Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,847 members, 7,862,770 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:51 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4466645 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 16, 2013
^^nope it's alright
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 16, 2013
Sybellah: ^^nope it's alright
is it a military academy?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by pleep(m): 11:44pm On May 16, 2013
The ivory coast army is blacker than a trillion midnights.... undecided

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 12:12am On May 17, 2013
Sybellah: dunno much about military but my small contribution tongue
Ivory Coast

Military

Police

Gendarmerie

Male

Female
[img]http://www.interpol.int/var/interpol/storage/images/media/images/member-countries/africa/c%C3%B4te-d'ivoire/c%C3%B4te-d'ivoire/photo-principale/101792-1-eng-GB/PHOTO-PRINCIPALE.jpg;pvde6fb446e645840f[/img]

Military school from grade 6 to 12
[img]http://www.formation.gouv.ci/fichier/1363345436DSC_411214.jpg[/img]

Female gendarmerie

The ladies are looking good there.

Is military school for kids who want to be soldiers?

I don't think they are allowed to sign up at that age (?)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 12:19am On May 17, 2013
Please post some more stuff from Ivory Coast @Sybellah, when you find it. Even if it's just news about what you guys are busy doing...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 12:32am On May 17, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by LTSHANGY: 1:00am On May 17, 2013
andrewza:

And only 14 South Africans died. Where over 500 rebels where killed
I think the casualty rate was downplayed by the SA govt.. A reporter counted more than 50 bags being loaded on a plane.. Just to save face
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 1:05am On May 17, 2013
LT SHANGY:
I think the casualty rate was downplayed by the SA govt.. A reporter counted more than 50 bags being loaded on a plane.. Just to save face

Dude - it's fine, really. Ok - the casualty rate was downplayed. We admit, if that helps. We lied. More than 100 South African soldiers were killed.

Do you have any interesting videos, news clipping, or anything informative to post?

The thread is dying.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:17am On May 17, 2013
pleep: The ivory coast army is blacker than a trillion midnights.... undecided

are you black white or mixed ? you live in france ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:21am On May 17, 2013
LT SHANGY:

i have reasons to believe you, we got posts weblink sources that say it. welcome to this thread. are you ivorien ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 1:31am On May 17, 2013
agaugust:

i have reasons to believe you, we got posts weblink sources that say it. welcome to this thread. are you ivorien ?

@Agaugust - cool.

Tell me. You do a lot of research, you say. The Nigeria vs SA thing has been beaten to death. Anything interesting about other African countries? Latest military trends? Anything?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 1:39am On May 17, 2013
Biggest changes in military spending 2010-2011.

Zimbabwe shocked

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 1:40am On May 17, 2013
Africa's place under the sun.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 1:44am On May 17, 2013
Coup attempts in Africa, between 1990 and 2012.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by pleep(m): 1:45am On May 17, 2013
^ lol sad
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by pleep(m): 1:46am On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

TIA - This Is Africa grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:07am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: is it a military academy?

military grade/high school, when they get 18 they can choose to continue or not
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:09am On May 17, 2013
pleep: The ivory coast army is blacker than a trillion midnights.... undecided

it's camouflage on their face undecided

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:11am On May 17, 2013
sithwell: Coup attempts in Africa, between 1990 and 2012.
may God help us all
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:13am On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

yea it is, they get trained and later decide if they want to continue or quit (after 18)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:17am On May 17, 2013
Sybellah:

yea it is, they get trained and later decide if they want to continue or quit (after 18)
nice initiative, but I don't get, is it mandatory or parents are free to register their children, also how is the attendance? Do people really like it and attend such schools? Because I know children don't like strict rules
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:20am On May 17, 2013
Military spending in Africa. 2006-2010 (Don't have latest figures).

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:23am On May 17, 2013
Military spending in Africa (against GDP) - 2006-2009

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:23am On May 17, 2013
sithwell: Please post some more stuff from Ivory Coast @Sybellah, when you find it. Even if it's just news about what you guys are busy doing...

kk these r some few pics

[img]http://ivoire.telediaspora.net/portail/portail/photo/image/mi24-2[1].jpg[/img]

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-rxnc6bgc1c4/TW4-_L-a_MI/AAAAAAAAAeU/XhGWtXTkZyc/s1600/MiG-23MLD+Flogger-K++TU-VCH+%252B+TU-VC.++++Yamoussoukro+AB+++++2005.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.rnw.nl/data/files/imagecache/must_carry/images/lead/article/2011/03/ivory_coast_weapons.jpg[/img]

i hope the pics r helpful smiley

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:29am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: nice initiative, but I don't get, is it mandatory or parents are free to register their children, also how is the attendance? Do people really like it and attend such schools? Because I know children don't like strict rules

Oh, but the little rascals needs all the strict rules they can get! grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:36am On May 17, 2013
Sybellah:

kk these r some few pics.

i hope the pics r helpful smiley

Your pictures are cooler than most. That's some serious damage there! Do you know who did the nasty damage on these vehicles? (the damaged ones) wink
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:39am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: nice initiative, but I don't get, is it mandatory or parents are free to register their children, also how is the attendance? Do people really like it and attend such schools? Because I know children don't like strict rules

it's not mandatory, people r free to send their kids there or not,
it's a very good school as well, very competitive, not everybody can get in, before grade 7, the kids have to pass an exam and get outstanding marks in order to be in, they also have to maintain a certain average in order not to be kicked out...their main areas of studying Chemistry, physics, Mathematics, IT, mechanical, electrical engineering mainly to become military engineers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:41am On May 17, 2013
They finally derail this thread to the happiness of some South Africans. It is Okay. But, the topic is about who has the strongest military in Africa, which, Nigeria is. Being the giant of Africa is not for a joke that is to our military capacity to combat.

Go Nigerian military! You are truly the strongest for a very long time to come.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:41am On May 17, 2013
How South Africa's reduced its military budget, over the years (Percentage of GDP figures).

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:43am On May 17, 2013
all4naija: They finally derail this thread to the happiness of some South Africans. It is Okay. But, the topic is about who has the strongest military in Africa, which, Nigeria is. Being the giant of Africa is not for a joke that is to our military capacity to combat.

Go Nigerian military! You are truly the strongest for a very long time to come.

We didn't derail it. We just want to discuss other nations, too. It's fine, if that's where you want to conclude things. No problem with your conclusion. Enough time and pages have been spent on South Africa and Nigeria comparisons.

It's become boring.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:46am On May 17, 2013
pleep: TIA - This Is Africa grin

Hehehe - But I think it's great that military discipline is instilled in kids, provided they don't have to be soldiers. Wonder how Ivory coast ranks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:47am On May 17, 2013
We budgeted $3.7 billion for 2012, which was ahead of SA $3.5 billion.

Go Nigeria!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.