Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,165 members, 7,842,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4455329 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:28am On Jul 08, 2014
SANDF

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:30am On Jul 08, 2014
SANDF

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:36am On Jul 08, 2014
Em...eh, Mister THIZA my good friend, well...em, you can be my good friend if you give me the GSM phone numbers of those 3 SANDF girls in the photo above. I just want to be 'nice' to them. You know SA guys are crappy, NIG guys are hot and in demand. Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:39am On Jul 08, 2014
agaugust:

DENEL laboratory gun is NOT in South African army arsenal.

The final conclusion for your own case is from the authority of South African army chief of staff himself.

The longest range artillery shell in South African army is 38 km.

http://www.army.mil.za/equipment/weaponsystems/artillery/GV6_115mm_MK1_Gun_Howitzer_Propelled.htm

CASE CLOSED tongue shocked cheesy grin

So I can't army guide as my source?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:43am On Jul 08, 2014
Thiza: PROUDLY LEADING AFRICA

How is SANDF proudly leading Africa?

Nigerian navy masterminded the long range detection and arrest of pirates in Angolan waters at your backyard, in your SADC region.

SANDF ran away from C.A.R nation in their hour of war, the whole world called you cowards.

SANDF is under the command and leadership of TANZANIAN ARMY in UN force Congo DRC.

Tell us how SANDF is leading Africa. LOL.....Nation of cowards....South Africa

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kwametut: 9:43am On Jul 08, 2014
BEAUTIFUL KILLING MACHINES OF AZANIA/ SOUTH AFRICA THE RAINBOW NATION I SALUTE. Thanx soldiers....Our miners far better than Naaigayrian police,traffics,nurse,teacher,soldiers etc...SA U ROCK. FACT.

Thiza: SANDF
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kwametut: 9:45am On Jul 08, 2014
SANDF Keep showing em our DEADLY GADGETS, modern warfare isn't about MAN MUSCLE but TECHNOLOGY.

If SANDF was to go to with Naaigayria with LEAVE WIDOWS the. As Zulu would say "Kosala abafelo kazi". excuse my Zulu. Am off
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kwametut: 9:48am On Jul 08, 2014
Agaust your JOKES ARE LAME AND OLD. Seleka of 2013, how about the current Boko Haram

agaugust:

How is SANDF proudly leading Africa?

Nigerian navy masterminded the long range detection and arrest of pirates in Angolan waters at your backyard, in your SADC region.

SANDF ran away from C.A.R nation in their hour of war, the whole world called you cowards.

SANDF is under the command and leadership of TANZANIAN ARMY in UN force Congo DRC.

Tell us how SANDF is leading Africa. LOL.....Nation of cowards....South Africa

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:48am On Jul 08, 2014
@AUGUSTUS SEND ME PICS OF NIGERIAN MILITARY WOMEN

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:52am On Jul 08, 2014
SANDF WOMEN

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:55am On Jul 08, 2014
SOUTH AFRICAN SPECIAL FORCES

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2014
Poor women and girls would rather risk their lives by escaping on their own other than waiting in vain for their rescue from weak Nigerian Army.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/07/nigeria-officials-say-63-girls-and-women-escape-boko-haram-captivity/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:05am On Jul 08, 2014
MikeZA: You wanna bring up heavy machine guns?. The DShK is an anti-craft gun though use it in a ground. The Soviet made SANDF KPV has an effective firing range of 3km,while the DshK has an effective firing range of 2km. Also the M6 60mm mortar has a range of 6Km. If you're gonna bring up vehicle mounted systems. You'll make me posts the 4km range Brandt 60mm mortar. The Scorpion vehicle mounted automatic mortar. The Zumlac.

Why not ? You guys have been posting machine guns as infantry weapons of South Africa, so why won't I post for Nigeria too?

Dude, you know I am not the kind of guy you can dribble around on military stuff.

Nigerian Dshk gun according to the website is primary Russian army infantry machine gun, not built as anti-aircraft gun, any machine gun can do some anti-aircraft role. Same way 76mm main gun on ships have anti-aircraft role does not change the fact that they are built as surface to surface guns. Real soviet anti-aircraft guns start calibre from 14.5mm and above, the Dshk is 12.7mm only.

Like I said, I am not a mumu that you can dribble, effective range of SANDF 12.7mm Browning machine gun is 2 km, while effective range of Nigerian army 12.7mm Dshk is 3.5 km.

I just proved to you that all the noise you make about range on this forum is thrash, Nigerian military weapons have superior range over all South African weapons.

Don't waste your time bringing up 60mm mortars, Nigeria produces them locally in large numbers at DICON and our army has shown them in photos of NE war zone.

I just proved to you that Nigerian army is superior in ALL weapon firepower aspects over the head of South African army.

You guys are just a bunch of poorly informed noise makers who cannot analyse the real technical capabilities of their own country's weapons, talk less of analysing another country's own. Mumus grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:08am On Jul 08, 2014
MikeZA: So I can't army guide as my source?

South African Army Official Website is superior to Army Guide, as SANDF stands as FINAL authority on it's own weapons. CASE CLOSED shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:17am On Jul 08, 2014
Thiza: @AUGUSTUS SEND ME PICS OF NIGERIAN MILITARY WOMEN

All South African army women have ZERO war experience, Nigerian army women are busy in combat on battle fields.

SANDF women are at home browsing facebook on their mobile phones grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:21am On Jul 08, 2014
Hot Naija military girls...

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:25am On Jul 08, 2014
The most beautiful soldier woman in Africa is this Nigerian army babe..

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:21am On Jul 08, 2014
agaugust:

Army Guide website said Nigeria has Bofors FH-77 B0 L52, so how does their website data become my own making? If you know better than them, send them letter of correction from your South Africa prison yard.

Patrick, you are permanently stuck in Guateng province of South Africa, you are NOT in any Seoul South Korea. Augustine is in one of the 50 states of America.

Enjoy your crime infested world

Only 2 FH77 B05 L52 ever made

The now BAE Systems Bofors has upgraded two examples of the FH-77B 39 calibre with a 155 mm/52 calibre ordnance and this is designated the FH-77 B05 L52
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product4673.html

The FH77 B05 L52 is not in service with any single nation in the world - the guns are currently rusting in India
http://www.asian-defence.net/2010/08/bae-systems-bids-for-indian-armys-155mm.html

all that egg on your face... you should make an omlette

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:39am On Jul 08, 2014
agaugust:

Ah ! That military today Otomat Mk 2 on NNS Aradu is really driving the whole South African nation C.raaaaaaazy !

Naija guys una wicked grin grin

We have over 10 sources that say aradu has Mk1

You dont convinve anyone of anything.

Keep shouting and screaming about Mk1... you only humiliate yourself and undermine your standing on this forum.

Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:40am On Jul 08, 2014
patches689:

Only 2 FH77 B05 L52 ever made

The now BAE Systems Bofors has upgraded two examples of the FH-77B 39 calibre with a 155 mm/52 calibre ordnance and this is designated the FH-77 B05 L52
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product4673.html

The FH77 B05 L52 is not in service with any single nation in the world - the guns are currently rusting in India
http://www.asian-defence.net/2010/08/bae-systems-bids-for-indian-armys-155mm.html

all that egg on your face... you should make an omlette

I don't care about long names again, Nigeria has 48 units Bofors FH-77B proved by SIPRI and proved by Indian army video to have range 43km

SORRY THIS CASE HAS BEEN CLOSED tongue tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaK1jFg8JBE

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:41am On Jul 08, 2014
agaugust:

Show us photos of all navy warships in the world at sea this year 2014 so we can prove that all of them are operational

All we want is one photo of aradu... taken from 2012 onwards... to show that it is operational.

Or one source from 2012 onwards that says it is operational.

Dont come here with childish requests. Prove what you are saying or stop saying it.

Aradu is not operational - confirmed by beegeagleugug

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:43am On Jul 08, 2014
agaugust:

Video demonstration and information narration by a technically competent officer in the army that uses a weapon is the best source in the world, it beats all internet websites run by civilians who do not use those weapons. Indian army has FINALLY closed this argument by saying that
Bofors FH-77B has range of 43 km.

Nigeria has 73 units of the superb Bofors FH-77 artillery.

25 units FH-77A version with range 22 km

48 units FH-77B version with range 43 km

CASE CLOSED

No, it proves nothing.

1 source says X

10 sources say Y

The people that make the gun say Y

Who is right? the one or the ten? The manufacturer or the man speaking into a microphone at a PR stunt?

I seriously doubt you have a tertiary education.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:45am On Jul 08, 2014
agaugust:

I don't care about long names again, Nigeria has 48 units Bofors FH-77B proved by SIPRI and proved by Indian army video to have range 43km

Yet again, you base your whole argument on 1 source.

Every other source says you are wrong, yet you continue?

Have you no shame?

Again, you fail to realise, you dont have to convince yourself, you have to convince US and you are failing.

Multiple sources confirm FH-77B has limited range of only 30km with ultra-advanced HEER ammunition.

Take your propaganda video's elsewhere... they dont impress anyone.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:47am On Jul 08, 2014
agaugust: Em...eh, Mister THIZA my good friend, well...em, you can be my good friend if you give me the GSM phone numbers of those 3 SANDF girls in the photo above. I just want to be 'nice' to them. You know SA guys are crappy, NIG guys are hot and in demand. Thanks man.

Considering you are 40 years old and still single.

I can only conclude that while some NIG are in demand.

You are most certainly not.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:47am On Jul 08, 2014
agaugust:

South African Army Official Website is superior to Army Guide, as SANDF stands as FINAL authority on it's own weapons. CASE CLOSED shocked shocked

So you admit that Army Guide are wrong?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:57am On Jul 08, 2014
agaugust:

Why not ? You guys have been posting machine guns as infantry weapons of South Africa, so why won't I post for Nigeria too?

Dude, you know I am not the kind of guy you can dribble around on military stuff.

Nigerian Dshk gun according to the website is primary Russian army infantry machine gun, not built as anti-aircraft gun, any machine gun can do some anti-aircraft role. Same way 76mm main gun on ships have anti-aircraft role does not change the fact that they are built as surface to surface guns. Real soviet anti-aircraft guns start calibre from 14.5mm and above, the Dshk is 12.7mm only.

Like I said, I am not a mumu that you can dribble, effective range of SANDF 12.7mm Browning machine gun is 2 km, while effective range of Nigerian army 12.7mm Dshk is 3.5 km.

I just proved to you that all the noise you make about range on this forum is thrash, Nigerian military weapons have superior range over all South African weapons.

Don't waste your time bringing up 60mm mortars, Nigeria produces them locally in large numbers at DICON and our army has shown them in photos of NE war zone.

I just proved to you that Nigerian army is superior in ALL weapon firepower aspects over the head of South African army.

You guys are just a bunch of poorly informed noise makers who cannot analyse the real technical capabilities of their own country's weapons, talk less of analysing another country's own. Mumus grin grin

Nigeria has no knee mortars.

Nigeria has no AGL's or MGL's

Nigeria has no marksmen rifles

Nigeria has obsolete SAM, South Africa has one of the best SAMs in the world, the StarStreak

Nigeria has obsolete ATGM, South Africa has one of the best ATGM's in the world the Milan AD

Nigeria has obsolete Anti-Material Rifle, South Africa has one of the most advanced (and locally made) in the world
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denel_NTW-20

Which recorded one of the longest sniper kills in the world
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_recorded_sniper_kills

The effective firing range of the DShK is only 2km (LIAR) and has a max range of only 2,5km
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DShK

The effective firing range of the M2 is only 1.8km but it has a max range of 6.68km
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Browning

The Brownings effectiveness is proven by the fact that one of the worlds longest SNIPER KILLS was done with an M2 Browning MACHINE GUN in Veitnam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_recorded_sniper_kills

You also have obsolete equipment in all other areas.

You still need to show us that Nigeria actually has certain categories of equipment before you can try to tell us that you are better equipped

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
agaugust:

AUGUGBGUGUG YOU FVKING LIAR

The man in the video clearly says, "the gun has a maximum range of 21.1km and a maximum range of 42km AT HIGH ALTITUDE WITH CHARGE 9"

So yes, if you are firing your FH77B from the top of a mountain in the Himalaya's then it will get 42km. Otheriwise, its limited to 21.1km

Hahahah... killed by your own source

Lol, even your Indian army propaganda B.S kills you.

O god

My sides
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
SANDF

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 1:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
SANDF

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
SANDF

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
@AUGUSTUS.....SANDF ALSO DOES ITS TRAINING DURING WINTER SEASON WITH SNOW AS A COVER

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
SANDF

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.