Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,816 members, 7,813,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets (3446 Views)

Governor Obiano Orders Anambra Tailors To Produce Three Million Face Masks / Closure Of All Anambra State Land Boundaries / Peter Obi Storms Anambra Markets, Preaches “Rescue Nigeria” To Traders (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by naaija: 8:54am On Nov 04, 2017
Breaking News:

Traders reject calls to close markets for Obiano.

Information coming in indicates that Market Leaders in Anambra State have called all the traders in the state not to close their businesses and shops for any political rally today.

The market leaders under the umbrella body of Association of Anambra Traders said they are not politicians and would not allow anyone to use them for any political gain.

The traders association alleged that Obiano did not consult them before announcing the closure of the markets today.

They said, they will open their shops this morning and dare anyone to come and shut the markets.

AIF Media Forum learned that the market leaders met yesterday where they agreed to boycott Obiano's political endorsement rally slated to hold today at Onitsha. They believed that traders are free to vote whoever they prefer on November 18, but any form of affiliation and endorsement will not be accepted.

The markets leaders announced this morning that no market will be closed by anyone and urged the traders to disregard any contrary announcement by those they described as govt agents.

Recall that AIF Media Forum broke the news yesterday of the plans by Agu Awka to close all the markets in Anambra State today and force traders to an endorsement rally where Obiano will be announced as the choice of the traders.

One of the market leaders who spoke to AIF Media Forum this morning said, "We are going to our shops today. We met last night and agreed that we are not politicians and should not be dragged into politics as a body. Some persons collected money from the govt and announced the closure without consulting us, We will see how they will enforce it, and force all of us to the rally."

AIF Media Forum have deployed our reporters around the markets to bring updates on the likely melee.

https://m./539554826108956?view=permalink&id=1692618094135951

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Yyeske(m): 8:56am On Nov 04, 2017
Sauce, source saucer anyone can help but not any blog
Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by MXrap: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2017
IK Okpara(onehead) you run naaija.com blog for the purpose of spreading lies and propaganda. The long arm of the law shall get you soon.

[s]
naaija:
Breaking News:

Traders reject calls to close markets for Obiano.

Information coming in indicates that Market Leaders in Anambra State have called all the traders in the state not to close their businesses and shops for any political rally today.

The market leaders under the umbrella body of Association of Anambra Traders said they are not politicians and would not allow anyone to use them for any political gain.

The traders association alleged that Obiano did not consult them before announcing the closure of the markets today.

They said, they will open their shops this morning and dare anyone to come and shut the markets.

AIF Media Forum learned that the market leaders met yesterday where they agreed to boycott Obiano's political endorsement rally slated to hold today at Onitsha. They believed that traders are free to vote whoever they prefer on November 18, but any form of affiliation and endorsement will not be accepted.

The markets leaders announced this morning that no market will be closed by anyone and urged the traders to disregard any contrary announcement by those they described as govt agents.

Recall that AIF Media Forum broke the news yesterday of the plans by Agu Awka to close all the markets in Anambra State today and force traders to an endorsement rally where Obiano will be announced as the choice of the traders.

One of the market leaders who spoke to AIF Media Forum this morning said, "We are going to our shops today. We met last night and agreed that we are not politicians and should not be dragged into politics as a body. Some persons collected money from the govt and announced the closure without consulting us, We will see how they will enforce it, and force all of us to the rally."

AIF Media Forum have deployed our reporters around the markets to bring updates on the likely melee.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by BUHARIjubrin: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2017
MXrap:
IK Okpara(onehead) you run naaija.com blog for the purpose of spreading lies and propaganda. The long arm of the law shall get you soon.

[s][/s]

I think you should shut up and be abreast of the current information on ground.
It's not all about politics all the time. Obiano ordered all markets closed today without due consultation with the market union.

This is clear politics in display cos he's realizing the importance of Ojukwu only few days to the election.

I like the stance of the market unions. They should not be dragged into the dirty politics of Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by MXrap: 10:05am On Nov 04, 2017
Please go and play with sand, I don't have to respond to your unfounded lies and jargons.

[s]
BUHARIjubrin:

It's not all about politics all the time. Obiano ordered all markets closed today without due consultation with the market union.
This is clear politics in display cos he's realizing the importance of Ojukwu only few days to the election.
I like the stance of the market unions. They should not be dragged into the dirty politics of Nigeria.
[/s]
Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by BUHARIjubrin: 10:09am On Nov 04, 2017
MXrap:
Please go and play with sand, I don't have to respond to your unfounded lies and jargons.

[s][/s]

Stop exposing your ignorance. Listen to the radio or pick up the dailies.
Stop relying on NL for news updates.

6 Likes

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Yyeske(m): 10:12am On Nov 04, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:

Stop the lies and say what you know, if you reside in Onitsha, you should've known or heard that there was no order from the government and notices have been given to traders of different markets more than a week ago after due consultations between traders and market heads. If the traders didn't want it, they ought to have started any protest before now.
I heard about it since Tuesday and I'm not even a trader.

3 Likes

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by MXrap: 10:14am On Nov 04, 2017
I said you should go and play with sand. I don't engage clowns.

[s]
BUHARIjubrin:

Stop exposing your ignorance. Listen to the radio or pick up the dailies.
Stop relying on NL for news updates.
[/s]
Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Yyeske(m): 10:22am On Nov 04, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:

Stop spreading lies and say what you know, the government never ordered the closure of any market. There was due consultation between market heads and traders about Obiano's rally in Onitsha, they agreed to it amicably to close today for Obiano and the upcoming election. If they were aggrieved, why was there no protest about it since, the news has been everywhere since late last week even if I just heard about it last Tuesday when I'm not even a trader. If you were living in Onitsha, you ought to have heard about it since.
I never knew it would still hold and that was why I never brought it up here

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by BUHARIjubrin: 10:22am On Nov 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Stop the lies and say what you know, if you reside in Onitsha, you should've known or heard that there was no order from the government and notices have been given to traders of different markets more than a week ago after due consultations between traders and market heads. If the traders didn't want it, they ought to have started any protest before now.
I heard about it since Tuesday and I'm not even a trader.

Sorry I couldn't read any meaning out of what you wrote.
You said there was no order from the government concerning market closure at the same time said there was a consultation with the market union.. ...consultation over what exactly?

Mind you I reside in Onitsha and has an office in Kano street main market.

6 Likes

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Yyeske(m): 10:26am On Nov 04, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:

Sorry I couldn't read any meaning out of what you wrote.
You said there was no order from the government concerning market closure at the same time said there was a consultation with the market union.. ...consultation over what exactly?

Mind you I reside in Onitsha and has an office in Kano street main market.
Re-read my modified version, my phone shake head one kind.
If you reside in Onitsha with an office on Kano street and you didn't hear anything about the locking up of all markets today? Hmmm.

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by BUHARIjubrin: 10:28am On Nov 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Stop spreading lies and say what you know, the government never ordered the closure of any market. There was due consultation between market heads and traders about Obiano's rally in Onitsha, they agreed to it amicably to close today for Obiano and the upcoming election. If they were aggrieved, why was there no protest about it since, the news has been everywhere since late last week even if I just heard about it last Tuesday when I'm not even a trader. If you were living in Onitsha, you ought to have heard about it since.
I never knew it would still hold and that was why I never brought it up here

If you listened to the radio yesterday evening, there was an announcement by anambra market union leaders that included Main market, ochanja market, bridge head market, Relief market, Building materials intl market etc calling on traders to disregard the order from the governor.

And mind you it is not a rally per say but for the posthumous celebration of Ojukwu.

4 Likes

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by charliman2012: 10:28am On Nov 04, 2017
Peter Obi/Tony Nwoye agents in disguise. But they fail to understand that the Governor is still an incumbent. That's how they will cry after the election. UP APGA!!!!!!! Ikemba Nnewi will still be remembered whether Peter/Tony like it or not.

3 Likes

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Yyeske(m): 10:28am On Nov 04, 2017
MXrap:
I said you should go and play with sand. I don't engage clowns.

[s][/s]
Imagine someone telling me he has an office in main market and never heard of the closure today? Strange lies and propaganda these days

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by MXrap: 10:30am On Nov 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Imagine someone telling me he has an office in main market and never heard of the closure today? Strange lies and propaganda these days

That was why I asked him to go and play with sand outside. You don't need to explain anything to the clown.

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Yyeske(m): 10:31am On Nov 04, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:

If you listened to the radio yesterday evening, there was an announcement by anambra market union leaders that included Main market, ochanja market, bridge head market, Relief market, Building materials intl market etc calling on traders to disregard the order from the governor.

And mind you it is not a rally per say but for the posthumous celebration of Ojukwu.
This was to let people know that there was no order from the government as the OP posited
Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by BUHARIjubrin: 10:33am On Nov 04, 2017
Yyeske:
Re-read my modified version, my phone shake head one kind.
If you reside in Onitsha with an office on Kano street and you didn't hear anything about the locking up of all markets today? Hmmm.

I never said I didn't hear about the market closure... Am even in my house at the moment.
The market closure order was from the government but the market union leaders came out yesterday evening and urged traders to disregard the order as its just a political exercise which they will not be party to.

3 Likes

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by BUHARIjubrin: 10:36am On Nov 04, 2017
MXrap:

That is why I asked to go and play with sand outside. You don't need to explain anything to the clown.

You have nothing to contribute.. ..so continue to watch from the sideline .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Nebuzaradan: 10:39am On Nov 04, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:

heard it on radio too all the market union was against it and order everyone to proceed with their businesses today
they're are crying it loud yesterday on sapientia fm
Obiano is a vagabond
he thinks he can win Anambrarians with OJUKWU sentiments
well at least this will show him that we Anambrarians are not that stupidd
you destroyed apga ideology to always back igbo ideology which is biafra directly or indirectly
he didn't know that it was that ideology that kept apga alive even in the mist of fierce opposition.
now that he have destroyed it i wish him Goodluck and i pray he plays his card well to match the money bags out there.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by BUHARIjubrin: 10:39am On Nov 04, 2017
Yyeske:
This was to let people know that there was no order from the government as the OP posited

You are contradicting yourself the more. ...there was no order from the government yet there an announcement of market closure... So where did it emanate from?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Yyeske(m): 10:41am On Nov 04, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:

I never said I didn't hear about the market closure... Am even in my house at the moment.
The market closure order was from the government but the market union leaders came out yesterday evening and urged traders to disregard the order as its just a political exercise which they will not be party to.
By Monday, go and ask carefully who agreed for the markets to be shut down and why was the closure not extended statewide, why only Onitsha metro area and if it's only for honouring late Ojukwu, why must it be restricted to Onitsha? Market leaders only came to pacify traders when rumours started flying around since yesterday that it was an order from the government which was untrue
Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Yyeske(m): 10:42am On Nov 04, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
heard it on radio too all the market union was against it and order everyone to proceed with their businesses today
There was no order from the government is what we are saying here
Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Yyeske(m): 10:44am On Nov 04, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:

You are contradicting yourself the more. ...there was no order from the government yet there an announcement of market closure... So where did it emanate from?
No contradiction here, there was no order from the government for closure of markets, it was agreed among the market leaders
Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Kingsley1000(m): 10:44am On Nov 04, 2017
government of obiano is the one of the biggest fraud in Nigeria.so much noise and many billboards but nothing on ground, all the roads today at anambra was done by Peter obi/ngige, almost every day the governor is signing memorandum of understanding, but you won't see anything tangible ,he said he attracted 50billion dollar investment,where are the industries/ companies located? he said he exported ugu/bitter leaf to europe which yield over 10billion dollar,have you gone to the site where all these things are cultivated? billboards everywhere, I have been going round to see where the vegetables or the yams is being cultivated, its just a pure lie, look at governor ambode of Lagos and umahi of ebonyi, in less than 3yrs into office see how good they have performed without making any noise, just last week, obiano came to my town and flagged off a road with one catapillar and left since then Nothing is happening there , go to the site of cargo airport he signed the mou with Chinese firm the place is till a tick evil forest .asides paying of salaries which is not an achievement, obiano did nothing in anambra except putting up Billboards and barbing and carving his hair...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by BUHARIjubrin: 10:45am On Nov 04, 2017
Nebuzaradan:

Mine was from odenigbo FM. ...the market union leaders swiftly consulted all the radio station in the state for to make their stance clear.

It's only when election is around the corner that the drunkard realize the importance of closing markets to honor Ojukwu.

Politics really makes one lose his sense.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Yyeske(m): 10:45am On Nov 04, 2017
Kingsley1000:
government of obiano is the one of the biggest fraud in
Nigeria.so much noise and many billboards but nothing
on ground, all the roads today at anambra was done by
Peter obi/ngige, almost every day the governor is signing
memorandum of understanding, but you won't see
anything tangible ,he said he attracted 50billion dollar
investment,where are the industries/ companies located?
he said he exported ugu/bitter leaf to europe which yield
over 10billion dollar,have you gone to the site where all
these things are cultivated? billboards everywhere, I have
been going round to see where the vegetables or the
yams is being cultivated, its just a pure lie, look at
governor ambode of Lagos and umahi of ebonyi, in less
than 3yrs into office see how good they have performed
without making any noise, just last week, obiano came
to my town and flagged off a road with one catapillar
and left since then Nothing is happening there , go to the
site of cargo airport he signed the mou with Chinese firm
the place is till a tick evil forest .asides paying of
salaries which is not an achievement, obiano did nothing
in anambra except putting up Billboards and barbing and
carving his hair...
What is this one saying
Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Nebuzaradan: 10:47am On Nov 04, 2017
Yyeske:
this is the proof that you're not an Anambra person or reside in anambra

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Yyeske(m): 10:47am On Nov 04, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:

Mine was from odenigbo FM. ...the market union leaders swiftly consulted all the radio station in the state for to make their stance clear.

It's only when election is around the corner that the drunkard realize the importance of closing markets to honor Ojukwu.

You could equally get it on brilla FM or even Minaj, fact still remains that the government never ordered the closure of any market
Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Yyeske(m): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
this is the proof that you're not an Anambra person or reside in anambra

Prove to me that you don't reside in Somalia and you're not a Somali Jew
Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Nebuzaradan: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:

gbam that's exactly what they keep repeating on the radio

Obiano should realize that apga died in the heart of igbos especially Anambra people the day he chose to side with the murderous buharian army and saw his fellow igbos been massacred instead of him to play neutral or even keep himself out of it he decided to support them.
he also supported the numerous army check points in anambra state as if we're at war.
that was the day apga died as igbo party.
apga just like apc and the rest are just all about politics

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Nebuzaradan: 10:53am On Nov 04, 2017
[s]
Yyeske:
Prove to me that you don't reside in Somalia and you're not a Somali Jew
[/s]
stale from a yeroba Muslim grin

2 Likes

Re: ANAMBRA: Traders Protest As Obiano Orders Close Of All Anambra Markets by Nebuzaradan: 10:55am On Nov 04, 2017
[s]
Yyeske:
You could equally get it on brilla FM or even Minaj, fact still remains that the government never ordered the closure of any market
[/s]
shatap you this yeroba Muslim
so government did not order it
the market union was acting based on what and which order?
well it's waste of time talking to a brain worse than that of IpobExposed grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Fulani Man Who Became The New Emir Of Lagos (pics) / The Army Lied About Its Casualties / See The New Stadium Dave Is Building In Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.