Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? (17072 Views)

Bring TB. Joshua's Body Home For Burial - Ondo Youths Tell Family / Coffin ''Refuses'' To Enter Zambian Church Building For Burial (Photos) / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by ifyalways(f): 10:10am On Nov 05, 2017
Interesting. Never thought of this before.

Any takers @ topic. Joagbaje?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Caseless: 10:10am On Nov 05, 2017
toltee4real:
I am deeply concern as regards the dictate of Christianity as a religion, the guides and procedures for burying our dead relatives. I found it necessary to bring it up here as the Muslims has a unique way of handling it. Does bible stipulates any guidance?
I've been wanting to ask this question sef.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Caseless: 10:12am On Nov 05, 2017
XXLDICK:

Go to your cult-like section and preach Islam, not here
dispute his point with facts.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by summerflame(m): 10:17am On Nov 05, 2017
Mpanyi:

Whatever! For Islamic religion whatever, wonder what my comment or I got to do with Islam.
if u don't know what to type or say, then shut up, u are losing out Of memory and moreover, airtel didn't compensate u that 10mb to use in constituting nuisance here boy..
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 05, 2017
toltee4real:
I am deeply concern as regards the dictate of Christianity as a religion, the guides and procedures for burying our dead relatives. I found it necessary to bring it up here as the Muslims has a unique way of handling it. Does bible stipulates any guidance?

We have been burying our dead long before the white man came with their religion.
This is a useless, senseless n baseless post.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Olanrefront3355(m): 10:20am On Nov 05, 2017
scaramucci:

If what Muslims(majority) are doing is what Allah asked them to do then I would rather never be a Muslim.

Hi Bro, Majority? Do you know what Majority is?

Let's say you don't. Have you ever walked on your Street and see pple running afta you to give you flyers? Harassing you, following you around to accept this and that? are they Muslims? And only for this people to tell you ur salvation is at a certain place, not the other?
(Those are extremists)

Bro, Don't be sentimental, let's get logical, your brain is there to put to use not to hate what you don't know. Has there have been a day in your street WHR Muslims are causing trouble and throwing tantrums?

The fact that Some 7% people decided to be terrorist doesn't make us all terrorists, When you say Majority you mean more than 50% of the actual percentage.

If a bomb goes off in a street in Kano, Maiduguri, or more, who dies most? THE MUSLIMS, they are the majority in the region 85% of Muslims lives in Northern region, Even the Christians who stays there understands that Islam is not terrorism. But the Christians in the other regions are the ones criticizing this Islam.

13 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Caseless: 10:21am On Nov 05, 2017
Mpanyi:
Christians please stop all this nonsense. Why try always to bring Christianity to ridicule one way or another? Why not ask about the biblical way you eat amala, tuwo or akpu? You can as well ask if the above mentioned foods are biblical. I felt like calling someone name but I had to restrain myself.
that you eat through your mouth, that's the biblical way. Eat through your nose, and you've committed sin.

Now, tell us the Christian or biblical way of burying the dead.

Just a day before yesterday, a Christian man from akwa ibom was complaining bitterly how everything is wrong with the burial process. How unnecessary weight is put on the bereaved. How churches take gin or hot to receive the news of dead. How you buy casket of 500k to bury someone. How some wh do not have money leave their loved ones in mortuary or sell family land to bury the dead.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by magzey: 10:21am On Nov 05, 2017
scaramucci:

If what Muslims(majority) are doing is what Allah asked them to do then I would rather never be a Muslim.
Even before your generations many of your type existed ,it was only when death manifested unto them they cried and with to become Muslim but time was not on their side they are deaf and dump when the word of Allah was preach unto them.Too late. Try and know Islam you will not regret your life. As the holy Quran has every answer to your life and hereafter. Remember Jesus was never a Christian. He serve Allah by bowing down and praying to God his creator.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by ugolinze123(m): 10:22am On Nov 05, 2017
toltee4real:
Very Good question OP...christians always mix village traditions to burials but muslims dnt

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Caseless: 10:23am On Nov 05, 2017
Olanrefront3355:

Hi Bro, Majority? Do you know what Majority is?

Let's say you don't. Have you ever walked on your Street and see pple running afta you to give you flyers? Harassing you, following you around to accept this and that? are they Muslims? And only for this people to tell you ur salvation is at a certain place, not the other?

Bro, Don't be sentiment, let's get logical, your brain is there to put to use not to hate what you don't know. Has there have been a day in your street WHR Muslims are causing trouble and throwing tantrums?

The fact that Some 7% people decided to be terrorist doesn't make us all a terrorist, When you say Majority
leave them, they know nothing

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Culin(f): 10:24am On Nov 05, 2017
I thought this thread was just for Christians, but I can see some extremist and their pathetic comments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Mpanyi: 10:25am On Nov 05, 2017
Caseless:
that you eat through your mouth, that's the biblical way. Eat through your nose, and you've committed sin.

Just a day before yesterday, a Christian man from akwa ibom was complaining bitterly how everything is wrong with the burial process. How unnecessary weight is put on the bereaved. How churches take gin or hot to receive the news of dear. How you buy casket of 500k to bury someone. How some wh do not have money leave their loved ones in mortuary or sell family land to bury the dead.

You put the person below the earth. Is that not enough Christian way of burial? Some topics are just necessary.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Caseless: 10:26am On Nov 05, 2017
Mpanyi:

You put the person below the earth. Is that not enough Christian way of burial? Some topics are just necessary.

what's involved bit by bit before the corpse is out in the earth is the matter here.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Caseless: 10:27am On Nov 05, 2017
Culin:
I thought this thread was just for Christians, but I can see some extremist and their pathetic comments.
adherent of religion of love, tell us. You're not answering, that's extremists are here.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Olanrefront3355(m): 10:28am On Nov 05, 2017
Culin:

Hi ma'am, I'd take that as pure hatred, you all have Muslims as friend, you act so good to them, but then you'd come online to spew trash bou them, Be logical ma'am.

A question that needed an urgent answer was asked since you have no answer, people who does should come in. #peace

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by bandad: 10:41am On Nov 05, 2017
XXLDICK:

Shut ur smelly mouth up. Must u read it? When u know it`s about Islam, why didn`t u keep going instead os spewing garbage here nonesense.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 05, 2017
magzey:

Even before your generations many of your type existed ,it was only when death manifested unto them they cried and with to become Muslim but time was not on their side they are deaf and dump when the word of Allah was preach unto them.Too late. Try and know Islam you will not regret your life. As the holy Quran has every answer to your life and hereafter. Remember Jesus was never a Christian. He serve Allah by bowing down and praying to God his creator.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Oga, you can keep hitting your head on the ground in a particular direction for as long as you want, I stand by the declaration above. To do otherwise is absolute lunacy.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by ugolinze123(m): 10:45am On Nov 05, 2017
twilliamx:
The bible does not really emphasise on burial, it emphasises more on what matters which is making heaven, life after death, islam can lay emphasis on burial because it is a worldly religion, but the basis of Christianity is making eternal life. If they like let them dump your body in hot oil. Remember that most of Jesus disciple died horrible deaths with most of their bodies mutilated.
The bible does not give respect to the flesh, but the spirit, Islam can respect the flesh all they want but we must give more attention to our souls which is what matters to God. They can throw me in the canal when am dead for all I care but may God not throw my soul in hell..

Canal kee....u want ya dead body to float and ya eyes poped up wit ya body swollen like a blomblom with a whitish skin and wen it bursts the environment will be polluted and no body will pass the canal again....ah ah there is God oh but u re wicked oh..
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by safetyInspector(m): 10:47am On Nov 05, 2017
How was Lazarus and Jesus buried in the Bible. Christians are less concern about the dead because how one is buried doesn't matter, what matters most is his/her destination. It is appointed unto a man to die once and after that comes judgment.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Oches4me(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2017
Christianity is not a religion, just one question they can't answer.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Adeoba10(m): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2017
Culin:
Then ignore d extremist and answer that question to prove d extremist wrong....

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Adeoba10(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2017
scaramucci:

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
What about those who were born before Jesus? How will they see the FATHER?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by NinoDeDios: 11:01am On Nov 05, 2017
If you're a Christian, and I'm assuming you are, what exactly is stopping you from opening the Bible and reading it to find out for yourself? Surely you would find a more accurate answer from the source than a third party. It's this kind of attitude, the unwillingness to learn the scriptures for ourselves, that prevents spiritual maturity and leads many into the hands of deceivers and swindlers. Thanks

toltee4real:

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Majesty08: 11:06am On Nov 05, 2017
XXLDICK:

He is not preaching Islam rather he is telling the truth.........only your hatred won't make u understand!
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Majesty08: 11:09am On Nov 05, 2017
Lordcenturion2:

Who told you that Allah or jehova is the creator of human?
Are u there when they are creating?, it's not today that propaganda has been flying around, this kind of alaha/jehova(or any other gods) story is just like normal tortoise story, humans want their gods, their beliefs to take credits for what they know nothing about, adam/eve gave birth to humanity,all this thing are all lies, if this God wants us to worship him, there is nothing stop him from creating only one religion, now we have more than 5k religion with different beliefs, the same white couples (adam/eve) produced both blacks and Asian people (Chinese, Japanese etc) who form their own group according to their appearances and looks ... See, you can buried your corpse the way u know or the way u understand, if u like, cremate it, if u like bury it immediately, if u like bury it after 50years, if u like, u can mummified it ,if u like throw it for animals to feed on it, if u like throw it into the water, if u like eat it, there is no offence In all this the fact u don't allow the corpse to create diseases to others ..humans and their gods they believe in creates all this law, alot of people has died in a different way....

So who created Adam and eve........ abi dey created themselves according to ur illiteracy ko?
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by sodsak: 11:09am On Nov 05, 2017
Xtianity is a religion without principles,when d Bible forgot to tell them to worship on sundays,u are now looking for burial

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Valmesk(m): 11:12am On Nov 05, 2017
toltee4real:
Most Christians through the centuries have wanted to be buried after death with a ceremony that proclaims the message of resurrection; that ceremony, containing various rites and traditions, has come to be known as “Christian burial.”
Christian burial is not an explicitly biblical term. The Bible doesn't give instructions on how a body should be handled after death. In the cultures of Bible times, burial in a tomb, cave, or in the ground was the common way to dispose of a human body (Genesis 23:19; 35:4; 2 Chronicles 16:14; Matthew 27:60–66). The most common mode of burial in the Bible was to place the dead in above-ground tombs, for those who could afford it. For those who could not afford it, bodies were buried in the ground. In the New Testament, above-ground tombs were still reserved as burial places for the wealthy. This is why Jesus, who had no earthly wealth at all, was buried in a borrowed tomb (Matthew 27:57–60).

Today, obeying the laws of the land regarding corpses is a significant consideration. Laws vary from country to country.Christians are to obey the government authorities, laws regarding the disposing of a body must be followed. The fact that Jews and early Christians practiced burial exclusively is enough to persuade some people to choose burial today. In the end, it is best to leave that decision to the family of the deceased.

The method used to dispose of a body is not nearly as important as the truth behind the concept of Christian burial: that the body is no longer housing the person who has died. Paul describes our bodies as “tents,” that is, temporary abodes. “Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands” (2 Corinthians 5:1). When Jesus returns, Christians will be raised to life, and our bodies will be transformed to glorified, eternal bodies. “So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power” (1 Corinthians 15:42–43).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by expozey(f): 11:14am On Nov 05, 2017
The bible gives no step-by-step directions on how the dead should be buried. It says in the old testament to take the corpse some distance away from the inhabitated areas and bury- this would have had much to do with hygiene.
Casting aspersions on the OP and adherents of other religion for not having an answer bothers on the ridiculous. Same as trying to come up with excuses that, in my view, simply hold no water

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Succette: 11:14am On Nov 05, 2017
Can we just be our brother's keeper rather than face our religious differences?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by twilliamx(m): 11:15am On Nov 05, 2017
Caseless:

Just a day before yesterday, a Christian man from akwa ibom was complaining bitterly how everything is wrong with the burial process. How unnecessary weight is put on the bereaved. How churches take gin or hot to receive the news of dead. How you buy casket of 500k to bury someone. How some wh do not have money leave their loved ones in mortuary or sell family land to bury the dead.

Don't mix Christianity with culture. They are both separate.
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by Nbote(m): 11:15am On Nov 05, 2017
Jus bury d person according to ur culture jare... Whether u bury or cremate d body d person is dead and gone.. So long as nothing fetish is practiced. Christ himself was buried according to d Jewish tradition
Re: What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? by anitank(f): 11:15am On Nov 05, 2017
I have one quick question:

Why is it that Muslims can comment on Christian threads at will, but Christians have to swear to Allah to comment on a Muslim thread??

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"When You Kill Someone, His Blood Will Be On Your Head": How True Is This? / Abuja Pastor, Great Johnson Philip Takes Succour To Widows, Orphans In Gwarimpa / Advice For Backsliding Christians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.