Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? (17048 Views)

Bring TB. Joshua's Body Home For Burial - Ondo Youths Tell Family / Coffin ''Refuses'' To Enter Zambian Church Building For Burial (Photos) / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by XXLDICK(m): 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
iamgenius:

Noted. But we don't want you to rot in hell.
Which of the hells, Christian's, islam's,Mormon's Sikhist's
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by 02Kebreal(m): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
ONLY ISLAM HAS A BETTER EXPLANATION IN ALL ISSUES.... ISLAM EXPLAINS IN CLEARER TERMS... ALHAMDULILAH I'M A MUSLIM.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by OgbeniSir(m): 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2017
Osho

Culin:
I thought this thread was just for Christians, but I can see some extremist and their pathetic comments.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by shittufarukumar(m): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
XXLDICK:

I would have done so if I was a Christian.

Why should I defend what I do not believe in
so why do you have to comment
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Caseless: 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2017
twilliamx:
The bible does not really emphasise on burial, it emphasises more on what matters which is making heaven, life after death, islam can lay emphasis on burial because it is a worldly religion, but the basis of Christianity is making eternal life. If they like let them dump your body in hot oil. Remember that most of Jesus disciple died horrible deaths with most of their bodies mutilated.
The bible does not give respect to the flesh, but the spirit, Islam can respect the flesh all they want but we must give more attention to our souls which is what matters to God. They can throw me in the canal when am dead for all I care but may God not throw my soul in hell..
Islam a worldly what? grin grin grin

If what you said is true, tell me why you celebrate burial like it's written so in the bible.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by XXLDICK(m): 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2017
shittufarukumar:
so why do you have to comment
Read the topic. The OP asked a question on the biblical view and someone was quoting Quran and I directed him to the right place to do so. Now direct your question to those quoting Quran on this thread.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by ashawopikin(m): 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
shittufarukumar:
oga ur cap no dey stay for head till you hand shock am and this wan wey you fold like dog wey dey catch cold hope all is well@ your DP
your own cap wey b like all those aboki wey dey sew shoe, na una type dey carry bomb
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by omokab: 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
XXLDICK:

Is it wrong to use condoms or not
Are MouthAction and cunnilingus a sin or not
Is doggy style a sin or not

Give me Islam views on those with Quran verses to drive your point.
I love your question because you taught you have asked a question that does not have answer. Islam talk about child control and sex protection so it is good to use condom. MouthAction in islam have different view according to scholars. what islam said is that sex between a man and his wife shouldn't come through anal and when a woman is menstruating.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by XXLDICK(m): 4:44pm On Nov 05, 2017
omokab:
I love your question because you taught you have asked a question that does not have answer. Islam talk about child control and sex protection so it is good to use condom. MouthAction in islam have different view according to scholars. what islam said is that sex between a man and his wife shouldn't come through anal and when a woman is menstruating.
Good you agreed there's a lacuna on MouthAction.

I have proved my point.

Doggy style nko grin
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by lawman88(m): 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
doffman:

A normal religion should teach total ways of life. Such religion should be able to tell us good cultral practice and bad cultural practice.
You cannot just say you should respect any country culture. What of if such country culture is demonlish in nature.
Just sit down in one Corner joor..
Christianity is man made religion if you did not know

I don't time for retards like you....so busy
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Bakrabas: 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2017
Worshipping the death man on the cross can't safe your life... Worship the God that neither begot nor begotten, worship the God that created the death god on the cross. Worship the only one God, the One that created Jesus and Muhammad

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by wyqay: 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
twilliamx:
The bible does not really emphasise on burial, it emphasises more on what matters which is making heaven, life after death, islam can lay emphasis on burial because it is a worldly religion, but the basis of Christianity is making eternal life. If they like let them dump your body in hot oil. Remember that most of Jesus disciple died horrible deaths with most of their bodies mutilated.
The bible does not give respect to the flesh, but the spirit, Islam can respect the flesh all they want but we must give more attention to our souls which is what matters to God. They can throw me in the canal when am dead for all I care but may God not throw my soul in hell..
if Islam make emphasis on life and burial as well as respect the flesh i think muslims will keep their dead ones in the morgue and later use best casket in town for their burial just like the Christians.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by gawu1: 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2017
XXLDICK:

Go to your cult-like section and preach Islam, not here
Bring tangible reasons to counter his. Insult is not what's needed. A question was posed and so he answered it to the best of his knowledge using reference with his own faith without one single insult. The questioner too made reference with Islam. Why not you do same thing. If you think there is universal way specified by christianity which christian should follow in burying death ones share with us here. You can even explain why there is not or there should not be.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by shittufarukumar(m): 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2017
ashawopikin:
your own cap wey b like all those aboki wey dey sew shoe, na una type dey carry bomb
ah no be aboki the cap name na darra and ego. Buy 10 of dat wrapper wey u use hand shock am wey you dey call cap

U fit use Google check

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by shittufarukumar(m): 6:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
XXLDICK:

Good you agreed there's a lacuna on MouthAction.

I have proved my point.

Doggy style nko grin
it accepted so far as it not anal sex or when on menses
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 05, 2017
twilliamx:
God bless you brother. You got it
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by skydude(m): 6:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
Joseph of Arithmathea had to go to Pilate to seek for the body of Jesus so that he could bury him in his Tomb, So as a Christian we should be bury in a grave then Africa traditional religion made us to understand burial as the final rite of man and it transports us into the world beyond, usually a coin is usually dropped so that the soul can give the boat man, African traditional religion believes that if burial is not done then the spirit would be hovering around until he is put to rest via burial. If a man dies in a plan crash or is body is shattered it is expected we take part of the body amd bury it that why you hear of mass burial in case of such events.
So my take burial is important
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by skydude(m): 6:39pm On Nov 05, 2017
People here are just shouting islam teaches it all how many of the teaching do they practice aside the extremist views, for instance marry more than one wife if you can take care of them even aboki wey no fit take care of himself go marry 3, so who they deceive who
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by skydude(m): 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2017
skydude:
People here are just shouting islam teaches it all how many of the teaching do they practice aside the extremist views, for instance marry more than one wife if you can take care of them even aboki wey no fit take care of himself go marry 3, so who they deceive who
Also to marry under age abeg make i see road clearly, pot calling kettle black, am just myself don't think am a Christian
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by doffman: 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
lawman88:

I don't time for retards like you....so busy
And you have time to comment on this post..
Moreover, have u answered the Op question?
What a shame!
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Oches4me(m): 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2017
scaramucci:

I am a Christian. Tell me why is better to become a Muslim?
because islam is this total way of life, is way of our creator and I wish u learn independently about it.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Joagbaje(m): 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2017
ifyalways:
Interesting. Never thought of this before.

Any takers @ topic. Joagbaje?

toltee4real:
I am deeply concern as regards the dictate of Christianity as a religion, the guides and procedures for burying our dead relatives. I found it necessary to bring it up here as the Muslims has a unique way of handling it. Does bible stipulates any guidance?

Burial , weddings etc all have ceremonies which may not be biblical. And not being biblical doesn't mean it's wrong . We can class them as"Acceptable will of God" when Ananias died there was no ceremony likewise John the Baptist . It's a matter of choice to bury the individual immediately or follow ceremony .
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by kbit09: 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2017
saraki2019:
anyone buried without the acknowledgement will go to hell
WHY YOU don't need jesus
“I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 15:24).
Jesus selected Jewish disciples, spoke in Jewish synagogues and the Jewish temple, and traveled mostly in Jewish areas. His mission, in fulfillment of the Jewish prophets, was to the Jewish people.
“a Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, ‘Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly’” (Matthew 15:22).
This Gentile woman recognized Jesus as the Messiah (“Son of David”), but “Jesus did not answer a word” (verse 23). As the woman kept up her appeals, Jesus finally responded, but His words seemed to hold little hope: “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel” (verse 24)
Jesus’ concern for Israel was shown in the instructions to the twelve disciples as He sent them out on their first preaching mission. “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles,” He said, “and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matt 10:5-6).
and is lam comfirmed it
And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic." quran 61:6

this is why we africans and the other races do not jesus or christainity
we need islam sent to the whole of the world
the qur'an confirms it
(oh muhammad) We have not sent thee, save as a mercy unto all beings. quran (21:107)
therefore any non-isreali following jesus is a like a dog stealing what does not belong to him
as comfirmed by jesus
He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.” Mark 7:24-28.

I appreciate that you picked that portion "mathew 15:22-26" of the bible you seem to omit verses 27-28 which actually completes the story.
1st bible is not to be read literally but by grace and the Holy Spirit we gain understanding of God's word ( The Holy Bible).
If i may, Jesus was interested in the woman's faith not on her account but for our own sake. Verse 28 reveals that Jesus acknowledged her faith and granted her wish. Romans 3: 28-30 and Romans 5:1-2 "this chapter n verses teaches us that before God jews or gentiles, God is interested in our faith to justify us. [/b]To think also that Jesus literally meant He was sent only to the lost sheep of isreal is also wrong...what Jesus meant there is that He has come 1st to lost sheep of isreal then to all nation. This, Jesus confirmed in [b]"mark 16: 15-16" preach to all "nation" that inclusive the gentiles confirmed also in act 13:46. Also "Act 13:47" "for the Lord has commanded us, saying, ' i have set you to be light for the gentile, that you may bring salvation to the uttermost part of the earth" paul who always acknowledges he is a servant of Jesus set apart for the gospel clearly stated that that Jesus has commanded Him to spread the word of the gospel to the gentiles.

I am the Way the Truth and the Life John 14:6-7
JESUS
God bless us all.

Pls confirm those verses by reading them

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
Oches4me:
because islam is this total way of life, is way of our creator and I wish u learn independently about it.

Christianity is more of what you mentioned. Next!
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Diago02(m): 10:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
larrymoore:
Christianity isn't a religion
C Dis Mischiovious Adult Rascal... Ur Papa Born More Dan 30 Children U Are Just D Bastard Of D First Orda
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by twilliamx(m): 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
ugolinze123:

Canal kee....u want ya dead body to float and ya eyes poped up wit ya body swollen like a blomblom with a whitish skin and wen it bursts the environment will be polluted and no body will pass the canal again....ah ah there is God oh but u re wicked oh..

I don't mind! My body is temporal, my soul is permanent... I don't want my soul to suffer..that is what matters to me.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by twilliamx(m): 11:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
bahaushe1:

I like your openness in admitting that the authors of your 'holy' book omitted this aspect.

As for the difference between soul and flesh, I want ask these questions:

What will God resurrect on the day of judgement, soul or both soul and flesh?

What will be admitted to heaven, soul or both soul and flesh?

What will be punished in hell, soul or both soul and flesh?

Islam dignify humans even in death, that inform our decent burial.

Islam is a complete way of life, it didn't leave anything to guessing.

It was not omitted mind you. The only instruction the true God gave was to take it out of the then city and bury it in the ground cos as we know corpse laying around anyhow can result in the an epidemic.

The difference between a soul and body is that the body or flesh is a temporal casing for the soul. The soul is a spirit being. It is the voice of your soul that you hear in your head without speaking with your mouth. It is the same voice that you will hear in your head while reading this.

Your soul is what will be resurrected on the last day as your body is a temporal enclosure, that sins, bleeds and can be modified. It will be discarded for your true being which is your soul.

Your soul will be admitted to heaven, because heaven is a spirit place just like hell

Your soul will be eternally punished in hell. The flesh is for the earthly realm that is why it can be modified either from man to woman, can be amputated and all sorts

There is no dignity in death cos a living dog is better than a dead lion.

Islam is a sham religion, it is a dubious version of the bible written hundreds of years later by a psychotic murderous pedophile. Use your common sense cos i know God gave us all that regardless of what you believe. Your body is prone to accident, death, injury, sexually immortality and all around sin so its not important when it comes to spiritual matters or what happens to it after you die, it is what happens to your soul after you die that matters. May God reveal the truth to you cos only him can save whom he wishes to save.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by twilliamx(m): 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2017
Caseless:
Islam a worldly what? grin grin grin

If what you said is true, tell me why you celebrate burial like it's written so in the bible.

That is our culture, other cultures of the world have their way of burying their dead. Google it. Yoruba parents don't go for burial of their child, Igbo's have theirs and likewise other culture. it is more cultural than religious...think well before you ask me a question cos I will always have a proper answer for you.. Even the islamic way you purport is the Arab culture imbibed through religious doctrines.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by lumeneng22: 7:44am On Nov 06, 2017
twilliamx:
Bad advice . If your children see this your write up, they may end up not burrying you when you die. Go and read the account jacob and joseph life and burrial in the Bible.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by ashawopikin(m): 11:54am On Nov 06, 2017
shittufarukumar:
ah no be aboki the cap name na darra and ego. Buy 10 of dat wrapper wey u use hand shock am wey you dey call cap

U fit use Google check
ode

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by ashawopikin(m): 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2017
Oches4me:
way of life ko. What type pf a religion teaches mopn worshipping and extremism all im d name of 70virgins in afterlife

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Advice For Backsliding Christians. / Pope Benedict Announces Shocking conversion To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.