Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) (44264 Views)

Infinix Zero 8(N116,900) Vs Infinix Note 7(89,500), Which Should U Buy? (photos) / Infinix Note 7(N89,500) Vs Infinix S5 Pro(N96,000),which Should You Buy?(photos) / TECNO Spark 4 (N34,500) Vs Infinix Hot 8 (N36,500) Which Should You Buy?(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by ThierryJay: 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2017
Jarus:
Only Shoprite bread commands this mumu-ness in Nigeria.

Haha, even the craze for shoprite bread has worn off significantly in 9ja

1 Like

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by tbliss22(m): 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2017
SonOfAfonja:
grin Nigerian crowd....awaiting the IphoneX

lolz...shey na for underworld or where?? certainly not this year.

Just yesterday, I saw a guy flaunting iphone3, and I was like "are u kidding me?"

1 Like

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by nonsovich(m): 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
all these ones shouting 'why will I spend my valuable time waiting for an iPhone that would soon be a thing of yesterday, will I use it to talk to God?.. truth be told, Na jealousy dey worry una... just cos u can't afford doesn't mean the fone ain't dope... I wish I can have one only be say Na garri I dey drink as I dey type ds one with my infinix note 4....
lemme ask y'all a question o... if dem dash u... shey u nor go run collect am ...lets appreciate something good, that way we attract a lot of good things to our selves...
p.s: nobody should quote or else... I go wire u thunder from above!

3 Likes

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by bigtt76(f): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2017
Exactly. Not crazy anymore about gadgets. I get only what I need. I don't see reason why I would to keep up with the Joneses and trends. Once a phone can call, I can hear, send SMS, get my emails via outlook and browse the net conveniently, I'm settled. I do that now with my TECNO G9 pad, infinix hot 2 or my UMI Iron.

BTW the iPhone X screen looks more like it has a tempered screen protector covering it. That black cutout on the top is ugly. I see another model coming out soon without that cut out. grin

Queenlovely:
2006 my brother was among the first people to buy an iphone3. He stood under the rain with other iphone fans for 2 days in anticipation of the phone launch. Fast-forward today, he sold that phone after a week. He had a problem with his self esteem and thought he would get people's attention with the phone. The novelty washed away very quickly. He began looking for the launch of Samsung phone. This is when you depend on external factor to define you. To just boast with the phone.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by bigtt76(f): 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2017
Really? The queue still there but I wonder what's so special about the bread sef nothing. Can't suffer myself like that na.

ThierryJay:

Haha, even the craze for shoprite bread has worn off significantly in 9ja

1 Like

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by pannyman(m): 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2017
Queenlovely:
2006 my brother was among the first people to buy an iphone3. He stood under the rain with other iphone fans for 2 days in anticipation of the phone launch. Fast-forward today, he sold that phone after a week. He had a problem with his self esteem and thought he would get people's attention with the phone. The novelty washed away very quickly. He began looking for the launch of Samsung phone. This is when you depend on external factor to define you. To just boast with the phone.

The first iPhone was launched in 2007. There was no iPhone in 2006.
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2017
Queenlovely:
IPhone didn't exist in 2006.

1 Like

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by jaxxy(m): 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2017
I know iPhone for being smart bt i hv my doubts on iPhone x or whatever.
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by Orpe7(m): 4:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
Explorers:
LONDON: People queue outside the Apple Store on Regent Street in London as the iPhone X goes on sale in the UK.

LONDON: The queue builds this morning outside the Apple store in Covent Garden in London as the iPhone X comes out

Its not like they pay all at once na.
So they can afford to queue for days sef
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by MARX77(m): 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2017
Queenlovely:
My uncle ran away from Jesuit college. He didn't want to be a priest anymore. So many people pleaded with him to go back but to no avail.
What is the point here? We sometimes think we would be happy if we had something but are Disappointed when it doesn't live up to the hype. You should not chase happiness, it will come when you least expect.

Happiness is like a butterfly, if you chase it, it would fly. But if you forget about it, it would just come down and settle on your shoulder.
Excellent point,this reminds of a saying that goes thus:"if you get what you want,would you want what you get?"
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by thunderbabs: 4:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
cleanshaven:

lol , Op said around the world , not all over the world, am waiting patiently for london used iphone X

Grammar wan start anoda trouble again....around d world and all over the world......na una sabi ooo
No single queue for any iphone x for All d Slot shops combined....das wha me i knw..........

Naijas be waitin for "london used" ahhhhaaaaaaaa, who turned us into diz....... cry

1 Like

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by EzeeYFB(m): 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2017
Na wa ooo Well sha naija pple dey wait for London Used

1 Like

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by Gudfrie(m): 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2017
Explorers:
The iPhone X is on sale now and people have lined up for days to be the first to get their hands on it.

With an eye-watering price tag of £999, customers will be hoping for some decent bang for their buck.

But that didn't put off Apple fans as the much anticipated iPhone X's withits lush screen and facial-recognition skills tests the patience of consumers and investors with demand outstripping supply around the world.

The X is Apple's next generation smartphone that uses facial recognition software for the first time and is going on sale in cities worldwide today with queues building at Apple Stores amid rumours of limited stock.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5045773/Thousands-Apple-fans-queue-outside-stores-iPhone-X.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/iphone-x-apple-smartphone-queues-photos-2017-11?IR=T/#in-hong-kong-iphone-x-units-were-being-resold-immediately-on-the-street-to-make-a-profit-after-purchase-23

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by remama(f): 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
Can somebody ask them for me will the phone be automatic ticket to heaven? cos me tire for this iphones matter issue wey pple dey queue for hours instead of doing better things with their time, make them come naija na and see if the whole shop no go miss
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by remama(f): 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
Can somebody ask them for me will the phone be automatic ticket to heaven? cos me tire for this iphones matter issue wey pple dey queue for hours instead of doing better things with their time, make them come naija na and see if the whole shop no go miss ;DCan somebody ask them for me will the phone be automatic ticket to heaven? cos me tire for this iphones matter issue wey pple dey queue for hours instead of doing better things with their time, make them come naija na and see if the whole shop no go miss

1 Like

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by BadBradley: 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
Ishilove:
Mscheeeeew. When I have my trusted old BlackBerry Q10 angry grin

Speed- Q10 has it

Elegance- Q10 has it

Battery life- lipsrsealed (Ehn, it's nothing a new 'follow come' battery cannot solve tongue)

Ruggedness- Q10 is like the old Nokia 3310. I've lost count of how many times I've stepped on it, dropped it and sat on it on hard surfaces yet it remains ever gallant cool

Key pad- OH YAAS!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

So why will I spend several valuable man hours queuing to buy a phone that will be yesterday's fad in just a few months?

Wo, Blackberry for life jor!!! cheesy
You and the 35 people who liked your blackberry Q10 post have really mastered the art of self deceit.

Swear you will not choose an iphone over your outdated,WhatsApp non-compliant junk of a phone.

1 Like

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by Denko2721987(m): 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2017
Slaves of capitalism

2 Likes

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by Somatic(m): 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
SonOfAfonja:
grin Nigerian crowd....awaiting the IphoneX

More like awaiting the first London used

1 Like

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by Malakh: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
it's juju its called sorcery
delikay4luv:
Hahaha. If na my country, they will say it's Juju. Yoruba people will even say "won ti fi ori wan gba paro". Hehehehe
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
The iPhone lineups are only seen in 1st world countries. Most humans don't have 1,000 pounds to buy a phone.

1 Like

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by DEADALIVE: 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2017
All I noted was average people happily purchasing the iphonex while Africa no launch was done yet Nigeria claims to have the largest market for business thriving..
just watch as our useless leaders will go out dear to queue to purchase the device bring it back to Nigeria to oppress the poor.
until Africa begin to develop technologically the developed countries will always capitalize on our weakness.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by justmenoni: 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
Uncle explorer, you said on SALE as in with discount? Init grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by AleAirHub(m): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
Chai..... See better jezz way dey sell market since BC shocked shocked shocked
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by davillian(m): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
Ishilove:
Mscheeeeew. When I have my trusted old BlackBerry Q10 angry grin

Speed- Q10 has it

Elegance- Q10 has it

Battery life- lipsrsealed (Ehn, it's nothing a new 'follow come' battery cannot solve tongue)

Ruggedness- Q10 is like the old Nokia 3310. I've lost count of how many times I've stepped on it, dropped it and sat on it on hard surfaces yet it remains ever gallant cool

Key pad- OH YAAS!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

So why will I spend several valuable man hours queuing to buy a phone that will be yesterday's fad in just a few months?

Wo, Blackberry for life jor!!! cheesy
I also use a Q10 with google playstore installed on it.
As long as my q10 is working I don't see any need to buy a new phone.
Any other need the phone can't handle my laptop will handle it.
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by hooklover: 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
Were are picture of iPhone x launch in Nigeria?

Thought dry say recession is over.....
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2017
bigtt76:
Exactly. Not crazy anymore about gadgets. I get only what I need. I don't see reason why I would to keep up with the Joneses and trends. Once a phone can call, I can hear, send SMS, get my emails via outlook and browse the net conveniently, I'm settled. I do that now with my TECNO G9 pad, infinix hot 2 or my UMI Iron.

BTW the iPhone X screen looks more like it has a tempered screen protector covering it. That black cutout on the top is ugly. I see another model coming out soon without that cut out. grin

It doesn't, it's just a bad engineering design. The notch on top is the fugliest thing on a bezeless phone.
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by hahn(m): 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

You can't help it can you? Even when people simply make passing comments as long as the spelling G-O-D is found in their comment anywhere, you would go against that comment like a maniacal robot who though already switched off still has to use its last battery power to at least do something...or anything.

God does not exist to you but you still cannot help jumping on any little side comment about him. Your problem is extremely potent.

Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by rhymz(m): 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
Queenlovely:
Stupid talk.
You look at most of the people on that queue and they look to you like people sufffering from low-self esteem.... may be you are the one with the problem.

Many of them are tech people who depend on very high end phones for their work. Some of them are business people that want to buy and then resell..... it is because of them Apple and the likes are able to innovate and manufacture wonderful products.
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 04, 2017
op see my life,this is the country they should have born me .

when some people never eat here, chia,God why is always Africa?
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by dabossman(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
Please, are these ones not "sheeple" too in the famous words of Freeze? Queuing up every year to by the latest iPhone model like their life depends on it while the Apple execs keep smiling to the bank and fly in jets. You must surely bow to the power of corporate mindf*ck. Pardon my French.

But, like I always say, their money, their choice.
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
abeg someone should get one for Jubril I will pay for it
Re: iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos) by holysina(m): 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2017
I prefer the Samsung Note 8 to the iPhone x. People just like wasting money, when u can get a similar phone with 6g ram for £850

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. / The Best Android Devices In Nigeria According To Price Category / 5 Most Expensive Smartphones 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.