND THAT IS PART OF WHAT COLLAPSED THE SOVIET UNIONS ECONOMY LEADING TO PRESIDENT GORBACHEV'S GLASNOST AND PERESTROIKA POLICY CHANGES.

ALSO EXPAINS WHY SOUTH AFRICA MANUFACTURES THE ROOIVAK HELICOPTER GUNSHIP BUT HAS JUST LESS THAN 15 OF THE AIRCRAFT IN ITS OWN AIR FORCE, COMPARE THAT TO EGYPT WHICH DOES NOT MANUFACTURE HELICOPTER GUNSHIPS BUT HAS 150 AIRCRAFT IN ITS AIR FORCE (INCLUDING AMERICAN MADE APACHE HELICOPTERS) TEN TIMES THAT OF SOUTH AFRICA WHICH BOASTS OF MANUFACTURING. SO IN AN HELICOPTER COMBAT WHO WILL WIN ? EGYPT OR SOUTH AFRICA ? LET THE PUBLIC JUDGE WITH THEIR COMMON SENSE ! WEAPONS COST BILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO PRODUCE IN LARGE NUMBERS. WHAT YOU PRODUCE DOES NOT FIGHT A WAR FOR YOU UNLESS YOU BUY IT AND EQUIP YOUR MILITARY WITH IT. VERY SIMPLE LOGIC.

THUS I USED THE 7 CRITICAL POINTS ABOVE TO MAKE MY RANKING OF AFRICA'S TO TEN MILITARY POWERS AS FOLLOWS :

STRONGEST TEN MILITARY POWERS/COUNTRIES IN AFRICA :

don't be surprised,this is the most technically sound rankings from world class military analysts in europe and north america

1. EGYPT
too powerful,too strong,too well trained,too well equipped,too experienced to be challenged by any other african country. the world respects egypt's power

2. ALGERIA
it will shock any country that tries to fight algeria, very well equipped modern army and airforce,yet people don't know. algeria is a silent big power

3. NIGERIA AND SOUTH AFRICA SAME POSITION

nigerian army and navy are bigger and stronger both in equipment and manpower, but south african airforce is very much stronger in modern equipment, so a balance of power, meaning that a war between nigeria and south africa will end in a stalemate of no winner no loser like the iran-iraq war, it is only crazy nations who start such war that will end in a stalemate, you gain nothing, you lose many things. both countries have stealth warships, good radar defence and satellites in orbit for surveillance and information. the world respects nigerian artillery and infantry skills displayed in the past 20 years. the world respects south african airforce as they have been flying combat missions since world war II in 1940 and have very modern jet fighters. both countries have a navy not yet tested fully in battle. south african army has no record of military victory in any modern war and it tactically avoids direct combat for the past 20 years till now.

4. ETHIOPIA, ANGOLA, AND SUDAN SAME POSITION

ethiopia has a battle hardened army,combat experience nation against nation,its airforce flew warplanes against italy over 70 years ago! respect ethiopia. angola and sudan have latest jet-fighters and massive tanks/artillery firepower with many years of real combat experience in big civil wars

5. MOROCCO, ERITREA, UGANDA SAME POSITION
morocco has good jet-fighters,but its soldiers are not first-class on land and air combat. eritrea is a small nation with powerful airforce and army having many years of serious battlefield experience. uganda has a modernized airforce with good jetfighters and a moderately experienced army with good commanders

HOWEVER IN REAL WAR, ANY OF THE WEAKER AFRICAN COUNTRIES LIKE CAMEROUN CAN SURPRISINGLY AND SUDDENLY BECOME MILITARILY POWERFUL OVERNIGHT IF THEY HAVE A DEFENCE PACT WITH A WORLD SUPER POWER LIKE FRANCE. SIERRA LEONE HAD A DEFENCE PACT WITH NIGERIA AND THE IGNORANT REBELS OVERTHREW PRSIDENT TEJAN KABBAH, NIGERIAN MILITARY RESPONDED IMMEDIATELY AND DEFEATED THE REBELS. THIS IS THE REASON WHY NIGERIA IS ALWAYS AFRAID OF WAR WITH CAMEROUN IN BAKASSI, AS FRANCE CAN SUPPORT CAMEROUN AND DEFEAT NIGERIA IN A WAR. PRESIDENT OBASANJO RUSHED TO UKRAINE TO SIGN A DEFENCE PACT BEFORE MOVING MORE TROOPS INTO BAKASSI PENINSULA DURING HIS FIRST TERM. FRANCE USED MILITARY POWER IN IVORY COAST LAST YEAR AND JUST YESTERDAY IN MALI. NEVER UNDER-ESTIMATE SUCH COUNTRIES WHO HAVE DEFENSE PACTS WITH AN EUROPEAN SUPER POWER, EVEN IF IT IS BELGIUM.

if you doubt the above military power rankings for african countries, spend some time to carefully study each countries military equipment and war history on wikipedia, army recognition, and modern african war history on the internet. observe independent and unbiased web records egypt-israeli war, sudanese civil war, angolan civil war, liberian and sierra leonean civil wars, south african- cuban bush war, ethiopian-eritrean civil wars, ugandan civil war, etc. thank you general public.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2013
agaugust: IOLO, I RESPECT YOUR MANNER OF APPROACH AND SOUND THINKING FACULTY. I STOPPED COMMENTING ON THIS TOPIC BECAUSE OF SOME SEMI-ILLITERATE SOUTH AFRICAN 'SOLDIERS' AND CIVILIANS WHO USE INSULTING LANGUAGE AND BIASED JUDGEMENT TO POST COMMENTS ON THIS TOPIC OF AFRICA'S TOP TEN MILITARY POWERS (COUNTRIES). YOUR GOOD THINKING MADE ME COMMENT AGAIN FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO BE INFORMED.

MILITARY RANKING IS OFTEN DONE BY PEOPLE WHO LACK THE TECHNICAL SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE TO JUDGE

MILITARY RANKING IS BEST JUDGED BY A COMBINATION OF ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE OFFICERS ABOVE THE RANK OF A MAJOR WITH CONTRIBUTION FROM WAR HISTORIANS AND MILITARY STRATEGISTS. ALL OF US WHO COMMENT ON THIS TOPIC ON NAIRALAND LACK THESE QUALIFICATIONS, SO I DECIDED TO CONSULT A TEAM OF SENIOR MILITARY MEN AND WAR HISTORIANS IN THE USA WHERE I WORK WITH A PRIVATE MILITARY CONSULTANCY COMPANY AS AN AFRICAN RESEARCH SUPPORT STAFF.

ONE MAN I WILL RESPECT HIS OPINION ON AFRICAN MILITARY RANKINGS IS DIMEJI BANKOLE EX-SPEAKER HOUSE OF REPS NIGERIA, HE IS A FORMER BRITISH ARMY OFFICER AND HAS A MASTERS DEGREE IN MILITARY STRATEGY.

THE AMERICAN TEAM I CONSULTED HAVE TOLD ME THE CRITICAL FACTORS USED TO JUDGE MILITARY POWER AND I USED THAT TO MAKE MY RANKINGS.

(1) CURRENT EQUIPMENT IN SERVICE AND COMBAT READY OR IN SAFE STORAGE (UKRAINE'S AIR FORCE 100 JETS ACTIVE, 200 JETS IN SAFE STORAGE)
(2) NUMBER OF COMBAT MEN IN SERVICE AND TRAINED RESERVISTS (NORTH KOREAN ARMY DETERRENT TO THE WEST BASED ON 1950 KOERAN WAR OF NUMBERS)
(3) ABILITY OF THE MEN TO USE THEIR EQUIPMENT TO MAXIMUM BATTLEFIELD EFFECTIVENESS (ETHIOPIAN AIR FORCE DOG FIGHT PILOTS)
(4) CALIBRE AND QUALITY OF OFFICERS FROM LIEUTENANT COLONEL TO 5 STAR GENERAL (ISRAELI ARMY OFFICERS IN WAR TACTICS)
(5) PREVIOUS AND RECENT COMBAT EXPLOITS OF THE FORCES (ISRAELI MILITARY HISTORY 1967 TO 2013)
(6) HISTORIC FIGHTING MORALE OF THE SOLDIERS (GURKHA ARMY ORIGINATING OF ASIAN NEPAL NATION NOW IN THE BRITISH ARMY)
(7) ABILITY OF THE MILITARY TO TRANSFORM RAPIDLY AND INCREASE ITS BATTLE FIELD POTENCY WITHIN THE FIRST FEW WEEKS OF WAR (UKRAINE'S WEAPONS IN SAFE STORAGE)

SOME TWO FACTORS COMMONLY USE BY THE UNTRAINED, ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO JUDGE MILTARY POWER, THEY ARE :

MILITARY BUDGET IS NOT AN EASY FACTOR TO USE BECAUSE OF FRAUD BY CORRUPT GOVERNMENTS LIKE ANGOLA AND ZIMBABWE WHO STEAL BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN THE NAME OF
DEFENSE SPENDING, IT IS COMMON IN AFRICA. ALSO SOME SPEND MORE OF RECURRENT EXPENDITURE AND NOT CAPITAL EXPENDITURE DUE TO SOLDIERS HUGE SALARIES OR CONSUMPTION OF BATTLEFIELD ORDINANCE AND MUNITIONS DURING AN ONGOING WAR LIKE SUDAN.

MILITARY WEAPONS MANUFACTURING LOCALLY IS NOT ALSO A GOOD FACTOR TO JUDGE BECAUSE USSR SOVIET ERA MISTAKES HAS TAUGHT THE WHOLE WORLD A LESSON THAT GOVERNMENT 100% FUNDING OF DEFENSE INDUSTRIES WILL KILL THE ECONOMY IN THE LONG RUN. SO MOST COUNTRIES PRIVATIZE WEAPONS MANUFACTURING. THIS IS THE REASON WHY DENEL OF SOUTH AFRICA IS NOW BEING SLOWLY PRIVATIZED. ALSO THE WEAPONS PRODUCED IN A CAPITALIST COUNTRY HAS TO BE FULLY PAID FOR BY THE GOVERNMENT TO BUY FOR EQUIPPING THEIR MILITARY, UNLIKE THE USSR SOVIET ECONOMY OF THE PAST WHICH COLLECTED LARGE NUMBERS OF WEAPONRY FOR THE COLD WAR WITHOUT PROPER ECONOMIC DEALING WITH THE MANUFACTURERS, AND THAT IS PART OF WHAT COLLAPSED THE SOVIET UNIONS ECONOMY LEADING TO PRESIDENT GORBACHEV'S GLASNOST AND PERESTROIKA POLICY CHANGES.

ALSO EXPAINS WHY SOUTH AFRICA MANUFACTURES THE ROOIVAK HELICOPTER GUNSHIP BUT HAS JUST LESS THAN 15 OF THE AIRCRAFT IN ITS OWN AIR FORCE, COMPARE THAT TO EGYPT WHICH DOES NOT MANUFACTURE HELICOPTER GUNSHIPS BUT HAS 150 AIRCRAFT IN ITS AIR FORCE (INCLUDING AMERICAN MADE APACHE HELICOPTERS) TEN TIMES THAT OF SOUTH AFRICA WHICH BOASTS OF MANUFACTURING. SO IN AN HELICOPTER COMBAT WHO WILL WIN ? EGYPT OR SOUTH AFRICA ? LET THE PUBLIC JUDGE WITH THEIR COMMON SENSE ! WEAPONS COST BILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO PRODUCE IN LARGE NUMBERS. WHAT YOU PRODUCE DOES NOT FIGHT A WAR FOR YOU UNLESS YOU BUY IT AND EQUIP YOUR MILITARY WITH IT. VERY SIMPLE LOGIC.

THUS I USED THE 7 CRITICAL POINTS ABOVE TO MAKE MY RANKING OF AFRICA'S TO TEN MILITARY POWERS AS FOLLOWS :

don't be surprised,this is the most technically sound rankings from world class military analysts in europe and north america

1. EGYPT
too powerful,too strong,too well trained,too well equipped,too experienced to be challenged by any other african country. the world respects egypt's power

2. ALGERIA
it will shock any country that tries to fight algeria, very well equipped modern army and airforce,yet people don't know. algeria is a silent big power

nigerian army and navy are bigger and stronger both in equipment and manpower, but south african airforce is very much stronger in modern equipment, so a balance of power, meaning that a war between nigeria and south africa will end in a stalemate of no winner no loser like the iran-iraq war, it is only crazy nations who start such war that will end in a stalemate, you gain nothing, you lose many things. both countries have stealth warships, good radar defence and satellites in orbit for surveillance and information. the world respects nigerian artillery and infantry skills displayed in the past 20 years. the world respects south african airforce as they have been flying combat missions since world war II in 1940 and have very modern jet fighters. both countries have a navy not yet tested fully in battle. south african army has no record of military victory in any modern war and it tactically avoids direct combat for the past 20 years till now.

ethiopia has a battle hardened army,combat experience nation against nation,its airforce flew warplanes against italy over 70 years ago! respect ethiopia. angola and sudan have latest jet-fighters and massive tanks/artillery firepower with many years of real combat experience in big civil wars

morocco has good jet-fighters,but its soldiers are not first-class on land and air combat. eritrea is a small nation with powerful airforce and army having many years of serious battlefield experience. uganda has a modernized airforce with good jetfighters and a moderately experienced army with good commanders

HOWEVER IN REAL WAR, ANY OF THE WEAKER AFRICAN COUNTRIES LIKE CAMEROUN CAN SURPRISINGLY AND SUDDENLY BECOME MILITARILY POWERFUL OVERNIGHT IF THEY HAVE A DEFENCE PACT WITH A WORLD SUPER POWER LIKE FRANCE. SIERRA LEONE HAD A DEFENCE PACT WITH NIGERIA AND THE IGNORANT REBELS OVERTHREW PRSIDENT TEJAN KABBAH, NIGERIAN MILITARY RESPONDED IMMEDIATELY AND DEFEATED THE REBELS. THIS IS THE REASON WHY NIGERIA IS ALWAYS AFRAID OF WAR WITH CAMEROUN IN BAKASSI, AS FRANCE CAN SUPPORT CAMEROUN AND DEFEAT NIGERIA IN A WAR. PRESIDENT OBASANJO RUSHED TO UKRAINE TO SIGN A DEFENCE PACT BEFORE MOVING MORE TROOPS INTO BAKASSI PENINSULA DURING HIS FIRST TERM. FRANCE USED MILITARY POWER IN IVORY COAST LAST YEAR AND JUST YESTERDAY IN MALI. NEVER UNDER-ESTIMATE SUCH COUNTRIES WHO HAVE DEFENSE PACTS WITH AN EUROPEAN SUPER POWER, EVEN IF IT IS BELGIUM.

if you doubt the above military power rankings for african countries, spend some time to carefully study each countries military equipment and war history on wikipedia, army recognition, and modern african war history on the internet. observe independent and unbiased web records egypt-israeli war, sudanese civil war, angolan civil war, liberian and sierra leonean civil wars, south african- cuban bush war, ethiopian-eritrean civil wars, ugandan civil war, etc. thank you general public.

Speaking in all captial and bolding does not help your case. It is a sine of immututry. And we not rude we direct. There is a difrence. If you want I can show you the difrence. I thought you stoped comting so why you back now.

Yes it done by those with no skill to judge we never agree here. Wikpiedia is a prime source of poor info.

Congrats you consoulted a team I gave my sourc did you both to check up on them. Janes deffens they are a well respect milltary analliasts. And then I have access to a milltary libary with books covring this topic. There are well educted people on there from nigeria that fear you may collaps in to civil war. Never mind have a strong milltary.

Denel has been a privat company for some time along with eskom, telcom, SAA, SASOL, extra. But the they fall under strageic resources. Baicaly the goverment will make sure there never go bankrupt. Exampl the bail out to SAA.

You correct we only bought has in paid denel cash for 15 helicopters. Remember we don't get a few billion us dollars in milltray aid. The thing is though if amrica cut ties with egyt could they maintain there us helicopters. We can maintain every thing in our milltary internaly. We don't need out dide suport to provide parts or cash for parts or personal and in some case even faclties to run maintance, repairs and upgrads. That is whayt a home grown deffens indusry brings. That is why even stuff we buy from other countries we buy the rights to the parts or replace them with local sytems and parts. And we have all ways said egyt milltary is strong but internal problems hamper them.

Egpt is proped up to number one by Amrica. Take it away they becom a libya.

Algeria is strong they have a lot of new hardware and well displend force. But there doctrain and how they will use there milltary needs to be worked out. Actualy given enough time they will become number one. They got the money and the motavation. They in a rather intriting area of the world (compaired to say the south. We only have mugaby and he is no threat)

Me I say

Egypt

SA/Algeria
(You seem to have forgot the border war. Yes we prever hit and run. But we did take on the cuban army in the largest battel in africa since WW2 and no matter who you cliam won. Our losses where small actualy not even worth mentionaing compaired to the Cuban/angolan losses. We also field the most advanced arrtailry sytem in the world. The G6 52 rhino. We all so have a much better C3I2R sytem than nigeria )
Nigeria

Has mentionded before I would had Kenya and right at the botom but still on the list zim. Zimmbawe may have a crack pot ruler but there milltary is no joke and they got a lot of supoort from china. And again why you put Sudan so high. Yes they got some nice aire craft but there army is bascaly geard to fighting rebels. Has soon has a real milltary shows up the nature of the war changes. Not saying they should not be on the list but why so high.

All so mentioning studing a egpt israly wars is strang. Other than breife succes in the Yoma kip war at the start they got the ass handed to them. Just saying.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 3:36am On Jan 13, 2013
agaugust: IOLO, I RESPECT YOUR MANNER OF APPROACH AND SOUND THINKING FACULTY. I STOPPED COMMENTING ON THIS TOPIC BECAUSE OF SOME SEMI-ILLITERATE SOUTH AFRICAN 'SOLDIERS' AND CIVILIANS WHO USE INSULTING LANGUAGE AND BIASED JUDGEMENT TO POST COMMENTS ON THIS TOPIC OF AFRICA'S TOP TEN MILITARY POWERS (COUNTRIES). YOUR GOOD THINKING MADE ME COMMENT AGAIN FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO BE INFORMED.

1. EGYPT

2. ALGERIA

I still maintain my position, your ranking is flawed in every respect. You might be right to a certain degree in terms of the research that you have conducted independently, but that does not make you right to put SA and Nigeria on the same scale. In terms of technology and the military expertise, that I am sure, South Africa is way far ahead of Nigeria. You have limited your argument on the manufacturing of ROOIVALK, yet you forget that it is 10x more powerful and advanced than APACHE and what about CHEETAH (fighter plane), tanks and variety of weaponry that we have manufactured on our own? Nigeria does not have the skill, expertise and financial muscle to produce what we have achieved thus far and that apply to Egypt as well.

In the past, in respect of biological warfare, though is illegal today, there was no African country that could match us in that department. We are the only country in Africa to have build and dismantled our own atomic and nuclear weaponry. It is a well proven fact that SA has better scientists and engineers in their military than any country in Africa. Do you think that this expertise and technology in our military has all vanished through thin air?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
It seems like 2013 is once again started with same old foolish bull let me just put the question abt hardware quality on this topic to rest.

Please if u wanna compare Nigeria on the issue of artiliry u should get ur facts straight.

Another thing please ask ur "Analysts" if any of there countries artiliry.

Denel is not a privatly owned company but its run like a private company its 100% owned by SA goverment.

Get ur facts straight and stop posting nonsense.

To compare SAN with to nigeria and to even state that they are on par is by all means a lie. None of ur naval currently can match the Valour Class warships in nigeria nt even egyptian can compare anything close.

I still say u @aguagust are a foolish fraud, and please don't compare those Chinese stealth patrol boats to a fully fledge anti-balistic warships SAN's have.

Military analyst my @ss why don't u and them post to us the true facts here not some thum sucking lies. Call me rude when I say ur a fraud.

Those writings in bold don't prove or enhance any of ur stupid nonsense.tongue

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
U say nigeria has better artiliry then SANDF show me anything in its infantry or in the world better then this

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 13, 2013
Show me a better equiped naval ship that's rated in the top ten of the worlds best warships and I'm not talking abt a stealth chinese made patrol boat.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 13, 2013
Show me a better anti artilary missile that can match this or in nigeria not even the AGM-114 Hellfire the APACHE uses is more deadly that's why it is exported and used by 24 countries world wide there's even a few MII-28's testing it in the Russian airforce

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
Name me one african state with the capability of developing its own serveillence UAV and attack UAV's not foreign sponsored developement projects for civilian use but fully operational UAV's with EWC suits that can jam most modern air deffense systems including taking out advanced infantry combat units.

Untill any other african state can do this in 2013 without any US sponsored AID I don't consider them as military advanced nations, but countries who still believe that numbers and troops in lighly armoured cars harresing its population poorly paid with a lack of command structures.

Lastly the nigerian navy don't even have a single submarine compared to SAN who operates the most modern subs on the continent and still @Aguagust wants to compare the two nations navies as being equal.

There's only 3 african states with subs and only two nations who's subs are considered to be wurth a mention not old outdated soviet and french hand me downs.

U can have 800 aircrafts including gunships but how many are operational. 150 gunships which only 40 are operational and those that's are operations needs US-Lockheed Martin's spares and technicians while u can only deploy 22 at any given time is totally useless in an wartime situation.

Politics on a military thread and talking nonsense won't get u anywhere and please wiki is not a credible source and tell ur flaud analyst who tell u that a nation that has subs and fully fledged warships and are no match for a few stealth patrol boats to stop there sentimental bullsh*t. Don't tell me that u have warships that can outgun SAN cause this rude SA citizen are telling u ur talking SH*T.

Untill ur countryman can produce anything close to this nomather there skin colour u should go back to ur analyst for more nonsense.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 13, 2013
@all the SA here you black or white?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: @all the SA here you black or white?

Dose it really matter. We south africans. And the milltary is the least racial place in SA where all people get along or at least don't let the racial problems affect there work.

I do find it strang how some body could compaire Nigeria's navy to SAN. NN has a lot of marine styel units in it. The actual navy is rather small with only a few patrol boats 1 old friat and and a hand me down US coast gaurd cutter. When was the lasy time the NN took part in a internation war game. SAN had 3 ast year along with a few smaller exersizes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 13, 2013
andrewza: 00

Dose it really matter. We south africans. And the milltary is the least racial place in SA where all people get along or at least don't let the racial problems affect there work.

I do find it strang how some body could compaire Nigeria's navy to SAN. NN has a lot of marine styel units in it. The actual navy is rather small with only a few patrol boats 1 old friat and and a hand me down US coast gaurd cutter. When was the lasy time the NN took part in a internation war game. SAN had 3 ast year along with a few smaller exersizes.
grin grin grin grin, i doubt that's the answer of my question.........> you are black/African or white
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: @all the SA here you black or white?

Black white blue mixed race what difference does it make or what does it contribute to the topic or are u just trying to be foolish
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: grin grin grin grin, i doubt that's the answer of my question.........> you are black/African or white

Just what to know why. Any case I am white.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 13, 2013
i knew it ^^^ in case you are still wondering about why i asked well whites are always talking condescendingly to Africans/Blacks.that's what you have been doing here from day one. grin grin.
do you consider yourself African? grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2013
I'm black african or in SA terms coloured/mixed race.

What are u on abt because this is abt military not racial bullsh*t u are trying change this thread into go find something else to don't waste my time.

I can't help u if u feel inferior
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 13, 2013
you can make a point without being pompous and obnoxious grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i knew it ^^^ in case you are still wondering about why i asked well whites are always talking condescendingly to Africans/Blacks.that's what you have been doing here from day one. grin grin.
do you consider yourself African? grin grin

You the one who brought skin colour in to this. Not us. At no point have we ever claimed nigeria or any countries milltary sucked because there solders where black. And yes iam african.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:00am On Jan 14, 2013
I AM VERY SAD AS AN AFRICAN TO WRITE THIS OBSERVATION..... IT IS A BIG SHAME THAT A SOUTH AFRICAN MAN WITH USERNAME SYNDERGP HAS CONTINUED TO USE INSULTING, RUDE, AND DIRTY LANGUAGE TO ATTACK PEOPLE ON THIS WEBSITE JUST BECAUSE OF AN ARGUEMENT OVER AFRICAN MILITARY RANKING OF NATIONS. THE MAN USERNAME SYNDERGP ON THIS WEBSITE IS A TOTAL DISGRACE TO ALL SOUTH AFRICANS. WHAT A SHAME AND DISGRACE, SO IS THIS THE TYPE OF BLACK PEOPLE THEY HAVE AS SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS ? NO WONDER THE WHITE MAN DECIDED TO REDUCE THEM ALL TO SLAVE STATUS UNTIL OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES CAME TO RESCUE THEM FROM CAPTIVITY, WHAT A SHAME SYNDERGP HAS BROUGHT ON ALL SOUTH AFRICANS, AND HE IS VERY HAPPY DOING THIS DISGRACEFUL DIRTY LANGUAGE POSTS !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:27am On Jan 14, 2013
agaugust: I AM VERY SAD AS AN AFRICAN TO WRITE THIS OBSERVATION..... IT IS A BIG SHAME THAT A SOUTH AFRICAN MAN WITH USERNAME SYNDERGP HAS CONTINUED TO USE INSULTING, RUDE, AND DIRTY LANGUAGE TO ATTACK PEOPLE ON THIS WEBSITE JUST BECAUSE OF AN ARGUEMENT OVER AFRICAN MILITARY RANKING OF NATIONS. THE MAN USERNAME SYNDERGP ON THIS WEBSITE IS A TOTAL DISGRACE TO ALL SOUTH AFRICANS. WHAT A SHAME AND DISGRACE, SO IS THIS THE TYPE OF BLACK PEOPLE THEY HAVE AS SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS ? NO WONDER THE WHITE MAN DECIDED TO REDUCE THEM ALL TO SLAVE STATUS UNTIL OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES CAME TO RESCUE THEM FROM CAPTIVITY, WHAT A SHAME SYNDERGP HAS BROUGHT ON ALL SOUTH AFRICANS, AND HE IS VERY HAPPY DOING THIS DISGRACEFUL DIRTY LANGUAGE POSTS !
they r bleeped up ,dont mind them should I add they are xenophobic
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:42am On Jan 14, 2013
This is what a fellow Naija posted on NL;

Harjibode: Here is some valid information due to
recent estimations and studies.
1. South Africa: South Africa (South Africa
has the most powerful army in Africa; it
has more harmful weapons than any
other country in Africa; it is the only
African country that was trying to create
the Nuclear weapon but was stopped by
the US. The South African National
Defence Force (SANDF) this includes:
South African Army, South African Navy,
South African Air Force and South African
Military Health Service. South Africa has
recently lower their budge on army from
$7.21 billion 2003 to nearly $4 billion
2011. Trained by Israeli, and British,
South African solders are more armed
and more trained than any other
country's soldiers.
2. Egypt: According to recent study, Egypt
is considered to be the second most
powerful country in Africa. For many
years Egypt has been the first strongest
country in the continent of Africa. With
number of troops exceed that of South
Africa, and more suppliers from countries
such as United States, Russia, France,
China, Italy and United Kingdom, political
instability has made an affect to Egyptian
Armed Forces. This includes Egyptian
Army, Egyptian Navy, Egyptian Air Force
and Egyptian Air Defense Command.
Egypt has increased their Armed Forces
budget from $3.9 billion to $5.85 billion
within the last five years.
3. Libya:
4. Morocco:
5. Nigeria: Nigeria has the second largest
army by number of troops, but due to
political instability and lack of equipment
Nigeria has appear to be the 5th
strongest country in Africa. It has been
estimated that in year 2013-2018 Nigeria
may get weaker.
6. Tanzania: Tanzania has the most
powerful army in East Africa; The
Tanzania Peoples' Defence Force (TPDF)
(Swahili: Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania
(JWTZ) the one defeated Idi Amin of
Uganda with big help form Muammar Al-
Gaddafi of Libya and . The Palestine
Liberation Organization (PLO) The
Tanzania People' Defence Force includes
Land Forces Command, Naval Command,
Air Force Command, and Military
Intelligence. Julius Kambarage Nyerere
(The first Tanzania's President) prepared
president Laurent Desire Kabila of DR
Congo to take over the powerful Mobutu
Sese Seko Nkuku Ngbendu WA Zabanga;
also prepared his son Joseph Kabila.
Tanzania has trained Congolese solders
in Tabora and Kigoma region for Kabila
to return in Congo and take over power.
Both Kabilas father and son were
schooled and lived most of their lives in
Tanzania before returning to Congo.
Tanzania Also prepared Yoweri Kaguta
Museveni who also schooled and lived in
Tanzania before the Tanzania and
Uganda war that resulted in defeating
Dictator Idi Amin. Most Uganda leader got
help from Tanzania before becoming
leaders. This includes: Tito Lutwa Okello,
Yusuf Kironde Lule, and Bazilio Olara-
Okello. Recently, Tanzania did not want to
send his solders in Somalia but offer
training to Somali solders who will soon
return to protect their country. Tanzania
sent 924 soldiers to lead the African
Union Solders in Comoros's Island to take
Colonel Mohamed Bacar of Anjouan off
power. Tanzania has the 3rd largest army
in number troops after Ethiopia, and
Eritrea, and recently considered the
second in equipment after Kenya, but
with more well trained troops. The recent
estimation shows that Tanzania is the
country in East-Africa followed by
Ethiopia.
7. Ethiopia: Ethiopia once was considered
the strongest country in East Africa. After
continues civil war Ethiopia has gotten
weaker. Ethiopia is still has the largest
army by number of troops followed by
Eritrea and Tanzania, and the 3rd in
equipment after Kenya and Tanzania.
2011 Estimation shows, Ethiopia is
spending 2.4% of its GDP in military. This
includes: Ethiopia Army and Ethiopia Air
Force.
8. Ghana:
9. Kenya: Kenya is the second strongest
Nation in East Africa Economically after
Ethiopia; it is the first in East African
Community followed by Tanzania and
Uganda. In 1981 Kenya was consider to
be the 4th strongest nation in East Africa
after Tanzania, Ethiopia, and Somalia. In
1994 Kenya was considered the 3rd
strongest country in East Africa after
Somalia and Uganda having both
economic and political instability caused
by war and dictatorship. The estimation
indicates that Kenya will get even
stronger within next 5-10 years. Kenya
has the higher army budget in East Africa
followed by Ethiopia. 2012 estimation
shows Kenya is using 5.3% of its GDP in
military. This includes: Kenya Army, Kenya
Navy and Kenya Air Force.
10. Uganda:
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 14, 2013
I have seen people listing Ghana here and here can someone give me their credentials.thanks
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:47am On Jan 14, 2013
Ghana's military is not in africa's top ten, due to old weaponry and too few heavy equipment, also a shortage of manpower with too few soldiers for action. the only thing they have is the british army doctrine and i admit that is very good, their officer cadre in Ghana is world class and their training at infantry level is as good as nigeria , south africa, and egypt. they only lack heavy equipment for the army, navy and airforce of Ghana. thay have discovered crude oil and now make about $1 billion a year so i expect them to acquire new heavy weapons that will befit their former glory as a strong african power in the 1960's.

A nigerian is said to have posted a ranking that put south africa as number 1 rank, well it is for the public to judge him because the same man put libya at number 3 in africa and it shows his ranking is technically faulty becasue he does not have sufficient military knowledge, libya is a military zero as at today, and even when they were strong in the 1980's ordinary chad republic was over-runing their forward air force base in chadian territory and capturing their russian made Tu-22 strategic bombers and their SAM 6 missile batteries all intact and shipped to france for analysis of russian cold war weapons....very funny ? yes very funny ! and thats not all, the same nigerian ranked ghana above algeria, because ghana was in his top 10 and algeria was totally missing, so how does ghana use 6 MB339 and L-39 trainer/light ground attack jets to shoot down 220 algerian MIG 25, MIG 29, SU-24, and ultra modern SU-27 heavy air superiority jets which is in superior to american F-15 and F-18 ? and as at 2 years ago all the 6 ghana tiny jets have been grounded for lack of spare parts, how will they fly now ? some jokers write military rankings here...very funny, time to laugh....lol
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 14, 2013
agaugust: I AM VERY SAD AS AN AFRICAN TO WRITE THIS OBSERVATION..... IT IS A BIG SHAME THAT A SOUTH AFRICAN MAN WITH USERNAME SYNDERGP HAS CONTINUED TO USE INSULTING, RUDE, AND DIRTY LANGUAGE TO ATTACK PEOPLE ON THIS WEBSITE JUST BECAUSE OF AN ARGUEMENT OVER AFRICAN MILITARY RANKING OF NATIONS. THE MAN USERNAME SYNDERGP ON THIS WEBSITE IS A TOTAL DISGRACE TO ALL SOUTH AFRICANS. WHAT A SHAME AND DISGRACE, SO IS THIS THE TYPE OF BLACK PEOPLE THEY HAVE AS SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS ? NO WONDER THE WHITE MAN DECIDED TO REDUCE THEM ALL TO SLAVE STATUS UNTIL OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES CAME TO RESCUE THEM FROM CAPTIVITY, WHAT A SHAME SYNDERGP HAS BROUGHT ON ALL SOUTH AFRICANS, AND HE IS VERY HAPPY DOING THIS DISGRACEFUL DIRTY LANGUAGE POSTS !

U and ur patronizing sentiments....?

U call me rude when I say ur a fraud and a lier u come on a public forum telling us u have consulted and researched the militaries on the continent, BUT when someone who is currently active in the military call u a lier and a fraud u call us rude.

In some of ur posts it has been pointed out many false posts and made up stories.

The reason u like this I see is because most of u who here are internet military experts including YOUtongue

In many post we asked u to show us the proven hardware nigeria posses but u repeatedly post flaud "statements" from ur socalled experts who tell u that a nation with a BLUE WATER NAVY like SAN who has naval ships capable of taking out aircraft carriers and which ships are designed to intercept intercontinental balistic missiles are weaker then NN in all aspects yet u claim that they are experts who don't tell that NN is by all means a BROWN WATER NAVY who don't even have a single submarine or even the expertise to operate in deep water war conflicts.

Do ur research correct and stop the lies.

Go do ur research and visit credible deffense websites like Janes deffense weekly not wikipedia ameteur sites.

If calling u a fraud/ameteur/lier is RUDE then so be it. If u want people to take u seriously u should speak truth to power and not biast lies devoid of any logic, not all of us are uneducated fools here who just take everything as truth.

There has also been instances where u also have been rude in ur posts. I know tht some of ur countryman don't take it kindly when a SA citizen call u bluff and this is also the other way around for us too. South Africans by nature black/white very direct people the same way nigerians are sometimes. If u want a formal discussion on this thread we can have one, but please be objective with ur posts.

SHOW US UR NATIONS HARDWARE NAVAL/AIRFORCE/INFANTRY and other units like AIR DEFFENSE
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: they r bleeped up ,dont mind them should I add they are xenophobic

U call us xenophobic yet there are more cameroonians and nigerians in SA(hillbrow/pretoria) than south africans in ur respective nations. There are more people from the continent in SA then in any other country in africa fact.

Stop diverting the issues here or do u want us south african also to list the number of wronges ur people are commiting fellow africans aswell.

This is not a country bashing session let us not stoop to such backward thinking againgrin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:29am On Jan 14, 2013
south african navy valour stealth frigates will take out an aircraft carrier ? is the navy admiral commanding the aircraft carrier a fisherman at sea to catch fishes? do you know the calibre of countries that operate aircraft carrier ? even south africa has no aircraft carrier. the admiral there is not a naval rating or petty officer. his aircraft carrier has a mini airforce on top of the deck and many missile tubes ready to fire SAM, SSM, anti ship torpedoes, anti-submarine helicopters, maybe even cruise missiles and ICBM's and sometimes nuclear missiles ! ...and he will be sitting on the water for a valour frigate to sink him ? and aircraft carriers never sail alone, they sail in fleet battle groups or naval task forces along with corvettes, frigates, destroyers, minesweepers and sometimes electronic counter measure vessels, and a valour frigate will sink that ? i dont know any record of modern warfare in which an aircraft carrier was sunk, they are the most expensive military weapons in the world today and can cost $3 billion to build one, so they dont have weak defenses, they are almost impossible to hit, check modern naval warfare history from vietnam war to gulf war.

this opens the new chapter i have kept in reserve, the above analysis i made is a proof that i am not an internet military analyst, i work as an african research support staff for a private military company in the USA, i have it, God gave me, you cannot take it away from me, i am who i am, and i know what i know.

i will post the few nigerian military photos available, they dont ever allow public access to their field operations and live weapon firing exercises, nigerian military is very secretive to even we nigerians, you cannot photograph them easily, they wont display unless it is a ceremony, and you never get their weapons movement videos, it is an old british tradition in the doctrine of nigerian military. so i will post the few photos available.

then i will open the next chapter to show who is an internet military analyst and who is in the circle of world's best military officers who served in the US and NATO operations, as a civilian researcher in their circle, i have that privilege and i will display it soon.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 14, 2013
agaugust: Ghana's military is not in africa's top ten, due to old weaponry and too few heavy equipment, also a shortage of manpower with too few soldiers for action. the only thing they have is the british army doctrine and i admit that is very good, their officer cadre in Ghana is world class and their training at infantry level is as good as nigeria , south africa, and egypt. they only lack heavy equipment for the army, navy and airforce of Ghana. thay have discovered crude oil and now make about $1 billion a year so i expect them to acquire new heavy weapons that will befit their former glory as a strong african power in the 1960's.

A nigerian is said to have posted a ranking that put south africa as number 1 rank, well it is for the public to judge him because the same man put libya at number 3 in africa and it shows his ranking is technically faulty becasue he does not have sufficient military knowledge, libya is a military zero as at today, and even when they were strong in the 1980's ordinary chad republic was over-runing their forward air force base in chadian territory and capturing their russian made Tu-22 strategic bombers and their SAM 6 missile batteries all intact and shipped to france for analysis of russian cold war weapons....very funny ? yes very funny ! and thats not all, the same nigerian ranked ghana above algeria, because ghana was in his top 10 and algeria was totally missing, so how does ghana use 6 MB339 and L-39 trainer/light ground attack jets to shoot down 220 algerian MIG 25, MIG 29, SU-24, and ultra modern SU-27 heavy air superiority jets which is in superior to american F-15 and F-18 ? and as at 2 years ago all the 6 ghana tiny jets have been grounded for lack of spare parts, how will they fly now ? some jokers write military rankings here...very funny, time to laugh....lol

My friend once again the F-18 is a ground support aircraft and not a true fighter jet like the SU-27 are. Another thing SU-27 lacks in the radar department compared to the ageing F-18
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 14, 2013
agaugust: south african navy valour stealth frigates will take out an aircraft carrier ? is the navy admiral commanding the aircraft carrier a fisherman at sea to catch fishes? do you know the calibre of countries that operate aircraft carrier ? even south africa has no aircraft carrier. the admiral there is not a naval rating or petty officer. his aircraft carrier has a mini airforce on top of the deck and many missile tubes ready to fire SAM, SSM, anti ship torpedoes, anti-submarine helicopters, maybe even cruise missiles and ICBM's and sometimes nuclear missiles ! ...and he will be sitting on the water for a valour frigate to sink him ? and aircraft carriers never sail alone, they sail in fleet battle groups or naval task forces along with corvettes, frigates, destroyers, minesweepers and sometimes electronic counter measure vessels, and a valour frigate will sink that ? i dont know any record of modern warfare in which an aircraft carrier was sunk, they are the most expensive military weapons in the world today and can cost $3 billion to build one, so they dont have weak defenses, they are almost impossible to hit, check modern naval warfare history from vietnam war to gulf war.

this opens the new chapter i have kept in reserve, the above analysis i made is a proof that i am not an internet military analyst, i work as an african research support staff for a private military company in the USA, i have it, God gave me, you cannot take it away from me, i am who i am, and i know what i know.

i will post the few nigerian military photos available, they dont ever allow public access to their field operations and live weapon firing exercises, nigerian military is very secretive to even we nigerians, you cannot photograph them easily, they wont display unless it is a ceremony, and you never get their weapons movement videos, it is an old british tradition in the doctrine of nigerian military. so i will post the few photos available.

then i will open the next chapter to show who is an internet military analyst and who is in the circle of world's best military officers who served in the US and NATO operations, as a civilian researcher in their circle, i have that privilege and i will display it soon.

It seems u once again doing selective reading.

It took one SAN sub in last years naval war games to take out 3 NATO destroyers and mind u the sub used SA homegrown tech.

The same Valour class which 4 more are still in the pipeline cannot be picked up or traced by radar cover only by EWC. The same ships that are build and equiped to counter air assaults mainly balistic attacks and are also capable of launching balistic missiles.

Most of the world are moving away from large slow high maintaince warships because of the cost factors and this includes the US Navy.

We cannot compare the US navy to SAN because they outnumber us 10 to 1 fact not to mention budgets, but SAN's fleet and weapons systems are up there with the best including the US.

It also seems that people don't realize that the region SA,Egypt and Nigeria finds itself are totally different and that SA currently has no regional enemies or global unlike Egypt whose forces are technically still at war in that region.

SAN has a much larger sea terrotary unlike NN who's main focus is piracy and shipping route protection mainly inland so our military needs largly differs.

Another thing SA goverment policy is not show external force capabilities because of SADF's previous bad history bt is focussed mainly on the deterent factor, even this is slowly changing as economic factors increasingly demands us to play a more strategic regional role but budgetary constrains limits this.

There has been requests to increase the budget by atleast 1,5% in the next financial 3 periods.

Lastly a nation that doesn't invest in research in weapons developement will have more problems in war times then a country that does and this has been proven since time in memorial.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
snydergp:

U call us xenophobic yet there are more cameroonians and nigerians in SA(hillbrow/pretoria) than south africans in ur respective nations. There are more people from the continent in SA then in any other country in africa fact.

Stop diverting the issues here or do u want us south african also to list the number of wronges ur people are commiting fellow africans aswell.

This is not a country bashing session let us not stoop to such backward thinking againgrin
there are more naijans in cameroon than in any other nation,more Chadian more centrafricainyet we don't burn them alive.you guys are not the first nor the last to receive immigrants lol
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: there are more naijans in cameroon than in any other nation,more Chadian more centrafricainyet we don't burn them alive.you guys are not the first nor the last to receive immigrants lol

I'm not even gonna entertain ur naïve foolishness because if u truelly knew the causes of what happend an the fact that even SA citizen died and that no west african were even injured.

My assesment of u and ur comments here shows u have nothing constructive to post here but u want us to divert the topic to a nation bashing session.

I know 3 cameroonians here in SA 1 owns a small restuarant here and from what they told me abt ur country's current state of human rights record and ur nations state of developement ur country is in a not so good state I would strongly advice u to stick to the topic because Cameroon or should I say that French outpost is in no state to speak abt foreign countries.

Let's just keep it civilized before I get accused of having bad mannersgrin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2013
snydergp:

I'm not even gonna entertain ur naïve foolishness because if u truelly knew the causes of what happend an the fact that even SA citizen died and that no west african were even injured.

My assesment of u and ur comments here shows u have nothing constructive to post here but u want us to divert the topic to a nation bashing session.

I know 3 cameroonians here in SA 1 owns a small restuarant here and from what they told me abt ur country's current state of human rights record and ur nations state of developement ur country is in a not so good state I would strongly advice u to stick to the topic because Cameroon or should I say that French outpost is in no state to speak abt foreign countries.

Let's just keep it civilized before I get accused of having bad mannersgrin
,your comments here are redundant true talk you keep saying the same stuff,how your navy is great from pages 5 to this pages you guys are saying the same thing what are you expecting? You want to hear you are superior?lol
Look at who is talking about human rights ,wonder shall never end nikka check again you aint ranked that high.
The entire world acknowledged your savagery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 216
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.