Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,821 members, 7,862,711 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:59 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4466487 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:47am On May 17, 2013
sithwell: Military spending in Africa. 2006-2010 (Don't have latest figures).

see money cry embarassed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:48am On May 17, 2013
all4naija: We budgeted $3.7 billion for 2012, which was ahead of SA $3.5 billion.

Go Nigeria!

Sure.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:48am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: see money cry embarassed

How do you mean?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:49am On May 17, 2013
Sybellah:

it's not mandatory, people r free to send their kids there or not,
it's a very good school as well, very competitive, not everybody can get in, before grade 7, the kids have to pass an exam and get outstanding marks in order to be in, they also have to maintain a certain average in order not to be kicked out...their main areas of studying Chemistry, physics, Mathematics, IT, mechanical, electrical engineering mainly to become military engineers.
. Do they learn how to shoot and make bombs?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:50am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: . Do they learn how to shoot and make bombs?

yes they do
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:51am On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

Sure.
For agreeing to that we are now good friends. We are no longer enemies struggling for power and first position for military might.

Now, what are the latest weaponry procured by SA military recently? I am not talking about homemade, I mean those from foreign developed nations.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:51am On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

How do you mean?
chad and Senegal should feed themselves first, esp Senegal, I don't get why they spend so much on military stuffs
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:53am On May 17, 2013
Sybellah:

yes they do
. Jeez they must b turbulent when they come go back to their homes lipsrsealed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 2:56am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: chad and Senegal should feed themselves first, esp Senegal, I don't get why they spend so much on military stuffs

True - those are some high figures against their GDPs.

I saw a report (have forgotten where), talking about Chad now emerging as an influential player, with France having decided to slow down on its role as African policeman. Whether this is useful or necessary for Chad, I am not so sure. But coming out strong, they seem to be.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:59am On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

I saw a report (have forgotten where), talking about Chad now emerging as an influential player, with France having decided to slow down on its role as African policeman. Whether this is useful or necessary for Chad, I am not so sure. But coming out strong, they seem to be.
Chad cannot provide funding for a huge military looking at its meager budget. It is good to know that is one of the reasons its restive youths are now turning into insurgents crossing our borders to cause harm.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:00am On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

Your pictures are cooler than most. That's some serious damage there! Do you know who did the nasty damage on these vehicles? (the damaged ones) wink

lool umh umh no i dont, maybe the rebels, france, UN, all em?...anyway they associated to bomb the army and install their desired person
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:01am On May 17, 2013
all4naija: For agreeing to that we are now good friends. We are no longer enemies struggling for power and first position for military might.

Now, what are the latest weaponry procured by SA military recently? I am not talking about homemade, I mean those from foreign developed nations.

I did not agree. But if that's how you want to view it. It's fine, really. I think the discussions are getting healthier. So, if you want to carry on with Nigeria's story of gianthood, go ahead. But you'll have to do without me, right now.

I'm finding it more enlightening learning about the other African nations, at this point. Thinking about it, this is why I joined the forum.

Maybe tomorrow?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:02am On May 17, 2013
all4naija: Chad cannot provide funding for a huge military looking at its meager budget. It is good to know that is one of the reasons its restive youths are now turning into insurgents crossing our borders to cause harm.

Ok - All4naija.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:05am On May 17, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:09am On May 17, 2013
Sybellah:

kk these r some few pics

i think these are ivory coast airforce jet fighters destroyed on ground by france's air force in retaliation for ivorien air attack on french peace keeping troops killing them duringb the gbagbo presidency crisis
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:09am On May 17, 2013
Sybellah:

lool umh umh no i dont, maybe the rebels, france, UN, all em?...anyway they associated to bomb the army and install their desired person

Don't they always...?!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:12am On May 17, 2013
Nigeria, the GIANT of Africa, has the strongest military in the black race!

Up Naija! Good People, Great Nation.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:12am On May 17, 2013

nigerian army....

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:13am On May 17, 2013
CFCfan: Nigeria, the GIANT of Africa, has the strongest military in the black race!

you are right . welcome on board.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:13am On May 17, 2013
agaugust: nigerian army....

That's what I'm talking about. The US marines are no match for Naija brute force.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:13am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: . Jeez they must b turbulent when they come go back to their homes lipsrsealed

grin grin grin

Or they could me in real control of their emotions.

Either way, school is not a joke for them!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:15am On May 17, 2013
agaugust: nigerian army....

cool I'm naming this photo "Posing Naijas"

Are they training?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:16am On May 17, 2013
CFCfan: Nigeria, the GIANT of Africa, has the strongest military in the black race!

Good for you, my brother.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:17am On May 17, 2013
agaugust:

i think these are ivory coast airforce jet fighters destroyed on ground by france's air force in retaliation for ivorien air attack on french peace keeping troops killing them duringb the gbagbo presidency crisis

yea this pic was in 2004-2005
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:17am On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

Good for you, my brother.
That's how I see it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:19am On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

your south african air force officer named @fighter pilot, seems to be tactically avoiding me on this forum. i very much hoped to discuss with him here with regard to several african countries on top of military rankings one by one, so we can give information to readers...but he is avoiding me...why ?

[size=16pt]nigerian girls of war[/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:21am On May 17, 2013
sithwell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxdsXNdjLto

No words.
lmfao, they should have killed the monkey
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:24am On May 17, 2013
agaugust:

i wanted him so badly

[/size]

You shouldn't use this words when you're talking about another man. Please rephrase grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:25am On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

it is stupid, they need more social amenities than bullets, I'm tired of them and their refugees, same with CAR.

As for Senegal, I don't see the point of all that do they have something threatening them?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:26am On May 17, 2013
Heard ouattara bought some new weapons? Esp tanks and others vehicles
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 3:28am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: lmfao, they should have killed the monkey

They shouldn't have given the gun to the monkey in the first place - wonder what language they're speaking.

@Cameroonpride - when are you going to post stuff about your own military?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:29am On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

You shouldn't use this words when you're talking about another man. Please rephrase grin

thanks its rephrased.

Ghana is buying weapons seriously....new found oil wealth needs protection. nigeria with its mineral riches needs a powerful military to avoid becoming like congo DRC where every man with a gun goes to steal diamonds. kuwait was invaded by saddam for its oil wealth.

cameroon is buying weapons seriously...many new arms on order. fear of piracy in gulf of guinea and islamic terrorists invading west/central africa from the sahara desert.

nigerian soldiers training...

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.